Back To Normal?

My True Love

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Chanyeol yawns tired as he exits his room slowly. Baekhyun glances over at him carefully while the giant makes his way towards the kitchen to eat breakfast. Kyungsoo and Lay are running around in the kitchen and are busy with preparing the food. The rest of the dorm members are busy with taking a shower or getting dressed.

 

Good morning...”

 

Chanyeol sits down by the breakfast table and leans his head against his open palm while his elbow rests against the table. Baekhyun carefully gets up of the couch he's sleeping on and silently walks over to the breakfast table. Even though he and Chanyeol have talked and understood each other a little bit, Baekhyun can't help but to feel a little awkward around him.

 

Good morning Chanyeol.”

 

Chanyeol smiles towards Baekhyun and quickly pats the empty spot beside him. Kyungsoo stares a little skeptical at Baekhyun who isn't sure what to do. Kyungsoo and the others must think he's stupid and arrogant, while Chanyeol knows that something is wrong.

 

Good morning Baekhyun. Are you hungry?”
“Not that much... I think I will get ready before eating.”
“Are you sure?”
“Mm... I am.”

 

Baekhyun leaves the kitchen and hurries to find his closet. He searches through his closet carefully and picks out a simple but stylish outfit for the day. If he doesn't remember wrong, today he's supposed to practice for the musical he's going to do with a couple of other singers. He can't help to wonder what the others will be doing during his time away, though it shouldn't really matter to him. He will be doing his rehearsal for the musical the whole day, the others will probably have their own individual schedules as well.

After getting dressed in his clothes, Baekhyun decides to get his hair done. He borrows one of the bathrooms and tries to fix his hair as good as possible. It takes time for his messy and very wild hair to finally get into order, but when he's done he looks quite okay.

 

Baekhyun-ah, are you coming to eat?”

 

Baekhyun turns around surprised when a deep voice echoes through the bathroom. He stares at Chanyeol who smiles kindly at him. How did he get in here?! Oh, that's right, Chanyeol can pick lock the doors. Baekhyun lets out a small sigh as he tries to calm his beating heart. What is he supposed to say? He's not very hungry and after everything that has happened between him and the others, he's not sure if he wants to eat at the breakfast table with the others being there.

 

I-I'm not going to eat today.”
“What? Why not?”
“I'm not very hungry...”
“Yah, don't say that. At least drink some yoghurt. Remember, it's a long day today. We got a lot of practice to do and you have important rehearsals for the musical.”
“I'm fine Chanyeol, really.”
“Hey... Is it about... the whole thing that happened yesterday?”

 

Chanyeol quickly enters the bathroom and closes the door. Baekhyun feels a little uncomfortable by now, but he tries to not think too much about it. If the manager comes by and sees Chanyeol and Baekhyun exit the bathroom like this, he will definitely become suspicious. With other words, more trouble and even more problems.

 

Listen, everyone understands that you're not yourself right now. Kyungsoo might be a little harsh and the others might not talk too much to you, but after we tell them everything-”
“It's not like that... I'm fine.”
“You're such a bad liar... Come here, your hair is popping up again.”

 

Chanyeol walks over to Baekhyun and gently pushes his hair down. His fingers moves through Baekhyun's hair and carefully fixes it for him. It's weird and strange that Chanyeol can let go of an important topic and just act like nothing has happened within a second. Baekhyun doesn't understand how he can do it so easily, for him it's much harder than that.

 

There, it's much better now. It's not that you didn't look good before I fixed your hair, it just looks more professional now.”
“Chanyeol... Thank you.”
“Let's go and eat breakfast, together.”

 

Baekhyun doesn't get the chance to hesitate before Chanyeol grabs one of his hands and exits the bathroom. He gently pulls Baekhyun with him as they walk out of the bathroom and over to the kitchen where everyone else are eating breakfast.

 

Good morning everyone.”

 

Chanyeol smiles happily as he sits down on his seat and pulls Baekhyun over to the chair besides his. Baekhyun silently sits down on the chair while everyone keep eating and talking like nothing is wrong. It's weird but the atmosphere is actually normal for once, not even Kyungsoo is glaring at him.

 

Would you like some rice Baekhyun?”
“Uhm... Anything is fine.”

 

Baekhyun smiles slightly towards Kyungsoo who smiles back. Everything feels normal, which is weird. Don't they dislike him? He has been rude and arrogant towards them all, yet they're all so nice towards him now. Is this really alright? Baekhyun tries to not think too much about it as Kyungsoo serves him something to eat with a small smile on his lips. Once again Baekhyun hears his inner voice echoing inside of his head: Is this really alright?

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Chanyeol makes sure that Baekhyun eats something before he dares to start eating himself. The others at he table pretend like nothing has happened, which he had asked them too. He isn't sure what is going on, but something is telling him that something big is going on behind his back. After last night, he's 100 percent sure that something is bothering Baekhyun, something big and very important.

 

So, what do we have for plans today?”
“Individual activities.”
“Oh, so that means we won't see each other that much today?”
“I'm afraid so. The manager won't come by today, he had to meet a couple of other managers.”
“So he will be away for the whole day?”
“Yes, but the co-managers and assistants will come by and pick us up.”
“Does anyone know what I'm supposed to do today?”
“Sehun, you're going to have a photo shoot with Chanyeol, remember?”
“Oh... That's right.”

 

Chanyeol smiles at the sleepy Sehun, he really dislikes mornings. Baekhyun sits silently by the able while he's eating his breakfast. Chanyeol glances down at the boy from time to time, but nothing changes. Baekhyun isn't looking happy, but he's not looking burdened either. It's really hard to tell what he's thinking.

Everyone talks and eats like nothing is wrong, but they all can sense it. They all can sense the weird atmosphere and the strange feeling in the air. Something is definitely wrong, even though everyone is acting like nothing is going on. Chanyeol eats his food in silence from now and on, he wants to spend his time thinking while he can. But he doesn't stop sneaking glances down at Baekhyun, after all it was a long time ago he could stare at his lovely puppy like this without him noticing.

 

***

 

Hyung, you're rather silent today.”

 

Chanyeol wakes up from his thoughts as he stares dumbly at Sehun. Did he say something? What did he say? He doesn't want to be rude towards the maknae (Sehun) who is his best friend (if you don't count Baekhyun), but he seriously didn't pay him any attention just now. What did he say now again?

 

Sorry, what did you say?”
“I said that you're rather silent today. Is everything alright?”
“Oh, I'm alright, don't worry about me. I'm just spacing out a lot today.”
“Yah, everyone knows that when you're silent, then something is wrong.”
“Let's not talk about it here.”

 

Sehun wants to protest, but shuts up when he sees where Chanyeol is looking. At the other side of the room stand a group of photographers and makeup artist, they're all busy with preparing the photo shoot. Chanyeol lets out a small sigh as he leans back in his chair.

 

It will be a long day today... I'm not in the mood for this.”
“Come on hyung, we need to look good.”
“Yah, I'm already looking good.”
“Shut it, you need to show off your handsome photo skills.”

 

Chanyeol chuckles as Sehun begins to and joke around. Sometimes Chanyeol is really grateful towards Sehun, because no matter what happens, he will try to cheer him up. Chanyeol is usually the one who is the cheerful member who keeps everyone happy and cheered up, but sometimes even he can need someone who helps him. Even he can need someone to cheer him up.

 

Sehun... You're such a dork.”
“Shut up hyung!”

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Okay folks, let's do this one more time!”
“From the beginning?”
“From the beginning! This musical needs to be perfect!”

 

Baekhyun tries to not sigh as he gets ready for the third rehearsal. They have been going through the whole musical twice already, but everyone is still making small mistakes. Baekhyun needs to get sharped as well before someone starts scolding like they do towards the others.

 

We will take 20 minutes break before the third rehearsal! Please rest and make sure that you're ready to go in 20 minutes! We will start with the first act in exactly 21 minutes!”

 

Baekhyun sits down on a chair and enjoys a cold drink while waiting for the third rehearsal to begin. Usually on a normal day he would pick up his phone and text Chanyeol and annoy him a little, but not today. The more he thinks back on his past and the life he used to have, the more depressed he starts feeling.

 

Are you alright Mr Byun?”

 

Baekhyun looks up to find one of the co-stars. He smiles towards the young and quite beautiful woman, but on the inside he's terrified. What if Taeyeon finds out about this? The woman and Baekhyun haven't done anything wrong, but Taeyeon is awfully jealous. Not that it usually matters to him, but he doesn't need another problem to pop up right now.

 

I'm alright. How are you?”
“Oh I'm fine, just a little nervous.”
“Is this your first time doing a musical?”
“Yes and it's a little scary. I'm scared to mess something up.”
“Don't worry, I think you're the one who's doing the best out of all of us.”
“Is this your first time too? I mean, you're used to singing, but a musical is different.”
“This is my first official musical, so I'm also a little nervous.”
“Then let's work together! Fighting!”
“Haha, that's right! Fighting!”
“I will go and prepare myself for the third rehearsal. See you in a while.”

 

Baekhyun smiles at the woman before she leaves. She was a nice and rather bright, a little like Chanyeol. He suddenly thinks back to last night and the conversation he had with Chanyeol. Will everything be alright now? Baekhyun isn't sure why, but he gets the feeling that there is still a long way to go before he can truly feel relieved.

 

We start the third rehearsal in 8 minutes! So get ready people!”

 

Baekhyun tries to snap out of his thoughts as he gets up of his chair. He joins the others to get ready for their third and hopefully last rehearsal for today. Right now he shouldn't worry about his own problems. Right now he's going to be another person. Right now he has to pretend that everything is perfectly fine.

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Hyung... I'm tired...”

 

Chanyeol sighs tired as he glances down at his phone. The time is around 9 pm and he and Sehun are finally on their way back home to the dorm. It has been a long day where they have been doing mostly photo shooting the whole day.

 

I won't complain too much, but I think we're doing too much work right now.”
“I know the feeling...”

 

Chanyeol mostly mumbles as he closes his eyes. He wants to go home and see the others. He wants to go home, hug Baekhyun and kiss him on the forehead like he used to do. He wants to sneak into his and Baekhyun's bedroom and spend some y lone time with him and Baekhyun only. He wants to cuddle with Baekhyun, hug him, kiss him and tell him about his long day.

There is so much he wants to do, but he knows very well that it won't happen. He knows that sadly enough he's not together with Baekhyun anymore and right now Baekhyun isn't himself. It hurts to know that Baekhyun might not like him anymore, but he still wants to believe that Baekhyun is just not himself at the moment.

 

Hyung... Are you alright?”
“I'm fine Sehun.”
“You suddenly look-”
“I don't want to hear. Please...”

 

Chanyeol sighs once again as he leans back in the car seat. After a couple of minutes of silence, the car finally stops as Sehun lightly shakes one of Chanyeol's shoulders. Are they back at the dorm yet?

 

Hyung, we're home. Come on, let's get going.”

 

Chanyeol nods as he steps out of the car. They both walk together towards the entrance of their apartment building while making sure that no fans see them. They manage to get inside and up to their dorm without any problem, which is a relief.

 

We're home! Anyone else here?!”

 

Sehun kicks off his shoes before he more or less runs into the dorm. Chanyeol takes of his shoes and jacket before he joins Sehun. To both his and Sehun's surprise they find Kyungsoo, Baekhyun's and Suho sit on the couch with a cup of tea each. They're not talking very much, but the fact that Kyungsoo isn't glaring at Baekhyun is weird. What has happened?

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Baekhyun enters the dorm while letting out a heavy sigh. He takes off his shoes and puts his jacket away before he drags himself into the living room. His throat is slightly soar after singing over and over again, but they're finally done with the rehearsals for the musical. With other words, in only a couple of days they will have to perform the musical.

 

You're home early.”

 

Baekhyun looks up to find Suho stand in the living room. He's busy with holding a book in his hand while Kyungsoo peeks his head out of the kitchen. A wave of nervousness and shame washes over him as he nods slowly towards Suho. Now when Chanyeol isn't around, will they act like nothing has happened or will they say something about his arrogant behavior?

 

Did the rehearsal go well? You look exhausted.”
“It... It went alright, I think. Though I could have done better.”
“Are you saying that you didn't do anything good on purpose or...?”
“I... I spaced out too much today and forgot small details.”
“Well, everyone can space out from time to time. I'm just glad that you're back home without any crazy fans after you.”
“Crazy fans...? Around here?”
“Haven't you heard?”

 

Kyungsoo comes out of the kitchen with a teapot in his hands. Suho and Kyungsoo sit down on the couches and gestures Baekhyun to do the same. It's weird but they both act like nothing has happened between them. Baekhyun feel slightly relieved that they haven't tried to scold him just yet.

 

Would you like some tea Baekhyun?”
“Y-Yes please, that would be lovely.”
“I will fetch you a cup.”
“Thank you.”

 

Kyungsoo fetches three teacups before he sits down on the couch again. Suho pours up the tea and continues to talk about the crazy fans like he usually would do.

 

The other day we got a report of many fans sneaking around here at night. It wasn't too long ago when I accidentally bumped into a couple of them, but I was lucky that they didn't recognize me in the dark.”
“When you said that you would take the buss or walk home the other night, we all thought that it wouldn't go well.”
“When I heard from Xiumin that Chanyeol went to fetch you, I just couldn't go to bed.”
“I'm sorry, I must have kept you awake for long.”
“Well, you're alright and I'm alright. I talked to the manager today and he said that we might need to move to a new dorm soon and on top of that, he wants to split the group into two so we all won't live under one roof.”
“W-What? Since when did he want to do that?”
“I know it's a little sudden, but he thinks everything will get better if we split up.”
“Have he told you... the groups?”
“No, not yet. But I get a weird feeling that he won't split us like he usually does.”

 

Baekhyun stares down at the floor as he tries to not freak out. Has their manager found out about him and Chanyeol meeting alone last night?! Baekhyun falls silent and stares down at his cup. Both Kyungsoo and Suho are silent too, but they're not looking weirdly at him or showing him any pity. They don't seem to know what is going on behind their backs, though Baekhyun isn't sure if he knows about everything that is going on as well.

 

We're home! Anyone else here?!”

 

Baekhyun looks up to find Sehun nearly come running into the room. Chanyeol walks behind him and they both stop to stare at the three young men sitting on the couch with a teacup each. Baekhyun looks down on his cup again as he struggles to hide his anxious face. What if things go to hell because he met Chanyeol last night?

 

Welcome back home. Would you like some tea?”

 

Chanyeol and Sehun shake their heads to a reply, but they don't leave them alone. Sehun sits down between Kyungsoo and Suho while Chanyeol walks over to Baekhyun and sits beside him. Baekhyun can feel Chanyeol's warmth and the urge of wanting to cuddle up against Chanyeol becomes harder.

 

So, how was your day today?”
“Wonderful! A lot of work and a lot of food!”
“Sehun was treated a lot of bubble tea because he looks too skinny.”

 

Kyungsoo chuckles while Suho scolds Sehun slightly. Drinking only bubble tea isn't good, but Sehun doesn't seem to care. Baekhyun sips on his tea while he feels Chanyeol's eyes on him. He probably wants to talk, but Baekhyun isn't sure if he really should tell him the truth. After hearing their manager's new plan, he doesn't think telling Chanyeol the truth is such a good idea.

 

So, how have your day been Baekhyun?”
“Long... Tiring...”
“When is the musical now again?”
“This weekend, on Saturday night.”

 

The others nod a little before they try to talk again. Baekhyun can suddenly feel how his phone begins to vibrate in his pocket as he carefully fishes it up. He stares at the screen and sighs tired when he sees who has text him. Taeyeon is not very happy today and the first thing she writes to him is to get his over to her apartment. What a wonderful day, isn't it?

 

 


Ayo guys! I'm back! ^.^

So another chapter has been uploaded and I admit, it was a while since I updated last. I hope you guys enjoyed reading the chapter and that you will share your opinion about the fiction! I appreciate all the feedback I get! ^.^

I want to thank you all for reading and supporting me. I love you guys a lot and your support is the only thing that keep me going. Thank you all for reading and for supporting me. If you like what you read, leave an upvote and share the fiction with a friend! Thank you once again and take care until next time! ^.^

Peace to you all! <3