27: Commit

Heartsigh
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

27: COMMIT

 

Jungkook had walked Seulgi to her house from the bus stop but as they got closer, Seulgi could see a familiar figure standing at her house entrance. And the worse possible scenario was about to hit her in full force. And she had no way of stopping it.

 

“Jin?” Seulgi called and the figure turned around to see Seulgi and Jungkook hand in hand. The look, which Jin gave Seulgi as he looked to her and then to Jungkook, made her feel like a ton of bricks, had crushed her heart. It was the look of hurt, betrayal and disgust. It was the one that clearly said to her, how could you?

 

Jin, who had been about to ring Seulgi’s house doorbell, observed the scene in front of him in disbelief. “It looks like I’ve interrupted something. I guess I’ll be going now.” Jin said coldly, before beginning to walk away.

 

But Seulgi let go of Jungkook’s hand gently and called out urgently to Jin, “Jin, let’s talk please.”

 

“You don’t have to explain anything Seulgi. I can see it plain as day.” Jin said, avoiding her gaze completely while he stared coolly straight at Jungkook.

 

“Jin, can you just listen to me for a moment?” Seulgi asked again, more firmly.

 

Jungkook who had stood quietly at this exchange, didn’t like how Jin was treating Seulgi and interrupted, “If you have a problem with me, don’t take it out on Seulgi.”

 

But Jin ignored him and said to Seulgi sarcastically, “Ok, I’m listening. Please, do tell me the good news.”

 

Seulgi knew that she wasn’t able to explain anything with Jungkook present with them and Jin knew that as well. He was mocking her, but she knew that he was doing that because he was upset. She just needed time to calm him down.

 

“Jungkook, can you give me and Jin some time to talk?” Seulgi looked towards Jungkook now, her voice soft and calm. “I’ll see you at school.”

 

Jungkook looked between Seulgi and to Jin. She didn’t want to leave Seulgi with Jin but he knew they were close and this was something he had to let Seulgi to sort out, even if he wasn’t sure why Jin was upset at her. “Ok, I’ll see you at school.”

 

“Thanks,” Seulgi whispered as Jungkook took his leave, but not without giving Jin a hard look.

 

Once Jungkook was out of sight. Seulgi took her house keys out and opened the door and said, “Come on Jin. Let’s go inside and talk properly. I don’t want to leave things like this.”

 

Jin scoffed but stepped inside anyways. But the moment he entered the house, he was suddenly overwhelmed by a lady’s hug. Seulgi, who was just closing the door behind them, saw her mother hugging Jin and quickly exclaimed, “Um… mum, what are you doing to Jin?”

 

Seulgi was sure this was the first time that Jin had ever met her mother so she was confused as to why she was acting this way. But her mum ignored her and instead addressed Jin instead, “I’ve been wondering where you went all this time. I knew it was you the moment you walked through the door. How horrible you must have felt by yourself.”

 

Her mother had released Jin from her bear hug and Seulgi could see that her mother was breaking down into tears. It was unusual since her mother was usually very calm and in control of her emotions.

 

“Jin’s mother was one of my good friends. I’m sorry it had to end that way with the both of them.”

 

Jin didn’t say anything, but let her comfort him. Seulgi stood confused at her mother’s words and Jin’s lack of reaction.

 

Once her mother had settled down, she looked to Seulgi with a bittersweet smile, “It’s such a pity you guys had to meet again under such circumstances.”

 

Seulgi had always thought that Jin was lying when he said they had met before. But seeing how her mother knew him and her words just now, she realized maybe they had met, she just couldn’t pin point where.

 

Sensing her daughter’s puzzled look, Seulgi’s mother sai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter