Call

First Love

 

 

Your last day was spent with your family. You guys reminisced about your life growing up and how some things changed. You talked about the people that live in your town and played games. It was fun laughing and just having a good time with your mom and dad. At night, your mom came into your room and you guys gossiped till 2 am

 
Jimin didn't text or call you all day. As you went to bed you kept checking just in case. You even kept looking outside to see if his or Mina's car were there and they were. You were curious on what happened when he went back. 
 
Right now you were in the car as your parents were driving you to the airport. When you were walking to the car you wanted Jimin to be out there but he wasn't. 
 
"He has a family and he probably is staying with Mina." That's what you kept telling yourself. It was for the best. 
 
The car was quiet except for the music coming from the radio. Even though the radio was on you could hear your mom sniffling in the front. It reminded you of the first time you were going off to college. She cried the whole car ride to the airport. Leaving with the same feeling as last time. Except this time it didn't hurt as much. 
 
As you reached the airport you sighed. Here comes the waterworks from both you and your mom. Your dad parks the car on the side and let's out a big sigh before turning off the car. He opens his door and walks out. You and your mom do the same standing next to each other as your dad pulled out the luggages. 
 
"You'll come on break right?" She asks as you wait. You look at her and her eyes are all red from crying. 
 
"Yes I already promised you." You say hugging her as you felt the tears start to fall. 
 
"Y-you better." She said and let out the tears again as she held you close to her. Your dad puts down the luggage next to you guys and waits a little before saying something. 
 
"I'm sorry to break this up but she's going to miss her flight. She has to go to check in and all the rest." You nod and pull away. You turn to your dad and give him a big hug. Again you start crying while holding him close to you. You could hear him crying a little. 
 
"I'm going to miss you kiddo." He says as he lets go. 
 
"I'm going to miss you too. I'll be back in two months." You say trying to smile but you kept crying. You turn to your mom and she's bawling her eyes out. You hug her one last time. 
 
"I love you." She says in between sobs. 
 
"I love you too." She gives you one last squeeze and then let's you go. You take your luggage and says goodbye and leave. You had one hour before your flight came but you always liked to be early just in case. 
 
Your parents had left while you were checking your luggages in. When you finished you looked out and the car was gone. Your heart ached and you stood there for a minute before you turned your head to walk up the stairs to the next check in. 
 
-----------------
 
You already called your mom when your plane landed to let her know you had safely made it back. 
 
As you got to your dorm you laid down on the bed and took in a deep breath. The feelings you felt right now were the same as when you first arrived in college a couple years ago. 
 
"Why?" You said to nobody as you stared up at the ceiling. Why did you go back home? Why did you get involved with him? You sighed turning your body to the side. 
 
Your roommate wasn't home yet so you'd have the place to yourself for the rest of the night. Which is exactly what you needed right now. She usually stayed with her boyfriend a lot but her parents didn't know about him so she still kept the dorm room. 
 
Getting up you close the lights. You contemplated on changing into your pjs but you decided against it and just got under the covers. You'd unpack tomorrow. You thought to yourself and closed your eyes. Taking one deep breath you tried to fall asleep. 
 
You felt so uncomfortable so you turn the other way. Still not comfortable so you turned back to your original position thinking you'll feel comfortable. It was no use. Opening your eyes you stared up at the ceiling. You jump when you hear your phone ring on the bed. You follow the light and see who was calling you. It was Jimin. 
 
You quickly answer it as your heart raced. 
 
"Hello?" You say as you tried to relax. 
 
"Hey." He says and silence follows. You wait for him to say something but nothing. 
 
"Is something wrong?" You say breaking the silence. 
 
"No." He says and pauses. "I just wanted to see how you were. Did you land safely?" You laugh and lay down staring up at the ceiling. 
 
"Yes. I was just about to go to sleep." 
 
"Oh I'm sorry. Um.." You could hear him moving around. "Goodnight." 
 
"No it's fine. I can't fall asleep." He laughs. 
 
"You miss me that much?" 
 
"Ha ha very funny." You say rolling your eyes. "So....what happened?" 
 
"We talked and I told her I can't keep living like this. I'm in love with someone else and I can't stay with her. So we're getting a divorce. We're going to have joint custody of Myung. I feel bad leaving her pregnant but it's not my kid. We're taking everything step by step. I have to look for an apartment and sell the house. She's leaving tomorrow to go live with her parents." You hear him sigh. 
 
"I'm sorry." You say not knowing if he was depressed or relieved. 
 
"Why are you sorry? You made me realize that I've been living like a zombie all these years. PS the girl I'm in love with isn't you." You laugh and shake your head. 
 
"It's Eun-Joo isn't it!? I knew it! All this time..." You continue laughing and sigh. He laughs and you smile closing your eyes already missing him like crazy. You pictured how his face looked while he laughed. 
 
"I love you." He says softly. "Remember when I went to promise you something and I stopped?" You furrowed your eyebrows trying to remember. 
 
"No when was that?" 
 
"Two nights ago when I said I promise I'll make breakfast and clean the bed." 
 
"Oh yeah I remember. What about it?" 
 
"I wanted to promise you that I'll fix everything so we could be together. But I wanted to wait because I didn't want to hurt you again in case she dragged me in this mess with her." You bite your lip smiling. "It's not what we imagined when we were younger but the outcome of us being together is the same." Your heart raced as you smiled like crazy. This was really happening. You felt like it was a dream. 
 
"I love you." You said. 
 
"I love you too." He says and you could hear him smiling while saying it. "So when you end school are you coming back home? I think all my divorce stuff will be done by then and I'll be settled in my new life." 
 
"Yeah I'll be coming home because now I have someone waiting for me." 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
So there's only two more chapters left in this story. I'll be doing a sequel since I got a lot of good feedback on this story. I hope you guys like it just the same! Thank you for reading and leaving wonderful comments! ❤️