Confused

My True Love

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Chanyeol sighs nervously as he stares at his phone. No answer yet. He picks his phone up to check if he really hasn't gotten any text back from Baekhyun, but it's empty. All that has happened since he checked his phone last is that a couple of hundred people has liked his picture on instagram and commented a lot of cheesy comments to him. Well, no offense to his fans, but right now he's not in the mood to even try to read some of the comments.

After another 10 minutes has passed since he checked his phone, Chanyeol picks it up again to try to text Baekhyun. He can't help it, he's anxious about the boy and his safety. He's not walking the street alone this late, is he? Before Chanyeol can actually try to write another message to Baekhyun, his phone suddenly vibrates and Chanyeol stares startled at it. Someone is calling him. As fast Chanyeol's sees the ID, he hurries lift the phone to his ear.

 

B-Baek? Where are you? Are you alright? A-Are you coming home? Have you eaten something? Do you want me to come and pick you up? Baekhyun? A-Are you there? Hello? B-Baekhyun?”
“Calm down, I'm right here...”
“Thank god... A-Are you alright?”
“Yeah... I'm... fine.”
“Baekhyun, where are you? It's really late and I'm worrying to death here.”
“I'm on my way home.”
“Really? Who is driving you home?”
“No one... I-I'm going to take the bus.”
“You're walking on the streets alone?! Are you crazy?! Tell me where you are right now and I will meet you up!”
“Calm down! I'm fine-”
“If something would happen to you, I... I can never forgive myself. Please, tell me where you are and let me fetch you. I will borrow a car and fetch you right away.”
“Y-You're in no condition to drive! Y-You're too worked up Chanyeol!”
“Please Baek, I don't want anything bad to happen to you. You know how many sasaeng fans we have! It's suicide to go out alone without anyone to protect you!”
“B-But...”
“No but! Tell me where you are, I will come and get you right away!”

 

Chanyeol hurries to get up of his bed and grabs his keys. He then sneaks out of his room and searches the apartment for a car key. Someone must have a car here! Baekhyun stays silent on the other side on the phone as Chanyeol looks for something that looks like car keys.

 

What are you doing this late Chanyeol?”

 

Chanyeol hurries to look up at Xiumin who rubs his eyes tired. Did he wake him up? He didn't mean to disturb the others, he's just in a hurry and can't let Baekhyun wait for him like this.

 

Do you have the car keys to the employee car at the parking lot?”
“Yeah, I used the car last. Wait, where are you going?”
“I really need to go, like right now.”

 

Xiumin stares at Chanyeol for a while with serious eyes before he slowly walks back to his room and fetches the car keys. He handles the keys to Chanyeol as he gives Chanyeol a long serious stare.

 

Be careful, okay? Whatever it is, don't stress yourself to death. Drive with care and concentrate. Got it?”
“I won't crash the car, I promise.”
“I'm talking about your own safety Chanyeol, not about a silly car.”
“I know and I will be careful.”

 

Xiumin nods before Chanyeol hurries to the hallway and gets his shoes and jacket on. He then hurries to call Baekhyun to make sure that he's still on the other side of the phone.

 

Baek, are you still there?”
“Yeah... The bus will be here in 40 minutes...”
“I will be there in 20 minutes. Listen to me, don't get on that bus and go to somewhere safe. Are there any cafes or stores open near you?”
“It looks pretty dead to me.”
“Then I will hurry over to you as fast as I can.”
“But drive safely! If something happens, I swear to god that I will kick your sorry !”

 

Chanyeol chuckles lightly, Baekhyun is slowly getting back to his normal worrying self. But Chanyeol doesn't have time to think about that, he needs to get Baekhyun after all. Who knows how many sasaeng fans there are out there who waits for someone like Baekhyun to walk by?

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Baekhyun looks around carefully while waiting for Chanyeol to come. What the hell is he doing? If someone finds out about this, Baekhyun is screwed. No, Chanyeol is more screwed than him. But... if no one finds out about it, then nothing bad can happen, right? As long Baekhyun's manager doesn't find out or Taeyeon, everything is going to be alright.

Even though Baekhyun keeps assuring himself that everything is going to be fine as long no one finds out, he can't stop feeling nervous. He's worried that a random fan will suddenly show up and take pictures of him and Chanyeol when Chanyeol comes to pick him up. If people would see him and Chanyeol alone together and post it all over the social medias, then Baekhyun's manager and Taeyeon would find out about this.

But luckily the street has been quite dead since Baekhyun stopped walking. If it continues to be this dead when Chanyeol picks him up, then nothing bad can happen. But despite that, Baekhyun still feels the nervousness grab him more and more and soon it feels more like panic than nervousness.

 

Where the hell is he...?”

 

Baekhyun mumbles as he looks around like a paranoid old man. There are still no people around, but he can't stop looking. Baekhyun checks the time as he sighs, Chanyeol said he would be here in 20 minutes and it has passed around 15 minutes since they talked. Which suddenly reminds Baekhyun, who did Chanyeol talk to before he left the dorm?

Oh ! Chanyeol talked to someone and even said he had to leave before he left the dorm! Who was it?! Was it their manager?! Baekhyun feels the panic grab him as he tries to recall the conversation Chanyeol had with the other person back at the dorm. Who was it? Baekhyun heard the other person's voice, but he can't remember who he thought he heard.

Baekhyun is in the middle of freaking out when a car suddenly pulls up beside him. He hurries to look up to find Chanyeol smiling relieved at him. Omo, Chanyeol is here! Baekhyun hurries to get into the car and of course he makes sure that no one is around to see them.

 

Hey, I told you I would come in 20 minutes-”
“Chanyeol. We need to talk.”

 

Baekhyun closes the car door quickly as he stares seriously at Chanyeol. The giant looks a little confused and surprised, but he doesn't seem to mind talking either.

 

Go ahead and talk, I will listen. Is it okay if I drive at the same time?”
“If you promise to not lose attention on the road.”
“Don't worry, I'm not that stupid.”

 

Baekhyun struggles to not say anything mean as Chanyeol starts driving. Wait a minute... Did they... have a normal conversation just now? Baekhyun stares at Chanyeol who drives towards their dorm and stares at the road. Woah... He looks so mature when he drives. Baekhyun can't remember Chanyeol looking this mature and handsome.

A hard pain hits Baekhyun right in his heart as he looks away from Chanyeol. That's right, he really loved Chanyeol for only a couple of months ago. No, he still loves him so dearly but... Things change and sometimes you're forced to do things that hurts you. But if you don't do them, it will hurt you even more.

 

So... You wanted to talk you said?”
“A-Ah... Y-Yeah... I-I'm just wondering... W-Who did you talk to before you left the dorm?”

 

Baekhyun asks carefully as he glances over at Chanyeol. This time he doesn't dare to stare too long at him, because then he will only feel his heart hurt even more than what it already does.

 

Does it really matter who I talked with?”
“I-It does.”
“Why? I mean, I never said I would pick you up.”
“Chanyeol, you got to tell me.”
“It was Xiumin... I talked to Xiumin.”

 

Baekhyun feels the relief wash over him as he leans back. Finally he feels the panic slip out of him and he's back to his calm self again. God, so many things could have gone wrong. But nothing happened, which is good. He might have been lucky today.

 

Why were you wondering?”
“I-I just... g-got curious...”
“Curious? You look like you have been worrying about who I talked to ever since I picked you up.”
“I-I wasn't worrying-”
“Who did you think I talked to?”

 

Chanyeol asks as he take a quick glance at Baekhyun before he looks straight back at the road. Chanyeol takes a right turn and stops by a red light. He then takes the chance to look at Baekhyun who feels how he looks away quickly. He won't tell Chanyeol anything about his worries, not after their argue.

 

Please don't ask... I don't want to start a fight with you...”
“It's just a simple question Baekhyun. It's not like I'm asking you to tell me all your dark secrets.”

 

Oh Chanyeol, if he only knew that he actually asks for Baekhyun's dark secrets all the time. Baekhyun feels how he chuckles, but what Chanyeol says isn't even funny.

 

Chanyeol... I don't want to argue with you right now.”
“We're not arguing if you just tell me your honest opinion. I just asked who you thought I was talking to. It's nothing wrong with asking that.”

 

Chanyeol is right in a way, it's nothing weird to ask what he did ask. But to Chanyeol, Baekhyun worrying about who he talked too before he left is weird. Baekhyun feels how a sigh escapes his mouth as the stop lights turns green.

 

It's green...”

 

Chanyeol only sighs as he starts driving again. The car falls silent as fast the car begins to move and Baekhyun keeps his eyes at the window. He won't look at Chanyeol because then he might change his mind about keeping all his secrets to himself. But... This might be the one and last time Baekhyun will ever be alone with Chanyeol like this. Maybe... this will be his only chance to tell him the truth?

 

Baekhyun... I'm sorry if I'm pushing you again... I just... It feels like you won't talk to me ever again after this and... I... I want to know what is going on so badly I just... I can't stop asking you questions and-”
“I know... Trust me, I know...”
“Hey... Have you eaten something?”
“No... I haven't felt that hungry...”
“Why didn't you say so?”
“W-What are you doing? The dorm is the opposite side-”
“You need to eat Baekhyun, you know that very well yourself.”
“C-Chanyeol, I can eat at the dorm-”
“No, because then you will only go and sleep. I know you better than you think.”
“L-Liar, I wouldn't go to sleep-”
“You would change your clothes and go to sleep, because when you're upset you love to hide under your blanket and pretend that you're not there. I have noticed during our hard times when we trained to become stars. I noticed it all and you can't tell me the opposite, because I know the truth.”

 

Baekhyun chuckles again, this time much quieter than last time. He can't believe it, Chanyeol really knows him this well. It feels so weird since Baekhyun has begun to believe all his lies he has been saying lately. If you lie long enough, suddenly everything you lied about will become true. That is how Baekhyun feels anyway.

 

Can you please just tell me who you thought I talked too? Please Baek-”
“It's not such a big deal... I just thought you talked to manager hyung... That's all...”
“Manager hyung...?”
“Mm... I thought he was there... at the dorm...”

 

Baekhyun tries to look normal like he's not nervous or worried at all, but he's pretty sure that he doesn't look as calm and composed as he wants to be. Chanyeol glances over at Baekhyun while driving until he finally stops the car again. Where are they now? Baekhyun stares at the small restaurant they parked outside as Chanyeol turns off the engines and gets out of the car.

Baekhyun hesitates a little before he finally gets out of the car and follows Chanyeol towards the small restaurant. Where are they? It's really late and it's a surprise that a small restaurant like this one is still open on a normal week day.

 

Chanyeol... W-We should go home, before someone sees us.”
“Don't worry, I know the owner here. She's a nice lady and would never tell anyone about us coming here.”
“But the guests here might-”
“Don't worry Baekhyun, okay?”

 

Baekhyun wants to complain and go back to the car, but Chanyeol won't listen to him anyway. They enter the small restaurant as an older lady looks up at them from the kitchen. There are surprisingly many guests here at the restaurant, but none of them are interested in looking up at Chanyeol and Baekhyun who enters the room.

 

Annyeong Mrs. Lee.”
“Omo, isn't it Chanyeol?”

 

The older woman smiles a bright smile towards them as Chanyeol starts talking to her. She asks him how he has been and he answers her honestly while Baekhyun looks around carefully. No one in the restaurant is paying them any attention, like they're not even interested in them. Well, that's actually a good thing for once since Baekhyun doesn't want anyone to look at him and Chanyeol at the moment.

 

What can I do for you boys?”
“Some nice home cooked food would be nice.”
“The usual?”
“The usual please.”

 

The lady smiles as she hurries to prepare a takeaway bag filled with food. Baekhyun watches the lady with curiosity as Chanyeol prepares the payment. After only a couple of minutes, the lady handles Chanyeol a bag with food and he handles her the money.

 

Thank you Mrs. Lee.”
“No problem. Please come by soon again.”
“I will. Say hi to your daughter from me.”
“I will. Goodbye and welcome back.”

 

Baekhyun smiles towards the lady before he and Chanyeol exit the restaurant. Chanyeol walks fast towards the car and they hurry to get inside to make sure that no one sees them. As fast they get inside and the doors are closed, Baekhyun finally dares to relax a little and opens his mouth again.

 

Who was that? I mean, how do you know her?”
“I went to the same middle school as her daughter. We were quite close friends when I was younger and during high school we used to meet up a lot. Now I rarely see her, but I come here from time to time when she works to eat and talk. That was her mother.”
“Oh... I see...”

 

Chanyeol smiles as he opens the bag and gives Baekhyun a small box. Baekhyun takes it without asking what it is as Chanyeol takes his own box and opens it. The car gets filled with the delicious scent of homemade food. Baekhyun can't help to feel hungry as he opens his own box and stares at the food. It really looks and smells like real homemade food, which was ages ago since he ate something like this.

 

Hurry up and taste it, it's better than what you think.”

 

Baekhyun nods as he starts eating. The flavors melts in his mouth and are perfectly balanced. The food tastes great, just like real homemade food his mother used to make for him. Oh god, now he almost feels homesick.

 

It taste like real homemade food, doesn't it?”
“It actually does.”
“Mrs. Lee is an expert to make food taste like it's homemade. I don't know how she does it, but it tastes great.”

 

Baekhyun nods as he keeps eating. They both falls silent for a long time as they concentrates on the food only. After a while, Chanyeol finally puts away his food and turns to Baekhyun with a serious look on his face.

 

Baekhyun... I seriously want to ask you something. Can you promise that you will answer me honestly?”
“W-What's up with the sudden seriousness...?”
“Just promise to answer me. Please.”
“I don't think we should talk too much since last time we tried, which was earlier today, we ended up arguing and-”
“Baekhyun... Please... Don't make me beg, because you know that I can give you my best puppy face that I can come up with.”
“Please don't do this Chanyeol- Y-Yah! S-Stop that!”

 

Chanyeol starts using his puppy face as he literally leans closer to Baekhyun and tries his best to make Baekhyun give in. Baekhyun looks away and shows his mouth full of food, but Chanyeol somehow takes his attention again. Baekhyun feels how he begins to give in to Chanyeol who is using his best puppy face he has.

 

W-What do you want?”
“Baekhyun... D-Do you honestly hate me?”
“I... I don't hate you Chanyeol...”
“I see... I'm glad to hear that.”

 

Chanyeol smiles relieved as he sits up and grabs his food to eat again. Is that it? He's not going to ask more questions that will take him closer to the truth behind Baekhyun's weird behavior? Baekhyun can't help to feel weird, like he wants Chanyeol to be that annoying little and keep prying into his life. But he doesn't say anything.

 

Is that... it?”
“Well... It depends on what you mean.”
“I mean... Y-You're not going to ask more than that?”
“Well... I could, but I don't want to upset you even more-”
“I mean, it was only two or three hours ago since you wanted to know everything about me. And now you're just... done?”
“Do you want me to ask you questions?”

 

Chanyeol looks rather confused at Baekhyun who realizes what he's saying. What is wrong with him?! Chanyeol isn't supposed to pry any further into Baekhyun's secret business! Baekhyun looks away as he starts eating again.

 

Forget about what I said...”
“No, Baek is there something I should know about?”
“No... I-It was nothing-”
“Baekhyun. Tell me what's wrong.”
“S-Stop prying like that!”
“But you literally said that you wanted me to do that!”

 

Chanyeol looks even more confused than what he did before. Baekhyun struggles to look away as he eats some more of his food. Chanyeol lets out a long and tired sigh as he leans back in his seat. He mumbles something silently to himself as Baekhyun glance over at him.

 

How am I supposed to help you if you're not telling me anything?”

 

Baekhyun feels a guilty feeling take over him as he looks down at his food. He's actually really confused himself at the moment. For only 30 minutes ago he didn't even want to see or talk with Chanyeol, but now he's enjoying a late night dinner with him and Chanyeol tries to make Baekhyun tell him everything about what is going on behind his backs. Baekhyun sighs as he puts away his food. He's not hungry anymore...

 

 


Ayo guys! Long time no seen! ^.^

So I have been crazily busy with school lately and I haven't been able to update since I literally studied everyday until last week. Now I'm taking summer vacation, which is good since I can write and update more (or hopefully I will be able to do so :D) ^.^

Anyway, thank you once again for reading and supporting this fiction! I love you guys so much and I'm really grateful to you all! Subs, upvotes and comments are more than appreciated! ^.^

P.s Is it just me who is freaking out because EXO's comeback is just too good and I can't handle all the hot and y looks?! I just love them soooooo much! XD

Peace and love to you all! <3