A Wonderful Night?

My True Love

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Baek, where are you going? You just came home.”

 

Chanyeol stares with mostly curious, though slightly worried eyes at Baekhyun who suddenly had gotten up of the couch. He's wearing a tired and rather exhausted expression on his face, but he tries to hide it behind a smile. He isn't fooling anyone with that smile, it's obvious that he's tired and he would need some rest.

 

I'm sorry, it looks like I have to go out for a while.”
“This late? Honestly, you look exhausted.”
“I'm not that exhausted, I will be fine.”
“Are you sure? You don't look too happy to be honest.”

 

Baekhyun lets out a small chuckle like he's amused, but his eyes are betraying him. Chanyeol suddenly hears a vibrating sound and looks down at his phone. It's not his, then who's phone is vibrating? Chanyeol watches Baekhyun glance down at his phone while he struggles to not let out a heavy sigh.

 

I'm sorry, I seriously have to go. I will try to come back before 12 am.”
“Don't be too late, we have a long day in front of us tomorrow.”
“I will rest well, I promise. See you later.”

 

Chanyeol quickly stands up to stop Baekhyun, but Suho is gives him a strict glance that stops him from moving. Why is he looking at him like that? What has he done wrong this time? Chanyeol ignores Suho's glance and quickly walks out to the hallway to find Baekhyun putting on his shoes and jacket in a hurry.

 

Hey Baek, are you sure that you really should leave? I mean, it's already getting late-”
“I'm sorry, but I have to go. I will see you later.”
“Yah... You promised to talk with me, remember? You promised to tell me-”
“Chanyeol, please don't talk about that now. I will have to go, but I will tell you everything. Eventually. Until then, please don't speak a word of it.”

 

Chanyeol tries to protest, but Baekhyun is fast to leave the apartment as fast he opens his mouth. Within a second, Baekhyun has already left the apartment and is on his way out. Chanyeol lets out a long and rather pissed sigh while scratching the back of his head. Now what? Is he supposed to pretend that he doesn't know that he is heading over to Taeyeon's place? It's obvious that he's visiting her, why else would he be sighing like that?

 

Chanyeol, come back to the living room for a minute.”

 

Suho's voice echoes through the apartment while Sehun and Kyungsoo are talking in the distant. Chanyeol turns on his heels and walks back to the living room with heavy steps. He's not in the mood to talk with the others about casual stuff, but he's not in the mood to ignore them either. They haven't done anything wrong towards him, so he shouldn't be ignoring them.

 

What can I help you with?”

 

Chanyeol smiles while he sits down on the couch where he and Baekhyun sat a minute ago. Sehun has switched place and is now sitting besides him on the couch. Suho sips on his tea before he lets out a small sigh. Kyungsoo takes his time to smell his tea as well before Suho begins to talk.

 

Earlier today, at the breakfast table, you told us to pretend that nothing has happened in our group. At first I thought it was a really good idea to pretend that everything is alright, but after seeing Baekhyun today... I'm starting to wonder what is going on. Would you mind telling us what you two are hiding?”

 

Chanyeol stares speechless at Suho. He just casually brought up one of the heaviest topics he can think of and he's speaking about it like they're talking about the weather. Sehun lets out a small chuckle and glances up at Chanyeol in amusement. His eyes says it all: I knew you were hiding something from me.

 

We're not hiding anything, at least I'm not hiding anything.”
“Really...? Then can you tell me why you and Baekhyun came home late last night?”
“We just took a trip around town, ate some food and talked.”
“You know very well that I usually don't snoop around in other people's business, but I can't ignore Baekhyun nor you if you look burdened for a whole day.”
“It's nothing, really. I honestly don't know what is going on, I just talked with Baekhyun last night. We ate some food, talked and then went back home. I don't know much more than that. Please don't talk about this in front of Baekhyun. I don't know if he's going through hardship or if he's burdening himself somehow, but I know that it's easier for him if we pretend that everything is alright.”

 

Suho nods slowly, but Kyungsoo doesn't look too satisfied. Chanyeol knows that Kyungsoo only wants to protect them, but sometimes not knowing anything is better than to know. Not even Chanyeol himself knows what is going on with Baekhyun or what is going on behind his back, but hopefully he will find out about it soon. Until then he will have to wait and be patient.

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Baekhyun lets out a long sigh and prepares himself mentally. He walks up to the apartment door that is the leading to SNSD's dorm where Taeyeon is living and takes a deep breath. He prepares himself once more before he reaches his hand out and hits the doorbell. He listens to the quick footsteps that are coming from the inside before the front door gets opened.

 

Baekie!”

 

Taeyeon throws herself over Baekhyun who forces himself to hug her back. She pulls out of the hug with a smile on her lips and quickly pulls him into the apartment. She closes the door behind him before she more or less forcefully pulls off his jacket him. Why is she so pushy today? Can't she let him step into the apartment before she starts pushing him around?

 

Come on, don't be shy and come inside.”
“Uhm, Taeyeon, you said it was urgent and that's why I came. If it's not too urgent, then I need to get back to my dorm.”
“Yah, it is urgent! I have missed you.”
“We saw each other yesterday! Come on, I still have work to do back at the dorm.”
“Really? Why are you lying to me? I know you're free.”
“Did my manager tell you that as well?”
“Yah, are you seriously grumpy with me?”
“Of course I am.”

 

Taeyeon gives him a hurt look while pouting slightly. That damn woman is trying to make him feel guilty, but she's supposed to be the one feeling guilty. Baekhyun looks away and sighs mentally. Why is she doing this to him? She was really nice when they first met, he can't understand why she's acting like this.

 

Come on inside, I want to talk with you.”
“Is it urgent? Seriously Taeyeon, I had a long day and I have no power left-”
“It's important. Come on, get your over here.”

 

Baekhyun gets his shoes off and follows Taeyeon further into the apartment. He feels the urge to turn around and run, but he refuses to give into it. No matter how much he would like to leave, he can't. Taeyeon will snitch on him, he already knows that she has (apparently) a very good contact with his manager. He has enough problems to take care of at the moment, he doesn't want more of them.

Baekhyun and Taeyeon sit down at the couch in the living room and he watches her smile happily. He takes a look around and notices that the dorm is surprisingly empty. It's nearly empty all the time or it looks like that whenever he comes by. Is this really SNSD's common dorm or has Taeyeon lied about it? He can't tell and he doesn't have the power to ask about it either. Instead he turns his gaze back to Taeyeon who is smiling at him.

 

I have good news for you! It's really urgent, but it's nothing bad!”
“Really? Tell me, what are those so called good news?”
“I have talked with my manager and he talked with yours and it looks like my suggestion have gone through!”
“What suggestion? I don't think I quite understand what you're talking about.”
“Baekhyun-ah, we're going to move in together! They think it's alright since we're working for the same company and all, so it won't bother them. Isn't it great?!”

 

Taeyeon smiles and claps her hands in her little excitement, Baekhyun on the other hand probably looks dead at the moment. He's both exhausted and pissed at the same time. This was the last thing he wanted to happen! He doesn't have time to waste his time with Taeyeon and besides, he can't move out from the dorm. If he does, then there is no chance that Chanyeol and the others will believe him when he tells them the truth.

 

Why aren't you happy? Why are you looking like that? Aren't you happy? I thought we both wanted this. I mean, we're always seeing each other anyway. I know that you're tired mostly of the time, but if you live here than you can rest and be with me at the same time. That would help you out a lot wouldn't it?”

 

What Taeyeon is saying is somewhat true, but this is something Baekhyun doesn't want. He understands that she actually thought about him this time and he appreciates it, but she isn't the one he wants to live with. How is he supposed to say that without hurting her feelings?

 

Come on Baekhyun, say something. At least tell me if you like the idea or not.”
“I don't want to be rude, but I don't think that is such a good idea. I appreciate that you thought about me, but... Taeyeon, I don't think this idea is going to help me the slightest.”

 

Baekhyun watches Taeyeon carefully while waiting for a reaction from her side. Though, nothing happens. She only nods slowly and looks away from him in silence. He expected her to scream and scold him, but she doesn't. She only sits there on the couch with Baekhyun who wonders if she's broken or not. Why isn't she saying anything?

 

So... What you are saying is that... you don't want to live with me? Is that it?”
“I'm sorry, but I think that is what I'm trying to tell you. Taeyeon, please don't get upset or angry. I really do appreciate your effort, but like I said I don't think it will help.”

 

Taeyeon only nods slightly while Baekhyun waits for a reaction. Suddenly she begins to cry. Baekhyun sees how her tears streams down her cheeks before she begun to sob and guilt hits him. He understands her so well, but he doesn't want to give her false hope. He's tired of this game and now when he thinks about it, Taeyeon is being fooled as much as he is. Though, she's not fully innocent herself.

 

Hey... I'm sorry, but... Please talk with me about those kind of stuff first before you go and make up plans. I didn't want to disappoint you like this, that's why it's important for you to try to talk with me about it first. Please don't cry.”

 

Baekhyun gently pats Taeyeon on the head, though he doesn't dare to get too close to her. She might get the wrong idea and she sometimes uses her tears to fool him to get closer. Though, this time it does look like she's actually crying.

 

I just wanted to be closer with you... Why are you always pushing me away like that?”
“T-Taeyeon noona, please don't cry. I'm not pushing you away, I'm just trying to show you that there is still a distance between us and that I'm not ready to close that distance.”
“Am I really that annoying to make you push me away all the time? Am I not good enough for you? Do you even love me?”

 

He is speechless or rather not able to open his mouth because he can't tell Taeyeon the truth. He only stares down at the floor and waits for her to scream at him, but she only sobs and curls together on the spot. He knows how much it hurts to know the person you love doesn't love you or wants to be with you. He understands all too well how it feels to be distant with the person you actually wants to be closer to than anyone else.

 

Baekhyun... I want you to leave... Please, just leave... I don't want to talk with anyone...”
“Taeyeon, please forgive me, but-”
“Just go... You're tired, I'm tired... I might have been to hasty... Please go, I want to be alone for a while... Please just go, I won't call your manager...”

 

Baekhyun stands up slowly since he's not sure if Taeyeon actually wants him to stay. Some women say one thing but actually means the opposite and he has noticed that Taeyeon is a little like that. His father used to say that you should always think twice when your girlfriend says it's alright for you to go out and have fun because she might not want you to leave after all.

 

I'm sorry... Let's talk another time... Goodnight.”

 

Taeyeon doesn't say anything, she only curls together on the couch and lets Baekhyun sneak over to the hallway on his own. He has been here for a while now, but he didn't expect to be able to go home this early. Though, he wonders if Taeyeon really is alright. Maybe he should call one of her friends and see if she can come over and watch her in his stead. He thinks he will have to do that just in case she is more upset than what he thinks she is.

 

***

 

Baekhyun glances down at his phone and sighs: it's already past 11 pm and he wasted two hours at Taeyeon's place. First he wasted nearly an hour to just talk with her, but he also had to wait for one of her friends to come home. Now he's finally outside the dorm and he's actually home before 12 pm like he promised Suho.

The dorm is quiet when Baekhyun enters it. Though, there are a couple of lights on which means that not everyone has gone to bed yet. He silently closes the door and locks it before he gets his shoes and jacket off. Honestly he's exhausted and he could need a long and nice sleep. Though, he's not sure if he will be able to relax after he left Taeyeon crying like that.

 

Baekhyun, you're actually home early today.”
“A-Ah, yes, I got home earlier than expected.”

 

Baekhyun smiles slightly towards Sehun who flashes him a weak smile as well before he walks towards his and Suho's bedroom. Baekhyun silently gets his shoes off before he walks out to the living room to find Chanyeol sit there with his phone in his hand. Has he been sitting there since he left?

 

Oh, you're home? Welcome back. Did everything go well?”
“Well... Not really...”

 

Baekhyun struggles to not think about Taeyeon and walks over to the couch instead. He carefully sits down besides Chanyeol who puts his phone away to pay his attention to Baekhyun. It looks like the others have decided to go to bed, though Chanyeol decided to stay here and wait. Was he really waiting?

 

Have you been sitting here since I left?”
“More or less. I had nothing better to do, so I thought I would at least greet you when you come back home.”
“Are you stupid...? Yah, you could have wasted your time better by playing the guitar or you could have composed a masterpiece. Why waste your time on waiting?”
“Because I was pissed and worried. Come on, let's go to bed. You look tired.”

 

Chanyeol quickly stands up and suddenly grabs Baekhyun's hand. Wait, what is he doing?! Baekhyun feels how Chanyeol pulls him or rather drags him along with him over to his bedroom. He tries to protest, but Chanyeol only needs to smile at him to shut him up. Honestly, he doesn't want to protest, he thinks this is exactly what he wants. But, if their manager finds out about this, then...

 

Chanyeol, w-what are you doing? I thought I made myself clear last night when-”
“Come on, don't be like that. I have something I want to tell you.”

 

The door to Chanyeol's room gets closed the moment Baekhyun steps inside before Chanyeol grabs Baekhyun's waist and pulls him closer. W-Wait a little, he's being way too forward and clingy. At least give Baekhyun enough time to react to what is going on around him!

 

Baekhyun... Do you remember that you promised to tell me the truth the next time we're alone. Though, you said that we can't be alone together for too long without someone noticing. That someone... I think I have figured out who it is.”
“A-Are you saying that you actually know what is going on even though I haven't said anything? A-Are you sure?”
“Well, I want to believe that. Please answer my following questions. Is the person who is watching you in the dorm at the moment?”
“N-Not what I know, though he might be. But I haven't seen him yet.”
“All members are home, so it isn't anyone in our group who is watching you. Am I right?”
“Y-Yes, but... I don't think we should be talking about this right now.”
“I told you, I won't let you get away the next time we're alone. I just want to confirm my theory, that's all. If my conclusion isn't wrong, then... You're hiding from manager-nim, aren't you? He's the only one I can think of that would be here from time to time and he's nearly always around us.”
“Chanyeol, I'm really tired... I'm sorry, but I have an headache and it's been a very tiring-”
“Did something happen at Taeyeon's place?”
“I-I never said I went to her apartment. H-How did you know?”
“Because you always have a strange look in your eyes when you have to see her. I only noticed it recently, but it wasn't hard to figure out where you have been.”

 

Baekhyun chuckles slightly, though he's mostly tired at this point and he has a hard time holding himself away from Chanyeol's warmth. He has missed him so much, but he's scared to get caught. He doesn't want to be mean towards Taeyeon either, after all she has no idea about him and Chanyeol. If she knew, he's pretty sure she wouldn't want to date him.

 

You look tired... Actually, I feel sleepy while looking at you. Is that even possible?”

 

Another chuckle escapes Baekhyun's mouth as he closes his eyes sleepily. He can feel how Chanyeol pulls him into a warm embrace and it feels like all his energy disappears. He doesn't have enough energy to push Chanyeol away anymore, he only wants him close. He feels how Chanyeol pulls him closer and gently his back with his warm hands. He has really missed this...

 

Let's sleep together tonight. I happen to know that our manager won't be coming in tomorrow morning, so we're safe. He's stuck in a meeting with the other managers and the CEO will apparently be there as well.”
“Are you saying that we can go behind his back for once?”

 

Baekhyun looks up at the smirking Chanyeol who pulls him closer. This giant is really smart sometimes, Baekhyun didn't even say anything to him and yet he figured out who is watching him. Chanyeol gently pulls Baekhyun over to his bed before he pushes him down. Baekhyun lets himself rest against the soft mattress and watches Chanyeol change his clothes in front of him. Is he trying to ?

 

Yah, since when did I deserve such a nice view?”

 

Chanyeol laughs at Baekhyun's comment before he gets over to him and joins him on the bed. Baekhyun throws his hoodie off and even go as far as taking off his pants before he cuddles down with Chanyeol. He can't believe that they're doing this. He knows that if someone sees them, they will definitely question it and if the manager finds out, then Baekhyun is more than screwed. But at the moment none of that matters.

 

Baekhyun... I have missed you... Just so you know, you're mine and mine only. I don't know why you're together with Taeyeon or what is going on, but she won't be able to have you for much longer. Mark my words, I will win you back.”
“You idiot... You have already won my heart a long time ago...”

 

Baekhyun hugs Chanyeol and buries his face into his chest. He can feel how Chanyeol breathes slowly and heavily and how one of his hands gently begins to run through his hair. The sleepiness begins to take over him and he begins to feel more than exhausted. It feels like his body has already shut off all the engines and he's slowly falling asleep to Chanyeol's gentle touch. For once everything is wonderful, but it might only last for tonight...

 

 


Ayo guys! Long time no seen! ^.^

I'm sorry for not being able to update for a while! There have been a lot of school work and I'm currently working on an assignment that will literally determine if I will be able to graduate school or not, so please don't scold me too much! ^.^

I want to thank you all for reading and I hope you're enjoying the fiction so far! If you like what you're reading, feel free to upvote or leave a comment! I love you all! ^.^

Peace and love to you all! <3