Target Locked

Target Locked

“You brought this upon yourself” Gui Gui said talking to Aaron who's laying in the health office.

She's talking big, but knew deep inside it was also part her fault.

“You idiot, If you were sick you shouldn't have come to school today.”

She glance at the clock and got up, but she felt Aaron grabs onto her hand.

“I wanted to see your face. I need to see your face everyday. I’m an idiot because of you,” he replies to her comments.

“What are you doing? Let go of my hand, I need to go to class.”

Slowly Aaron let's go of her hand.

“Now that you're up eat those pills here” she pointed at some pills in a cup beside Aaron's bed. “The nurse wanted me to tell you that” she to him.

Aaron cough. “But I want you to feed me, mouth to mouth” he said and points at his mouth.

“Are you crazy? Why would I do that? I don't want your fever.”

“Then I don't want to eat it.”

“Whatever you like, since you're the one that's sick” she said. “His fever must had made him talk rubbish things like that...” she said to herself as she walks out of the room.

'How childish.'

Aaron watches her leave and closed his eyes falling back asleep.

That afternoon as Gui Gui was going to give some food to Aaron she hear lots of girl voices from the heath room.

“Here Aaron you can have this! It's 100% healthy” Gui Gui heard a girl said.

“This too!”

“By the way Aaron, what have that girl done to you? You're so thin now. Did she torture you a lot?”

Gui Gui passed by the door and saw a smile on Aaron's face. She looks away and headed another direction.

Aaron smiled and glanced at the door. He saw a figure like Gui Gui passed by. He tilted his head thinking if it was really her, then after a few seconds he looks away and thought that he was just thinking too much.

“Aaron what's wrong?”

“Nothing, but if you guys want to bad mouth about my girl, please leave” he said to them in the nicest way.

And that shut them up.

Gui Gui walks to the principal's office and knocks on the door.

“Come in” she heard the old man said.

And so she walks into the office.

“Ah~ Xiao Gui what brings you here?”

“How's your knee?” she ask him as she closed the door behind her.

“Well, you did such a good job on them that they are recovering well.”

“That's good...” she said and walks towards his desk. She sat a lunch box on his desk. “An apology lunch” she said before he can even ask her why she brought him lunch. “I’m sorry about you getting your knees injured because of me. You shouldn't have rushed to save me that day, because you rushed you fell down the two step stairs” she said as she head to a sofa and sat down.

“Thank you” the Principal said as he opens the lunch box. “And about that, don't worry about it. My injury is my fault.”

“I know...But I also know that it's partly my fault too” she said quietly as she nibbles on her lunch. “Grandpa Qiu.”

“Yes?”

“Did you tell that boy about what happened that day?”

“Who? The rude boy who walked into my office the other day?”

“Um.”

“I did, why? Did something happened to you two?”

“Yesterday, he came running to my house soaked. He was mad at me for not telling him what really happened...Why did you tell him?”

“Because I called him in to tell him to reflect on his actions that day. He was really rude just marching into my office asking for you. But then he told me why he did that.”

“Why?” Gui Gui turns around to look at the principal.

“He said you guys are dating, so he was worried about you.”

“But we are not really dating. It's all physical, not emotional.”

“I know, but isn't this just too much for the boy to handle? You should be nicer to him. I’m sure that boy really likes and worries about you.”

“I kind of figure he does...but what can I do? This is the only way I can help him.”

“That's just an excuse,” Grandpa Qiu said to her. “You keep on thinking about the past, and I’m not saying that it's wrong to think about it, but still you're over reacting towards him. I think it's time you move on, and accepting some friends will be okay, I will make sure that everything will be okay.”

Gui Gui laughs, “But what can I do now? I’ve scared all of those friends away.”

“Not this boy, you can start by accepting him.”

“I don't know...”

“The rest is up to you, I can't make you do something you don't want to do.”

“I know, thanks.”

~

Gui Gui returned to the health office after school and saw Aaron sitting on his bed peeling an apple.

She opens the door and walks in.

“You're back!” Aaron said excited.

She didn't say anything.

She glanced at the table and noticed that the pills haven't been touched yet.

“Do you want an apple?” he said as he finished peeling it and hands it to her.

“No.”

“Then I’ll eat it” he said and took a bite of it.

Gui Gui touched his head.

“Your fever didn't go down.”

“I know, but I feel a little better.”

“A little is not good enough, at this rate how are you suppose to go home?” she said annoyed.

“I told you, you have to feed me” he said and took another bite of the apple looking out the window.

“How unreasonable” she said and glance at the cup of the pills.

“That's just an excuse,” Grandpa Qiu said to her. “You keep on thinking about the past, and I’m not saying that it's wrong to think about it, but still you're over reacting towards him. I think it's time you move on, and accepting some friends will be okay, I will make sure that everything will be okay.”

Gui Gui laughs, “But what can I do now? I’ve scared all of those friends away.”

“Not this boy, you can start by accepting him.”

She grabs the pills and threw them into . She leans towards Aaron and turns his face to her.

“Wha-”

Gui Gui quickly smack with his. She passes the pills into his mouth and pulls away. She grabs the glass of water and drank some, then she leans back towards Aaron and kissed him again.

As Aaron swallowed she pulled away.

“I'm leaving” she said somewhat embarrassed now.

She turns around around about to leave.

“Thank you” she heard Aaron said with a happy voice.

“You better get better by tomorrow or else I’ll kill you” she said without turning back.

“Got it!” he said louder.

'Gosh I’m going crazy~Why did I do it?' Gui Gui thought as she left the building. 'My heart is beating so fast too! Hey you in there, stop beating so fast! I don't like him, it's not like what you think it is' she told her heart.