Jealousy...?

My True Love

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

The weak morning light sneaks into the bedroom while the weak sound from the traffic echoes through the room. It's morning, but he doesn't want to move. He's busy with staring at the angelic face that is resting right besides him. The soft brown hair, the pale skin and the pink lips... Can someone even look this beautiful yet alluring at the same time? Well, he has proof right in front of him that it is possible to look like that and he loves the sight. He has missed this sight...

He listens to the weak sounds coming from around him. The others have already decided to go up and get ready for the day and the traffic is already getting louder. He knows that soon he will have to wake Baekhyun up and he will have to say goodbye to this lovely sight and this lovely moment. He will have to wait to be with Baekhyun like this for a while, though he won't let this distance between them last for very long. No, now he knows who the culprit is and he won't stay still.

A gentle knock echoes through the room and before Chanyeol can react, the door gets opened. His heart beats a little nervously since a couple of seconds he thought it would be their manager, but to his relief it isn't. Kai carefully peeks his head inside and stops dead when he sees the sleeping Baekhyun besides Chanyeol who smiling sleepily. He definitely wants to question the situation, but he decides to let them be for now.

 

I just came to say that the breakfast will be ready in 15 minutes. Get ready till then, okay?”
“Okay... Give me just a minute or two.”

 

Kai nods before he closes the door and leaves. Chanyeol sighs silently after Kai has left before he turns his eyes back to Baekhyun. He smiles for himself before he gently begins to play with Baekhyun's soft hair. He doesn't want to break this wonderful feeling he has, but they can't stay here. They have a job to do and someone they have to keep an eye on. Which reminds him: he should tell the others about their manager.

 

Baekhyun... Baekhyun-ah... Come on, wake up.”
“Mm...? What it is...? It's too early...”

 

Chanyeol feels how he laughs lightly while shaking Baekhyun gently. Eventually Baekhyun finally opens his eyes and stares slightly pissed and tired at him. Of course Chanyeol can only smile stupidly and lets Baekhyun wake up a little more before he dares to open his mouth.

 

Good morning sleeping beauty. I'm sorry, but it's time to go up. The breakfast will be ready in 13 minutes or so. With other words, you better wake up now.”
“I don't want to wake up... I don't want to go up...”

 

Baekhyun buries his face against the pillow and groans tired. He was exhausted last night, but Chanyeol had no idea he was this exhausted. He gently plays with Baekhyun's hair a little longer before he sighs out loud: they don't have time for this and they both know that. Maybe Baekhyun doesn't want to go up because he knows that they will have to return to their current daily lives where they can't be close or seen alone?

 

Baekhyun, I know that you hate early mornings, but we can't ignore the fact that it is morning. You have to go up now before I have to drag you out of the room.”
“Then drag me out... I refuse to move on my own...”
“Are you sure that you want that? Everyone will see you leaving my room if-”
“Fine, I will go on my own... But only for this time...”

 

Chanyeol chuckles while he watches Baekhyun sit up slowly while yawing loudly. He looks like he can fall asleep right on the spot and his hair is standing out in every direction you can think of. Another chuckles escapes Chanyeol's mouth as he smiles brightly at Baekhyun who only groans.

 

Even your smile is too bright for me in the morning...”
“Haha, I'm sorry, you just look so cute with your morning hair.”

 

Baekhyun only shakes his head before he drags his body off the bed and walks towards the door. Is he just going to leave like that? Chanyeol quickly gets up and hurries to stop Baekhyun from leaving the room. The shorter man looks confused at Chanyeol who blocks the door with his body while smiling down at him.

 

Yah, what do you want? I got up just like you told me, so let me get ready.”
“Hey, I'm the one who should complain. Isn't there something you have forgotten?”

 

Baekhyun only stares at Chanyeol in silence for a while before he smiles one of his delightful smiles. Chanyeol swears, all the butterflies in his stomach wakes up once more while seeing Baekhyun smile at him. This is something he has also missed a lot during the time he thought Baekhyun actually didn't like him.

 

I'm sorry... I-I didn't know if you would want anything like that, after all... I-I haven't been very nice towards you for a while and I thought-”
“I don't care about that, I already know that it wasn't the real you back then.”
“Though... Chanyeol... I... I don't want to kiss you until I'm free from Taeyeon.”
“W-What? B-But I thought you said-?”
“I do dislike Taeyeon from time to time, but I still respect her. Besides, that woman will probably be able to tell if I have kissed someone or not.”
“But she won't notice something this simple-”
“Chanyeol, I don't want to hurt her more than necessary. Don't misunderstand, I'm not in love with her. But I still respect her as my noona, as a friend and as a great singer.”
“I see... That's a little annoying to be honest... You know, it's really hard for me to not pretend that I'm not jealous. Actually, I'm really pissed now.”
“I'm sorry, but I know that deep down you wouldn't want me to do that to you if you were in her situation. After all, it looks like she's actually in love with me and I can't give her my heart because it already belongs to someone else.”
“Then break up with her. If you're not in love with her, then why are you still-?”
“Yah, are you seriously scolding me as jealous you are? Remember that I still have a reason why I can't do anything I want at the moment.”

 

Chanyeol falls silent the moment Baekhyun snaps back at him. For a while he totally forgot the situation Baekhyun is in and he lost himself to his jealousy. Shame washes over him: he didn't mean to say everything he was thinking out loud. Seriously, how jealous can he be? On the other hand... He has been patient for a very long time and it is hard to hold himself back at the moment.

 

I'm sorry... I... I forgot for a moment about your situation...”
“I know, that's why I snapped back at you so you could calm down.”

 

Baekhyun smiles before he puts his arms around Chanyeol's waist and smiles up at him. This idiot, he makes Chanyeol want to kiss him so badly. Is he teasing him because he got too jealous? Maybe this is Baekhyun's way to punish him at the moment?

 

I'm sorry that I can't kiss you, but I can at least give you a hug.”
“It's not enough... But I won't complain for now.”
“Come on, we better get out before someone come to fetch us.”

 

Baekhyun lets go off Chanyeol before he opens the door and carefully peeks his head out. When no one is around or sees him, he silently sneaks out of the room and Chanyeol casually walks after him. There is no point for Baekhyun to sneak away from his room, Kai has already seen them together. Though, he probably doesn't know that since he was sleeping. Oh well, Chanyeol will let him believe that no one saw them for now.

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

The whole morning went by quickly. In the dorm they all got ready to leave and Baekhyun kept a small distance between him and Chanyeol, though he couldn't help but to notice how Chanyeol tried to sneak over to him from time to time. After breakfast, the cars came to pick them up to take them to their first practice in the morning before they will go to an interview.

Of course Baekhyun is still sleepy the whole morning. He was quite exhausted last night when he came home and on top of that, he stayed up a little longer with Chanyeol. He's not complaining about getting some alone time with Chanyeol, but he wishes he could have gotten some alone time with him on a day when he wouldn't be as exhausted he was yesterday. On the other hand, he was lucky that Taeyeon let him go home early.

Which suddenly reminds him: how is Taeyeon doing? Yesterday he left her still crying with one of her friends. He didn't mean to hurt her feelings, but she was the one who rushed to get them move in together. It's not his fault that she got hurt, right? Though, there might have been another way for him to tell her how he felt. Maybe he was too harsh with her? Maybe he shouldn't have been as straight forward as he was? On the other hand, she wouldn't listen to him if he didn't tell her how he felt right away.

 

What are you thinking about?”

 

Baekhyun wakes up from his thoughts and looks confused around. Ah, that's right, they're busy with preparing for the interview. Chen stares curiously at him which makes him realize that he has been talking with him, but Baekhyun didn't pay any attention to him or anyone else in the room at the moment.

 

Ah sorry, I happen to space out for a moment. What did you say?”
“I asked you what you were thinking about. You looked quite funny for a while, almost like you were arguing with yourself.”
“O-Oh, really? Well, I was just thinking about something insignificant anyway.”

 

Chen nods slowly, though he doesn't look too convinced. Well, it doesn't matter to Baekhyun if Chen believes him or not, there is only one person he needs to fool at the moment and that person is their manager. Though he's currently not here, without he's at a meeting with the other managers and the CEO. It looks like he won't be here for a while, but Baekhyun shouldn't let his guard down in case he will suddenly show up out of nowhere.

 

So, I heard that you went out last night even though you were exhausted. Was it something important so you had to go or did you promise to meet someone?”
“You are awfully chatty today Chen, it's not like you to talk to me. Have you hit your head?”

 

Baekhyun smiles teasingly at Chen who chuckles, though he knows that Baekhyun is trying to avoid the topic. Right now he doesn't feel like talking about Taeyeon or anything else that involves his problems.

 

I went out for a bit, that's all. What did you do last night?”
“Xiumin hyung.”
“W-What?!”
“Haha, I was just joking! Your reaction was priceless!”
“Yah, don't use me to mess around like that!”

 

Xiumin glares at Chen who winks teasingly at him. Baekhyun holds in a sigh and only smiles at them: he has absolutely no idea what to say or what do at the moment. He knows very well that he and Chanyeol could pretend to flirt with each other to joke around like Chen and Xiumin, but he wouldn't dare to do that now. It makes him slightly pissed to know that he can't do whatever he wants without being blackmailed or threatened.

 

So, how is Taeyeon doing? Is she still alright? You met with her last night, right?”

 

Kyungsoo suddenly decides to into the conversation and Baekhyun knows why. He wants to make sure that everyone still knows that Baekhyun is still that “betrayer” who played with Chanyeol's heart until he found someone else. Though, it's definitely not like they think.

 

She's doing just fine. Apparently she's very busy, like us.”
“Okay guys, can we please try to prepare the interview properly this time.”

 

Suho finally stops everyone from asking stupid questions and they all get back to work. Baekhyun is really thankful that Suho noticed how he begun to feel uncomfortable, he didn't want to answer any more questions at the moment. Though, he gets a feeling that he won't be able to get away from those questions for the rest of the day.

 

***

 

Good work today boys! Your manager will be seeing you later, but for now you're supposed to keep practicing for the showcase that is next week. Please keep working hard, but try to avoid getting any injuries. You're on your own for now, but we know you will do well. If you slack off, we will find out about it right away.”
“Don't worry, I will make sure they're keeping at it.”
“Good, then we will leave it to you to keep them in control Suho.”

 

Suho nods understanding while the others glance at each other in slight confusion. Something must have happened since they're left alone. Usually they're surrounded by managers and coordinators or other staff members who will help them out, but not today. For once, which they find weird, they're supposed to practice alone. The co-manager to the group finally leaves the room and they all exchange a couple of more glances before Chen opens his mouth to break the weird silence.

 

So, we're just supposed to dance and practice like usual all alone?”
“I guess that is what we're supposed to do. You guys heard the co-manager.”
“Why isn't our manager here yet? I mean, he did say he was going to be away during the morning, but it's already afternoon and soon evening.”
“Guys, I know you're confused and curious, but please get going for now. He will explain everything when he comes to us later. For now, practice like we always do and if we finish early with good results, I will treat everyone for dinner.”
“Really?! That's great! Everyone, let's get going! Hurry! We get free food!”
“Xiumin, calm down a little-”
“No! Free food means hard work! Come on guys! Let's dance!”

 

Xiumin begins to push everyone around, but he avoids Baekhyun which is a slight relief. Instead he grabs Chen and pushes Sehun at the same time while he walks towards the practice room. Suho chuckles and follows him shortly, though there is a smile on his lips which indicates that he's rather satisfied with his plan to make everyone work hard. Baekhyun decides to walk in the back of the group: he's not in the mood to get involved with Chen's screaming and Xiumin's pushing. Though, both Kai and Lay seem rather excited to get started with the dancing and are walking along with them without any complains. The only one who seems to be complaining is Chen.

Suho suddenly stops and looks right at Baekhyun who nearly stops. Is he staring at him or someone behind him? Before he can check if there is someone behind him, Suho walks over to him and grabs his arm and pulls him to the side. Everyone is busy with entering the practice room and even Chanyeol seems busy with arguing with Kai about something with chicken or pizza to dinner. Suho gives Baekhyun a serious look and pulls him along with him and makes sure they're some meters away from the practice room, but also away from the other rooms near them. He then lets out a small sigh and lets go of the puzzled Baekhyun.

 

I'm sorry if I startled you Baekhyun, I'm not here to scold you. Though, if someone comes by, I will pretend to scold you.”
“O-Okay... B-But what is wrong? I mean... W-Why are you suddenly-?”
“I... I heard a strange rumor earlier today and I... I'm starting to get worried. I'm sorry if this will make you uncomfortable, but I must ask: is someone blackmailing you?”

 

The questions does startled him a little and the way Suho stares at him is literally saying what he's thinking: I know the rumor isn't false, I just need you to say it. But... But if he says something, then things will get complicated... He tries to chuckle and smiles silly at his leader and hyung who is obviously worried about him.

 

Blackmailing? What are you talking about? Haha, that's-”
“I heard from a sunbae that you have been blackmailed... Baekhyun-ah... Tell me, is it true or not? I need to know.”
“Why do you need to know? I mean, it's not like you can do anything about it-”
“Is that why you're with Taeyeon? Is she the one blackmailing you?”
“Suho, stop it. Please, this is not...”

 

He can't help but to begin to look around nervously and Suho begins to understand that this is not the right time nor place to talk about it. But who the hell told Suho about he blackmailing? A sunbae did that? Who? Which sunbae? They have too many of them! He wants to ask him for the truth right away, but there is a chance that someone is eavesdropping on them. He can't risk it... He grabs Suho and pulls him close and whispers carefully into his ear while making sure that no one is seeing them.

 

Listen, I can't talk about it... Forget about it for now and let's get going. I'm glad you noticed something is wrong, but please don't bring it up so carelessly...”

 

He then lets go of Suho who can only nod slightly before they begin to walk towards the practice room. When they get inside they notice that everyone has started practicing without them and they quickly try to find their positions to practice with them. Though, after his conversation with Suho, it feels like he can't focus fully on the dance nor the moves. In the end he just struggles to go along with everyone and hopes that no one will scold him or force them to stay longer to practice more because of him.

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Suho and Baekhyun took their time to enter the practice room, they both even decided to go away and talk for themselves. What are they doing? Kai and Lay decides to get things started without them, since Xiumin is whining about food and Chen is whining because Xiumin is annoying towards him. Kyungsoo gives them both an annoyed glare and everyone shuts up. Though, Chanyeol himself is busy with staring out through the door and sees something that is rather unpleasant.

Annoyance fills him and the urge to run out of the room and over to Suho and Baekhyun overwhelms him. What are they doing?! He sees Baekhyun grab Suho's collar and leans closer to him. He can't see what they're doing, but he can't help but to get pissed. What the-? What is Baekhyun doing with Suho? Why are they so... close...? Is he... k-kissing him...?

 

Chanyeol, come on now! Let's get started! If you don't come soon, I will kick you!”

 

Kyungsoo's voice snaps him back to the reality and he hurries to get in position to not get kicked by the deadly Satansoo. Though, his mind keeps traveling back to the picture of Suho and Baekhyun standing so close and he couldn't see what they were doing. On the other hand, why would Baekhyun even want to kiss him? He couldn't even give him a kiss this morning because he felt sorry for Taeyeon and would hurt her feelings. Or... Was that... a lie...?

They keep dancing and working hard until Suho stops them and lets out a heavy sigh. He looks over at Chanyeol and Baekhyun and then points at them: it's obvious he's not happy with them. He gestures for them to come over to him before he sends everyone else out and tells them it's enough for today. Xiumin and Chen are fast to get out to shower and get ready to leave while Kai and Sehun put their arms around Kyungsoo and try to not piss him off more than necessary. Lay looks like he wants to dance even more, but luckily he understands that he can't stay here any longer at the moment and hurries after Kai, Sehun and Kyungsoo to join them.

When only Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Suho are left in the room, Suho decides to open his mouth and give them both a strict glare. It's not often Suho puts on his leader face, but when he does, he often has something serious to talk about. He gets a feeling that he already knows what Suho will tell them.

 

Both of you, what were you doing today? You spaced out the whole time and nearly knocked everyone over. Actually, I think you two should stay behind and practice an hour extra today. I will tell the manager that you two need-”
“W-Wait a minute, you were the one who made me lose focus! It's not fair that-”
“Baekhyun... I'm trying to give you two a reason to be alone and talk things out. I get a feeling that you still have a lot to talk about and this room is closed and-”
“Wait a minute, we can't be here. If someone finds out that we're here alone, things will get bad for Baekhyun.”
“Wait, Chanyeol, you know about his situation? I thought you said you didn't know anything about it except that he's having a hard time.”
“Y-You told him?!”
“I didn't say anything to him except that they shouldn't pick on you! But you and Suho seem to be awfully close out of nowhere, so it doesn't matter if I say anything or not...”
“W-What are you talking about? We have always been close, right Suho?”
“Yeah, close enough to even cheat on me twice...”
“What are you talking about? Is it your jealousy again? Yah, what is wrong with you?”
“You kissed him, didn't you?! I saw you two! You were obviously getting close to-”
“Whisper in his ear! I whispered in his ear to make sure no one would hear us!”

 

Chanyeol falls silent the moment Baekhyun snaps at him. Did he... only whisper... to Suho...? But he grabbed his collar... He leaned so close... It really looked like something else. He glances over at Suho who struggles to not burst out in laughter, but at the same time he sees a small annoyance growing in his eyes. After a couple of seconds, shame washes over him as he stares down at the floor. Suho lets them have a silent moment before he clears his throat and even lets out a small sigh by mistake.

 

You two... I'm getting really tired of this game... It looks like I have no other choice... You two won't leave this room until you tell me right here and now what is going on.”
“I can't... I... I don't dare too...”
“Suho, please don't bring it up here. You don't understand-”
“Then make me understand. Can you write a text message to me or something?”
“No... That's too risky... We can't do it anywhere where we usually are...”
“Then... Go and get changed. Act like nothing has happened and join the others. I will think of something and I won't do anything reckless this time. You're dismissed.”

 

Both Baekhyun and Chanyeol nod before they hurry out of the room with Suho following them slowly. Chanyeol glances down on Baekhyun and hesitates slightly: maybe he should apologize to him after he misunderstood what Baekhyun and Suho did earlier? Before he can say anything, they run right into someone who he knows that Baekhyun wouldn't want to meet. There she stands, no other than Taeyeon, Baekhyun's supposed-to-be girlfriend. She gives them all a warm smile and for a moment, annoyance washes over him. Suho can tell that he's getting pissed only by looking at him and he hurries to step up before something bad happens.

 

Sunbae-nim! Long time no seen! Look at you, you're as beautiful as always! How are you sunbae-nim? Are you doing well? Are you healthy?”
“Joonmyun, it really was a while ago since I last saw you. I'm doing well. Baekhyun-ah, I'm glad that I run into you. Can I have you for a moment please?”
“Of course, I just thought I could take a shower-”
“I could need you right away, like right now. Please.”

 

More and more annoyance fills him when he sees how Taeyeon stares tenderly at Baekhyun who is struggling to come up with an excuse to say no. This is the moment where he's supposed to step in, but he can't. He feels how Baekhyun is holding him back with one hand while standing in front of him with a huge smile.

 

Okay, I will come right away. The practice room behind us is empty right now. Is it okay if we talk there?”

 

Taeyeon nod with a smile and quickly grabs one of Baekhyun's hands before she pulls him away from him. Suho quickly puts a hand on Chanyeol's shoulder and tries to stop him from turning around to stop them. He can't allow this any longer! He's too jealous, he can't take it! Baekhyun is his and his only! He can't allow that damn Taeyeon to take him away from him again!

 

Chanyeol, don't even think about it. Come on, we still have to go to the others.”
“Wait, I can't just let her-”
“I don't care, right now she needs to talk to him. I know how you feel, but right now you're in no position to take him away from her.”

 

It annoys him so much and it's pissing him off more than anything else. If he could, he would run right over to Baekhyun, grab him and kiss him right in front of Taeyeon and tell her to off. But since Suho is here, he can't do that. Instead he gets dragged away and soon the others come to help Suho remove him from his precious Baekhyun. He's more than jealous by now, he's desperate. That's it, he will make sure to tell Suho what the hell is going on, with or without Baekhyun's permission! Though, would he dare to say anything here or should he wait...?

 

 


Ayo guys! Wazzup? ^.^

So I have been able to write a little more on my fictions now, but it's mostly because I have been sick for a whole week and gotten time to do something else. I'm also sorry that I haven't updated in a while, but I will try to get back to it! ^.^

I want to thank you all for your love and support! I will try to update as often as I can! If you like what you read, make sure to subscribe, upvote and share it with a friend! You can also leave a small comment and tell me your thoughts! ^.^

Peace and love to you all! <3