~ Chapter 11 ~

Questions, Theories and Wonders

"I'll have one americano please," Yixing recognised the voice immediately and snapped his head up to see the familiar tanned male opposite the counter.
    "Ah, Jongin," Yixing let out a breath of relief, he had never thought his first day at his job would be so stressful, everyone was nice, although not the characters Yixing was normally used to, but he was so nervous that he almost made it stressful for himself. Jongin had promised he would come by to see him, but as the day passed Yixing was worried his friend would never come, as it was practically coming to the end of his shift, although he kept him promise and turned up in the end. He had met Kyungsoo and Chanyeol, like said not the characters he was used to, as Kyungsoo was very shy and Chanyeol was happy and smiling like always, but controlled it a lot and if ever Yixing tripped or made a mistake, he was used to the latter laughing and then helping him, instead he just helped him. It was strange how Yixing almost wanted to get laughed at. 
    "Well, I'm waiting, or are you just gonna stand there?" Jongin asked, pouting like a grumpy old woman waiting upon bad service, and Yixing frantically nodded, tapping in the order and then looking back up, explaining, "That's £2.25, in or out?"
    "In."
    "Okay," and smiled, more of a genuine one than the one he was used to showing with the customers. Jongin was rustling through his wallet for the money until a voice come up from behind Yixing, "It's okay Yixing, since he's your friend and you've worked hard on your first day he can have it free," Yixing turned around to see Ryeowook, tired looking with plates stacked up in his arms as he was about to go take them to be washed up, but held a kind smile towards the younger. 
    "Really?" Ryeowook nodded and further explained, "Your shift is practically over now anyway, you can sign out and sit with him," and with Yixing's glorious smile he was gone through the door behind the counter and into the bustling kitchen. 
    Yixing turned back to smile at Jongin, cancelling the order and waving an arm to indicate the male could go sit down and wait for him. He made the americano easy, there had been a lot of requests for those because they seemed quite popular in SM, along with hot chocolates, so Yixing had grown quite used to making them. He left it to cool down sightly as he signed out and grabbed his coat, bowing and thanking everybody as he made his way back to the counter, grabbing the americano and grazing his line of sight over the many people in the cafe. He couldn't spot Jongin but decided to move out of Donghae's way as the male was now taking over the front till. Yixing squeezed from behind the counter and finally spot Jongin sitting lonesome on a table, and advanced, as he did so two figures entered the cafe. It was Baekhyun and Jongdae, and Yixing was almost by now used to seeing members and then acting as if he didn't know them (in order to look at least a bit normal) however as he tried to walk past them and towards Jongin, they actually turned to look at him. Did they know him? But he was supposed to be new around the area, or maybe...
    Maybe they were like Jongin and himself.
    When he felt their gazes on him, he decided to turn and face it, and while Jongdae walked up the counter normally, Baekhyun turned when Yixing decided to return his gaze. Yixing and Baekhyun were close, and so each of them could read the other quite well. 
    This was the real Baekhyun, Yixing was sure of it. 
    Baekhyun kept walking and looked like he was quietly scolded by Jongdae and so tore his gaze away from Yixing and walked alongside Jongdae. 
    Yixing couldn't believe it for a moment, that there was a strong possibility that Jongin and himself weren't the only ones, and yet he had never considered it before. Nonetheless he straightened himself up as he realised Jongin's order was probably ice more than anything and rushed over, Jongin's eyes flickering up to look at him as he sat down opposite, passing the americano.
    "Were you looking at Baekhyun and Jongdae?" He asked as he most obviously had seen the two enter as well, and bent down to start sipping from the americano which apparently wasn't as cold as Yixing had thought. Said male was glad he didn't have to explain about Baekhyun and Jongdae coming in as Jongin had noticed, although he most defiantly was going to explain the feeling he had, as he leaned forward slightly and half whispered over the table, "I was, and I think they're real..."
    Jongin looks up from his cup and puts it back down as Yixing returns back into his seat, looking at him with eager eyes, obviously interested in Yixing's new information.
    "Well you know how no one knows us?" Jongin nodded, leading Yixing to continue, "Well he turned to look at me, like he knew me, and I met eyes with him and I could just tell..."
    Jongin raises an eyebrow before he grabbed his drink once more and continued to take in it's warmth, looking like he was thinking carefully, in which Yixing awaited for an answer, until the male finished his americano (that was quick) and placed the cup down, finally stating his opinion, "I trust you and your instincts...but we still have to be careful, we can't just go to a random person here and go, 'do I know you?' Although, maybe in here Baekhyun is the key to getting us out?" Jongin suggested.
    Yixing had almost completely forgotten about 'getting out', since he had just required a job, it was starting to feel real, really real, and it even intimated Yixing slightly. Although he had a feeling he was already doing so, he hoped he wasn't getting used to the working class environment too much.
    Yixing shrugged into a combined sigh, looking down. Not that he hated Jongin or was getting bored of him, of course not, but he was really hoping Baekhyun and Jongdae were real. He missed his friends. Jongin leaned over the table and patted his friends shoulder, smiling as he did so, making Yixing lift his head as the younger said comfortingly, "Don't worry, hopefully they are real, just the two of us would be a bit bland wouldn't it?"
    Yixing was shocked that Jongin had read the part of his mind he had denied, exactly the wrong piece of him that he thought he was giving off to Jongin and watched as the latter stood up, chuckling slightly at Yixing's bewildered face.
    "N-no, I didn't mean that, I love being with you Jongin-"
    Said male stopped chuckling and looked down at Yixing seriously for a moment, almost...growing red, and Yixing realised what rubbish had come out of his mouth and that he had probably embarrassed the younger, and so he proceeded standing up in a hurry and trying to redeem himself. "Wait, no, I didn't mean that, y-you know, I meant..."
    Yixing sounded so stupid, while Jongin had finally grown another grin and walked over to him, patting him on the shoulder once more. When Yixing went to look up at him, he noticed how the red had gone. Strange, maybe he was just imagining it, although he defiantly didn't imagine the embarrassed look and still regretted his words. 
    Yixing really hoped Jongin didn't think he was...you know.
    "Let's just head back home, I think you're a bit tired to even know what you're saying," Jongin laughed, and Yixing half agreed. He knew very well what he was saying, he just didn't know why he was saying them. Sometimes Yixing was sure others knew him better than how he knew himself.


"Well done," Jongdae slapped Baekhyun's back with a grin, although the latter hardly grinned at all by the action and stumbled forward. Baekhyun was sure that Jongdae was missing the beagle line so much he was trying to replace the missing member at the moment (Chanyeol) because his actions were starting to strangely resemble the taller males. It was sort of relieving and sort of worrying for Baekhyun.
    After an intense battle of rock, paper, scissors the two had agreed that Baekhyun would be the one working while Jongdae would either make use of tidying up their small apartment or just lie on his backside all day while Baekhyun worked like the busy mother. They were just heading out the cafe now and Baekhyun found himself looking over towards where he was sure he had spotted Yixing. By then Baekhyun was almost used to acting like he didn't know people he surely did know, and although he didn't like it he just went with it because what else was there to do? However when he turned to look at Yixing, just a little bit because he missed his friend, he found the dancer returning his gaze. It was intense, not the stranger look or the 'why are you staring at me?' look. It was Yixing's eyes, and even if in Baekhyun's head he kept on saying, 'it's just you and Jongdae, it's just you and Jongdae' he couldn't help but notice that it had to be Yixing.
    Had to be.
    It just felt so real.
    However Yixing and Jongin were no longer sitting by that table, instead a young woman was cleaning the table. He almost stopped completely as he recognised the face, and slowly she lifted her head up and he took the opportunity to get a better look. He was right, it was Taeyeon. He felt his heart suddenly ache and scolded himself for forgetting his own girlfriend, of course she would be there, she was part of SM. Maybe that was another way for him to get back home; in the fairytales the prince would kiss the princess and she would wake up, maybe this time if the princess kissed the prince he would wake up. It was stupid, but an idea nevertheless.
    Within the midst of confusion and tiredness, Baekhyun wanted to walk over and hold her in his arms, and then everything would be normal. 
    But as she lifted her head, she locked eyes with him and smiled. It was a forced smile, and Baekhyun heard Jongdae protest and gently pull him away and out the door.


Jongdae felt weird. Like, really weird. They were heading back to the apartment and Baekhyun had successfully been granted he would get the job as soon as he and the cafe were ready. But before they left, Baekhyun walked like someone was dragging by his ankles, and once Jongdae turned around to see what exactly had captivated the male, he saw her. Taeyeon. He didn't know why, he should've been happy seeing the SNSD member, but instead he had mixed feelings when Baekhyun turned to look at her. He knew he should've felt sad for him more than anything; when you're stressed and confused, you probably would want your girlfriend to hold you and look after you, but he couldn't even have that, because she didn't know who he was. Jongdae felt slightly uncomfortable as they made their way back, like he somehow...didn't belong. He felt out of place for a second, then went back to normal.
    He just felt that way because of how intensely Baekhyun probably wanted to be with Taeyeon, and that made it feel like Jongdae was in the way. But he wasn't, so there was nothing to worry about.
    They had already made their way to the block of flats and Jongdae felt incredibly tired for some reason. Why was he feeling so many things at once? Why couldn't he just live the damn normal life, normally? 
    They started to make their way up the stairs, neither saying anything and Jongdae didn't dare mention at all about the Taeyeon incident, if it was to be described as an 'incident'. Slowly they made their way up, and even slower as the two males laid their eyes on something truly strange. At first it was strange, however once the situation slowly slipped in, the two did nothing but stop half way up and stare in shock, Jongdae begging for time to stop and the ground to swallow him all, and he wished the two could just slip past the commotion and hurry up the stairs that led them so closely their apartment.
    Why couldn't the damn normal life go normally?


 

 

 

Kekeke you thought that I'd say what it was didn't you?

I'm a bit busy at the moment, hence this chapter was late and I apologise *does formal bow* and then to make it worse, I end it with a cliffhanger! Honestly, you can all beat me up if you want to, you must be breaking down .o.  no super junior joke intended...okay maybe it was XD

However I wanted to end it with a cliffhanger because I want you guys to try and guess what the commotion is (so it's a bit like a game) and whoever get's the right answer, and/or closest answer to the actual situation get's a prize! (what am i doing ;-;) You can have a maximum of three guesses, go on, have a go, and also don't be afraid to bring in other members, especially the Chinese ones *wink wink*

Anyway, sorry for torturing you, and also I'm quite busy at the moment so I didn't proof-read this, sorry, but I shall go over it tomorrow when I have time, so rest assured, the bad grammer and spelling mistakes will be out of your life by tomorrow XD

Wuv you~