24: Take a Chance

Heartsigh
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

24: TAKE A CHANCE

Her lips were as soft as Jungkook imagined them.  But the fact that Seulgi was moving her lips firmly against his, that was something he never imagined would be possible.  His heart was going to explode from all the simulation.  He thought he was going to have an uphill battle to win Seulgi over but to find out that she liked him.  He was almost sure that this must be a dream. 

But as he was savouring the kiss between Seulgi and himself when he could feel wetness on his cheeks.  He broke apart from Seulgi, her well-kissed lips and noticed that it was her tears that had brushed against his cheeks.  His heart dropped instantly.

“What’s wrong?” He asked breathlessly, concerned that he had done something to upset her. 

Seulgi had looked back up and stared for a long moment into Jungkook’s eyes.  And Jungkook realised how just breathtaking she was at this close proximity.  But it was a sight he hated to see, her eyes shimmering with her tears.  He unconsciously brought his hands to wipe underneath her eyes.  It seemed like Seulgi had just realised that she was crying herself, only noticing Jungkook’s slightly wet cheeks and Jungkook wiping her eyes.

“I’m not too sure why I’m crying either.  Sorry.”  Seulgi quickly brought her own hands to wipe her tears away.  “It’s not your fault.”

Jungkook didn’t know why but knowing that Seulgi liked him made him so much bolder.  He moved forward to press his forehead against hers.

“Tell me, what’s on your mind at the moment?” 

He could never read Seulgi.  To him, she was still like a black box, impossible to read, impossible to decipher.

“I feel like I’m in a dream.  And I’m scared to wake up,” she said shyly, since Jungkook had decided that this was a comfortable position to be in, their foreheads together, his hand resting around the nape of her neck, it gently.

Jungkook smiled with a happiness he hadn’t felt for such a long time.  He felt the same.  But he also felt so much relief.  He didn’t know why he had been so frustrated and why he kept having all these pent-up feelings.  To be able to know what it all meant, it made everything else feel like a piece of cake.

“And can you tell me why you have been ignoring me all this time?” He asked.  He wondered if he was being too eager but he just wanted to know so much. He waited with bated breath as Seulgi took in his question.

It was after a moment’s silence that Seulgi finally answered.  “I didn’t think that us being close was a good idea.” 

What did that mean?  Jungkook wanted to know more but it was at this moment, reality decided to drop in and give them a call in the form of Park Jimin.  Jungkook couldn’t ignore his phone ringing relentlessly in the pack of his jeans pocket, so he reluctantly took it out and answered it.

“Hi Jimin.”

“Jungkook!  Where the hell are you and Seulgi?” Jimin exclaimed through the phone, his frustration very evident.  Jungkook felt bad but he was planning to properly explain everything later to Jimin.

“Are the crazy girls still around?”  He asked instead.

“Nope, we got rid of them.  Well actually Irene got rid of them for me.  So where are you hiding?  I didn’t see you in the room we set up earlier.”

Jimin’s voice was quite loud through the speaker of the phone so Jungkook hoped that that Seulgi couldn’t hear Jimin’s end of the conversation.  Unfortunately and unknown to Jungkook, Seulgi could because it was hard for even the smallest noises to escape a vampire’s pair of ears.

She had looked questioningly at Jungkook mention of a room but didn’t say anything. 

“We ended up hiding in the backyard instead.”

“We as in you and Seulgi?  Oh…oh oh ok, I won’t annoy you anymore then. Bye.” Jimin immediately ended the conservation but Jungkook did not lose the suggestive tone in Jimin’s tone.  He sighed but refocused his attention on Se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter