05: Whispers

Heartsigh
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

05: WHISPERS

Seulgi looked across the table where Jungkook was sitting, his gaze solely focused on his food.  She had found it hard to refuse Jungkook’s offer from when they were at the rooftop before, especially when he looked at her with his large and mysterious deep brown eyes.   So Seulgi found herself awkwardly sitting down in the cafeteria watching Jungkook eat his lunch.

Seulgi could hear people from the other tables whispering about her.  It was something unavoidable for her because vampires had exceptional hearing, not that the girls on the other tables were whispering that quietly.

They were curious as to why Jungkook was sitting with her.  It was different from the day that Jungkook and Jimin had sat down to eat with her.  Maybe because it was just her and Jungkook, people’s imagination were going crazy. 

Is the new girl dating Jungkook??

How dare she, Jungkook is on a completely different level to her!

I wonder how she managed to seduce him?

Seulgi rolled her eyes at the accusations and concentrated instead on Jungkook’s lunch.  She wondered to herself what it would feel like to eat beef and rice deliciously.  Vampires only had one food source and that was blood and more blood.  She envied humans who had such a wide variety of foods to choose from. 

Jungkook seemed to have noticed that Seulgi was staring at him and looked up, his curious eyes on hers.

“Are you sure you don’t want to eat anything?”  He asked and added cheekily.  “You seem to be staring at my lunch pretty intently.”

“I’m fine,” she answered and then hesitantly asked,  “But are you ok with associating with someone like me?” 

Seulgi was ok with the comments and insults that was something she was used to.  As long as no one knew her secret, she didn’t care what they spat at her.  But she felt uncomfortable that she was dragging someone else down.

He raised an eyebrow at her question and looked past her at the many eyes that were staring at them.  Jungkook was used to this type of unwanted attention.  He didn’t care about it anymore.  If he had to worry about what everyone thought, he would had no time for his own t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter