03: Melonpan

Heartsigh
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

03: MELONPAN

Jungkook realized pretty soon that Seulgi was not going to come back and finish her lunch.  Jimin looked at the empty seat, which Seulgi had left with a sigh.  “Did we scare her away? I blame it on your unfriendliness Kookie!”

Jungkook knew that Jimin was just being dramatic and said calmly, “She didn’t look too well.  The food probably just made her feel worse.”

“But from what?”

The scene this morning popped into Jungkook’s mind.  Was she still shocked about this morning’s incident?  Jungkook had thought she took the occurrence much too coolly.  Jungkook had seen vampires before so he was used to seeing such sights but maybe for Seulgi, this was something too much for her to handle.

“I’m going to buy some bread,” Jungkook suddenly announced, standing up and taking his empty lunch tray back to the front of the cafeteria.  Jimin followed behind with a knowing smile but didn’t say anything more.

As Jungkook and Jimin arrived back at their homeroom, Jungkook’s eyes automatically glided over to where Seulgi was sitting, in the second row right near the window.  She was staring aimlessly outside, the sunlight from outside shone on her clear skin, not paying any attention to the chatter going on around the classroom.  Her complexion was a lot brighter than before and Jungkook swear he saw her lips slightly turn up in a tiny smile. 

He walked over to her desk and although this drew the attention of all his other classmates, he ignored the stares and placed the ‘melonpan’ bread, which was covered in a neat clear plastic covering on her desk.

Seulgi who had only just realized that the classroom had gone quiet, turned her attention to the bread, which now was on her desk and then to the person who had stood beside her. 

Jungkook realized she was staring at him which a questioning yet curious look on her face, so he quickly said, “You didn’t finish your lunch.  You can eat this if you’re still hungry.”

And just as quickly, he walked back to his own desk before Seulgi could answer or respond to him. 

It was now he was wondering why on earth did he buy bread for this girl?  They weren’t even close friends.  Jimin had slipped his arm over his shoulders and said, “You’re such a cutie.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter