Rumors

My True Love

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Chanyeol felt quite surprised to not see Baekhyun for a couple of days like the rest of the EXO members. They all feared the worse, that Baekhyun had quit like Luhan and Kris had. Chanyeol felt guilty about it, maybe he got too mad at Baekhyun? He's still pretty down after he and Baekhyun broke up, but he still promised Baekhyun that he could breakup with him whenever he wanted too.

 

Hey guys... Have anyone of you heard of Baekhyun?”
“Not in a while...”
“I don't want to ask what happened between you and Baekhyun Chanyeol, but if you're a part of his disappearing-”
“I haven't done anything. He knows that.”
“Then... Why is he-?”

 

Everyone shut up when the manager came into the dorm as he smiled kindly at them. Beside him stood Baekhyun who smiled a little and walked in to sit down among the others in the couch. Chanyeol glanced over at Baekhyun as secretly he could, but the manager is in the room and he knows that his manager isn't that happy with him right now. So he better pay attention to him.

 

Okay boys, we got some news for you. We got some new MVs to film and D.O you're going to be a part of a drama like mostly of you know. Oh and we're planning on having you to make some commercials for some companies... Else I can't come up with much more news for you.”
“When do we get started?”
“Tomorrow morning we planned to let you guys split up to have your private member activities. Mostly of you have something to do or prepare for, so fighting everyone. Go to bed early today, don't stay up the whole night!”

 

The manager smiled as he walked towards the door to leave. Chanyeol let the manager leave before he got up and walked into his room. To be honest, it's relief to see that Baekhyun is back, but he still can't face the boy. He just can't.

 

Goodnight guys, I'm off to sleep.”
“Already? It's not even passed 10 pm.”
“I might play the guitar or something. Goodnight.”

 

The others just nodded as Chanyeol stepped into his room and closed the door behind him. He can't help to feel hurt and he can't help to wonder where Baekhyun has been. What if Baekhyun truly got hurt by his words? No, then Baekhyun would have said something to him by now.

Chanyeol felt how he sighed as he walked over an grabbed his guitar. He tried to play a cheerful song or anything more cheerful than what he felt, but he ended up playing blues tones instead.

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

So, where have you been the passed few days?”
“I was... Meeting up with someone.”
“Really? Who?”
“Just someone I might work with in the future.”
“Y-You're not going to change company?”
“Ah, no no no. I meant more like work together with for a project.”
“What kind of project?”
“A musical performance. I always wanted to do one.”
“Ah, that sounds fun.”

 

Baekhyun just nodded as he took up his phone and stared at the screen for a while. He hesitated a little before he put the phone away as he noticed that the others stared at him. Baekhyun looked at them a little dumb for a while before he realized that they wanted to ask him something, but they doesn't dare to.

 

What is it? Have something happened?”
“Has something happened? You and Chanyeol-”
“Oh, about that... I will take the living room for now.”
“W-What? Why?”
“I... Can't share room with Chanyeol anymore.”
“But... you two...”
“Are not together anymore...”

 

Baekhyun felt the pain in his heart but he just pretended that it wasn't there. The others stared surprised at him before they begun to exchange glances.

 

W-Why not? You two... seemed to be so happy together.”
“I'm sorry, but I truly... I just... I just can't any longer. I like Chanyeol, but I don't want him as my boyfriend. I want him to be my best friend again. But I don't think he even can see me as a friend anymore.”

 

Baekhyun sighed as he just pushed the pain further into his heart and let it stay there. The others seemed really taken back by the news as Baekhyun just sat there on the couch like a fool.

 

So... No more Baekyeol?”
“No more Baekyeol or Chanbaek.”
“But that's... That's horrible.”
“Don't say that, please. I just... It never worked to be honest. It wouldn't work any better if we kept trying like that. It just... didn't work out.”

 

The others nodded a little sad as Baekhyun just smiled a little before he got up of the couch. He wants something to drink, his throat suddenly felt dry. Baekhyun walked out to the kitchen and opened the fridge to take out a bottle of water as he could hear how someone had followed him.

Baekhyun looked behind him to see D.O stand there and stare at him with his mother eyes. Baekhyun closed the fridge fast as he opened the bottle with water with a weak smile.

 

What kind of bull was that?”
“Excuse me?”
“That's... not what I have heard.”
“W-What have you heard?”
“I have heard that you're going out with someone else. That is what I have heard.”
“Listen D.O, I truly didn't intend to hurt Chanyeol but he was the one who asked me to date him. He said that I could breakup with him whenever I wanted too. I did breakup with him because it didn't work out anymore and I got tired of acting.”
“But what are those stupid rumors about you going out with Taeyeon then?”

 

Baekhyun stared at D.O for a while as he stared seriously back at Baekhyun. They stood there in the kitchen for a while before Baekhyun looked away and decided to not look at D.O anymore.

 

Baekhyun-”
“I don't want to talk about it. It's none of your business.”

 

Baekhyun drank some water as he was fast to leave the kitchen. D.O stared after him as Baekhyun just walked over to a bookshelf and picked out a book. He's going to escape to the book's world for now, since he doesn't know what to say anymore. He just wants to disappear from this world.

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Baekhyun sat on the opposite side of the breakfast table as the boy didn't look up from his book. It must be a really damn good book since he can't even look at his food while he's eating. Chanyeol somewhat feels annoyed to be honest. He doesn't know why, but he feels so annoyed. Is it because... he just wants Baekhyun to look at him?

Chanyeol held in a sigh and finished his breakfast fast before he left the table in silence. The others sat also silent around the table as they ate their breakfast. The aura in the dorm has become really tensed lately. It feels like everything is ruined since Kris and Luhan left and now Baekhyun broke up with him.

 

Chanyeol, you and I are going to go together today!”
“Huh? Really? Sounds good.”

 

D.O smiled as Chanyeol hurried into his room to get ready. D.O is going to film his drama today and Chanyeol is going to practice for a role in an upcoming movie he's going to take a part in. To be honest he didn't intend to participate in any movie or drama at the moment, but he ended up doing so after Baekhyun broke up with him. He just felt that he needed something else to think of while he can.

 

Chanyeol, hurry up an get ready! We're leaving soon!”
“I'm almost done!”

 

Chanyeol got dressed quickly and fixed his hair before he checked himself out. He looks pretty okay now to be honest. Chanyeol then grabbed his phone and charger before he hurried out to D.O who smiled.

 

Let's go, okay?”

 

Chanyeol nodded as he got his shoes and jacket on before he left with D.O. To be honest, he didn't expect D.O to talk that much today. He's usually very silent and he rather read a book or check out any social media while he's waiting for work.

 

Hey Chanyeol... Do you... love Baekhyun?”

 

D.O suddenly asked on their way down to the car as Chanyeol stopped dead in the middle of his pace. D.O stopped as well as he stared at him for a while. A part of Chanyeol wanted to say a strong and cold no, but another part of his body wants to say yes with the warmest and more determined voice he can manage.

 

Let's not talk about our private lives during work D.O.”

 

Chanyeol just walked towards the car again as D.O just followed him in silence. They reached to the car and got inside as a co-manager sat in the car and waited for them.

 

Good morning boys.”
“Morning manager hyung.”
“Are you ready for a long day?”
“As usual, we are almost totally loaded.”

 

The manager smiled as the chauffeur took off. Chanyeol glanced over at their dorm building as he nodded for himself. He definitely still loves Baekhyun, but he doesn't know how to make the boy love him again. He wants Baekhyun to stay by his side, he doesn't want the boy to leave him like this.

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

'Why does it feel like everyone is hating me? It feels like the others are giving me a dirty look all the time when I'm not looking at them. Do they... think that I... cheated on Chanyeol all along? Probably, since I... I had to... If they only knew... They wouldn't understand the pain I feel anyway... Or would they?'

Baekhyun sighed tired as he sat with one of the co-managers and tried to concentrate on the songs and manuscript. It's a good manuscript to a good musical, yet he can't concentrate. He's too worked up at the moment and his mind feels a little messed up. Though everything is slowly getting into it's place again, even Baekhyun's feelings. Or he thinks so.

 

This is a great opportunity to get to know other members in SM entertainment Baekhyun. Both Kyuhyun from super junior and Sunny from SNSD will participate as well as Jay from TRAX's. Isn't it exciting for you?”
“I'm kind of nervous since they all are really good singers and actors.”
“You're going to do a great job as well, I promise. Now, let's go through part 1 once again before we can meet up the others.”

 

Baekhyun nodded as he tried to concentrate on work, but his mind still went off to other places from time to time. He wishes his mind could just settle down for a little while, only some minutes would be good.

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

So, how was your day?”
“Wow D.O, you're really chatty today.”
“What? I just feel like talking today.”
“Is it... because of me and Baekhyun not being together anymore?”

 

Chanyeol asked as D.O nodded slowly and almost scared. Chanyeol tried to smile a little as he looked out through the window. The co-manager left them alone and the chauffeur doesn't listen to them anyway, so they're safe.

 

When did you two... breakup?”
“When we fought for a couple of days ago.”
“Why did you breakup?”
“Haven't Baekhyun told you? He said he got tired of acting. He said that he doesn't feel anything for me anymore and that he just wanted to breakup.”
“Have you... heard the rumors that are going around now?”
“What rumors?”

 

D.O just looked away when Chanyeol tried to look him in the eyes. What kind of rumors is D.O talking about? Is it rumors about him and Baekhyun? Or rumors about only him? Or is it rumors about Baekhyun?

 

What rumors?”
“It's just rumors, don't take it seriously. Okay? You have to promise to not take it too seriously.”
“I promise I won't take it too seriously, just tell me what kind of rumors you-”

 

The car stopped as D.O sighed, which means that he won't tell Chanyeol what kind of rumors that is going around. D.O got out of the car as Chanyeol followed him fast. They both thanked the chauffeur before they turned to walk up to the dorm.

 

I won't tell you today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon enough. I will have to see if the rumors are true too.”
“At least tell me if it's about me or someone else.”
“It's about someone else.”
“Is it about you?”
“No, not at all.”
“Is it about Suho?”
“No.”
“Is it about Xiumin?”
“It's no one in EXO-M, that's something I can say.”
“Is it about... Kai?”
“There are plenty rumors about him, but it wasn't him I was thinking about.”
“Then it's about Sehun.”
“No, not Sehun either.”
“Then... It's about... Baekhyun.”
“Yeah, it's about Baekhyun.”

 

Chanyeol felt how he just nodded a little as D.O stopped outside the dorm door. Chanyeol smiled at the dwarf who looked up at him to make sure that he's okay. Chanyeol let D.O open the door as they stepped in and listened to the laughter from Sehun and Kai.

 

Yeah, he looked totally amazed! Like this!”
“Haha, really?”
“Kai got such a lovely laughter.”

 

D.O mostly mumbled to himself, yet Chanyeol heard him say it. Chanyeol smiled at D.O who looked warmly at Kai who saw him and smiled fast.

 

Hyungs, I got to tell you a story!”
“We're coming.”

 

Chanyeol got his jacket and shoes off before he walked in with D.O to the living room. Kai talked excited about his day and he told them about a producer who had passed him by and stopped to talk to him. He thought Kai was a fan who had sneaked into the studio, but when he got to know that it was Kai he talked to, he looked totally amazed at him.

 

Sounds like someone had fun today.”
“Yeah, it was really funny.”
“Have you eaten something?”
“Suho is out buying food for us all.”
“Is he going himself?”
“No, Xiumin and Tao followed him to help him.”
“Then why is it this empty?”
“Chen and Lay are still working, they won't be home till later. And Baekhyun went out.”

 

D.O suddenly looked kind of mad as the others stared surprised at him. Did D.O... have plans with Baekhyun? Chanyeol didn't dare to ask as D.O just sighed and tried to smile, but they all kind of got scared by D.O's sudden reaction to Baekhyun going out.

 

Well, if you guys don't mind, I want to go and play the guitar a little.”
“Do so, have fun.”

 

Chanyeol smiled as he got up of the couch and walked into his room. He wonders what kind of rumors there are about Baekhyun. Chanyeol gets a feeling that he won't like the rumors when he hears them, but who does like rumors? The rumors must be really positive to like them, else no one really likes rumors.

Chanyeol grabbed his guitar as he begun to play on it slowly. He tried to play the saddest song he could come up with, but in the end he got pretty depressed so he tried to cheer himself up with a more cheerful song.

Chanyeol suddenly remembered the time when he and Baekhyun got to perform on a radio interview. Chanyeol played the guitar and Baekhyun sang and he can't help to remember Baekhyun's passionate voice. Baekhyun sang with all he got and Chanyeol was so into Baekhyun that he almost played the song wrong.

Chanyeol smiled a little as he felt his heart ache a little. But he has begun to accept the fact that Baekhyun doesn't want to be together. Maybe it's because of work? Maybe Baekhyun doesn't like to live in secret like this all the time. Maybe Baekhyun just wants an open relationship without worrying about getting caught?

Chanyeol doesn't know what Baekhyun wants, but he knows what he wants. He wants Baekhyun back, but he doesn't know how. He feels sad and he just wants the boy to be his. He has to take it easy, to watch Baekhyun for a while. He has to try to get Baekhyun back, but slowly. He have to make a plan to make the boy fall for him again.

 


Ayo guys! Wazzup?! ^.^

Okay, so this fiction is pretty new and I still have some hard times writing it since I don't know how to really begun all those chapters, but now it is easier! I hope you enjoyed the chapter and will continue to support me with this new fiction! ^.^

Thank you all for your support this far! It's very well appreciated and I want to do my best to please you all! Subs, comments and upvotes are very well appreciated! But it's up to you, not a must though! ^.^

Else I just want to say that it's nice to have such great readers! Have fun and take care of yourselves until we meet next time! Have a nice day/night/morning/afternoon/evening! ^.^

Peace and love to you all! <3