20: Reality

Heartsigh
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

20: REALITY

Seulgi couldn’t believe it.  Jungkook had told her that her mother had passed away.  But that fact that a vampire murdered her, she couldn’t really believe it.

Seulgi was so shocked, all the feeling left her legs and she found herself on the floor.  Jungkook was being so nice to a vampire without realizing it when he lost his mother to one.  Seulgi realized that she had been so naïve to believe that she and Jungkook could be friends. 

At this moment, Jungkook had finished his conversation with Yoongi and opened the door to see Seulgi on the floor.  He immediately ran to her and asked, “Are you ok?  Why are you on the floor?”

Seulgi tried to push Jungkook’s hand away, which was trying to support her as she stood up away. 

“I’m fine.”  Seulgi couldn’t look in Jungkook’s eyes.  She felt like the guilt would eat her up even more.

Yoongi also came out and said, “Ok children.  Time for you to scram from this place.”

Jungkook just gave him a pointed look.  But as they were leaving, Yoongi pulled Seulgi aside and whispered in her ear, “I told the human boy that Yun is dead so he doesn’t chase after him like a piece of bait on a fishing line.  But I’m telling you because you are a fellow vampire, Yun is alive and he might go after Jungkook.  I don’t have his current whereabouts though.  So keep an eye out for Jungkook.”

Seulgi looked back at Yoongi stunned at this new piece of information and the fact that Yoongi decided to tell her.  Seulgi wanted to ask him more, like why was this Yun going after Jungkook?  But Yoongi pushed her through the door and said warningly, “Bye Seulgi.  It is best both you and Jungkook don’t show faces here anymore.”

Jungkook who had noticed that Yoongi had whispered something to Seulgi, asked, “What did he say to you?”

Out of the corner of her eye, Seulgi could spot her gang of fellow vampires peering down at her from the rooftop opposite Yoongi’s shop.  V was waving excitedly at her, Namjoon seemed to be holding Jin back while Jin’s expression was unreadable.  She nodded towards them to tell them that she was going to be ok and continued walking with Jungkook.  She knew she was going to get a grilling from them all later on for her recklessness earlier.

“He was just… warning me that girls shouldn’t be coming to places like this,” Seulgi lied.  She hated how smooth she was able to say these lies.

But Jungkook had taken it at face level and didn’t ask further.  Instead, he was more interested in why Seulgi was in this part of town. 

“Why were you in this part of town Seulgi?” Jungkook asked.  “I don’t like that Yoongi guy, but he’s right.  You shouldn’t come to places like this.”

Seulgi always liked looking back into Jungkook’s mesmerizing eyes as he spoke but she avoided his gaze still and said vaguely, “I just happened to be wandering around.  Why were you there?”

Jungkook wouldn’t k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter