Babysitting

First Love

 

Jogging through your neighborhood felt like you never left. Everything seemed the same except the people in it. Of course some things changed but not drastically.

 
Since middle school you always had to jog in the mornings to get your day started. At first your parents were a little scared about you going out so early in the morning alone but after a couple weeks they weren't worried anymore. 
 
They stopped worrying so much after Jimin started jogging with you. Every morning you two would wake up at the same time and meet up at the same corner every day to start your jog. You wouldn't talk just jogged together. 
 
He enjoyed it as much as you did. Honestly at first when you started jogging it was to impress him by something you could do together without having someone to intervene. 
 
You wondered if he still jogged in the mornings. As you reached the same corner you stopped to catch your breath. When you felt ok you started jogging again. 
 
You reached your house and got inside. You took deep breaths not knowing you've been holding it in this whole time. You weren't sure how you were going to last here. Everything here brought back memories of him. 
 
The worst part is he lived right next door. So far you haven't crossed paths but you will. That's the thing that scares you the most. Just seeing him. 
 
-----------------
 
"So who am I babysitting?" You ask. Your mom promised someone you would babysit their child but she got called into work so you were stuck.
 
"He's a good kid! Don't worry anyways it's raining out so you couldn't go out anyways." Your mom says trying to make it ok. You roll your eyes and look out the window. 
 
It was pouring like crazy so she was right. There was no chance of me exploring old places today. 
 
"I know it's only your first official day here but please?" You look away from the window and back at her. "You always used to love babysitting!" 
 
"Fine! You're lucky it's raining." She claps her hands and kissing you on the forehead. 
 
"Thank you!" She says while she walks out the room. She always got overly excited about things. 
 
"What time is the kid coming?" You ask as you walk into the living room. 
 
"In an hour!" You hear her yell from her room. 
 
You sit down and start watching tv. As you flip through the channels one of your old dramas was playing. You smiled and put the remote down. It's been so long since you've watched dramas. 
 
You were so caught up in the drama you didn't hear your mom come down the stairs until her head pops up on the side of the door. 
 
"Bye! Thank you again!" She says waving. 
 
"You're welcome!" You say waving back. "Be safe driving out there!" 
 
"I will!" She says and disappears. 
 
--------------
 
You continued watching the drama until the doorbell rang. You put down the volume and get up to open the door. 
 
As you opened it a cute little boy stood on the other side smiling up at you. He looked about three or four years old. He had beautiful light brown eyes and a cute smile. You smiled back at him. 
 
"Hi." You say bending down to his level. He waves at you smiling really big. 
 
"Hi! My name is Myung!" He says hugging you. You laugh and hug him back. 
 
"Nice to meet you, Myung. I'm (YN)."
 
"I know my daddy told me about you." He says smiling really big. You look at him confused. 
 
"Who's your...." You stop as you see a hooded figure running towards you guys.
 
 Your eyes go wide as you notice it's Jimin. Your heart beat raced and you could hear it in your ears. 
 
He looked exactly the same as you last saw him but more mature and older. You were both the same age but something about him made him seem a little bit more older than you. Maybe it was the muscles he had now that he didn't have a couple years ago. 
 
As he reached the steps he pulls off his hood and smiled at you. Then he did a double take.
 
"(YN)?" He says squinting his eyes looking at you. 
 
"J-jimin?" You spit out. 
 
"Wow!" He says laughing, shaking his hair from the rain. "This is crazy. How are you?" He continued smiling at you while you stood there trying to catch your breath. 
 
"I-I'm good." You say crossing your arms and leaning on the door frame. 
 
"Appa! Can you just leave so I can go inside?" Myung says pulling at Jimin's pants. They looked so much alike it was so weird. You looked back and forth between them. He didn't look anything like Jimin's wife. 
 
"Yeah he's right I should get going. I'm going to be late." He says combing his hand through his hair. "Thank you for watching Myung for us! It was great seeing you! Myung don't cause any trouble!" He says walking back out in the rain. 
 
"Yeah it was great seeing you too." You say waving bye to him. Myung waves bye to his dad and turns to face you. 
 
"Can we go inside?" He says smiling up at you. 
 
"Yes." You say letting him come inside.