Day Off

My True Love

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Q-Quit?!”

 

Chanyeol feels how the panic grabs him as he hurries to walk over to Baekhyun, but Baekhyun only steps away from him the closer he walks to him. Baekhyun can't be serious! Why would he quit of all people?! Or wait, what will he quit? He can't mean quit like leaving the group, right?!

 

Mm... I will quit... I will leave... I don't feel welcomed in this group anymore...”
“B-But we didn't really intend to make you quit!”

 

Kyungsoo quickly tries to fix something he thought he created. Well, the pressure on Baekhyun from everyone is quite huge, it's not weird that Baekhyun has begun to consider to leave the group. It's true that Chanyeol has noticed how they all treat Baekhyun worse and worse for every day that passes by, but this is ridiculous.

 

Baekhyun, wait-”
“I have already made up my mind... I was already thinking about leaving the group anyway...”
“W-What?!”
“Mm... For personal reasons.”
“Personal reasons?! What personal reasons?!”
“I can't tell...”

 

Baekhyun looks burdened, he doesn't like this situation. It looks like Baekhyun doesn't really want to quit the group, but yet he sounds so confident. His eyes are screaming in pain and misery, but his voice is stable and calm.

 

I'm leaving early today. Tell manager hyung that I felt sick and went home.”
“Y-Yah, what about the rest of the day? We still need to practice-”
“Sorry, but I'm not feeling very well today.”
“Baekhyun!”
“C-Chanyeol, do something!”

 

Chanyeol isn't sure what to do. He's just staring after the shorter boy who walks away from him. It feels like Chanyeol is losing the grip of him. Baekhyun is slowly... slipping away from him.

 

Did you have to... say that...?”

 

Chanyeol feels pained, but he isn't sure what to do. Baekhyun refuses to talk to him and whenever he tries to confront the boy, Baekhyun always manages to sneak away from him. Maybe... he needs to force Baekhyun to talk to him? But he can't do that when everyone else are around, because then they will only get in the way.

 

C-Chanyeol-”
“I will go and talk with manager hyung... Excuse me...”

 

Chanyeol hurries to walk out of the training room as he glances over at he corridor where Baekhyun had left. He wonders if Baekhyun truly will leave the group... He needs to talk to manager hyung before Baekhyun does, that's for sure!

 

***

 

Excuse me, manager hyung, it's Chanyeol.”

 

Chanyeol enters the room as fast Chen left. He really needs to talk to his manager before Baekhyun does.

 

Oh Chanyeol, it's you again. What can I help you with? Did anything happen?”
“Baekhyun felt sick so he went home, I'm worried about him.”
“Oh? Maybe I should go and look after him?”
“N-No! I-I mean, can't I do it? I'm not feeling well either and to be honest... I feel sick... I have tried to hide it but...”
“Now when you mention it... You do look kind of pale...”
“Please manager hyung... Can I go home too?”
“Well it might be something going around... Chen did mention everyone has felt a little bad lately... Fine, you can go home, but Baekhyun will probably leave for something else later today.”
“Oh...? I don't mind, I just want to rest... I'm sorry for this...”
“It's just practice day anyway, so you can rest. We don't have anything big to do until next week, so I can give you a half day off for once.”
“Thank you manager hyung...”

 

Chanyeol bows deeply and tries to look as exhausted as possible. Now he can go home and look after Baekhyun before something stupid happens!

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Who the hell told you that you could just go home?!”
“M-Manager hyung, I'm sorry, I just-”
“If you're just going to be home, then go and see Taeyeon at least! She's free for a couple of hours and can need some company.”
“B-But I don't feel that well-”
“Do I have to repeat myself? Don't you remember what will happen if you don't do as I say? Poor Chanyeol will lose his job if you don't listen to what I say.”
“D-Don't drag him into this all the time!”
“Then do as I say and see her!”

 

Baekhyun bits his lips in frustration as he tries to not throw the phone into the walls. He's on the edge to scream back at his manager and tell him to go to hell. But... If he does say something wrong, Chanyeol will lose his job. Baekhyun can't let that happen, he just can't.

 

I-I understand...”
“Good, now go and see her before she needs to do something else.”
“Y-Yes sir...”

 

Baekhyun hangs up on the phone before he let out a long sigh. He doesn't want to do this, he just wants to stay home and try to figure out what he's supposed to do with his life. But he can't risk to let his manager fire Chanyeol. Maybe... he should just leave the group after all? That would solve so many problems and he wouldn't have to go out with Taeyeon anymore.

Baekhyun sighs once again before he walks over to his closet to change his clothes. He can't visit Taeyeon like this, she will only get annoyed about how he looks. Baekhyun hurries to change his clothes before he finally is ready to leave. He will come back home later when everyone else is home or maybe a little earlier to just clear his mind. But right now he has to see Taeyeon.

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Chanyeol hurries up the stairs while he's listening to his heart beating. Baekhyun must still be home and if he hurries, he can stop Baekhyun from making a huge mistake. He doesn't want Baekhyun to leave the group just because everyone has treated him bad. Chanyeol admits that he could have tried to stop the others from bullying Baekhyun like that, but he was so mad at Baekhyun at the same time.

 

Baekhyun?! Baekhyun are you here?!”

 

Chanyeol walks into the dorm fast as he listens to the silence. Baekhyun isn't here? Where has he gone? Chanyeol walks fast towards the couch where Baekhyun usually sleeps, but Baekhyun isn't there. On the edge of the couch lays some of Baekhyun's clothes. He must have changed and left before Chanyeol could make it home.

Chanyeol curse silently as he sits down on the couch with a light thud. What is he supposed to do now? Well he shouldn't just sit here and worry himself to death, but he isn't sure what he actually should do now. Maybe he should just take it easy and wait for Baekhyun to come back home? Or maybe he should use the rest of the day to visit his father and his mother and noona Yura? After all, he hasn't seem them for a while now.

 

***

 

Hello dad.”
“Chanyeol! What a surprise! Come in and please take a seat.”

 

Chanyeol smiles kindly towards his father who hurries to walk over to him. The cafe is quite calm today, which is good since Chanyeol really needs to talk with his father about some matters. Chanyeol lets his father serve him some tea before he sits down beside him with a warm smile on his lips. It really was a while ago since Chanyeol talked to his father, he's happy that he decided to visit his father today.

 

How are you my son? Is everything going well?”
“Ah yes, I'm quite fine and everything is going quite fine.”
“That's good to hear. I heard that you're going to start acting soon. Is that true?”
“Yes, I want to try acting a little. I'm quite nervous about that to be honest, but I will try my hardest and do my best.”
“That's my son for sure! Good luck with it and keep fighting!”
“I will, I promise. But dad... I came here not only to visit you today.”
“Huh? So something has happened after all?”
“W-Well... It's a little complicated, but I really need to talk to someone.”
“Please go ahead, I will listen. If there is something I can help you with, then I will help you.”
“It's about Baekhyun and the rest of the group... He's planning to quite and...”

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Oh darling, you look so cute in that! Come here, let me take a closer look!”
“Uhm Taeyeon, why must I dress like this-”
“It's couple dressing! I think it's about time that we do things like this.”
“I... Don't think this will work...”
“Oh don't say that! We will look perfect together! Everyone around us will get jealous and we will look perfect!”
“I don't think couple dressing is necessary though.”
“You don't think that, but I think that.”

 

Baekhyun sighs as Taeyeon hurries to find some clothes to herself that will match Baekhyun's clothes. All Baekhyun can do is to sigh and glance down at his clock. Can't time go just a little faster? Ah that's right, Taeyeon must leave soon! Baekhyun can finally go home! Maybe he should leave right now and say that he needs to do something? That would be great if he could leave early!

 

Ah! Look at the time! I will be so late!”
“W-What? You have plans with someone else?”
“Yeah, some practice for a musical. I'm so sorry, but I have to go.”
“Can't you wait for a little longer?”
“I would love to say; 'Yes, of course!', but I actually can't. You also have to leave soon, right?”
“What time is it? Let me see.”

 

Taeyeon hurries to take a look at the clock around Baekhyun's wrist to check if Baekhyun is lying or not. She sighs loudly when she realizes that Baekhyun didn't lie and that they really have to go.

 

I guess I will have to let you go early this time then.”
“I'm not a dog, right?”
“You are my dog.”

 

Wow... That is harsh and really weird. Baekhyun isn't a damn dog and he's not going to act like one either. Baekhyun hurries to take his own clothes and sneak into the nearest bathroom to change his clothes. He can hear Taeyeon sigh annoyed after him because he didn't want to change his clothes in front of her. Of course he doesn't want to change his clothes in front of her, she's a girl and he's a man. And in his opinion, he and Taeyeon isn't that close as people think.

When Baekhyun has his own clothes on, he steps out of the bathroom and waves a quick goodbye to Taeyeon who looks really dissatisfied at him. She wants a kiss or hug or something more physical than a damn wave, but Baekhyun doesn't want to do anything like that. Instead he hurries to get his shoes and jacket on so he can leave.

 

Bye Taeyeon! See you around!”
“Yah! At least give me a damn hug before you go!”
“I don't have time-”
“You have time to give me a damn hug!”

 

Taeyeon rushes over to Baekhyun who holds in a sigh. He lets Taeyeon hug him as he hugs her back weakly. She then pulls out as she sighs disappointed at him, but Baekhyun doesn't have the power to handle her right now.

 

I'm sorry for being in such a hurry, but I really need to leave. See you Taeyeon-”
“At least call me darling or love or something cute.”
“Uhm... T-Then I see you around darling.”
“Better. Now go and work hard will you.”
“Y-You too. Good luck today.”

 

Taeyeon smiles a kind smile towards Baekhyun before she lets him go. Taeyeon can actually be quite nice when she just tries to not control everything. Baekhyun hurries to leave as he sighs when Taeyeon finally is out of his sight and he's on the way down to the street. He will have to call for a car to take him home, but it shouldn't take too long.

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Chanyeol steps into the dorm with a sigh, no one has come home yet. The others also got the rest of the day off after their manager had talked to them all. He said that they all could need some time off and that they should rest a little of once. It's nice of him to give them a day off when he knows that everything isn't quite well in the group. Maybe a small break from all the working can make the atmosphere in the dorm a little better?

Chanyeol kicks off his shoes before he walks over to his room to go and rest in his bed. But then he hears how someone is coming into the apartment and he can't help but to see who it is. Chanyeol stares at the smaller boy enter the apartment with a tired expression. Where has Baekhyun been? Oh wait... It's quite obvious where he has been.

 

Welcome back home Baekhyun.”
“C-Chanyeol? Y-You're home early.”
“Yeah, manager hyung gave us all the rest of the day off.”
“W-Why?”
“Well... After you left... Everyone didn't seem to feel that well. I-I actually went home early to talk to you, but you weren't here when I came home.”
“Y-Yeah... I-I was with someone else.”
“You have gone out a lot lately.”
“Yeah... I have.”
“Taeyeon must be a very lucky girl to gain so much attention from you.”

 

Baekhyun stares silently at Chanyeol for a couple of seconds after he took of his shoes and jacket. Chanyeol isn't sure why he said such a thing, he just got jealous and something flew out of his mouth. Okay, this is not what he was supposed to talk with Baekhyun about! Change topic!

 

A-Anyway, I have been waiting for you. Or I had hoped to talk to you before the others come back home.”
“I'm not in the mood to talk right now Chanyeol...”
“I know that... But you will just keep avoiding me until I make you talk with me.”
“I-I'm not avoiding you. I-I have just not been in the mood to talk with anyone-”
“You're lying. You know very well that I can tell if you're lying or not.”
“I-I'm not lying! I really haven't been in the mood to talk with anyone.”
“Baekhyun... You're upset about something, aren't you? You have been acting really strange lately and you come home late and eat way too little and-”
“Shut up will you?! I-I'm not upset about anything!”
“This is not like you, you're acting strange. You're not yourself Baekhyun.”
“Y-You don't know the real me! I-I just faked everything, remember?!”
“I... I have a hard time believing that.”
“I did fake it all! I used you just for fun! So please get away from me!”
“I can prove that you're lying right now. I can show you that your lies doesn't work on me.”
“How can you even prove that when there is no prof?!”

 

Chanyeol stares at the freaked out Baekhyun who acts really strange. This is not the real Baekhyun, this is the fake one. The Baekhyun he knows and loves so dearly is the real one, he just knows it. This can't be the real Baekhyun because this Baekhyun is way too nervous and unsure about everything he says.

Chanyeol walks fast closer to Baekhyun who seems to freak out a little more. Chanyeol doesn't want to scare Baekhyun or force him to do anything, but he just needs to find out if Baekhyun truly hates him. He just needs to know if the real Baekhyun is still somewhere inside of this fake Baekhyun. He just... He just wants his Baekhyun back.

 

Baekhyun, I won't hurt you. I will never force you to do anything, but I'm asking you to please just let me show you that this is not you.”
“W-Why would I ever let you show me something that isn't true? This is the real me!”
“No, it isn't. This is not you Baekhyun. I can't believe that this is you-”
“But this is me! This is the real Baekhyun you haven't gotten to see until now!”
“If that's the truth, then you won't mind me testing you. After all, you're not lying. Or are you?”

 

Baekhyun suddenly looks nervous as he starts to take a step back towards the door. Chanyeol walks faster to Baekhyun who suddenly hesitates. Chanyeol stops right in front of Baekhyun who takes another step back, but his back met the door and he got stuck between it and Chanyeol. Chanyeol stares down at Baekhyun who stares right back up at him. This is not the real Baekhyun, because Baekhyun wouldn't talk and act like this.

 

C-Chanyeol, g-get away from me. I don't want to play around with you anymore-”
“Baekhyun... I'm just really worried about you. I don't want you to be hurt or feel like you got no one to talk to. If... If you really hate me and just played with me, then... Then I will be really hurt. But, even if you played with me, I still want you in my life. Even if I can't get you back, I still want you to be close enough to me so that I won't feel lonely. I still want you to be my friend, even if it hurts to see you with someone else.”
“S-Stop say such things... I-It's not funny... I told you... I don't want to play with you anymore...”
“I don't want you to play with me, but I don't want you to push me away. Baekhyun, I beg you, just... Just let me be someone in your life. If you reject me, then I... I will get really hurt and I might even leave the group as well.”
“Y-You can't leave! Chanyeol, you can absolutely not leave the group!”

 

Baekhyun stares seriously at Chanyeol as his eyes slowly starts to tear up. Baekhyun doesn't seem to realize that he's on the edge to start crying, but Chanyeol can clearly see the pain in Baekhyun's eyes. Why can Baekhyun leave but not Chanyeol? If Baekhyun leaves, then Chanyeol will leave. Chanyeol would leave if Baekhyun would leave or he would try to get Baekhyun back into the group again.

 

Why can't I leave Baekhyun? Why can you leave but not me?”
“P-Please don't leave Chanyeol. T-This is your dream, right? You worked so hard to get this far and I was just lucky to be here as well and-”
“We both have worked hard to come this far. You don't have to worry about me Baekhyun-”
“I do have to worry about you! You take things too lightly all the damn time! Someone needs to worry about you!”

 

Chanyeol feels how something warm inside of him spread out through his body. Baekhyun still cares about him after all? That's right, this is the real Baekhyun. This is the person Chanyeol loves and someone he wants to be with. This is the Baekhyun he knows and he knew that the real Baekhyun would still be within Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun... I'm worried about you... I can't stop worrying about you.”
“D-Don't worry about me... Y-You should worry a little more about yourself...”
“I don't care if you tell me to stop worrying about you, because I can't stop worrying about you. I can't stop to care about you. I still have so many strong feelings towards you and I don't want them to get thrown away.”

 

Baekhyun suddenly looks away from Chanyeol as he tries to hide a pain in his eyes. Chanyeol was right, something is wrong with Baekhyun. Chanyeol hurries to grab Baekhyun's arms gently as Baekhyun stares up at him with his teary eyes. Chanyeol knows that Baekhyun is hiding something that is really painful and he's not sure if he can even help him, but he can always try to support him.

 

You don't need to tell me what's wrong or why you're upset. I... I hate to admit it, but you deserve someone who you truly love. I-If Taeyeon is that person you truly love... Then I won't complain. I will always be here though, to support you. I don't really need to know what's wrong, but I want you to know that you can talk to me about it. Maybe I can't solve your problem, but at least I can support you. I'm sorry for cornering you like this, I just want you to look at me. I'm sorry Baekhyun.”

 

Chanyeol pulls Baekhyun into a warm embrace as he wraps his arms around Baekhyun's smaller body. Chanyeol hugs Baekhyun tightly as he can feel how Baekhyun suddenly grabs his shirt. Chanyeol can hear how Baekhyun is sobbing into his chest, but he doesn't dare to ask if he wants to talk about it. Instead he just stands there and hugs Baekhyun. That's all he can do after all.

 


Ayo guys! How are you all doing? ^.^

I'm so sorry for not updating for a long time, I really am sorry guys! I will try my best to update soon again!

Thank you guys for all the supporting you have been showing me, it truly means a lot to me! All subs and comments and upvotes are very appreciated! Love you guys! <3

Well I will try to update soon again, so please look forward to it! Bye bye for now! ^.^

Peace and love to you all! <3