Target Locked

Target Locked

The next day Gui Gui gather up all her strength and went to school.

“Gui Gui” Aaron called her name as he saw her walking towards him.

Gui Gui didn't look at or reply to him, so Aaron quickly blocks her from passing by him, and she finally looks up.

“Did you cry all night?” he ask as he touches her face.

“I'm sorry” she said as she took out her earphone. “Did you say something?” she smile at him.
“Your eyes looks so puffy. Did you cry?” he ask again.

“Really?” she touches her eyes. “Maybe it's allergy,” she laughs. “It must be from those sea food we at yesterday” she smile at him covering her eyes.

Aaron brushed some of her bangs aside. “Are you okay?”

“What do you mean? I’m perfectly fine,” she continues to smile at him.

“What's wrong? You've been smiling too much this morning. Something must be wrong.”

“What do you mean? Then should I be gloomy, and mad every morning?”

“No, being happy every morning is a good thing too, but...you seem overly happy....”

“Gui Gui! Aaron! Good morning!” they heard Xiao Xun said.

“Morning” Gui Gui said without turning around.

“Morning” Aaron replies with a smile.

“Ge, quickly” Gui Gui heard Xiao Xun said.

“You're the weird one, I’m going in first” Gui Gui said quickly and walks away from Aaron.

“Eh~ Gui Gui! Where are you going?!” Xiao Xun said as she looks at Gui Gui.

“I think she got out of the wrong side of the bed today, just let her be” Aaron said to Xiao Xun.

“Oh~okay,” Xiao Xun said. “Hey, Aaron, this is my brother. I know you guys met yesterday, but still I didn't introduce you two formally.”

Her brother and Aaron looks at each other and then smile.

“So, Aaron this is my brother George, and Ge this is my friend Aaron, also my first friend Gui Gui's boyfriend.”

George expression suddenly changed, as Aaron still had his smile on his face.

“Nice to meet you” Aaron said as he stuck out his hand.

George shook Aaron's hand quickly and pulled his hand away.

“Xiao Xun, let's go” he said and took his sister away from Aaron.

“Ey, Ge, what's with you? Did you get out of the wrong side of the bed too?”

“Did you just say he's your friend Gui Gui's boyfriend?” he ask her.

“Yeap, they're so cute together.”

“So that girl from yesterday, the one that ran away is your friend Gui Gui?”

“That's correct” Xiao Xun smiled.

“Stay away from her” he said.

“Eh? Why?”

“I don't like her, so stay away from her.”

“Why?!” Xiao Xun shouted. “She was my first friend I made here, and she's the girl that saved my life!”

“I don't care about that,” George said as he continues to walk.

“Well I do! So I won't listen to your stupid request!” she said and ran away.

“Hey Xiao Xun!” George yells after her but she ignores him.

George looks away angrily.

~

Gui Gui got to the principal's office and sat down on the sofa.

“Oh~ You haven't been here lately, so what brings your here today?” the principal ask Gui Gui.

“I don't know what to do now.”

“What do you mean?”

“I don't want to stay here any longer. I think I’m going to leave.”

“Wait, wait, wait. Hold on, tell me what's wrong first” the principal said as he quickly walks to Gui Gui and sat across from her.

“He's here, I met him again, George” Gui Gui said still trying to hold in her tears. “I don't know what to do, I don't know how to face him, and I don't know what to say to him. All I know is running away.”

The old man sigh. “You know that running away is not the answer to anything.”

“I know, but I can't face him, even after so many years, I still can't...” Gui Gui wipes the tears that are slowly going down her cheeks away. “And there's still Aaron...I shouldn't have listened to you and accepted him...”

After a long talk Gui Gui finally left the principal's office.

'I can't tell you what to do, only you can tell yourself what to do, because only you know the best choice for yourself.' Gui Gui sigh as she thought of the principal's words. Gui Gui turns on the facet and washed her hands.

'I guess I’m a person who can't get happy endings...a person like me...I'll have to make things straight with him...with Aaron and face him...George.' She looks at herself in the mirror. And washed her face and she smiled at herself trying to gain confidence. But when Aaron's happy and smiling face pops up her smile disappeared. She quickly washed her face again and left the bathroom heading towards the gate where Aaron was waiting for her.

-Flash Back-

“You're hesitating?” Grandpa Qiu ask her.

“I'm...I'm not sure myself.”

“It's been a while since you hesitate over a decision, those two boys must had shaken up your heart.”

“What is that suppose to mean?” Gui Gui ask him.

“What I mean is, you love them.”

“Love?” Gui Gui paused. “I gave up on that a long time ago. There's no such thing in my dictionary...there shouldn't be.”

“Then, you should tell Aaron directly what your purpose is, that is if you don't want to hurt him anymore. The rest will then be up to him. As for George, you should face him, and you two should talk about what happened over, that way you will feel better, and he too will understand you.”

-End of Flash Back-

'It's time I tell Aaron.'

Gui Gui saw Aaron smiled as he saw her walking towards him. She pushed back her emotions and got her face straight.

“Aaron let's talk” Gui Gui said before Aaron could say anything.

“Sure, what's the matter?”

“Not here, not today, but tomorrow,” she said. “I will wait for you on the roof after school.”

“Okay.”

“It's important, so you have to come” she said.

“Alright. But where have you been all day?”

“In the principal's office...well then, see you tomorrow” Gui Gui said and lets out a small smile before walking away from him.

Aaron turns around and looks at her back as she walks away from him. He doesn't know why, but he didn't have a good feeling about tomorrow's conversation.

~

On the walk home Gui Gui smiled all the way, because if she didn't then she would cry. It began to rain when she reached home, but when she got home she saw someone she didn't expect to see.

Gui Gui walks towards him as he too slowly walks towards her.

They both stopped walking as they were just inches away from each other.

“Hi George” Gui Gui smiled at him.

“How can you still smile?!” he said as he raised his hand. Gui Gui quickly shuts her eyes tightly waiting to be hit. But instead she was pulled into his arms.

“I can't do it” he said as he holds her tightly in his arms. “No matter how angry I am, how hurt I am, how said I was...I can't bring myself to hate you” he said as his voice trembles. “How can you be so cruel to me?”

Gui Gui stood still as George cried holding her tightly. She didn't push him away nor did she say anything, because she knows she was at fault. They stand in the rain until they became drenched to the skin.

“Go home” Gui Gui finally said to George after feeling his cold body. “If you don't you'll catch a cold.”

“You still worry about me?” he ask her.

“No, I just don't want you to get sick because of me.”

George pulled back and looks at her face.

“Alright, but I will come back tomorrow” he said and kissed her on the forehead before walking away.

As he walks away Gui Gui closed her eyes and crashed to the ground.

“Gui Gui?! Gui Gui?!” George called her as he held her in his arms.

Gui Gui slightly opens her eyes and then closed them again. Darkness filled her vision.