07: Dodge

Heartsigh
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

07: DODGE

“Why is your face so red?”  Jimin asked Jungkook as he walked to sit in his seat beside his friend.  Jimin had been busy reading his comic but seeing a bright red Jungkook appear in front of him was much more interesting start to his morning.

“It’s nothing,” Jungkook answered as he took his books out of his bag.

“That’s being a habit, you saying that.  But I know you better than that.  Something’s definitely up,” Jimin said, squinting his eyes at Jungkook.  Jungkook looked around and knew that his classmates were also beginning to take notice of Jimin’s loud talking. 

“Let’s go outside to talk for a bit,” Jungkook said finally, pulling on Jimin’s school jumper and leading him to the door. 

On the way out the classroom door, Seulgi walked in, nodding politely to both Jimin and Jungkook and said, “Good morning.”  And then in a hurry, she went to sit down at her desk near the front of the classroom.

Jungkook mumbled a “hi’ back while Jimin brightly greeted Seulgi before following Jungkook out.  Once they were out of the school building, Jungkook explained what happened in the morning with Seulgi.  He wasn’t planning on telling anyone but he knew he wouldn’t be able to get past Jimin and he wanted his opinion on the matter anyway.

Jimin had listened to Jungkook without a word or any teasing.  He did notice however how awfully stressed Jungkook was looking which was strange because Jungkook was always calm, usually overly so. 

“Maybe she just has a strange sleeping habit.  If she woke up as shocked as you, she probably didn’t realize what she was doing,” Jimin suggested.  “And stop pacing will you.”

What Jimin said made sense, so Jungkook was a bit more relieved.  However, when he had recounted the story to Jimin he left out the bit about how fast his heart was racing.

“I think you’re lucky,” Jimin said, his mischievous smile back on.  “How often does Jeon Jungkook get kissed by a girl?”

Jimin had always wondered when the day would come.  Jungkook was a popular guy and got confessions on a very regular basis.  But he would reject them, politely and coolly.  Girls never fazed Jungkook.  But this new girl, Seulgi was different.  She had managed to get Jungkook all flustered and bothered.   Jimin could not wait to tell Irene about this.

“You’re not helping Jimin,” Jungkook said, an aggravated expression on his face. 

“Just act like normal.  If you act weirdly, it would probably make her more embarrassed,” Jimin answered.

- - -

The first class of the day was P.E.  Everyone had changed into the white sports t-shirt with grey sweats.  Seulgi tried to keep as far away from Jungkook and Jimin as possible as everyone gathered in the gym to start the class. 

Seulgi had panicked the moment she realized she almost bit into Jungkook’s neck. 

For one, she didn’t even know if Jungkook had realized her true identity and would he then expose it to everyone else.  And secondly, human’s blood were off limits for vampires.  It was taboo.  If she had drunk his blood, she didn’t know what would happen or what kind of monster she would become.

Her parents had always warned her about the dangers of human blood and how it m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter