21: Jealousy

Heartsigh
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

21: JEALOUSY

“What did I do wrong?” Jungkook asked, stopping Seulgi from continuing along her way down the science lab corridors.  It had taken him a lot of courage to ask her that.  He wasn’t the type to be so confrontational but Jungkook felt like he had no other choice but to ask Seulgi directly. 

Apart from speaking during their history presentation, which they had aced together, Seulgi had been actively avoiding Jungkook at all costs.  Jungkook had obviously noticed this and wanted to fix things.  He assumed he had done something to offend her but he had no idea what it was.  Jimin had told him that instead of guessing about what the problem was, the best way was to find out from the source. 

“Nothing’s wrong Jungkook,” Seulgi answered calmly, trying to walk around him but Jungkook was persistent and stopped her from walking any further.

Even Jungkook knew that when a girl said that, it definitely meant the opposite.  And from what he knew of Seulgi, he knew it would be something serious for her to act like this.  And the fact that Seulgi’s textbook she was currently holding on to was damaged along the edges and creased in various spots did not go unnoticed by Jungkook.  

“If I did something to offend you, please tell me Seulgi.  Don’t act like this.   I can’t change if you don’t tell me what’s going on.  Is it because of the girls who keep harassing you when you talk to me?”

Although that was true and her locker had been trashed a fair few times this week, that was something she could handle and she wasn’t really troubled by it anymore.  She knew that the culprits were going to get sick of it once they realize she wasn’t reacting the way they wanted.

“You don’t need to change anything. I told you that nothing’s wrong.” 

Cold and distant, that was how she needed to act with Jungkook, even if it made her sound rude and unpleasant.  This was the best way forward.  She also wanted to find out more about this Yun vampire to make sure that he wasn’t going to hurt Jungkook.  Without letting Jungkook know, would be best.  He had no chance against a vampire.

“Well obviously something is wrong because you are acting weirdly.  I’m not going to let it go until you tell me Seulgi.” 

Jungkook looked determinedly at her as if trying to read her mind.  Seulgi was trying her best not to look at him but it was really hard to resist.  Plus, Jungkook just always had to smell so nice. 

“Can you at least look at me and not pretend like I’m invisible?”  Jungkook asked and Seulgi could not deny the hurt tone in his voice.  And in turn, it made her stomach churn uncomfortably.  She hated being like this. 

“Stop being so nice to me,” Seulgi finally taking the courage to look back at Jungkook.  It was definitely a mistake to do so.  If he looked angry or annoyed it would have been easier but instead he just looked generally confused and contemplative. 

“What?” Jungkook responded, his eyebrows bunching up in confusion. 

“You, being kind and thoughtful.  I don’t need that.  Actually it’s suffocating, how nice you are to me.”  Seulgi wasn’t used to being this rude.  She cringed internally at all the words she was saying. 

“I don’t understand what you are saying.  You don’t want me to be nice?  You want be to be a bad boy then?  Treat you badly so you’ll notice me?”  He asked jokingly.  Jungkook was actually finding it interesting to see a frustrated Seulgi.  It was the first time he had seen her like this.

But when Seulgi stared daggers back at him, he knew that this wasn’t the time for tea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter