Movie

First Love

 

You walk in as Jimin got in his car and left. You didn't feel good at all. You felt a mixture of throwing up and your heart felt so heavy. Why didn't your mom tell you it was Jimin's child you had to babysit. You closed the door and slid down closing your eyes. 

 
"Are you okay?" A voice asks you. You quickly open your eyes and smile. Myung stood next to you with a concerned look on his face. It didn't help that he looked so much like Jimin that your heart ached just looking at him. 
 
"Yeah I'm fine." You say getting up. Myung smiles at you. He also had Jimin's beautiful smile. "What do you want to do?" You asked trying not to think about the similarities. 
 
"Appa bought me a new movie! Do you want to watch it together?" He says taking off his backpack. He places it on the floor and starts looking for the DVD. 
 
"Yeah! I love watching movies. What movie is it?" You bend down and try to help him. 
 
"It's a movie about cars." He says pulling it out. He stands up and hands you the DVD. 
 
"Ok let's go watch it." You say smiling and walking into the living room. 
 
----------------------
 
"That was a good...." You began saying as the movie ended. You look over to the other side of the couch and see Myung had fallen asleep. 
 
You  slowly get up and go get a blanket for him. As you laid it on him he stirred in his sleep. You waited for him to wake up but he turned the other way and continued sleeping. 
 
Outside the rain poured harder than before. You sit back down on the couch and quietly flip through the channels. As you flipped through the door bell rings. You slowly get up and walk towards the door. You open it and Jimin stood there with a suit and tie drenched in water. 
 
"Hey." He says smiling at you. Raindrops fall down his face. You were tempted to wipe them away but forced yourself not to. 
 
"Hi." You say looking anywhere but him. 
 
"Where's Myung?" He says looking behind you. "He usually whines to stay here." He says laughing. You laugh along with him. He looks at you and smiles. You gulp and force a smile.
 
"He actually fell asleep watching a movie. Do you want to carry him or should I wake him up?" 
 
"I'll just carry him. He gets really cranky when someone wakes him up. How have you been? You never answered my emails while you were away." 
 
"Yeah I've been really busy with school and everything." You lie. You saw his emails but you didn't want to write back. He looks at you not really believing it but nods. "How are you and your wife?" He avoids eye contact and looks toward his house. 
 
"We're good." You can tell he wanted to say more but stopped. He looks back at you. "We should go out for lunch and catch up. I missed hanging out with you." He watches you waiting for your response. 
 
"Yeah that would be good." You lie. He smiles and starts looking for something in his pockets. He then pulls out his cellphone. 
 
"Do you still have the same number?" He asks as he unlocks his phone. You shake your head. 
 
"No I got a new phone." He looks up at you waiting for your number. You hesitate and then give it to him. 
 
"Ok then I'll text you tomorrow the time and place." He says putting his phone back in his pocket. You look at him and try to think of something. 
 
"Um I actually have plans tomorrow so I guess I'll text you whenever I'm free." His smile disappeared from his face. 
 
"Oh. Um yeah just text me when you are free. My work schedule is really weird so if not lunch then dinner?" You just nod and look away. 
 
"Yeah I'll let you know." Silence followed. 
 
"I'm sorry." He says and you look at him with a confused look on your face. "I'm sorry I'm trying to make it like everything's ok between us but clearly it's not." He runs his fingers through his hair. You put up your hand to stop him before he went on. 
 
"That was a long time ago. I'm over it and I told you that from that night. I really do have plans tomorrow to visit my favorite places here but we can do dinner if you want?" He looked up at you and smiled. 
 
"Yeah dinner is good with me. I thought.." You cut him off. 
 
"Everything is fine between us." You lie. Seeing that smile on his face made your heart skip a beat. You want to avoid him but he used to be your best friend. Your first love and your first time. You didn't want to hurt him by avoiding him. 
 
"Ok. I'll just pick him up." He moves next to you and walks in. You follow him inside. 
 
You take this time to check him out. The shirt he was wearing clung onto him that you saw he worked out. You bit your lip and looked away quickly before you thought of him that way. 
 
'He's married' you thought to yourself. He bends down to pick up Myung. 
 
"Jimin." You say and he turns around. "Let me get a blanket because your soaking." He nods and you go get one. You come back and wrap Myung up in the blanket. Jimin thanks you quietly and picks up Myung. You follow him outside. 
 
"Good night. I'll text you tomorrow." He whispers. You nod and smile. 
 
"Ok good night!" As he walked down the steps you watch him leave and close the door. You sink down with your back on the door. What have I got myself into? You thought to yourself.