Invitation

EXO SERIES: Romanticizing Park Chanyeol [PLEASE DO NOT TRANSLATE/PLAGIARIZE]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

/Internally sobbing because you guys are commenting more! Which means, there's more inspiration for me to write. And this fic has 123 votes? Uhm? Thank you? x2!!  Thanks everyone! VERY long chapter ahead because you guys deserve it!

Her eyes opened in a flash. Fever gone, finally. Without even checking the bedside clock, Ah Reum was certain it was six in the morning, which meant, three hours before another grueling day at work. 

It was unusually stuffy inside her bedroom- 

Oh right. Somebody was snoring beside her. She wondered whether it was time to wake Chanyeol up, but her little girlish side seemed to dominate.

It wouldn't hurt to take a peek at his glorious sleeping face, right?

Ah Reum twisted her body slightly to face sleeping Park Chanyeol. This was real, raw Chanyeol. Being a lover of fine details, Ah Reum grabbed another five seconds of her life to take note of Chanyeol's bare face.

Their were imperfections, and there were a lot of them. Tiny pimple scars were scattered on the right side of his cheeks, small blemishes near his temples, harsh shave burns on his philtrum, slightly red nose, and some drool while sleeping.

Yet..

This was the Chanyeol Ah Reum preferred. Because this Chanyeol seemed like Chanyeol's childhood, before the hardships of celebrity life. 

And this Chanyeol was a your usual twenty-four year old guy, sleeping through problems of adult life, yet to be aware of the day. 

Little did she know, her right hand was already making its way to the outlines of his face. Ah Reum prevented herself from doing so before things got weird. Bed friends did not trace each other's faces, bed friends did not cuddle in the morning, so nope.

And besides, Ah Reum was growing wary of Chanyeol. Any second, any minute, any day from now, he could cancel the bed friend arrangement. 

Paranoia, Ah Reum?

Paranoia was out of the question. Based on Chanyeol's recent actions, Ah Reum could feel; she was going to be one of those bed friends whom Chanyeol suddenly cut ties with. How so, you ask?

Chanyeol had told her several times that once bed friends became too comfortable with him, he'd either terminate the four month contract or lousily get it over with. He never understood why former bed friends expected him to romance them. Exclusive dating was a huge no in the set-up, according to Mr. Park Chanyeol himself.

By the looks of it,  Ah Reum was starting her route to the too-comfortable zone, and darn, she acted like a vulnerable teenager last night when she was sick. Stupid decisions and stupid moves were uncalled for in this situation. 

Ah Reum cringed at the memory of allowing Chanyeol to hold her and nurse her last night when she was sick. 

She unconsciously talked aloud. "Must regain composure. Must regain-"

"Ah Reum-" The expected bedroom voice from Chanyeol was heard. If he called her name like that again, Ah Reum might just pounce on him, but primal acts and Ah Reum did not go well together.

"It's early. The only thing you need to regain is energy." Chanyeol muttered under his pillow, with a breathy, raspy tone. Hnnnnng. Can we record that voice?

Ah Reum was stubborn. She still got up from the bed and disregarded his words.

"Get back in here, Ah Reum?" Oh there you go, the invitation was sent, and it sounded like it came from half a whiny child and half a seductive man.

She raised an eyebrow. Ah Reum did not get people sometimes. Chanyeol was one of them. He was the one who hated bed friends being comfortable with him, but will you look at how he's acting? Inviting her to lie on the bed with him? The hell was that?

"I will have to decline. You have to be in SM at eight thirty for your recording with Kyungsoo. May I suggest you to go home now so you have time to prepare for the recording?" 

That was it. Be strong. Resist comfort.

Chanyeol got up in an instant, pushing Ah Reum to the bathroom. "Or maybe we could shower together to save time, right Miss Moon?"

Ah Reum mentally pat herself in the back for maintaining a stoned face despite the second invitation of the day. She had never tried it- being with Chanyeol in the showers. The idea of it blossomed in her mind, yet pride was at stake.

"No. The bathroom is a clean place. Please collect your things now and lock the door when you leave. Thank you very much."

Well, that was offensive. Chanyeol did not comprehend women. Her mother, her sister Yura, other bed friends, and most especially, Ah Reum.

How could she throw him out when he was so compassionate to her the night before? That woman was unbelievable. Last night, she was all, "I trust you." "Thank you.", but this morning, she was all "I have the Great Wall of China between the two of us."

Seriously, she mumbled her favorite "Lock the door when you leave." He did not get the cold treatment! Not at all!

Actually, he did. Yup, one hundred percent, he knew why she was being like that- distant and frigid. Simply put, Ah

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter