Babysitting Part 2

First Love

 

As you laid in bed you couldn't stop smiling. 'He loves you.' 

 
"Ugh!" You scream and grab the pillow to your face. Why did you even agree to that one night? Nothing was going to go back to normal. "Only two weeks." You said to nobody. "I can do it." You sighed and turned over. 
 
Nothing was helping you not think about him. Even the picture of you two was a constant reminder. As you laid there your phone started ringing. You grab it and answer it. 
 
"Hello?" You say. 
 
"Hi sweet daughter of mine that doesn't even text or calls to let me know she's ok." You glare at the wall. 
 
"Mom seriously?" 
 
"Yeah." There was silence and you hear her sigh. "I know you're old enough to make your own choices but this isn't it." 
 
"What!?" You say laughing. You tried to play it off as nothing but your heart started beating so fast. You've never heard your mom sound so disappointed in you. 
 
"Don't act dumb. You slept with him last night and he's married with a child. Did you think about..." You hear voices in the back. "I have to go back in but we will talk when I get home." 
 
"Mom we didn't do anything. I fell asleep watching videos." You hear her sigh. 
 
"Really?" You laugh trying to make it seem like it was nothing. 
 
"Yeah. He had videos of us when we were little. By the way why did you let me out like that!?" You hear her laugh. 
 
"You were spoiled and I let you do everything you wanted. That's a relief you didn't do anything. I'll see you when I get home." 
 
"Love you." You say and hang up. You fall back onto the pillows on your bed. Why? You asked yourself. This was bad. One part of you is so happy, the other knew that what you did was wrong. A married man. You can't let it happen again. You became what you never wanted to be. The other woman.
 
--------------------------
 
To clear your mind of all things Jimin, you decided to stay home and avoid any activities outside that would remind you of him. You needed to stay away for the next two weeks. 
 
You started doing some searches on some places outside of the town you could visit before leaving. You've been to many places but never in your own country. You jotted down different places to visit. 
 
You hear the front door open and someone walk into the house. You turn to look at the living room door and your mom walks in. 
 
"Hey." You say with a smile. You tried so hard to fake it. 
 
"Hey can't talk right now. I have to go get ready for yoga with Mina." Your mom says walking away. Your eyes widen. 
 
"She's back already?" 
 
"Yeah she said that they both missed Jimin and came back. Aren't they so cute?" Your mom said and you just nodded even though she couldn't see you. You stuff a chip in your mouth so you wouldn't have to reply to her. She walks in the room smiling. 
 
"Mmhhmm." You mumble while chewing. 
 
"I got so paranoid last night." 
 
"Because you thought we slept together?" You say gulping. 
 
"Yeah. I didn't raise you to be that type of women." You look away at your computer. 
 
"Of course." You say forcing a smile. 
 
"Mina is a great person and they have a cute little happy family. You should come to yoga with us." 
 
"I'm busy.....doing stuff for my professor." You say pointing to your computer. "She sent me an email about this research article she wanted me to help her with." You say rolling your eyes. 
 
"Ok but next time you're coming!" She says as she turns around. 
 
"Who's watching Myung?" You ask. 
 
"You. Sorry I forgot Jimin had to stay longer at work but you only have to watch him for 30 minutes. Jimin will pick him up. You know we can't just leave him alone...." She starts ranting to convince you to watch Myung. She always did this so you could stop what your doing and do whatever she wanted. 
 
"No worries." You say faking a smile. 
 
"Thank you sweetheart!" She says as the doorbell rings. "Coming!!" She screams as she walks to the door. "Myung did you get taller?" You hear her say. You laugh and roll your eyes. She was always great with kids. 
 
"Did I!?" You hear Myung say. They continued talking until you hear Mina say something. 
 
"Be a good boy!" She said to Myung. 
 
"Ok Umma." He said and you heard him run into the living room. "Hi!" He said with the biggest smile. You place the computer on the table. 
 
"Hi Myung!" You say as he ran over and hugged you. He was so adorable. 
 
"I missed you." He said letting go and smiling. "Did you miss me?" 
 
"Of course." You ruffle his hair. "What do you want to do for 30 minutes?" You say as he sits down next to you on the couch. 
 
"Do you want to play video games?" He said looking up at you. 
 
"Ok." You say as he walks over to his bag. 
 
"Hyun-Ki won me a medal on this game!" He said running over to you with the device in his hands. 
 
"Really? Let me see." You say. You wanted to ask him questions but it wasn't any of your business. He sat down next to you and started playing. After a couple minutes he lost. 
 
"Can you try for me?" He sighed handing you the device. 
 
"Ok but you have to teach me." You say as he smiles and comes closer to you. 
 
"Appa says you're really good at video games." You look down at him as he's smiling up at you. He looked so much like Jimin that it hurt. 
 
"No he's better than me." You say laughing. 
 
"Yeah Appa is really good." He says smiling. "You have to collect all these." He starts explaining what you had to do in the game. After you got the hang of it and you and Myung were jumping up and down the doorbell rang. 
 
"NO! You lost! We were so close!" Myung said laying back on the couch. You sigh and put the device down. 
 
"I know! The person at the door distracted me." You felt your heart start pounding as you started walking towards the door. You open it and Jimin stood there. 
 
"Hey." He said smiling. 
 
"Hey." You say smiling back. There was an awkward silence and Myung comes running up to him. 
 
"Appa!!" He screams as Jimin picks him up for a hug. "I missed you sooooooo much!" He squeezed Jimins neck tightly. 
 
"I missed you more!" Jimin said as he kissed his cheek. "Did you have fun?" Myung let go and was looking at Jimin. 
 
"A little. I wished you could come with us." He said placing his hand on Jimin's cheek. Jimin kisses his cheek. 
 
"You know I can't get out of work. Next time I'll come." The little boys eyes widened up. 
 
"You promise!?" He said sticking out his pinky. Jimin and you laughed. He stuck out his pink and wrapped it around Myung's little pinky. 
 
"I promise." Your heart grew a little heavy at seeing them like this. You wished that you were witnessing your husband and your child. But life doesn't go as you wished. As you were off in your head you didn't notice that they both stopped.
 
"I'm going to get my backpack." Myung says as Jimin put him down. As he leaves Jimin looks at you. 
 
"Is everything ok?" He asks with a concerned look. You force a smile. 
 
"Yeah why?" He shrugs his shoulders. 
 
"I thought you felt uncomfortable about what we did." He whispered to you. You shook your head. 
 
"Jimin it's fine. It was just one night and we said we won't talk about it right?" You say crossing your arms over your chest and leaning on the door frame. 
 
"Yeah." He said looking away. You could tell something was bothering him. 
 
"What's wrong?" You ask. As he was about to answer Myung ran back outside. 
 
"I'm ready!" He says hugging you. "Bye! Thank you for watching me!" He says and let's go. 
 
"Anytime." You say ruffling his hair. He laughs and reaches up to hold Jimin's hand. 
 
"Thank you! I guess I'll see you?" He says but you can tell he wanted to say more. 
 
"Yeah." You say smiling. "I'll see you. Bye." You say waving as they walked away. You went into your house and sat down on the couch. You wanted to know what he wanted to say but you knew you should text or ask him. "Just avoid him." You said covering your face with your hands.