Bold and Brave and Brazen.

EXO SERIES: Romanticizing Park Chanyeol [PLEASE DO NOT TRANSLATE/PLAGIARIZE]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[A/N: First update for 2017. Enjoy because it's a long chapter! ]

Optional BGM is JYJ's Backseat. 

Brilliant. 

Her idea of a quiet night in her apartment was ruined when she was tasked to deliver the Pepero contract to Park Chanyeol's place. Everything was ready in her apartment- the documentary she was about to watch, the Ethiopian blend coffee she just brewed, and the cozy sofa she was about to lounge on. Anyway, work was work. Nobody was available to deliver the documents, and so she took the task. 

And even more brilliant.

She had parked outside Chanyeol's apartment building for a good five minutes or so, but luck was not on Ah Reum's side. Her car got towed. She stood in disbelief. Notwithstanding the snow and the frigid Seoul weather, she concerned herself with a more important matter.

Her report!

She glanced at her black Seiko watch. It was eleven fifteen. There was not a lot of time. She needed to edit a small part in her report. She could take the cab, but booking a cab would take ten minutes, and the ride home would be another twenty five. 

There was no choice. Swallowing every inch of her pride, Ah Reum knocked on Chanyeol's door, and look, he welcomed her- without a shirt on.

She won't deny it. The minute she stepped inside his apartment, memories from five or six months ago came back. The leather scent of the sofa, the distinct smell of strong alcohol and cigarettes- all of it was Chanyeol's scent. On top of that, the place was warm, as if it was not winter. Her eyes landed on the couch where they used to uhm, well, yeah, and unwelcomed thoughts paved in. It did not help that Chanyeol was half- with only loose jogging pants on.

"Sit anywhere you want and work on that report." She heard Chanyeol say from the kitchen. 

The snow that fell on her had melted, so that's right, Ah Reum was freezing in her black winter coat. Underneath the winter coat was her trusty navy blue two piece business suit and white button down shirt which was probably see through now. 

Minutes later, the aroma of coffee hit her nose. It was one of her favorites- Kenyan roast with citrus notes. She looked up at Chanyeol only to find him looking at her with arms folded across his chest. He had his brows furrowed and went to his room without saying a word.

The coffee was delicious to the point that it was addicting. Safe to say that the citrus aftertaste was luring Ah Reum to drink more. Her mind seemed to be working twice as fast, and in record time, she submitted that difficult report before the clock struck twelve.

Chanyeol emerged from his room, still without his shirt on. "Thank you Chanyeol. I do apologize for the trouble. I need to go now." 

The man sighed a frustrated sigh. "Or you could dry yourself first 'cause you're one second away from becoming a snowman. My bad, I meant snowwoman." He said, tossing her his black sweatshirt and basketball shorts. 

Ah Reum looked down in embarassment. She was definitely being bothersome to Chanyeol, yet he was cool about it. In fact, he was hospitable enough to give her coffee and even lend her some dry clothes. He was quite a decent person after all. Quite.

Whatever possessed her to use the shower was clearly foolish, but there you have it. Ah Reum had taken a shower and changed into Chanyeol's clothes. To say that her insides did not squirm was a lie. She checked herself in the mirror and fidgeted upon realizing that she was in Chanyeol's clothes. 

"Oh." was what Chanyeol said when he saw her. He carried a bored, uninterested tone as he continued browsing his mobile phone. Surely, Ah Reum felt awkward standing in front of Chanyeol's sofa.

Was it time to leave? Will she say her thank you now?

She decided it was best to look him into the eyes and ignore the toned chest he had. "Again, thank you for the coffee and for the clothes. I must pay you back and return the clothes soon. I should probably leave."

Chanyeol his stomach and lightly placed a finger on his lips. The little action had Ah Reum's stomach churning for some reason. "It's one a.m. The nearest bus stop is a fifteen minute walk from here. And I don't trust taxi cab drivers at this hour. So can I drive you home instead?"

He made a point, and the offer was tempting. However, it sounded so off-the idea of Chanyeol driving her home, and ah! He had an injury on his right hand from tripping the other day. There was no way he would send her home. His hand could get worse! Nopity, nope.

Without hesitation, Ah Reum got on her knees in front of Chanyeol and examined his bandage. Indeed, being a former medical student had its perks. 

"Hey- uh oh, what are you doing?" was Chanyeol's surprised reply. In that moment, his breathing seemed to be in a halt. Ah Reum did not answer. She wanted to take a breath, but realizing her closeness to the man had stuck in a slump. Her next move was hold his right hand and rearrange Chanyeol's bandage with utmost care and gentleness. She hated seeing people hurt and injured, and it was the same for the animals she loved so much.

"Ah Reum." He called her. She did not look up. They were a little too close. She continued fixing his bandage, yet, the next words that Chanyeol uttered made her body tense.

"Do you want to stay over?" 

Did she want to stay over? Please, think straight. She'd been intimate with Ji Hoon, she shouldn't think twice. No was the answer, but she made a mistake when her eyes met Chanyeol's. Darn. Not those puppy eyes- not those pitiful, alluring eyes. It's funny how Chanyeol's eyes can be intense one day then soft the next. 

She can resist this.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter