~ Chapter 10 ~

Questions, Theories and Wonders

"I-is it nice?" Kyungsoo asked, and Baekhyun looked up in surprise and almost laughed out all the spaghetti he had just consumed. Normally at the dorms, Baekhyun would complain over Kyungsoo's almost perfect food just to annoy him and the latter would practically shove the plate in his face and say, 'Just eat it already!' But now he was so desperate for his food and missed it (and Kyungsoo of course) and made sure to appreciate what he got, because no matter how much he tried to look tough in front of Jongdae at times, he desperately missed it all to a high level of content. 
    "It's delicious," he smiled and turned to look at Jongdae who stuffed his mouth so quickly the food was already starting to disappear from the bowl. He turned back to his own food and continued to eat, while Jongdae proudly placed the cutlery back on the plate and it seemed Chanyeol had finished too. He stood up and reached for Jongdae's plate, but Jongdae brought it back slightly towards him and said, "Let me help you," in a soft tone.
    When Baekhyun was almost finished he looked up to see a slightly surprised look in Chanyeol's eyes, which in the end melted into a grateful look and he nodded his head, saying, "Thanks," and led Jongdae into the kitchen. 
    Baekhyun finished a few seconds afterwards and looked up into the kitchen to see Jongdae and Chanyeol discussing something, it made him smile, that is until he turned his line of sight to Kyungsoo diagonally sitting to him on the table and staring at Baekhyun with wide eyes, looking almost curious.
    Baekhyun chuckled lightly, sort of frightened by the male suddenly staring at him like he had something important to say, so he spoke, "Um...do you have many guests around?"
    Kyungsoo's eyes relaxed when Baekhyun spoke and varied around, looking at every corner of the room they were in as if searching for an answer, before looking back down at his now empty plate and shaking his head cutely.
    "No..."
    "Where do you work?"
    "I-I'm a chef at SM Cafe..."
    Baekhyun was taken back quickly. SM Cafe? What the hell? 
    But then it made sense, he remembered Chanyeol saying when they first met that he worked at SomeMore (SM) Cafe. He wondered if all the other EXO members worked there, and then suddenly something came to Baekhyun's head.
    Maybe to get back home, me and Jongdae have to go work at SM Cafe, like how we work in SMEntertainment.
    Baekhyun wanted to pat himself on the back because of how amazing he was, but decided not to as it would've looked weird in front of Kyungsoo, and then realised that said male was still awaiting for something to talk about as Chanyeol came around and took his and Baekhyun's plate, and he looked down at fiddling fingers.
    "U-um, me and Jongdae have just moved here, but we're still looking for a job...is there any more places in SM maybe?"
    Kyungsoo looked up from his fingers to Baekhyun and pouted slightly with thought as he scanned the room once more, deep in thought. Baekhyun begged inside of his head, pleaded that there had to be one, just one place at least.
    Kyungsoo shook his head, making Baekhyun's heart plummet, and explained, "The last space was taken by a guy called Yixing, who also moved in recently...actually I think he lives in a flat the floor under us, I've seen him a few times walk through the door that leads to the stairs from the floor below us and I think he's living with another guy...uh...I can't remember his name..."
    "Jongin," Chanyeol confirmed, appearing suddenly and sitting back down with Jongdae returning back to his seat next to Baekhyun, and Kyungsoo's eyes widened at the name.
    "Yes, that was it," giving a small glance at Chanyeol before back at their guests.
    "What were you talking about?" Chanyeol gave passing glances at Kyungsoo and Baekhyun, and Baekhyun could feel Jongdae's eyes bore on him from the side, obviously curious too.
    "Just about how me and Jongdae need a job," Baekhyun sighed, knowing secretly in his head that one of his plans had failed, and he would never be able to share it with Jongdae.
    "Oh, there's a spot in SM, only one though," Chanyeol's voice was like heaven in Baekhyun's ears and his head shot up from his slumping position in lightning speed. But Kyungsoo had just said...
    "I thought Yixing had took the last spot..."
    "Nope, that was the last spot for a waiter, there's one more space for a cleaner," Chanyeol smiled, turning to look at Baekhyun opposite him who mirrored his smile. It wasn't the most glamorous job Baekhyun had to admit, but then it was something.
    However, there was only one space, did that mean only one of them could return back home if it turned out that working in SM did bring them back to their normal lives? Baekhyun tried not to confuse himself too much, however it dawned on him that they couldn't stay there forever, more or less, one day, somehow, they were going to go back to their normal lives.
    But what was normal anymore?
    "Well then can we discuss it then talk about it, see who can do it," Jongdae confirmed smiling and turning to look at Baekhyun who was still in a daze and just nodded in reply. Jongdae started to confuse Baekhyun, he acted so happy, and that was the keyword; acted. Baekhyun knew that Chanyeol and Kyungsoo were as fresh and new to them all of a sudden as any normal person, and so naturally Jongdae would do his 'interview' smile and face, personality thrown in there too, and Baekhyun didn't like how they had to do that, he wanted to be casual in front of his friends, and he wanted Jongdae to be the same. 
    He missed the bratty and annoying Jongdae surprisingly.
    "Well we better go now, thank you very much for the food, and your hospitality," Jongdae thanked the two who murmured their replies and gestured for Baekhyun to stand up too, who did so hazily, and then the two bowed once more before waving their goodbyes and leaving the apartment.
    When they shut the door Baekhyun turned to look at Jongdae who grinned as if he had accomplished something that had to be awarded, and of course it did, "How clever am I? Free meal, friends, and a job as a bonus."
    Baekhyun sighed, nodded, then turned around to head back to the apartment, with an annoyed Jongdae following him and whining at him like a kicked puppy.


Jongin decided to forget about going out to the town and instead thought that himself and Yixing should go on a walk, because at the moment that's what Yixing needed more than anything, something to cool his head.
    After he let out his true feelings Jongin held him because he thought he needed to be held. The taller wrapped his arms around the elder and hugged him until he was sure his strength would weaken, but it never did so he protected Yixing and held onto him tightly.
    The Chinese male cried on his shoulder and Jongin honestly didn't know what to do. It was sad because he knew that that probably wasn't the first time Yixing had been like that, he had probably cried on Luhan's shoulder, Yifan's, Zitao's, Minseok's, Jongdae's, and when they had all gone, and he got his own studio set up in China, Jongin wondered if he was really happy, or cried on his own, silently.
    Although Jongin was upset that Yixing was crying, like any other member, he felt it was good that Yixing had released some of his locked up feelings. 
    They walked alongside each over, down the stairs, without a word. Jongin swore he could hear Yixing sniffling or touching his face like he was wiping away more tears, but then realised he was imagining it. And it came to him that he actually cared about Yixing more than he thought, but sometimes it was beyond his control to look after another like Yixing, maybe it was because he was younger or maybe he just wasn't good at it, but he wasn't as good as comforting like Suho, Luhan or Jongdae, although he cared a lot, it was hard for him to actually make someone feel better, which was extremely frustrating for the male. 
    They reached to the bottom of the stairs and Jongin silently indicated for the path that led into the forest, while Yixing nodded stiffly and Jongin sighed, all of a sudden it seemed like Yixing had shut down, locked up even more tightly than before, and it felt like they were going backwards. As they stopped just outside, Jongin searched his hand around for Yixing's, and when he found it he held it tightly.
    He could feel Yixing stiffen up, but Jongin started to walk and didn't let go, and it seemed to have become obvious after a while that he wasn't going to let go any time soon. 
    They walked, hands tightly interlocked, Jongin leading in front slightly, until they had crossed the road and were starting to walk down the path that twined down into the forest. 
    Jongin stopped pulling on Yixing slightly and walked alongside him casually once more, taking in a breath as they calmly walked down the forest path.
    He was feeling something different, but he didn't know what it was, it was his decision to hold onto Yixing's hand, yet he regretted it, he was holding it tightly, yet he felt like he wanted to pull away at the same time, maybe it was because he felt really strange when he did hold onto Yixing's hand, but it didn't really feel like a bad feeling, Jongin just felt a bit new and raw to it.
    "J-Jongin..." It took a while for Jongin to be snapped out of his thoughts by Yixing's timid voice that suddenly appeared out of nowhere, but when it did process he turned to look at the male, who had stopped walking, making Jongin stand in front of him slightly, while he looked down as if embarrassed and asked with an even softer voice, "When are you going to let go?"
    "Oh," he quickly let go of Yixing's hand, looking back at Yixing he had this strange thought that the smaller dancer would fall backwards, but he did nothing but let his hand fall beside him, although he didn't walk, he did open his mouth and start to speak, "I didn't mean...my hand..."
    Jongin tried to get a hold of the situation, and wrap around his head what Yixing had said. When it did hit him, his eyes widened and he didn't know whether Yixing was serious or not, but then, with that face and that seriousness in his tone, why would he be joking?
    "I...I'd never leave you Yixing...why would you think that?"
    He looked away, any where except from Jongin, and Jongin hated that because he couldn't get the answers he wanted because he couldn't look into his eyes, all he could do was listen to the silence that enveloped the two.
    "It's not that, it's just, just...you seem to never give up on me, you tell me to be angry and upset and to show it more, but why? Is that going to benefit you? How? Do you like seeing me upset?" His voice was trembling ever so slightly and his eyes only looked slightly puffy because of previous tears, but Jongin didn't want him to cry again and stepped forward to hold onto his shoulders, because Yixing wasn't right in the head at the moment, he was breaking down and falling him apart right in front of his eyes and he needed to save him, well it was more like he had to because no one else could, but even if he had a full hospital crew surrounding him trying to cure him, Jongin knew no matter how useless he was at comforting people, he would push past them and he would help Yixing because he...


...cared about him.


    "I hate seeing you upset Yixing, but...it's okay to cry sometimes, it's not something you should be ashamed of, I'm not someone who looks down on you and depends on you to smile and dance until you drop, I depend on you as a band member, but I also care about you as a friend, okay? And so I feel like instead of locking up your emotions, you should tell people about it, it's not good for you if you do, it can..."
    He doesn't want to finish the sentence because he's aware that Yixing knows what he's going to say next and looks back up at him with wide, full eyes. They look into each over's eyes for a while, and Jongin didn't know whether he should've done something, say something, but then realised that the silence between them was enough. Holding himself back from holding Yixing and caressing his fingers through his hair and hugging him until he was sure he would never fall apart again, seemed to show how much he really did want to do those things, how much he cared about him. Why did he care about him so much? He knew that Yixing was in a difficult situation, but he felt like he would fall apart every time he saw Yixing breaking apart piece by piece. When Yixing started to cry, he wanted to cry, and it was taunting him, all this protection, because he didn't know why but he knew it wasn't just protection, it was something else; warmth and butterflies when he laughed and smiled, pain and stinging when he felt emotionally down. He didn't know if Yixing was aware at this, that maybe he was pulling his strings the whole time, but then Jongin reminded himself how Yixing would never do something like that; he was even unaware at the moment how much Jongin cared about him.
    But maybe that was a good thing.
    "I...thank you," Yixing muttered, and if it wasn't so quiet then Jongin knew he wouldn't have been able to hear Yixing. For a moment he ponders about what Yixing was going to say, but knew thinking and asking about it wasn't going to make the curiosity go away as the smaller male would probably never answer, and so he shook it off. As soon as the Chinese dancer said the words, he lowered his head and leaned forward so that his head rested against Jongin's chest, and stayed like that, leaning on Jongin ever so slightly. He didn't touch Jongin so Jongin didn't touch him back.
    They stayed like that for a few minutes.
    It was nice.
    Jongin felt the warmth and butterflies again.


*dances around then bows*

I'm sorry,I'm in London at the moment *dances around* and also *throws unicorn kisses* JONGIN IS GETTING CLOSER TO...

To what?

 

 

 

I dunno ;-;

 

 

I'm so evil XD

 

Anyway, yeah I've been quite busy, in London, writing, drawing, yep, and so please don't kill me for the late update >.<

Anyway hope you enjoyed it, wuv you~