If They Knew

My True Love

Chapter 5

If They Knew

Baekhyun's P.O.V

~”Ah, Baekhyun, there you are. We have talked with Taeyeon, she would love to meet you today after work. Do you mind?”
“J-Just like that?”
“It was actually she who asked us to meet you.”
“O-Oh, t-then I don't mind. A-After all, s-she's Taeyeon.”
“Don't mess this up.”~

 

Baekhyun sat and repeated his conversation with his manager when they talked a week ago. He remember his meeting with Taeyeon. She's a really beautiful and kind woman and she's a part of SNSD, which is amazing. But because of the situation, Baekhyun is still a little unstable. Right now he only meets her as co-worker. They go out and watch a movie or eats something, but they only talk to be honest.

 

~“So, Jessica has talked a lot with me lately about her troubles. It's not that unusual, but she's talking like she wants to leave the group. I don't want her to leave, but right now she says she wants to enjoy the time with us.”
“It's sad when people wants to leave the group, both Kris and Luhan left us after all. I can understand your concern, but it's better to let her go and do what she wants to do. After all, never keep a bird trapped in a cage if it isn't happy.”
“You're right. I never thought you could be so understanding Baekhyun.”
“T-Thank you noona, it's an honor to hear that.”
“Please, don't think of me as Taeyeon from SNSD, think of me more like... your date.”
“M-My date? Oh, y-you want to go out for a real date?”

 

Taeyeon smiled this mysterious smile as Baekhyun smiled a little back at her. Like he said, he totally respects Taeyeon as an artist and he thinks she's really beautiful and all, but he doesn't want her to be... his girlfriend.

 

Let's go, let me drive you home Baekhyun.”
“Thank you noona.”

 

Baekhyun got up and followed Taeyeon out of the restaurant. They both are so called disguised, which seems to work quite a lot. There isn't that many people around right now and they both work hard to not talk to loud or act like they usually do.

Baekhyun followed Taeyeon to her car as they got inside. Taeyeon sighed out as she turned to Baekhyun with a huge smile. Baekhyun smiled back at her as he turned to her as well.

 

I have found myself... to think a lot about you lately. Baekhyun, I truly like you. I know it's not that usual that a girl ask a guy out, but I would love to go out with you. For real I mean. I want to say that those times we have been out has been quite romantic, but I want to try for real.”
“Noona... I... Wow, I didn't know you thought like that about me.”

 

Baekhyun smiled a little as Taeyeon smiled big. She probably took that as a; “yes, I would love to go out with you”. Baekhyun held in a sigh as he tried to keep himself calm. After all, he has been going out with Taeyeon for a while now and he also thinks she's nice. But he can't help to feel like... he's betraying Chanyeol. No, he has to go out with Taeyeon to protect Chanyeol!

 

Then tomorrow night, you and me, a movie?”
“Sounds great!”

 

Taeyeon smiled happily as she turned to fire the engines to the car and to drive Baekhyun home to the dorm.~

So here is he, sitting on the opposite side of the table with Taeyeon in front of him. She's dressed really nicely to be a home eating dinner time. Baekhyun came to SNSD's dorm since the girls are out except of Taeyeon.

 

Isn't this yummy? I love Chinese food.”
“It's really good. Have I told you about the time when Sehun tried to order our food in Chinese and ended up saying the total wrong things?”
“Hahaha, he did? Omo, you have to tell me about this!”

 

Baekhyun happily told her the story as Taeyeon laughed and seemed really happy. Baekhyun truly thinks Taeyeon is a wonderful person, but how will the fans react to them going out? And how will his friends react to it? How will... Chanyeol react to it?

 

Hey Taeyeon, we have kept this as a secret for quite a while now.”
“Yeah, I think it's good. We get more privacy, but I think the fans are figuring things out.”
“Yeah, I think so too. Our instagram isn't that obvious but people will see us going out one day.”
“Don't worry, we have only been going out for a couple of weeks, barely that. I will be busy a lot from now and on, so we won't go out or meet as often as we have done. I hope you won't mind.”
“I will communicate you through instagram with my pictures.”

 

Baekhyun joked but Taeyeon seemed to take it more serious than he thought she would. Baekhyun ate some more of the food before he felt stuffed. Taeyeon smiled happily as well as she got up and walked over to Baekhyun who was about to stand up as well, when Taeyeon's hands pushed him down on his chair gently.

Baekhyun felt Taeyeon's hands massage his shoulder gently as he felt a little uncomfortable. Is she... thinking of something special?

 

Hey Baekhyun, how many girlfriends have you had?”
“Not that many to be honest.”
“What? That's amazing since you're so handsome.”
“T-Thank you noona, but I haven't been that interested in romance to be honest. Not until my later years if I got to say it myself.”
“Then, do you feel like having some fun?”
“Ah, what time is it? We still have work tomorrow morning and-”
“Oh come on, some fun isn't that bad. We won't take that long.”

 

Baekhyun felt nervous as he got up from his chair and grabbed his phone. He's so planning to call Suho for help if she's trying to convince him to stay the night.

 

Noona, I really have to go home. Another time maybe?”
“Fine then, but I want a kiss. We have been going out for a while and I want a real kiss and not a peck.”

 

Baekhyun hesitated before he turned to his noona and kissed her gently on the lips. He pulled out pretty fast again as she smiled satisfied at him, but he doesn't feel that satisfied.

 

I will see you soon again baby.”
“Haha, okay noona. Goodnight-”

 

Baekhyun felt Taeyeon's lips against his again as he closed his eyes and let her kiss him. When she pulled out she tried to grab his shirt, but he was fast to grab her hands as he stared into her eyes. They're not as cute and beautiful anymore, they look really dominant and he's not sure if he likes what he sees.

 

Don't deny me Baekhyun, I know you want it. Aren't we dating? Don't you want me?”
“Noona, I have to go.”
“It won't take that long, you know that too. Don't you think I'm y?”

 

Baekhyun isn't sure what to say to be honest, he just stood there like a fool as he almost panicked a little. If he says no and Taeyeon gets really upset, then his manager might fire Chanyeol because Baekhyun failed to please Taeyeon. If he stays he might get too tired to work tomorrow morning. But he and Chanyeol has done this before...

 

Do you... really want to do it like right now? What if the others come home?”
“Don't worry, if we start now, they won't notice.”
“I don't got any protection with me.”
“But we got.”
“Seriously?”
“Well yeah, in case something like this would happen. Come with me y.”

 

Baekhyun felt how he got dragged towards a bedroom as he closed his eyes for a second to make up his mind. He doesn't have many seconds to make up his mind and he can't believe that he choose this.

 

***

 

Baekhyun stepped tired into the dorm as he yawned. He took of his jacket and shoes as he walked in with tired steps. He noticed that everyone has gone to bed, which isn't weird since it's 3 am already. Baekhyun changed his clothes fast before he lie down on the couch and pulled a blanket over him. He closed his eyes tired as he felt how he feel asleep again.

The next thing he knows is that he feels someone shakes him till he opens his eyes tired. Baekhyun sat tired up as he looked tired around. What time is it? Is it already morning? Baekhyun stared at Sehun who smiled a weak smile to him before he left Baekhyun.

Baekhyun sighed as he got up of the couch as he walked to the nearest bathroom to get ready. Baekhyun fixed his hair and put on some makeup since he looks really tired. He made sure that he doesn't look too tired before he hurried over to the kitchen to eat something.

Something isn't like before in the dorm. It feels like everyone has become so much colder towards him. It feels like everyone thinks Baekhyun is a bastard just because he broke up with Chanyeol. But it's not his fault that he had to break up with Chanyeol, it was Suho's stupid video that caused the damage.

 

So, what happens today?”
“We're going to split up during the morning, but during the afternoon we're going to practice like usual.”
“Sounds like a good plan.”

 

Baekhyun stared down at his breakfast as he just kept eating like nothing has happened. He tried to not look too tired, yet he felt like he's falling asleep. He shouldn't have stayed with Taeyeon till late night, but he accidentally ended up doing that anyway.

 

D.O's and Baekhyun's and my car will come within 30 minuets, so you don't have to stress about it. The rest of you, your cars will be here soon, so hurry up and get ready.”

 

Suho spoke calmly as the others hurried to finish their breakfast and left. Baekhyun watched Chanyeol pass him as he could literally feel the giant's hand brush his arms gently. Baekhyun felt how his heart stopped for a second, but he tried to not show it. He have to hide it, it's all because he doesn't want to hurt Chanyeol.

 

See you later guys.”
“, the cars are here! Let's leave before the managers will get mad!”

 

Sehun rushed out with Kai as a tired Chen and Lay followed them along with a half sleeping Tao and Xiumin. Then Chanyeol closed the door after them all and it's only D.O, Suho and Baekhyun left.

 

I will go and fetch some papers in my room, I will be back later.”

 

Baekhyun nodded as D.O while Suho got up from the table and left. D.O also got up as he begun to clean the table.

 

So, when did you come home last night?”
“Around 3 am.”
“Aren't you tired?”
“Mm, I am.”
“Aren't you ashamed of yourself?”

 

Baekhyun got surprised by the sudden cold voice D.O used as Baekhyun looked up at him. D.O stared with cold eyes at Baekhyun who felt the panic grab him; has he figured out that he dates Taeyeon after all?

 

Aren't you feeling at least ashamed about what you're doing?”
“K-Kyungsoo, why are you-?”
“He's really hurt you know! If he finds out, he will get even more hurt!”
“K-Kyungsoo-”
“When did you and Taeyeon begun to go out? Was it really a week after you broke up with Chanyeol?”
“K-Kyungsoo, stop it-”
“Stop it?! I get it, you should be happy too, but did you have to go out with her so soon?! Chanyeol is freaking hurt you know!”
“I-I know that, but I can't help it! What do you want me to do?!”
“Tell Taeyeon that you two need to wait a little longer before you go out, anything Baekhyun! Just give him time to get over you!”
“But I can't just stop go out with her!”
“Don't act like an then! I have never seen such a shameful person before and I'm not the only one who thinks so! Don't you think that everyone else know what you're doing? Such a player you are and you think you can get away with it?! We never thought you could act so good Baekhyun, but apparently you can. You should be ashamed to even call you a member of EXO.”

 

D.O walked out of the kitchen mad as Baekhyun sat on the chair in the kitchen and stared at his plate. He has had enough of this cold behavior towards him. He's so freaking tired of this.

 

Fine then! Do you want me to leave that badly then fine! I will leave as fast I can!”

 

Baekhyun walked mad over to his clothes and got dressed before Suho even could manage to run out of his room and stop the fight.

 

Great, make everyone feel even worse! Just go already then, make everyone hate you!”
“I thought you would be nicer D.O, I thought you would support me more! But you're just a fake person as well!”
“Ha, like that will make me feel bad! You're the one who's playing around with poor Chanyeol's heart!”
“That's enough! Both of you, stop it right now! What is going on here?!”
“Baekhyun is getting scolded like he should!”
“D.O is telling me to leave the group, that is what he says!”
“I'm not! I told you that you're an that plays with Chanyeol's heart!”
“Boys! What is wrong with you?!”

 

Suho shouted desperately as Baekhyun grabbed his phone and hurried to walk towards the door. D.O stood with his arms crossed over his chest as Suho rushed after Baekhyun to stop him from leaving.

 

Baekhyun, wait!”
“No, let him leave. He's just a coward who doesn't dare to face his problems.”
“If you two just knew what I'm going through you wouldn't say all this! Life isn't like you want it to be so let me be already! I can't help it, okay?! I didn't have any choice so just let me be!”

 

Baekhyun cried as he ran out from the dorm and slammed the door after him. Baekhyun sprinted down the stairs as he suddenly bumped into someone tall. Baekhyun stumbled back as he stared up at the person he had ran into.

Like everything wasn't that hard already. He just had to bump into the only person he hasn't dared to look into the eyes for weeks. Baekhyun watched the giant's face look worried down at him as Baekhyun pushed him to the side to run pass him, but the warm big hand grabbed his hand and stopped him.

 

Baekhyun, wait. What's wrong? Has something happened?”
“Please... Just let me go... I...”
“Baekhyun... We might have broke up, but I still want to be your friend. Don't push me away from you. Please-”
“I-I have to go. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry Chanyeol, I will have to go right now. I-I see you later.”

 

Baekhyun pulled his hand away from Chanyeol as he hurried to pass the giant who stared after him. Baekhyun doesn't know why Chanyeol came back to the dorm, but he will surely meet a mad D.O and a worried Suho. Baekhyun is sure that they both are disappointed at him. Everyone is disappointed at him, but what can he do? He just wants to protect Chanyeol, yet he gets scolded doing so.

If they only knew... If they just... If they just knew what he went through.

 


Ayo guys! Here I am again! ^.^

I have to apologize for the almost whole week late update, I'm so sorry *bows apologizing*

This was the last week in school before the summer break, which has finally begun and I got some times to correct my chapters and now I can update them! I know I'm late, but better late than never, right? ^.^

I just want to thank you all for reading and supporting this fiction! It means a lot to me, which I hope you guys understand! Thank you all for being awesome readers! ^.^

Subs, comments and upvotes are very well appreciated, but up to you! But it isn't a must, so please don't feel forced! But it would be fun if someone would write a funny comment! ^.^

Well, that was all I had to say. I will try to update in time next time! I see you next time! Have a nice day/night/morning/afternoon/evening! Take care! ^.^

Peace and love to you all! <3