Broken Pieces

My True Love

Baekhyun's P.O.V

I have... no absolute idea of what you're talking about.”
“Not? Well, let me show you this.”
“That's... Impossible. We went to bed right away after we came home last night. That must be some kind of m-”
“Do you think I'm foolish? Give me your phone.”
“W-What?”
“Give me your phone.”
“No, it's my phone. It has nothing to do with you-”
“Give me your phone!”

 

Baekhyun stared at his manager who looked really annoyed at the moment. Baekhyun slowly let his hands search his pockets for his phone, though he took his time.

 

We don't got the whole day Baekhyun!”

 

Baekhyun finally forced himself to give his phone to the manager, though he has nothing special on it. He has his instagram, some games and some other media sites, nothing else. He never save his conversations with Chanyeol and the others and he has no special pictures with him and Chanyeol being all lovey-dovey. He's safe, he can still save his and Chanyeol's asses.

 

What are you going to do with it? Don't delete anything will you-?”
“I knew you and Chanyeol was close Baekhyun... But you know very well our policy here.”
“I still don't get it, what have we done wrong?”
“Look through the whole video and then tell me once again that you have no clue what is happening on in the video.”

 

Baekhyun hesitated before he pressed play on the manager's computer and watched the whole video. It's him and Chanyeol on it, mostly of it anyway. Who is filming it? Baekhyun can't recall someone filming them last night or was there someone who actually did? Baekhyun watched Chanyeol remove the blindfold from his eyes and slowly after that, he starts hugging and kissing Chanyeol.

He's screwed...

 

Do you still want to say that you have no idea what is going on?”
“M-Manager hyung, I-I can explain-”
“Listen, I have already talked with my boss about this all and-”
“Please don't fire Chanyeol! I-It's my fault! Manager, please don't force him to leave! If someone has to leave, let me go!”
“Never, we won't let you go that easily. You still haven't paid off for the money we used at you while you were a trainee here. You still owe us money, though Chanyeol has paid of his summit by now.”
“M-Manager... Please... Don't... I'm begging you... I will do... I will never touch him again, I will change room and I will never have such a relationship with him again... Please...”

 

Baekhyun pleaded for his life, no for Chanyeol's career and life. He can't let the manager fire Chanyeol, he just can't. If Chanyeol goes... then everything will be ruin. It was hard enough to watch Kris and Luhan to go, everyone else doesn't have to suffer any longer.

 

T-Think about the fans! Chanyeol is one of the most popular members! You can't fire him!”
“I can and I will.”

 

Baekhyun felt how he wanted to cry and beg and plead on his knees, but can he really go that low? What should he do? Should he...? Should he try to convince the manager that he can pay back his debt two times more than what he already have to do? Baekhyun doesn't know what to do anymore... It's to hard to make up his mind.

 

Manager hyung... Please... I'm begging you... I... I truly... Please... Let Chanyeol stay until I have paid off my debt... Then you can fire me instead-”
“That won't happen and what you said earlier is true, Chanyeol is very popular. After Kris and Luhan left, the fans begun to get mad at the company for no reason. We doesn't want to look bad, so we won't fire Chanyeol if we doesn't have too. But at this case-”
“I will do anything manager hyung! Anything! Please just let him stay!”
“You're too loud!”

 

The manager slammed his hand at the table as Baekhyun shut up fast. Baekhyun stared at the manager who sighed and slowly pushed Baekhyun's phone over to him again.

 

You're going to listen to my instructions right here and right now. From tomorrow morning and on, you're not allowed to share room with Chanyeol. Move into the living room if someone else refuse to share room with Chanyeol. You are forbidden to ever be alone with him if possible and I swear, if I find out that you two even have one slightest conversation about anything else than what you should talk about, then you're in trouble. This can not come out to the fans, if anyone finds out, the whole thing will fire up into a big scandal. You have to shut up and stay away from Chanyeol. And if you say anything about this meeting or what I have told you to do, we will fire Chanyeol and increase your debt right away so you can't quit. Did I make myself clear?”

 

Baekhyun stared down at his phone as he slowly nodded. He carefully reached out and took the phone from the table as he was about to stand up, but the manager stopped him.

 

One more thing that is really important.”
“W-What is it?”
“Our company needs new cute faces, a new couple... I have a suggestion about how we can forget about this incident faster and I assure you that if you refuse, Chanyeol won't be an EXO member for much longer.”
“S-Sir, t-that's too much to ask for-”
“You said you would do anything, you even promised me that you would never have a relationship with Chanyeol ever again-”
“But isn't it being too cruel-?!”

 

Baekhyun felt something hard hit his cheek as the shook took over him. He doesn't dare to move as the manager stood up fast and looked really mad.

 

Do you want Chanyeol to get fired or not?! Don't act like a child when you're a grownup man! Get over it and deal with it! This is business, we don't care about your feelings at the moment! We made clear that this is the rules and you all have to follow them! Obey them and never be disrespectful towards us!”

 

Baekhyun stared down at the floor as the manager walked over to the door and let out an heavy sigh.

 

Leave when your cheek isn't red anymore, I want you to be at the radio station before the interview begins. If you're late, I will punish you even more. Don't tell anyone about this meeting, is that understood?”
“Yes sir...”

 

Baekhyun sat on the chair and stared down on the floor with teary eyes. The door to the office went opened and closed again, which meant that the manager had left. Baekhyun felt how his hand carefully got up to his cheek as he held it at the warm painful spot. He can't believe that the manager slapped him and he can't believe that... That he has to leave Chanyeol... But it's for Chanyeol's best...

 

I'm sorry...”

 

Baekhyun felt the tears stream down his face, he doesn't know how to deal with this situation. Should he just go along with the company's threats? Or should he try to fight back? What if he gets Chanyeol fired? He doesn't want Chanyeol to get fired, after all Chanyeol has worked so hard to get this far. Everyone in the group has, yet one thing as a relationship can ruin it all.

 

I'm sorry... Chanyeol...”

 

***

 

Hey, how did the meeting go? Anything fun to do?”
“Mm, some things.”

 

Chanyeol stared at Baekhyun who didn't dare to look at him. Baekhyun knows that the manager is watching them carefully from afar, he can't get too close to Chanyeol.

 

Hey, are you getting sick or something?”
“No, I just got a lot of things to think about.”

 

Baekhyun flashed a smile at Chanyeol who smiled back. Chanyeol was about to put his hand on Baekhyun's shoulder, but that felt too risky. Baekhyun was fast to stretch his arms up in the air, to avoid Chanyeol's hand and to not seem to suspicious.

 

Okay boys, listen up! Suho, Baekhyun, Chen, D.O and Kai sits on the right side in the studio. Sehun, Lay, Xiumin, Tao and Chanyeol sits on the other side, got it?”
“Yes sir! Okay guys, we're one! Exo fighting!”

 

Everyone cheered and seemed really happy, which felt terrible. Baekhyun feels terrible and he tries to hide it, but it somewhat still feels like he shows it.

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Gosh, that was a long day, wasn't it?”

 

Chanyeol looked over at Baekhyun who sat on his bed. He sat in silence and didn't even care to reply Chanyeol's question. Chanyeol felt a little worried, Baekhyun has been acting a little down the whole day. Maybe something has happened?

 

Hey, is everything alright?”
“I'm fine... Just tired... I'm going to bed early.”
“Wait, what about our cuddling night-”
“Chanyeol... We need to talk...”

 

Chanyeol stared surprised at Baekhyun who looked pretty calm at him, but Chanyeol got a weird feeling about this. He walked slowly over to Baekhyun who stared down at the floor again as Chanyeol carefully sat down beside the boy. Chanyeol's eyes noticed quickly that the necklace he gave Baekhyun last night is gone, Baekhyun wore it this morning, but it's not there now. Something is wrong here, Chanyeol doesn't like this feeling he gets.

 

Hey, are you sure that nothing has happened? If something has happened, you can tell me. I want to help you and-”
“I want to breakup.”

 

Chanyeol felt something hard hit his heart as he stared at Baekhyun who didn't look at him. Baekhyun stared seriously at the floor, he doesn't seem to feel sad about this. Chanyeol felt like crying, but he can't give up. Not after coming this far, he can't just give up.

 

W-What are you talking about? You must be sick, because this is not like you-”
“I... I have wanted to breakup with you for quite a while Chanyeol...”
“S-Stop say that, i-it's not like you to say it like this-”
“I'm serious Chanyeol, I don't... I don't feel anything for you anymore. Last night, I thought I was in love again... But now, I still feel nothing...”
“Baekhyun... I'm serious... Stop it... Don't say that...”
“I don't feel the same about you anymore, I think that... My feelings for you died out for a long time ago... I truly tried to love you, but I don't know how to continue any longer. I don't know how to fake it anymore and it's getting on my nerves that I'm too scared to tell you-”
“Then why...? Why did you kiss me every day...? Why... did you buy... me gifts...?”
“I told you, I thought I was in love and I tried to keep it like that, but I realized that I can't go on like this and-”
“You can't say that! You're not yourself right now! Why are you saying those harsh words to me?! You're lying right in my face right now!”
“Don't get mad at me, I just don't love you anymore-”
“Then you can get out of the room! Just get out already!”

 

Chanyeol exploded, his heart is broken into a thousand pieces while Baekhyun is showing no sympathy for him. Baekhyun sounded so cruel, he looks so calm and yet Chanyeol truly thought that... That Baekhyun loved him.

 

I said get out!”

 

Chanyeol don't know what flew into him. He just pushed Baekhyun up of the bed and towards the door. Baekhyun stumbled out of the room and Chanyeol threw his blanket and pillow out as well before he slammed the door hard and loud and locked it.

When Baekhyun was out of the room, Chanyeol finally felt the tears stream down his face as he sat down on the floor and stared at the other side of the room. Where did he go wrong? He truly thought Baekhyun loved him... He tried his best, his hardest to make Baekhyun love him. Where did he go wrong? He did everything he could to make Baekhyun happy, he never said or did anything that would upset the boy...

Chanyeol felt the tears stream down his face and watched them hit the floor around him, he can't control his feelings at the moment. His heart is broken, he's not sure if it ever will get repaired again. But the bigger and more important question is, will he ever be able to face Baekhyun again?

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Baekhyun stood speechless outside his and- No, it's not his room anymore, it's only Chanyeol's now. The others was fast to come out of their rooms or look up at Baekhyun from the living room as Baekhyun felt how he would begun to cry any second. He was fast to grab his jacket and got his shoes on before anyone could question him. Baekhyun rushed out of the dorm and hurried to get away from the others. He just wanted to be alone for now.

Baekhyun walked down the street as he had to hide his identity with a simple hat and to walk fast so no one would recognize him. Baekhyun knows a place where he can go, where he can be himself and hide from the reality. Baekhyun walks fast as he finds himself outside an apartment building.

Baekhyun hesitated a little before he walked into the building and walked up to the third floor. He then stared at one of the doors before he dared to knock on it. The door went open after a while as the person, a slightly taller young man who's much older than him, finally opened the door.

 

B-Baekhyun...? Hey, I haven't seen you for ages! How are you?! Come in!”

 

Baekhyun smiled slightly, but he could feel how he teared up right away. Baekhyun didn't have to say anything to make this young man understand what was wrong. He was fast to get Baekhyun inside and closed the door behind him before he hugged him.

 

Hey... what's wrong?”
“Hyung... I think I just did something terrible...”
“What...? Oh little dongsaeng... Please don't cry.”
“I did something I never wanted to do...”

 

Baekhyun cried like a fool as he hugged his hyung tight and just wished that everything he said would just disappear. He wishes that he never said anything like that to Chanyeol. He wishes he just told Chanyeol the truth instead, but no he was a jerk and had to do exactly what he got ordered to do.

 

Hey, come in and tell me about it. Tell hyung what happened, I will listen, I promise.”

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Chanyeol literally locked himself up for a couple of few days. His manager was furious at him and he tried to get the others to get some sense into him, but Chanyeol never listened to anyone of them. He won't leave the room until Baekhyun comes back and tells him that he does love him and that everything he said was false.

Chanyeol knows it sounds selfish, maybe even foolish, but he's too heartbroken to fake that nothing ever happened. How is he supposed to even face Baekhyun like this? Every time he will see Baekhyun, he will just get reminded about the pain in his heart that he so desperately trying to hide.

When Baekhyun never showed up to talk to him, Chanyeol had made up his mind. He can't go on like this, he has to take his own responsibility. He did tell Baekhyun when they got together that if Baekhyun would stop love him, it was going to be okay if they broke up. But right now, those words are pretty much useless to him.

 

***

 

Do you realize how much trouble you caused the other members and the schedule? Well a lot and I'm very disappointed at you. I have no idea what happened or why you suddenly refused to leave the room, but I hope it won't ever happen again.”
“I'm sorry sir... I will try my best...”
“Good, now if there is something that has happened, I don't mind if you tell me-”
“It's nothing... Can I go now?”
“You may leave now.”

 

Chanyeol got up of his chair and left the manager's office. He walked passed some other employees as he tried to smile at them, but it felt really hard. When Chanyeol finally reached the others who was in the practice room, he noticed one thing right away. Baekhyun is gone.

 

C-Chanyeol! Welcome back!”
“Are you feeling better now?”
“Hey, are you okay?”
“Please, just don't.”

 

Chanyeol tried to sound as kind as possible, but he couldn't hide the pain in his voice, not totally anyway. The others just nodded as Chanyeol tried to shake of his thoughts about his private life, right now he has to work.

 

So, what are we doing? What have I missed?”
“Not much, we got to cancel some few things, but I guess we will have to do everything we was supposed to do very soon.”
“I'm sorry if I caused you trouble-”
“It's okay, let's just get going, okay?”

 

Chanyeol nodded as he followed the others, they're going to prepare for an interview for later today. Chanyeol decided to hangout with Kai and Sehun the whole day, because that way he knows that he won't bump into Baekhyun.

 

***

 

It's quiet. The whole room is so quiet. Chanyeol can't hear any other sound than himself breathing. Chanyeol held his breath for some seconds, to make sure it was just him and no one else in the room. He kind of wish he never held his breath.

The pain in his heart begun to grow as Chanyeol felt his arms squeeze one of his pillows a little tighter. Chanyeol feels so lonely, he doesn't like this feeling. He hates being alone, especially like this. His heart his broken and he can't sleep. He can't sleep without someone else snoring in the same room as him.

He misses Baekhyun. His heart aches even more when he thinks about the boy. Everything was so perfect, he can't understand what happened. They were so happy and Chanyeol never saw any signs of Baekhyun getting tired of him. He tried his best to surprise Baekhyun with new things, to make the boy feel special and yet they ended up like this.

Chanyeol still can't help to wonder, where did he go wrong? What did he do wrong? Did he do too much to make Baekhyun feel happy? Was he too annoying? Maybe he did too little? Or did Baekhyun get tired of hiding their secret from the whole world? What went wrong?Chanyeol wish he could have asked Baekhyun that, he wish he could ask Baekhyun why he wanted to breakup.

Chanyeol feels his heart break even more as he buried his head into the pillow he's hugging as he just lied there in the dark and silent room. He has never ever felt this lonely and heartbroken before. He truly... He truly loved Baekhyun with his whole heart... And now nothing is left of it, only pieces.

 


Ayo guys! So today I update once again! ^.^

I don't have that much to tell you except that I will try to update at least two times each month! I hope you all looks forward to the future chapters!

Else I just want to thank you all for your wonderful support and I hope you all enjoys reading this fiction! Subs, comments and upvotes are very well appreciated, but up to you! Not a must though! ^.^

Well that was all I had for now. Until next, take care and have a nice day/night/morning/evening/afternoon! ^.^

Peace and love to you all! <3