10: Partners

Heartsigh
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

10: PARTNERS

The history teacher, Mrs. Lee, a plump middle-aged lady looked towards Seulgi and Jungkook who had just entered the class.  The history teacher was already setting a group assignment for the class and the class had already divided into pairs to work on the project. 

“Jungkook, Seulgi, good timing, I’ve just got everyone started on the history project.  You guys can work together,” Mrs. Lee said as she handed them both the assignment sheet each.  She then went on to explain that they needed to research a prominent historical figure and do a joint presentation to the class to the rest of the class in three weeks.

As Jungkook and Seulgi sat down around a desk with their historical textbooks to pick and work out who would work on which sections, Jimin came over to Seulgi.

“I heard what happened Seulgi.  Are you alright?”  Jimin asked, taking both of her hands in his.  Jimin’s hands were very warm compared to Seulgi’s cold clammy hands.

Seulgi nodded.  To be honest, all this concern from Jungkook and Jimin she was not used to.  She wasn’t sure how she was supposed to react.  All she could do was thank them for their concern and she smile gratefully back at Jimin.

“If you need help with anything, just let me know,” Jimin said and he returned to his own seat to work on the project with his own partner.

“Can I ask you a question?” Jungkook had stopped reading through the historical textbook and looked across the table at Seulgi, his expression unreadable.

Seulgi looked up.  “Yes?”

“Did you have any trouble with Irene?” He asked cautiously.  “I hope it wasn’t because her that you fainted…”

Seulgi couldn’t really say that it was Irene who delayed her from drinking blood and caused her to faint.  It wasn’t like she was doing it on purpose. 

“No, it’s nothing to do with Irene,” She answered quickly.

“Are you sure?” Jungkook had raised an eyebrow and those dark brown eyes of his stared deep into hers.  Seulgi almost felt like Jungkook could see through her lies.  But there was no way Jungkook would know, Seulgi reassured herself.

“She can come across a bit pushy at times but she’s a nice person.  If you’re having trouble with her, you can always tell me.  I can tell her off for you,” He said.

“You guys seem close, have you know each other for long time?” Seulgi commented, envious that Jungkook had close friends like Irene and Jimin.

“We’ve known each other since primary school,” Jungkook answered.  Strangely, Jungkook was happy that Seulgi was asking questions like this.

“You seem to be pretty close with Jin,” Jungkook commented on casually.   “Have you guys met before?”

“I’m not too sure actually.  He says we’ve met before but I don’t remember where…” Seulgi sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter