Target Locked

Target Locked


“Gui Gui!” Aaron said excitedly as he ran and hug her from behind.

She didn't say anything nor did she turn around to face him.

“I miss you so much! It's been so many days since I’ve last saw you” he said hugging her tighter.

“Gui Gui” Aaron said as he calms down from his excitement. “Are you not happy to see me? Why aren't you saying anything?”

“Let's break up” Aaron heard Gui Gui said.

“Why?~ Didn't you say~”

Gui Gui moves his arms away from her.

“We can't be together” she said still not turning around to face him. “This is goodbye” Gui Gui said and walks away from him.

“Gui Gui” Aaron calls her as his voice began to tremble. “Gui Gui” he said as his heart began to feel pressured. “Gui Gui!!!!” he yells angrily as tears ran down his face, but never once, did she turns around to look at him.

“Gui Gui!” Aaron yells as he opens his eyes and sat up in his bed. He felt his heart racing and heard his heavy breaths in the bright room lighted by the sunrise.

He squints from the bright light and lay back down on the bed. He opens his eyes widely after they adjusted to the light.

“How many days has it been? How long are you going to make me wait?” Aaron said as he looks up at the ceiling.

He sat back up and got out of bed.

~

“Where are we going today?” Ya Tou ask Gui Gui as they sat in the car.

“I have something that I need to take care of, sorry for making you come with me.”

“Not at all” Ya Tou said with a smile.

After a while the car stopped.

“Where is this? Who's house is this?” Ya Tou ask as they got out. She saw Gui Gui smile and turns around to see George standing by the gates.

He welcomed them in and seated them in the living room.

“Would you two like something to drink?” he ask them.

“Water please” Gui Gui said to him.

“Me too” Ya Tou said.

“Okay, I’ll be right back” he said and walks to the kitchen.

“Are you sure I can be here?” Ya Tou whispers to Gui Gui as soon as George left the room.

“Of course, it's not like you don't know what we're going to talk about” Gui Gui told her.

“Here” George said as he came back with two glass of water in his hands. He sets them down on the counter table and sat down across from them.

“Can we go for a walk?” George ask Gui Gui.

“Go ahead I’ll be fine, and don't worry I won't steal anything” Ya Tou said to them getting the hint that George wants them to be alone.

“Okay, I’ll be back” Gui Gui said and walks out with George.

“Where's Xiao Xun?” Gui Gui began their conversation as they walk in the backyard.

“She went out with my mom” George replied.

“I see.”

“Gui Gui” George said as he stops walking.

Gui Gui also stops and looks at him.

“It is really you” he smiled. “Can I....hug you?”

After a few minutes of hesitation Gui Gui nods her head and he immediately hugs her tightly.

“Gui Gui...is it too late to restart where we left off?” he ask her. “Has your heart already changed it's owner?” he whispers.

She felt tears running down her face uncontrollably.

“I'm sorry” she whispers back. “I'm so sorry.”

~

“Why did you call me out?” Aaron ask as he got out of the car.

“Give up on Gui Gui” Wang Zi told him as they stood by the river.

“Why should I? And what gives you the right to tell me that?”

“The right that you can't protect Gui Gui. I’m sure you can't even fight right, or hold a gun, you seriously don't even know what you're getting yourself into, you and Gui Gui are from different world, so step back before it's too late. Once you get yourself involved in the dangerous world, there's no way that you can step out, because your life will be on the line, there's no guarantee when you will die or if you'll live until the next day.”

Aaron smiled at him.

“Maybe I can't fight right or hold a gun, but I can always start learning it's not too late, and I know what I’m getting myself into, I know what I’m doing so mind your own business,” he said as he turns around but suddenly turns back to face Wang Zi.

“And if you didn't noticed yet, it was you who lost your chance to be with Gui Gui” Aaron said to Wang Zi before getting back into his car.

Wang Zi looks at Aaron's car frustratedly as it moves away from him.

~

“So that's what happened” George said as they sat on the bench in the garden. “I thought that I was the only one having a hard time...but I guess I’m wrong...you did too,” he said as he looks at her. “Comparing the both of us, you're probably the one that went through the hardest time.”

“Why do you say that?”

“Because you're the one who knows the truth, and the one that had to decided. You did it for my own benefits, yet it hurt you, but most importantly because it also hurt me too, that it caused you to be more in pain.”

Gui Gui smiled at him as her eyes watered.

“Thank you for understanding.”

“It's the least that I could do in return, because when we really look at it, it was my own fault for getting shot, you told me to run away, yet I didn't, I wanted to be brave and save you instead.”

“I understand, it's a man pride thing.”

“So, are you sure you won't regret making this choice?”

“Mm, I can't change the past, but I can change the future. I also don't want history to repeat itself, so...I apologize for hurting you once more” she said as she bows to him.

“Why are you sorry? Feelings are something that we can't control, we can only fix it over time, so don't worry about me, and don't feel bad about me, don't even pity me, because if you do, I might not want to let go of you...Just let me be, and over time I’ll eventually let go of you, as you did of me.”

“Thank you” Gui Gui wipes her tears away as her heart ache for hurting someone that she loved. She got up and they walked back to the house.

Ya Tou and Gui Gui bid their good-byes and went home.

On the way home Gui Gui's phone ranged. She looked at the number and saw a number that she didn't recognized.

“Let me answer” Ya Tou insist, but Gui Gui told her that it was okay and she took the call.

“Hello?” Gui Gui answers. “Yes, this is Ying Jie, can I ask who you are?”

Gui Gui's eyes suddenly widens.