26: Choices

Heartsigh
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

26: CHOICES

Jungkook was giddy with excitement and he had to pinch himself to make sure that this was actually happening. It had been so obvious, now that he thought about it, but it wasn’t until Seulgi unintentionally blurted out her feelings at Jimin’s backyard that Jungkook realised himself that he wanted Seulgi by his side all the time because he had always liked her. But now that he knew, now that he told her, now that she was willing to spend time with him. He was going to show her that he really meant it.

He had never known the source of all his frustration until Seulgi accidentally blurted her own feelings out to him. From that moment on, it was as clear as day to him, why he was always irritated that Seulgi was ignoring him and why he didn’t like it when she could talk so freely to Jin and not to him.

 

Seulgi decided to forget that she was a vampire for a while, that it was ok for her just be a girl going out on a date with a boy she liked. She watched while Jungkook grabbed the tickets to the latest blockbuster “Train to Busan” which he insisted to pay for, so Seulgi decided to treat him to popcorn.

 

It was a Saturday afternoon, so the cinema was fairly packed with a lot of parents taking out their kids as well as other couples on dates. Seulgi was b with a nervous and buzzing feeling through her body. It was hard to focus on the movie when she could hear Jungkook’s humming heartbeat beside her. And it was hard to believe that it was because of her. When she did sneak a bit at him, he had turned his head towards her as well and whispered, bright-eyed and hopeful, “Are you enjoying the movie?”

 

Seulgi smiled and nodded and quickly turned back towards the movie screen, trying to keep calm like she wasn’t being hit in full force with his bright eyes and gleaming smile. It was amazing she could even concentrate on the movie at all.

 

Once the movie was finished, they decided to sit outside on the benches within the small garden area outside the department store.

 

“Did you like the movie?” Jungkook asked.

 

Seulgi nodded but then said, “But I think you enjoyed it more than me though.”

 

Then, a silence swept between them and Seulgi could sense Jungkook fidgeting next to him.

 

“I’m bad at this.” Jungkook gestured shyly between Seulgi and himself. When Seulgi looked at him strangely, he quickly clarified, “I mean communicating with people. People always get the wrong impression. I’m not as perfect as people think I am. I don’t want them to, but they always put me on a pedestal I never wanted to have.”

 

Seulgi noticed how lonely Jungkook looked at that moment. And maybe they weren’t as different to each other as Seulgi had thought. Seulgi had been always envious at how friendly and popular Jungkook was with his classmates, but to know the other side and how Jungkook felt, it made her think that there was so much to Jungkook she wanted to discover and learn about.

 

“But you have Jimin by your side… and Irene.”

 

She had paused before saying Irene’s name because it felt awkward to mention her. Jungkook noticed it as well but instead steered the conversation to dissipate the awkwardness. “She’s a good friend of mine but that’s all. I don’t see her as anything but a friend. You have nothing to worry about.”

 

“I’m not worrying!” Seulgi suddenly burst out. But when she realised Jungkook chuckling beside her, she then said, “I just- “

 

But before she could finish, Jungkook had reached out, gently wrapped his hand around her head to bring her closer and placed a kiss on her cheek. Technically, Seulgi had seen it coming but she still had been too surprised to move. Jungkook smiled cheekily back at her, “I can’t help it when you act this cute.”

 

“How is that cute?” Seulgi pouted. “I didn’t know you were going to do that.”

 

Jungkook’s expression immediately changed and he looked remorseful. “Sorry, tell me if I’m doing something that you don’t like.”

 

Seulgi hadn’t meant it like that and was concerned she had hurt his feelings. “No, I didn’t mean that…”

 

Jungkook smiled at Seulgi, a hand still over hers as he said, “Usually I don’t care what other people think, but if its you, I do.”

 

Seulgi didn’t think any words could impact her that much but obviously they could.

 

“Thank you.” She reached out this time, a nervous hand on Jungkook’s cheek as she kissed him gently on the lips. Seulgi wanted to convey how grateful she was for someone like Jungkook and she didn’t know how to say it in words. She hoped that he knew how much it meant to her. Seulgi could feel Jungkook’s smile on the kiss and she wished that she were able to freeze time at this moment.

 

“If I tell you this everyday, will you give me a kiss every time?” Jungkook asked brightly when they broke apart.

 

Seulgi blushed. “You don’t know how much your words mean to me Jungkook. You think you’re bad at communicating but still I think you’re at lot better than me.”

 

Jungkook quickly jumped in with another question, “So the girls at school, are they or aren’t they pushing your buttons? I know that sometimes the girls at school give you a hard time because of me.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter