04: Rooftop

Heartsigh
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

04: ROOFTOP

Seulgi decided that by ditching the “eat like a human at lunch” idea, she would be better off.  She had found the school roof was usually unoccupied and had decided to drink her ‘tomato juice’ up here uninterrupted.  She sat with her legs stretched out on the concrete ground of the roof floor.

She plugged in the old ipod she had and started listening to one of her favourite artists, Zion.T.  Seulgi loved how expressive his voice was.  The sorrow and sadness of his voice swept in with a hint of uncertainty always nudged at her heartstrings.  She wondered if she could really make it through high school without another incident because Seulgi was not the best at controlling her emotions and concealing her identity.  But listening to Zion.T always cheered Seulgi up and calmed her down. 

As she hummed along with the song, Seulgi didn’t realize that someone else had come up to the rooftop as well.  It was only when she heard the door slam shut suddenly from the force of the wind did she look up.

It was Jungkook from her class.  It was the boy who gave her bread for some strange reason.   He was holding a few storage boxes.  She guessed the teacher had asked him to do an errand.  She had learnt that he was the class representative.  Was that why he was keeping a close eye on her?

“Hi Seulgi,” he said as he passed by her to place the boxes down in a corner. 

Seulgi responded with a short, “Hi Jungkook” and returned to focus on her music.

“Is that Zion.T you are listening to?”  Jungkook asked.

Seulgi looked up to Jungkook who was staring down back at her.  His eyes were clear and bright.  It reminded Seulgi of how different her eyes were.  She was surprised that Jungkook knew what she was listening to.

“Yes, it’s one of my favourites to listen to,” she answered politely.

She didn’t understand why Jungkook was bothering with small talk with her.

“Same,” he answered.  “There’s always this sense of nostalgia with the way he sings, gets me every time.  He has a really soothing voice.”

“I know what you mean.  It’s like he’s reminiscing of the good times and of what

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter