Chapter 1

~Such a fake mistake~

 

Ryeowook’s P.O.V.

 

”I wonder why Kyuhyun even want to hang out with that guy…He is so weird…”

These words are familiar, and I hear them often by people who thinks I am not listening.

 

Kyuhyun is one of the most popular guy at school, totally opposite of me. My only friend, and best friend is Kyuhyun. And people often wonder why Kyuhyun even hang out with me, and sometime I wondered about it myself.

 

I sat alone by a table in the cafeteria alone and ate. Looking around and saw as usual at least 4-5 people around every table and chatted happily with each other. Not that I wasn’t used to it, but everytime I saw this I wanted to cry.

 

“Hi Wookie!” Kyuhyun suddenly said behind me happy while surprise hugged me from the back.

“You scared me”

“Then mission complete!” he laughed and sat down beside me “have you heard it?”

“Heard what?”

“You know the other school?”

I nodded “Yes, what about them?”

“Well…7 students will be moved from that school to this school”

 

The first though that came up was that maybe I could get new friends, but then again, seven people, and they probably know each other and are a gang already.

So I just answered “ok, are they going to be in our class?”

“I guess those who are at our age will” he laughed.

“Of course” I laughed a bit back.

Then a girl came toward us, and not to my surprise it was Seohyun, one of the popular girls. She like many others has a crush on Kyuhyun.

“Hi Oppa” she smiled, and pretended I wasn’t there

“Hi” he said back

“I just wondered what you are going to do this afternoon?” she said with her cute voice.

“I am going to hang out with Ryeowook” he said, and I became confused, we hadn’t planned anything.

“Oh…ok” she said and walked away

“You know I’m busy today” I looked sceptical at him.

“Sorry, just had to say something because I don’t have any interest to go out with a girl right now”

“Yeah…It must be very bad having all those girls after you” I said with sarcasm.

“Sometimes it actually is”

 

When the lunch break was over Kyuhyun had to go to the bathroom so I walked toward our classroom alone. And accidently I walked right on Kangin when I weren’t looking.

“Watch where you going!” he yelled annoyed

“Sorry” I said

Kangin sighed “Whatever” and then he and the gang except Sungmin walked away.

“Don’t care about that” he said before he went after.

Even if Sungmin isn’t my friend he is the kindest to me if you don’t count Kyuhyun.

I just sighed.

And that class the teacher told everyone that the day after tomorrow the 7 new students would arrive, and one of them would start in our class.

-

Next day I went to the GameHouse with Kyuhyun and played a lot of games that I lost, and after that we took a little walk.

 

“You are not so good at games” Kyuhyun laughed

“It’s just you who are too good”

“I know” the proud voice made me laugh, and he started too.

“So where do you want to go now?” he asked

“Doesn’t matter actually”

“Then we can just go to me?”

“Sure” I smiled and was glad he didn’t ask to go to the club that he sometimes did.

 

When we came to his house we went to his room.

“I wonder how the new students are” he said

“Doesn’t matter to me” I sighed

“You don’t know. Things can change now”

 

I didn’t know then that what he said was absolutely true, but I kept refusing him. Why would they wanna be friends with me?

-

The next day I stood with Kyuhyun in the school yard, and like many others we looked out for new faces.

“I wonder if it’s a girl or a guy that will start in our class…I don’t know if I hope for a girl…because if she’s like many others I would rather like a guy.” Kyuhyun said

“I don’t care”

“You’re so negative” he laughed and hugged me “You don’t know them, and they don’t know you…If you try, things can change!”

“Sure” I said with a voice said: Yeah right…

“You need to be more positive!”

I just looked at him “Give me a reason”

“I am here! You can appreciate me more!”

He looked away and I could see he pouted.

I sighed, he was right.

“Sorry Kyuhyun” I said, but he still looked away.

“Kyuhyun” I said and started to peck in his back “Kyuhyun”

Still no answer.

Then I didn’t see any other way, he hugged him from the back and refused to let go “Sorry Kyuhyun, you are my best friend, and as long as I have you I’m happy”

I said it with an acted dramatic tone that made us both start to laugh.

“Oh Ryeowook, you’re are finally seeing that our friendship is a fate?” he continued

“Yes Kyuhyun, why didn’t I see it before? Since you came I have never been lonley”

We both layed down on the grass and laughed out loud so people stared weird at us, but we didn’t care and after a while we were able to stop and sat up.

“You’re not angry anymore?” I asked

“Of course not” he smiled.

 

The door bell rang and we stood up.

“I guess the new students won’t come before later” Kyuhyun said and we went to our classroom.

 

And he was right…not before the second class started they came…the teacher said they had been at the principle’s office to get instructions and how it was at this school.

 

The teacher went out a bit before coming in with a girl.

“This is Yoona, our new students, please make her feel welcome” the teacher smiled.

“Wow, she was cute” some whispered to each other.

“You can take the seat next to Ryeowook there” the teacher pointed at the seat beside me which was empty.

“Ok” she said and came toward me and sat down.

I felt my heart beat in a bit fear…I had never been feeling comfortable with new people around me, at least not girls, who often looks at me like I were their last choice…But I had been used to the people in class because I had no choice.

My eyes met Kyuhyun who sat a bit in front of me to the right, and he gave me the look: You don’t know her.

“Hi” she smiled to me.

“Hi” I smiled back, but I don’t think I was able to cover my awkwardness.

 

The class started and suddenly the teacher said “Yoona, you haven’t got the books yet, so right now can you maybe share with Ryeowook now, if that’s ok for both of you?”

“Sure” she still smiled then she looked at me, and I nodded and felt all the angry stares from the other guys in the class at me.

She took her chair and sat beside me, and during class we actually talked, or maybe whisper is a better word.

“So your name is Ryeowook?”she started

I nodded

“That’s kinda cute”she laughed a bit, and I felt my cheek blush…

“Thanks…I think”I stemmed, wow she really talked like she wasn’t uncomfortable at all. If I had been like that I could have complimented her back. She was really cute.

 

The class ended, and it was breaktime.

“Thanks for sharing your book with me” she said happy.

‘Thanks for talking to me’ I though in my head, but said “No big deal”

Then Seohyun came “Hi Yoona, wanna hang out?”

“Sure” she smiled then looked at me “See ya later Ryeowook”

“See ya”

I hadn’t felt happier in a long time, but then I heard Seohyun say to Yoona by the door “You shouldn’t hang out with Ryeowook, he’s such a loser”

I saw in the corner of my eye that she looked at me “I think he’s cute” then they walked away and I couldn’t hear them.

 

“I saw you were happy during the whole class” Kyuhyun said in a teasing voice.

“Trust me that will only be today, the girls will tell her not to speak with me” I said sad.

“If that happen, the Yoona girl was a from the start”

I chuckled a bit.

“Do you think she’s cute? I saw you blush sometimes”

I though a bit before saying “Well, she was cute”

“oooo, do you like her?”

Again I though a bit, but this time I shook my head “Not that way, at least not now”

I stood up from my desk “See ya after break time, I must talk to the principle.”

“Why?”

“Nothing special”

“Ok” he said “If you come back early then you know where I probably am”

I nodded and he went out. Of course I knew he would be with the other guys now. Actually I wasn’t going to the principle at all, I just felt like being alone a bit, so I went out and watched out for Kyuhyun, since I didn’t actually wanted to lie to him, but I found him sitting with the other in the so called gang who is of course Seohyun, Sungmin and Kangin…But also Kibum, Leeteuk and Siwon, and the other girls, Taeyeon, Tiffany and Sunny.

They sat with 5 new faces, since I recognized Yoona, and probably the seventh student wasn’t there.

I stood far enough away so I could see them, but not be seen.

There were 3 girls and 3 guys.

Yoona was the cutes among the girls, the two other were more typical y from a guy’s point of view. And the guys were typical cool guys…except one of them.

He was definitely the most good looking I though, but typical popular guy look he didn’t have. My eyes kept staring at him as he sat there and talked to the others.

‘What are you looking at?’ I though as I kept looking at every inch of his body, and thought that it all was perfect. ‘He is a guy!’

 

Then I saw a guy walked toward them, had to be the last new students since I had never seen him before, but I got a bit shocked. Not only did he look typical hot, but even some guys stared after him as he walked past them. The guy I had stared at looked at him, and hugged him when he had reached them. And if I didn’t see wrong…they kissed.

-

Next class when the bell rang I sat at my place before anyone had come in.

Kyuhyun came to me “How did the talk go?”

“Good” I answered, and shrugged my shoulders.

“Ok then” he said and sat down at his place.

Then Yoona sat down at her place next to me “Hi again”

“Hi”

“I still don’t have my books, so can I still share with you?”

“Sure” I said, and again she sat herself beside me. I could see in the corner of my eye that Seohyun looked at us.

“I saw the others from your school…and I just wondered…are two of the guys a couple?”

She laughed a bit and nodded “Yes they are…the black haired guy is Yesung, and the blond haired is Eunhyuk…I hope you don’t have anything against gays”

I shook my head “I haven’t, I just wondered, and who are the rest?”

She told me the names, and how the person looked, but then the teacher came in and the class got quiet.

-

In lunch time I sat with Kyuhyun as usual.

“So how was it to hang out with those people” I asked

“They are ok. Heechul is like the gang leader. So I think he is”

“Ok, and I heard two…Yesung and Eunhyuk I think it was, but I heard they are gay?”

He nodded “Yesung and Eunhyuk are a couple, everyone could have guessed it without them telling”

“That’s true” a voice said behind us, and we turned around.

“Hi Yoona” We both said.

“Hi, can I sit with you two?”

“Arent you going to sit with the others?” Kyuhyun asked.

“None of them are here right now, and just because I sit with you two doesn’t mean I lose them as my friends” she laughed and sat down “Then they wouldn’t be my friends”

“Well, that’s true” Kyuhyun said.

‘Wow, she don’t care what Seohyun said’ I though ‘then I guess she is cool’

“What do you think of the school so far” I asked.

“It’s ok” she said then she whispered “But some of the “popular” really piss me off a bit”

Yoona suddenly kept quiet and looked at Kyuhyun “Sorry if I insulted your friends”

Kyuhyun just chuckled “Don’t worry, they piss me off sometimes too”

“Who?” Yesung suddenly said who stood beside Yoona.

“Hi Oppa” she said “Where’s Eunhyuk?”

“Can’t I take one step without him without something being wrong?” he chuckled “Can I sit down?”

Kyuhyun nodded, and I avoided looking at him.

“Not really” Yoona answered.

“But you should watch out” Kyuhyun added “Havent you noticed that some guys are looking a lot at Eunhyuk? And you can’t blame them, Eunhyuk have a special look, he can get stolen”

Yesung just smiled, and wanted to laugh, and so did Yoona? Then I noticed that Eunhyuk himself stood right behind Kyuhyun and had heard it all.

“Thanks for the compliment” Eunhyuk said, and Kyuhyun turned fast around.

“Eunhyuk” I smiled like he hadn’t said anything.

Eunhyuk walked toward Yesung while talking to Kyuhyun “But for your information I haven’t seen any interesting guy at this school”

Eunhyuk sat down beside Yesung who just looked at him “So you have been looking for someone else?”

Eunhyuk kissed Yesung at his lips, then he laughed “Of course not”

 

I bit my lips a bit…’why do you react? You’re not gay…And if you keep avoiding to look at them, they will think you have something against them’ I kept thinking to myself ‘And you don’t even know him’