19: Prejudice

Heartsigh
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

19: PREJUDICE

As Seulgi left the room she had been speaking to Yoongi in, Jungkook had immediately jumped off the couch to greet her.  His dark brown pupils were wide open as he examined her as if he was checking for any injury to her body.

 

“Are you alright?  He didn’t do anything weird, did he?”  

 

But the look of concern on Jungkook’s face just made Seulgi feel hundred times worse about the fact that she was hiding her identity as a vampire.  And she could almost understand the strange look that Yoongi was giving her before.  

 

Yoongi didn’t seem to mean any harm but she couldn’t figure out what kind of vampire he was or what his motives were.  She still needed to be on her toes.

 

“I’m fine.  He wants to talk to you now.”  Seulgi put on her most reassuring smile for Jungkook who seemed like he was struggling at whether or not to leave now or stay to get the answers he needed.  Seulgi wanted to leave with Jungkook immediately but she could sense that there was something he wanted to find out.  “I’ll wait for you here.”

 

Jungkook nodded.  “I’ll be as fast as I can so we can get out of here quickly.”

 

Yoongi had patiently waited, resting comfortably on his armchair when Jungkook walked in and closed the door behind him, his eyes full of determination and resolve.

 

“I’m not your enemy.  There is no need to look so scarily at me,” Yoongi said.  “I never got your name...”

 

“Jungkook,” He answered as he sat down on the couch which Seulgi was sitted previously.  

 

“I’m Yoongi.  Now that introductions are over, could you please tell me what you are doing in my side of town?” Yoongi asked. “Make it short, I don’t have much patience for long sob stories.”

 

Jungkook had taken a chance to better observe Yoongi in the light of the room, since his face was hidden before in the shadows of the light in the alleyway.  The vampire was ghostly white and had messy jet black hair.  But if Jungkook passed him through the streets, he wouldn’t have been able to spot him as a vampire.  

 

And that thought scared and angered him.  Because it made him think that he could have possibly come across his mother’s murderer before and was none the wiser.  

 

“My mother was killed by a vampire called Yun.  I’m trying to track him down,” Jungkook said in one breath, staring back at Yoongi icily.  
 

Yoongi took this new information in and for once decided that he wasn’t going to play with the poor boy.  “Where did you get the name Yun from?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter