EXO Night?

My True Love

Chanyeol's P.O.V

What happened?”

 

Chanyeol asked as fast he stepped into the dorm. He watched D.O's and Suho's surprised faces as Chanyeol walked fast in to confront them. Whatever has happened he wants to hear the truth. Someone made Baekhyun cry and Chanyeol gets a feeling that it was these two.

 

W-What are you talking about?”
“Why are you here-?”
“Why did Baekhyun run down the stairs crying?”
“Chanyeol, ignore him-”
“What did you do?”
“W-We didn't do-”
“What did you say?”
“Just ignore him, h-he's just-”
“What did you say?!”

 

Chanyeol felt how he begun to feel angry by now as D.O and Suho exchanged some glances. D.O begun to look really ashamed at the moment as Suho looked pretty ashamed as well.

 

I... I scolded Baekhyun... Because... Of something... I might have... gone too far...”
“Gone too far? You made him cry-”
“Y-You heard me start arguing with him! Why didn't you come out and stop me?!”
“Because I didn't know what to do! I wanted to stop the fight, but at the same time... I felt like someone had to tell Baekhyun the truth...”
“What the hell have you done? Is this all about me and Baekhyun breaking up?”
“I-It's a part of that, but still-”
“There is no excuse to make him cry. We both decided to breakup and you two have no right to scold him-”
“He's going out with someone Chanyeol...”
“I-I know that... I'm not that stupid...”
“H-How d-do you know?”
“Baekhyun has gone out on his own a lot lately... and last night he came home really late. Later than usual... I know what he did last night...”
“Aren't you upset?”
“Are you kidding me? Of course I am, but if Baekhyun truly feels happier this way... Then I will accept the truth and let him be.”
“B-But...”
“There is nothing wrong with stop loving the other one... It happens you know and-”
“Chanyeol, h-he said something really weird in the end... I-I'm not sure how...”
“What D.O is trying to say is that Baekhyun screamed back at us in the end. He said something like; If you knew what I'm going through, you wouldn't say what you said right now. Or something like that. He got really upset and he said something like; I didn't have a choice.”
“Yeah, that's why I'm starting to wonder... If what I said was really right...”

 

D.O looked really ashamed as Chanyeol sighed. He can't believe that they ended up in this situation. What if Baekhyun gets too upset to come back home tonight? Chanyeol really wants to talk with the boy, but Baekhyun keeps avoid him all the time. Is it because he broke up with Chanyeol and doesn't dare to be alone with him?

 

W-What if he truly quits EXO after this?”
“H-He's going to do what?!”
“I-I got a little worked up and... I might have gotten Baekhyun to think that no one wants him here...”
“Geez, now I really have to talk to him! Where is my phone, have you seen it?!”
“Is that why you came back?”
“Isn't it obvious, why else would I look for it?! Help me to find it so I can go after Baekhyun!”
“But Chanyeol, I don't think you need to-”
“You don't know Baekhyun as well as I do. He's tired and upset, he won't go to work like this. I think I know where he will go.”
“W-Where?”
“Just let me find my phone already!”

 

Chanyeol ran into his room as Suho helped him to search and D.O went out to the kitchen to look for it. D.O came running with the phone in his hand as Chanyeol hurried to rush towards the door.

 

I will see you later, if manager hyung wonders where I am, I'm fetching Baekhyun after you argued! Just say that Baekhyun was a little tired and you two had a misunderstanding!”
“O-Okay! And Chanyeol! Tell him I'm sorry and that I regret saying anything! If he doesn't believe you, tell him to come home tonight so I can apologize to him face to face!”
“I will! Now get ready, your cars are here!”

 

Suho and D.O nodded as Chanyeol rushed down to his car and got in. The manager looked surprised at Chanyeol who patted heavily.

 

D-Did you see where Baekhyun went?”
“He went into his car that arrived earlier.”
“D-Did he really go to work?”
“Yeah, he tried to pass the car but I saw your manager fetch him.”
“S-So he's going to work now?”
“Yeah, like everyone else. Why are you wondering?”
“There were a misunderstanding earlier this morning and I really have to tell Baekhyun that so he won't be too upset and come back home later today.”
“Here, call manager hyung and tell him that you need to talk to Baekhyun.”

 

Chanyeol grabbed the co-manager's phone and called the manager. He waited until he picked up as he could literally hear Baekhyun sob in the background.

 

Manager hyung, it's me, Chanyeol. Listen, I need to talk to Baekhyun. It's important.”
“How important is it?”
“It's urgent.”

 

Chanyeol listened to his manager who went silent for a couple of seconds before he said a quick and short okay. Then he heard how he told Baekhyun that he had a call. Chanyeol waited for some few more seconds before he heard Baekhyun's still unstable voice.

 

Y-Yes, it's Baekhyun.”
“Baek, it's me, Chanyeol. Listen, what D.O said, he didn't mean it. Do you hear me, it all was a big misunderstanding. They both regret everything and they wants to apologize to your face and not through a phone or me. Come home straight after work today, okay? Let's have a talk, okay?”
“I-I don't know Chanyeol, I'm going to work the whole day and I have... to meet someone-”
“I know you're going out with someone Baekhyun, if you're going to meet that person than fine, but don't come home 3 am.”
“Y-You know... about me dating someone else?”
“Well yeah, it's obvious. I know you better than you think. I will see you later than.”
“I will try to be home before 11 pm, I promise.”
“That's nice to hear. Let's have an EXO dinner for once, okay? A lot of chicken and just fun, okay? Don't be late for that.”
“I-I will try, bye Chanyeol.”

 

Chanyeol handled the co-manager the phone as he leaned back in the seat and stared out through the window. The car had begun to move for a long time ago, after all he still needs to go to work. He wonders how Baekhyun will act around him now when he has told the boy that he knows that he dates someone.

 

I didn't mean to eavesdrop on your conversation, but do you know who Baekhyun is going out with?”
“No, I don't. I have only heard rumors about it.”
“Well, it won't take long before you will meet his new girlfriend.”

 

Chanyeol felt the pain inside of him begun to grow. He's definitely not over Baekhyun and when this co-manager is saying is that Baekhyun's girlfriend will soon show up. It probably means that Baekhyun's relationship with her is pretty serious.

 

Who is she...? Baekhyun's girlfriend I mean.”
“Oh, she works in SM Entertainment too, but I can't tell you more.”
“I see...”
“Let's work hard today and do our best, okay? Fighting!”
“Yeah... Fighting...”

 

The pain still grows stronger in Chanyeol's chest as he thinks about what the co-manager said. Baekhyun's new girlfriend... works within SM Entertainment too...? Then... who could it possibly... be?

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

What did he say?”
“He just explained a misunderstanding that happened this morning...”
“Really?”
“I-I swear, he didn't say anything else.”
“Really? Then why did you promise to come home before 11 pm tonight?”
“W-We're going to have an EXO dinner, since almost everyone is home tonight and-”
“Skip it, they can make it without you.”
“W-Why do you say that-?”
“Isn't Taeyeon more important?”
“B-But we have been seeing each other a lot lately and-”
“I don't care, don't go home early if she asks you to stay longer with her.”
“M-Manager hyung, y-you can't seriously-”
“I am. Don't disrespect me Baekhyun, remember what I know and what I can do.”

 

Baekhyun felt how the frustration grabbed him. He's not sure why his manager is acting like this towards him, but he's getting sick of it. He's getting sick of people pushing him around and tells him that he needs to do what they think is right. Especially his manager is like that... He's the worst of them all...

 

Today you will practice a lot, so get ready for a lot of rehearsal.”
“Yes sir...”
“And don't look so gloomy, this is after all not a depressing event.”

 

Baekhyun just nodded as he stared out through the window. His mind is stuck with the thought of Chanyeol knowing he's dating someone. He wonders if Chanyeol is alright, after all they didn't broke up for that long ago. Maybe... he's truly hurt but he doesn't want to hurt Baekhyun's feelings like Baekhyun has hurt his feelings...

Why must things be like this...? Why can't their manager let them be? Why is it so wrong to love someone who is the same ? Of course Baekhyun understands that everyone isn't like him, but he doesn't forbid others to love the opposite , right? He doesn't even care who you love as long you love someone and doesn't hurt others.

 

Tell me... Why can't I go home early for just one night?”
“Because they're not as important as Taeyeon, that's why.”
“But they are as important as her if not more! They're my friends! We need to hangout a little from time to time too! We're not robots you know!”
“Are you screaming at me?”

 

Baekhyun felt his manager's cold eyes pierce through him as Baekhyun went silent. The driver also looked nervous in the front of the car as Baekhyun was fast to stare down at the floor. What is he doing? He can't win against his manager, he knows that. But... But he's so tired of just sitting here and he's tired of doing everything his manager wants him to do.

 

You're staying with Taeyeon until she says it's okay! Any problem with that?”

 

Baekhyun just stared down at the floor as his manager sighed and looked to the side. Baekhyun truly wishes that he didn't have to go through this. He's seriously considering to quit EXO, to quit everything as fast his debt is paid. He loves his job when it comes to singing and performing, but if his life is going to be like this all the time... Then he rather quit and find something new to do...

 

Can I pretty please go home earlier today?”
“Are you deaf?! Do as I say and stay with Taeyeon as long as possible!”

 

Baekhyun just nodded as he held in a sigh. He has slowly begun to hate his manager... He literally hopes that one day when his manager is on his way home, he will end up in an accident and die... Okay, that might be going a little too far, but Baekhyun truly hates his manager right now. He hates him so damn much... But he hates himself even more...

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

He's late.”
“Maybe... he won' come home after all?”

 

D.O asked worryingly as Suho looked pained as well. The others got to know what happened this morning for just some minutes ago and now they're all thinking about the situation. Baekhyun hasn't come home yet and the manager has already been here and told everyone about tomorrow's schedule and activities.

 

He will come home, he said he would try and when Baekhyun say he will try, he will try to the fullest.”
“But... what if he doesn't want to come home?”
“He will come home, the question is when.”
“Maybe... he's with his girlfriend right now and doesn't care about us?”

 

Everyone stared at each other or at something else while the silence spread among them. Chanyeol feels the pain in his heart but he has promised himself to not show it. He will keep it hidden deep inside of him, where no one will be able to see it except for him.

 

If he wants to be with her the rest of the evening, I don't mind. I will try to call him and ask him if he's coming home soon. If he doesn't come home soon, then we can order our food and start our EXO night.”

 

Everyone nodded a little cheerful, but they know that if Baekhyun isn't here, it won't be the same as it used to be. Sure, they can't act like everything is over without Baekhyun, but he's one of the derpiest persons in the group and he's also the most chatty and teasing member of them. It won't be the same without him, but they won't die without him.

Chanyeol got up of the couch and walked into his room as he hit the number to Baekhyun's phone. He listened to the signals that passed him by as he sighed. Baekhyun is busy with having fun with his new girlfriend or what? Chanyeol feels somewhat annoyed but he tries to keep calm as he tried to call Baekhyun a second time.

 

Hello?”
“Baekhyun, thank god that you answered. Where are you?”
“I'm... stuck with some things.”
“I see... W-When will you be home?”
“I can come right away or meet you up somewhere. I think I can get away right away.”
“Really?! That's great! We can meet you up at the usual chicken place, okay?”
“Sounds perfect! I will see you there! How many minutes?”
“We will leave as fast as possible, so around 15 minutes maybe?”
“Great, then I will try to come around then!”
“I see you there!”

 

Chanyeol hung-up on the phone before he exit his room and smiled at the others who looked hopefully at him.

 

He said he would meet us up on the restaurant, so we should get ready to leave.”
“Will he truly come?”
“He said he was stuck with something, but he said he could get away almost right away and meet us up as fast as possible.”
“Then we don't have to worry! Let's go!”

 

Everyone got up and got their shoes and jackets on to leave the dorm. They might have a real EXO night after all! Chanyeol can't help but to smile when he thinks about everyone being gathered again. He can't wait to have a real EXO night with everyone again, it was such a long time since they had one since both Luhan and Kris quit EXO and caused everyone to feel a little down. But now they actually might be able to have a real EXO night again!

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

I have to go.”
“W-What?! W-Why?!”
“Because I promised someone else to meet them tonight.”
“W-Why did you promise that when we had decided to meet?!”
“We decided to go out for a long time ago but you insisted to meet me today even though I said I would have to go early.”
“B-But Baekhyun! You're my boyfriend! Don't I come in first hand?!”
“I stayed here till late night yesterday, I don't think you will die if I leave early today.”
“But I had so much fun with you! Stay a little longer!”

 

Baekhyun felt how Taeyeon grabbed his arm and pulled him away from the hallway even though he had managed to get his shoes and jacket on. Baekhyun knows what she wants, but he doesn't want to do it. Not tonight and he's way too tired to stay here with her.

 

Please let me go and don't get mad. I will see you next time, okay?”
“No! You're going to stay!”
“I don't want to stay for tonight.”
“What?! Are you saying you're breaking up with me?!”
“I don't! But I have already promised some others to meet! They're all guys and you know them very well!”
“It's your damn group who you are going to meet?”
“Yes, so I have to go. It's not just fun it's also work.”
“You're lying! It's not work, it's only for fun! They're already like 8 or 9 people, right? You can stay with me and hangout with me instead!”
“You got your group to hangout with. They're coming home any minute!”
“But we still have time to be alone and-”
“Taeyeon, I don't want to do it with you again. Not tonight and I don't have the power to argue. I don't hate you and I respect you more than anything, but I need to have my own time as well. Please, you can't force me to stay here the whole night again.”
“Fine! Go then! But I won't be happy with you for a while!”
“Taeyeon... Whatever then, if you can go out with your group then I can go out with mine. Isn't it fair like that?”
“But I don't want to be away from you...”
“I... I have to go, sorry.”

 

Baekhyun hurried to leave the dorm as Taeyeon literally sighed behind him and she even mumbled jerk. She doesn't want him to leave, he knows that, but he did promise Chanyeol to come. He can still make it on time if he runs!

Baekhyun got out of the apartment building as he begun to jog down the street to get to the chicken restaurant before the others have begun to order. He doesn't care if they order without him though, as long as he can spend some time with them. He just wants to forget about all his problems and just have fun for one night. Just once.

 

Baekhyun!”

 

Baekhyun literally stopped dead when he heard the cold voice call out to him. He turned around slowly to find a car stand parked near him with a man standing by it. He knows exactly who it is who stands by it.

 

Where do you think you're going?! Get back to her right away!”
“W-What are you talking about?”
“Get back to her I said! Don't displease her!”
“You can't say that to me! I have done everything you wanted, all I want is one night with the others!”
“I don't care! Your job is to keep her happy! Get back to her now!”
“No!”
“Then you give me no choice! Do you truly want me to fire Chanyeol from the group?!”
“Y-You can't do that! He hasn't done anything wrong! You can't fire him just like that!”
“Then get back to Taeyeon!”

 

Baekhyun felt how he hesitated while his whole body ached in pain. Can't he just get one freaking night?! Just one?! But... i-if it's about Chanyeol and his career... then Baekhyun shouldn't risk it... After all... it's up to Baekhyun to keep Chanyeol safe now.

 

P-Please manager hyung, just one night! A-At least let me go and eat with them! I will go back to her right away after we have eaten!”
“Go back to her now! She's mad so get back to her!”
“How do you know that?!”
“Because she called me! Get back to her!”
“What am I?! A toy?!”
“Get back to her I said!”
“But I have already promised them to come!”
“I don't care! Get back to her! I give you exactly ten seconds to go back to her before I fire Chanyeol! 10, 9, 8...”

 

Baekhyun felt the anger fill him and for a second he just wanted to jump in front of a car and let it run over him. But he doesn't want to scare the driver and he doesn't want to die because of something like this. But still... His mind feels so stuffed with worries and frustration, he's not sure what to do.

 

5, 4, 3, 2, 1. Time's up!”
“Fine...”

 

Baekhyun felt how his legs walked on their own as he had begun to walk again. There is no helping it, he can't go see the others tonight. He guess they all will only see him as a big liar now, but... But he does it to protect Chanyeol. This is all for Chanyeol and not himself. Yeah, he needs to think about Chanyeol...

 

Good choice Baekhyun, really good choice.”

 


Ayo guys! I'm back! XD

So, I'm going to take make this message short, I promise! I'm so sorry for not updating for a while, but I have been busy during my summer break but now I'm back at school and I have found some time to write again! Please forgive me for not updating for a while! *cries while pleading for mercy*

Anyway, I want to thank you all for your support and I have to say that I love my readers! I love you all and I want you to know that you make me really happy when you comment, especially when I don't feel well! Thank you everyone! ^.^

Subs, comments and upvotes are always appreciated, but up you! It's not a must though, but like I said, it's very appreciated! Thank you! ^.^

Well, that's all I got. Thank you for reading! Have a nice day/night/afternoon/morning! ^.^

Peace and love to you all! <3