The Trip

Snapshots of a Girl in Motion

 

 

 

1. Before

 

 

On Saturday, Wendy found herself staying later in Seulgi’s room. Cuddling together under the covers, they talked, kissed, and laughed, but in the wee hours of the morning; she still felt the need to creep back into her own room.  A kiss for the sleeping Seulgi, the last gift she gave when she left.

With the loss of Seulgi holding her close, Wendy tossed and turned for the rest of the night, missing the warmth of the other bed.  This was Wendy’s first clue of how things would be when Seulgi was gone for four days. It would be strange not to have Seulgi around after weeks of getting reacquainted, and now she couldn’t remember those moments, before she’d moved back to Seoul, when they had been separated. The four days would be difficult, but nothing compared to what they faced previously, and at the end of Seulgi’s trip, she would finally move into Seulgi’s bedroom, a step she was ready to make.

 

-----

 

Sunday evening, Wendy found herself hovering next to Seulgi, as she helped her decide what to take on the trip.

“It’s going to be hot during the day, Seul,” Wendy said as Seulgi stared at a pair of pants.

“I’ll pack mostly shorts, but I may need these cargo pants for the shoot. They have a lot of pockets, see?” Seulgi pointed to the many pockets littering the pants.

“Good idea, okay, what about shirts?” Wendy asked.

“T-shirts? Tank tops, maybe?”

“True, but you may want to take a couple of your comfortable button down shirts. You’ll be at a couple of night shoots, right?”

“Yeah, smart thinking,” Seulgi walked into the closet and plucked a couple of plaid shirts from the rack, then walked back to the bed where her luggage was. Wendy stared at Seulgi’s hands as she tried to fold them to put them in her bag.

Wendy’s brows furrowed, but she smiled as Seulgi began to jam the two shirts carelessly into the bag. They were unable to fit, and Seulgi’s face showed frustration as one of them got hung on the bag’s zipper.

“Seul,” Wendy interrupted, “May I help you with those?”

Seulgi stared at the shirts that wouldn’t quite fit, then looked back to Wendy, and finally nodded in approval, “I need your help, for sure.”

Wendy showed Seulgi how to fold the shirt first, then roll it up like a tiny sleeping bag so it would fit and prevent wrinkles.

“You have ingenious ideas,” Seulgi side hugged Wendy and pulled her close to her side, “I never would have thought of that.

“You would have thought of something, you thought of the cargo pants didn’t you?” Wendy said, “Anyway, I just wanted to help.”

“Thanks, baby—I mean…Wendy,” Seulgi’s face blushed, “Sorry.”

Wendy chuckled, “Looks like I need to think of some more names for you.”

“I-I have a whole list that runs through my head when I see you,” Seulgi said.

“Really?”

“Yeah? Sometimes nicknames, that sort of thing. Sometimes I write lists of dates that would be fun to take you on.”

“I think of places to take you too,” Wendy beamed, “What name am I under on your cellphone though?” she wondered.

Seulgi’s face reddened even further as she turned and grabbed her phone. Scrolling to the S category, “I’m kind of embarrassed to show you.”

“I noticed, your face is really red, let me see? It’s really not a big deal. We live together, remember?”

Seulgi highlighted the specific name and handed the phone over for Wendy to see, and covered her eyes with her hands, unwilling to watch Wendy discover the name.”

Wendy looked carefully, “Sweet Seungwan,” Wendy curled her fingers but laughed, “It’s not bad.”

“Your office phone is under “Wan-ah’s Work,” may as well tell you that now, to avoid any further awkwardness,” Seulgi said.

“It’s not even embarrassing or awkward though?”

Seulgi uncovered her eyes, “It’s not?”

“No, the names in my phone may be more embarrassing. You showed me yours, I’ll show you mine,” Wendy pulled her phone from her back jean pocket and traced Seulgi’s moniker to the M portion of her list list. She found the name, highlighted it as Seulgi had done, and beckoned Seulgi closer.

Putting her hand in the pocket where the phone had been, and draping herself around Wendy, Seulgi read her nickname, “My Teddy Bear. I like it,” Seulgi said, grinning brightly.

“Good, it stays.”

“I wonder if Joy has thought of any more names for us yet…” Seulgi said, still wrapped around Wendy.

“Oh, you mean like the new craze word, “friendlationship?” Wendy asked.

“Yeah.”

“There’s no doubt she’s spent nights thinking of odd, yet strangely appropriate words to use on us,” Wendy said.

“Gotta love Joy,” Seulgi laughed.

“Oh, of course. She’s one of a kind. Will you ask her about it this week since she’s going with you? I need some new vocabulary words.”

“There’s no need for me to ask, she’ll just tell me.”

Wendy hummed, “True, very true,” she stood on her tiptoes and kissed Seulgi’s ear.

 

-----

 

“I think I’ll go take an early shower,” Seulgi said as the pair sat entwined on the couch, “Finish watching this show, and we’ll put in a DVD or something when I get out.”

“Okay, popcorn?”

“Sure, sounds good,” Seulgi kissed Wendy lightly—still amazed she could kiss her at all—and got up to head to the bathroom.

 

-----

 

While waiting for the popcorn to finish popping, Wendy wandered back into Seulgi’s room.  She had been thinking about those shirts they’d packed earlier and had a strange idea. She ventured into the closet, adjacent to the bathroom, and flipped through the many shirts Seulgi owned. The plaid was her favorite, but she wanted something simpler.

Before Wendy knew it, minutes had passed after surveying the shirt collection, and she could hear the bathroom door open. She could hear Seulgi’s feet shuffling toward her location and started to panic a bit. Seulgi walked into the closet in nothing but a towel, and was startled to see Wendy looking back at her.

Wendy gulped, “I-I…I was just…”

“It’s okay,” Seulgi said, striding closer, her towel rippling as she walked, “What do you need?”

“I was thinking of those shirts we packed earlier. I-I want to take one of your shirts and…wear it when you’re not here with me.”

Seulgi smiled, “Okay, pick one out.”

“Really?” Wendy asked.

“Sure, that’s not a complicated request. You can borrow my clothes whenever you would like. Are you planning to wear it to bed every night?”

“Yes,” Wendy answered, “But not just to bed…your bed.”

Seulgi could feel the heat in her body rising, “Pick one out,” she mumbled, “And I’ll put it on right now. That way you’ll know it’s something I’ve worn before.”

Wendy nodded and picked out the plainest, longest v-neck tee she could find, not wanting to mess up any of the nicer shirts that Seulgi owned.

“This one?” Seulgi asked, “It’s a little old.”

“That’s alright, it’ll be comfortable and soft when I wear it to bed. I like to see you wearing these,” Wendy said, pointing to the plaid shirts.

Seulgi smiled again, “Those are my favorites as well, I’d love to see you in one of them…maybe that’ll happen when I come back home to you."

Wendy stared and Seulgi took the plain shirt from her grasp, then began to remove her towel.

“Wait,” Wendy yelled, quickly turning away.

“It’s okay if you see me,” Seulgi said, “I really don’t mind.”

“I know, let’s w-wait a little longer for that though.”

Seulgi chuckled and Wendy’s sharp ears heard the thud of the heavy, wet towel as it dropped from around Seulgi’s body. She fought the urge to turn around, going dry at the thought of Seulgi’s body, and the shirt she’d just handed over....sliding across the planes of Seulgi's fit body.

“Done,” Seulgi said.

“Finally,” Wendy huffed then turned around and saw Seulgi biting her bottom lip as she often did. This time the lip bite frustrated Wendy, “L-looks good on you,” she could barely say.

“Yeah, but it may look better off of me,” Seulgi said, seduction in her voice.

This time it was Wendy’s turn to blush.

Not wanting to tease Wendy anymore, Seulgi spoke up, “Just kidding.” Instead of sensual she was back to her jovial self, “I’ll get some shorts and meet you on the couch, cool?”

“Yeah, cool,” A dazed Wendy turned and floated out of the bedroom to get the popcorn.

Seulgi grinned and went to find some shorts to make her outfit a little more appropriate.

 

-----

 

Seulgi crunched on a piece of popcorn as they watched an action movie.

“Do you think I’d make a good superhero?” Seulgi asked, taken in by the exciting images playing on the screen.

“Yeah, definitely,” Wendy replied.

“I think I’d like to have a cool power like x-ray vision or be able to film things with my mind and eyes, what about you?”

“I’ve never thought about it, I don’t think I’d make a good superhero,” Wendy said.

“I think you would, what about an ability to speak every language on earth? Or use your voice as a radar beacon,” Seulgi seemed excited to be thinking about superpowers, and Wendy loved this side of her.

“That…might be cool.”

“Not might, it would be awesome. Just imagine being able to travel the world and use that power, or help save people by locating them.

“Actually, when you put it that way, it would be cool,” Wendy replied.

“Exactly, we could travel the world together and go on secret missions.”

“Let’s not go that far, although traveling the world sounds nice,” Wendy said.

“What’s nicer is that I would be with you.”

 “That’s sweet.”

They huddled closer and finished the movie.

 

-----

 

As the credits rolled, the women stayed in place holding one another.

“I should probably go to bed, and you as well since we need to be at the airport at 6:30.”

Wendy nodded, “You’re right, I’m going to miss you.”

“Me too, I’ll call you as much as I can, and definitely at night,” Seulgi said.

“Okay, but I want you to enjoy yourself.”

Seulgi latched onto Wendy, “I’ll try. I wish you could come though.”

“Me too, but there’s literally no way I can get off work.”

“When you get time off, we’ll go somewhere together. Anywhere, you pick,” Seulgi said.

“I’ll be thinking on it, let’s get up or we’ll want to stay like this forever,” Wendy said.

“That’s not far from the truth, though,” Seulgi whispered.

“Same,” Wendy whispered back.

And before they got up, Wendy kissed Seulgi tenderly. She grabbed Seulgi’s shirt—soon to be hers—and held on tight, “I’ll be wearing this every night to bed, to your bed.”

Seulgi chuckled, but was feeling the heat again. They kissed again, longer and more languid this time, before untangling.

“So good,” Seulgi groaned, responding to Wendy.

Wendy buzzed near Seulgi’s lips, “So are you.”

 

-----

 

Seulgi stared out the passenger’s window of the studio van and questioned leaving Wendy once again. Wendy, in the driver’s seat on their early morning drive was totally in tune with Seulgi’s emotions. She knew how Seulgi was feeling because she felt the same way.

“It’s okay,” Wendy said.

Seulgi was awakened from her reverie, “What?”

“That you’re leaving me, don’t worry. We talked about this last night, I’ll be fine.”

“I know, I know,” Seulgi said.

“It’s four days and we’ll both be busy,” Wendy explained, trying to reassure Seulgi and herself.

“Yeah,” Seulgi put her hand on Wendy’s thigh, because both of her hands were on the wheel, “But look forward to my return.”

“I’ll be waiting.”

 

-----

 

As Wendy pulled up to the curb, she could see members of Seulgi’s studio crew waiting outside the airport with their luggage. Because of their early arrival, Wendy was able to park for a moment and help Seulgi with her bag and carry-on. The crew looked on as Wendy placed Seulgi’s camera bag on her shoulder.

Seulgi looked in Wendy’s eyes and saw nothing but calm waters. Inside, Seulgi wanted desperately to reach out, take Wendy in her arms, and kiss her. But with her employees—besides Joy and Irene, who stood laughing at her predicament—unaware of their relationship, Seulgi felt uneasy in initiating anything.

“I want to kiss you,” Seulgi whispered.

“But we shouldn’t, is that what you’re thinking?” Wendy asked.

“I must seem so wish-washy right now; I’m desperate for you, but powerless to do anything about it.”

Someone from the group yelled, “Come on Seul,” and she turned to look at the culprit. Whoever it was would be receiving a stern talking too later on.

“Look at me,” Wendy said, and Seulgi turned back around to find Wendy closer than she had been previously. Wendy took her index and middle fingers of her right hand, put them to her own lips, then moved them to connect with Seulgi’s lips, effectively—or ineffectively—kissing her, “There’s not much time, and that’s all I could think of last minute.”

“I’ll think of this moment for the entire trip,” Seulgi said, “I’ve never left someone at the airport like this, like a scene from a movie or something. It’s odd.”

“I’m a phone call away,” Wendy smiled and leaned forward for a hug, “Have a good time, teddy bear.”

Seulgi’s heart swooned a bit at the name and the hug, but then she heard another yell from the distant group, “We gotta go.”

Seulgi grinned, “See you later, be back soon.”

“Bye,” Wendy said, “Be safe.”

And with that, Seulgi ce more and walked-semi-jogged away, Wendy watched until they all entered the airport. Seulgi was the last one in and turned to wave one more time, then disappeared into the building.

Now she was alone.

 

 

=====

 

 

2. During

 

 

 

After landing, Seulgi had little time to rest.  They arrived at the hotel and dropped their things off in their rooms.  She was in a room alone, while Irene and Joy would be sharing the room across the hall. Seulgi’s schedule would be very busy and she didn’t mind it. This was what she loved to do, the feeling of capturing a moment forever. A rush she couldn’t describe.

Now she just wished someone was beside her, and that someone was Wendy. She loved the feeling of having Wendy in her life, treasured it knowing that Wendy wanted her as much as she wanted her. Even though they weren’t together at this moment, her feelings of love, desire, and commitment were ever present.  In this moment, sitting on the bed alone in a Jeju hotel room, she vowed to make sure Wendy always knew her feelings, always knew that she would be there too.

 

-----

 

In the afternoon, Seulgi found herself in a field of flowers looking at a mountain in the background. Now it was time for work mode. A place she went that often fatigued her but brought about the best work. The staff from her studio, and the clothing company the pictures were for watched as Seulgi instructed the models on how she wanted them to pose.

Irene and Joy laughed loudly as Seulgi knelt amidst the flowers and took pictures, all the while also listening to Seulgi sneeze and seeing her eyes water. And yet she continued working without even bothering to wipe away her tears.

“Either she’s missing Wendy and crying, or we need to stop at the store and pick up some allergy medicine,” Joy said.

“I’ll put it on our list of things to do. We’ll probably be stuck here until evening, and then straight back to the hotel to eat. After that, there’s another location,” Irene said, “And knowing, Seul, she won’t take a break until she’s finished.”

“Then tomorrow night’s the beach shoot.”

“Yeah and Seulgi will want to map out what photos she’ll take tomorrow night,” Irene explained.

“True, we’ll need to make sure she eats something soon, or else she’ll forget about it. You know how she gets during shoots like this. Constant work, plus she’s probably busy thinking about Wendy too.” Joy said.

“I’ll be meeting with the graphic designer from the clothing company in a few minutes to take a look at Seulgi’s first shots, ask for a break then.”

“Got it, let’s help her relax as much as possible,” Joy said, “Poolside tomorrow?”

“Agreed,” Irene answered, “See you in a bit.”

 

-----

 

That night, after the final shots of the day, Seulgi found herself alone, really alone. Lying on the bed, she just stared at the ceiling. Her work was the best, but it really fried her brain. With a tiring day behind her, and more ahead, it was time to call Wendy-ah, time to hear her voice. She’d tried her best not to think about Wendy being alone back in Seoul, but now when she was no longer surrounded by people, the feeling of missing Wendy crept in. The nights would be more difficult than the days.

Seulgi rolled over, sat up against the pillows, and grabbed her phone. Scrolling through the contacts she finally made it to the S section, smiled, and pressed send.

 

-----

 

 

In the kitchen, Wendy poured herself a glass of apple juice and leaned against the counter. From the bedroom, the sound of her phone rang throughout the apartment. Startled, Wendy threw the plastic cup into the sink on instinct, and ran to answer the phone.

“Hello?”

 

-----

 

“Hey, baby,” Seulgi said, “I’m sorry I’m just now calling.”

Wendy panted and sat down on the edge of the bed, “It’s okay, I got your text. I knew you wouldn’t be able to call until late. Is everything going smoothly?” Wendy finally breathed.

“Did you run from somewhere?” Seulgi asked, aware of Wendy’s heavier-than-normal breathing.

“Yeah—I ran from the kitchen to the room to get the phone.”

Seulgi chuckled, “Are you missing me already?”

“Yes,” Wendy said.

“I’m missing you too.” A silence took over until Seulgi finally broke it, “Everything is going well. We got finished with two locations today, and there will be another tomorrow night.”

“So you’ll get to sleep in tomorrow if it’s at night.?”

“Hopefully. The shoot will probably last for much longer tomorrow than it did today, So I’ll need to get some extra sleep beforehand.”

“Make sure you rest well, alright?”

“I’ll try my best,” Seulgi said, “Will you stay in your room or my room tonight?”

“Really want to know?” Wendy asked, rasp in her voice for effect. She could hear Seulgi audibly gulp.

“Yes, I want to know,” Seulgi whispered.

“It’s your room, and I’ll move some of my things in here when I get home tomorrow.”

“Good,” Seulgi said.

“I’m wearing your shirt, it still smells like your body wash. I love it.”

“Just the shirt?” Seulgi asked.

“Maybe, let me check,” Wendy said, teasing, “Yep…just…the…shirt. It’s all I have on currently. The only thing missing is you.” Wendy could hear Seulgi groan, “I’ll be here for you when you get back, maybe I’ll ditch the shirt then.”

“I better hang up before this escalates further,” Seulgi said, “Though I wouldn’t mind taking this conversation further.”

“On that note I’ll stop teasing you, just trying to get you back for the towel incident,” Wendy laughed, “Get some sleep, and call me when you can tomorrow.”

“Well, you definitely paid me back, but I enjoyed it so I’m not sure if your plan to tease me worked out like you wanted it too.”

“Seulgi, it worked like a charm, just go to sleep,” Wendy laughed.

“You sleep well too,” Seulgi said, “Good night.”

“Night.”

Seulgi waited and finally heard the click of the phone, and then she realized she was alone again.

 

-----

 

“Wake up!” someone yelled. Seulgi’s eyes opened and she realized her face was smushed into the pillow. Light suddenly poured in, and people moved around her.

“Get up, sleepyhead,” Seulgi recognized the voice to be Irene’s.

“What are you two doing in here?” Seulgi asked, cranky.

“We’re going to the pool,” Joy said.

Seulgi rolled over and quickly her eyes, “Too bright, too early.”

“It’s 12:00 PM, sweetie,” Joy mocked.

Seulgi sat up then, “12:00, really?”

“Yeah, we’re ready to be poolside, just waiting for you,” Irene said.

Seulgi yawned, “I don’t even have a bathing suit.”

“Sure you do,” Joy replied, and held it up for evidence.

“Did you go through my stuff?”

“Yeah, and it seemed really organized, more so than usual,” Irene said.

Joy nodded, “We guess Wendy.”

Seulgi threw her legs off the side of the bed, “Yeah, she helped me pack.”

“Cool, we thought so, now go change, and meet us at the pool,” Joy said.

“But…”

“10 minutes,” Irene said, and the pair left Seulgi by herself.

 

-----

 

With shades and the suit on, Seulgi sat in a lounge chair between her two friends, sipping on an umbrella drink that Joy had made her order.

“Are you relaxed?” Irene asked.

“For now I am. Tonight will probably be stressful.  I’m already thinking about shots I want to take.”

“And Wendy right? You’re thinking of Wendy?” Joy asked.

“Clever, Joy, “Yes, I’m think about Wendy,” she placed the drink beside her.

“Tell us about your more-than-friends-ship,” Joy said, chuckling.

“So, first it was friendlationship, and now it’s a more-than-friends-ship?” Seulgi asked.

“Exactly.”

Can’t wait to tell Wendy about this gem,” Seulgi laughed.

“There’s more where that came from, my mind is in constant intellectual motion.”

“Great, Joy, we got,” Irene said, “Now fill us in Seulgi.”

“We’re closer than ever. I wish she could have come with us for the week, but no dice, she’s working.”

“Have you made it official yet?” Joy asked.

“Not yet, but I’m going to ask her when I get back. Any thoughts on what I should do?”

“Just ask her?” Joy suggested.

“Well, of course I will, but where?”

“Just do it wherever you feel like. At home, or elsewhere,” Irene said.

“Maybe I’ll take her to the studio.”

“I’ll start work on a couple name, to mark the official beginning,” Joy said.

Seulgi pulled down her shades and glared.

“Calm down, I’ll make it a good one.”

“Great,” Seulgi said, sarcasm ringing through her voice.

 

-----

 

A thousand tiny lights sparkled on the beach, a path formed by candles. At the end of the path was a woman and Seulgi looked at her through the lens of her camera. Suddenly the wind came through and blew out most of the candles. The crew rushed in to light them again. The night shoot was in full effect.

“Okay, a five minute break,” the fashion director for the ad campaign called out, annoyed by the candles.

Seulgi put her camera on her shoulder and walked to where Irene and Joy were, “Time?”

“11:45, we’ll be here longer, though, much longer,” Joy said half-heartedly.

“Great,” Seulgi answered, “If that’s true, I’m going to go try to get a hold of Wendy.”

 

-----

 

Walking a short way down the beach, Seulgi let the phone ring until she heard a faint voice on the other end.

“Seulgi-ah? Wendy asked, having just woken up.

“Yeah, it’s me, baby, I’m sorry it’s late.”

“It’s okay, what’s up?” Wendy asked, “Been to see your family at the teddy bear museum?”

“No,” Seulgi laughed, “I’m at the beach shoot still working, and I wanted to check it. But someday we’ll go see my family at the museum.”

“Thank you for checking in.”

Just then, Seulgi saw someone running toward her, one of the female models.

“Wendy, stay on the line, I think one of the models needs to ask me something.”

“Okay,” Wendy said, groggily.

“Miss Kang, we’re almost ready for the next shoot, should I do anything different pose-wise?” the model asked.

“No, the shots are good, just pose naturally as you have been.”

“Okay, one last question, when we get back to Seoul would you be interested in going out with me sometime? I’d really like to get to know you.”

Seulgi was shocked but answered quickly, “No, I’m sorry, I can’t. I’m seeing someone whom I love, and she’s on the other end of this phone call,” Seulgi held up the phone.

The models face changed to embarrassment, “I’m sorry, I had no idea, forgive me.” Not sure what to do, she continued to apologize.

“I know you didn’t mean any harm, but I would just never agree to your offer. I’m really in love, and I wouldn’t hurt her or be disloyal to her trust,” Seulgi said.

The model nodded, and unsure of what to do after that scurried off to the other models.

Seulgi picked up the phone, “Wan-ah, are you still there?”

“Yes,” she said quietly.

“I-I’m sorry, I didn’t know she would ask me that, I don’t even know her name. I thought she was going to ask me something about the shoot. Forgive me.”

“Why should I forgive you?” Wendy asked, “There’s nothing to forgive, you just defended our relationship.”

“I really want to hold you right now,” Seulgi said, “I’ll defend you forever. You’re it for me.”

“Same,” Wendy said, “You’re it for me too. I love you.”

“I love you too,” Seulgi looked at the people setting up and realized she needed to get back, “Okay even though this will be awkward now, I need to get back to the shoot.”

“I’ll browse the internet for an “I’m taken” shirt,” Wendy joked.

“Funny, go back to sleep, okay?”

“Roger that.”

-----

 

When Seulgi finally got back to her room at 3:00 in the morning, she thought about internet shopping and her conversation with Wendy. She clicked on a site, found what she wanted, then customized it before heading to the checkout.

Tomorrow a surprise would be delivered to Wendy.

 

-----

 

The next day, in front of a recording mic, Wendy was laying down a demo for a song that management wanted their female duo to sing. After finishing both parts, Wendy hung up her headphones and went back out to listen to the finished demo.

“Good job, Wendy, you’re vocals were on point today. You could release this demo yourself and it would be a hit, even the rough cut,” the studio manager said.

Wendy smiled but thought back to her days of auditions and she felt sadness creep in, “Maybe, but that won’t happen. My days of auditions are over. Besides, I love this job.”

“I know you do, but still, I hope more people get to hear your voice.”

“Thanks, I need to get back to my office; I have some calls to make. Let me know if you need me back in here today, just text me.”

“Got it, see you.”

 

-----

 

Back in her office, Wendy had just finished her phone calls, when she heard a knock on the door.

“Miss Son?” A person in a delivery uniform came in with a large box.

“Yes, that’s me.”

“You have a special delivery, the message is taped on the box.” The man sat the box down, waved goodbye, and quickly left the office.

Wendy was stunned, but curious, so she stood up and took the taped message off to read.

 

I still want to hold you,

Will you hold me too?

Tonight, wrap your arms around me

Because I need to feel your embrace.

This gift won’t be the same as my touch, but

Think of me whenever you see it,

Be home soon.

-Your Bear

 

Wendy opened the box, and inside was a teddy bear wearing an orange sweater. Wendy smiled and thought back to her conversation with Seulgi. Her heart tingled and she fell deeper for her sweet bear.

 

-----

 

That night, Wendy got ready for bed and pulled her worn-in Seulgi shirt on and slid under the covers. The teddy bear was tucked neatly in beside her. Wendy got comfortable, hugged the bear, and waited.

She received her evening call from Seulgi as she lay next to her new teddy bear. This time they face-timed each other and Wendy proudly displayed her new friend.

“Do you like it?” Seulgi asked.

“Her, I like her. She’s you in teddy bear form, remember?”

Seulgi laughed, “You’ll get to hold me soon. What will happen to the teddy bear when I make my return?”

“She’ll have to sleep between us,” Wendy joked.

“Ouch, ouch, hurt,” Seulgi said.

“It was really sweet of you.”

“Well,” Seulgi said bashfully, “You’re sweet too.”

“Sugar overload, I got to go.”

“Stay with me a little while longer,” Seulgi whined, “Please? I just want to look at you.”

“Well, when you put it that way,” Wendy said.

 

-----

 

When the call was finally finished, and Wendy was alone, she held the bear tighter and suddenly she heard a voice. A voice that sounded remarkably like Seulgi.

SEULGI-BEAR LOVES SEUNGWAN

If she hadn’t recognized the voice, Wendy would have been frightened, but she hugged the bear and it spoke again:

SEULGI-BEAR LOVES SEUNGWAN

It was obviously Seulgi’s voice, and obvious that the bear reacted when pressure was applied. She pressed its tummy and the voice spoke again:

SEULGI-BEAR LOVES SEUNGWAN

Wendy replied, “SEUNGWAN LOVES SEULGI-BEAR.”

 

 

=====

 

 

 

3. After

 

 

 

This was Seulgi’s last day, and she found herself in a famous park surrounded by beauty and palm trees. Tonight she would fly home, but before that, she wanted to take the team out to dinner after the shoot finished.

Being the last shoot, Seulgi wanted to make sure that the results were just as good as the first day. The weather was beautiful, and the location was a bonus for everyone. When the last frame of the day was shot, and everything was looked over, the company congratulated Seulgi and her team on a job well done, and a promise to work together on future projects.

 

-----

 

With the photos all turned in, Seulgi sat with her crew at the restaurant. The atmosphere was good, and so was the food. Just as the meal ended, Seulgi stood up from her chair.

“I need to tell everyone something, “ she said.

“What is it, Seul?” Someone asked.

“I’m in love,” Seulgi said, bluntly, “I’m asking her to make it official very soon, I want you guys to know,” She breathed a sigh of relief.

“We already  know, Seul,” one of the crew said.

“WHAT?” Seulgi was surprised.

“No one told us, or ratted you out. We see the change in your demeanor. You’re head over heels in love, aren’t you?”

“Yeah,” Seulgi admitted, “I am.”

“Cheers, Congrats, All the best. And no worries, not a word of this will be spoken.” A round of applause broke out, and everyone lifted their drinks to celebrate Seulgi’s news.

Seulgi nodded, “Thanks, and here’s a cheers back. Everyone was on their A game this week, congrats on a job well done.”

 

-----

 

Wendy was warm, warmer than she had been in a while. Opening her yes, she felt the tickle of someone breathing on her neck, and a hand around her waist. She was holding a teddy bear, but her own human bear was holding her. She just knew.

She placed the bear on the nightstand and turned over to face Seulgi who was fresh from the plane.

“Seulgi, wake up.”

“I’m awake,” Seulgi said, leaning in and kissing Wendy’s nose, “I haven’t been back long.”

“I didn’t even hear you come in, I must have been tired,” Wendy said.

“I needed to see you, I just had to hold you.”

”Hearing this, Wendy threw her arms around Seulgi and went straight to her lips. They kissed gently at first, then hungrily as their feelings caught up to them.

After separating, and trying to maintain control, Seulgi’s left hand began to wander. Wendy hummed in appreciation. Seulgi’s fingers played with the hem of the shirt she’d let Wendy have, pushing it up, revealing smooth skin, and eventually moving her digits across Wendy’s killer abs that clenched in response.

“Mmm, this shirt looks good on you,” Seulgi purred, “Someday, though not quite yet, you won’t need this shirt anymore. We’ll forget about everything else, and it will be me who delights in seeing you look good, in seeing you feel good. That time is coming fast, but not tonight,” Seulgi’s hand moved to Wendy’s back, scraping lightly down it with her nails, “Let me just hold you close tonight, I need you next to me, after this long week.”

“Okay,” Wendy agreed, “I want you close too.”

 

-----

 

In the morning, they awoke together and stayed as they were, too warm and comfortable to move.

“We made it for four days without each other, and I don’t know exactly how I did that,” Seulgi said, “Though there will be times like this again, just know that I really did miss you.”

“I missed you too, it was not cool coming back to the apartment every night alone,” Wendy said.

“Your move in here is permanent, right? It’s our room now?” Seulgi asked.

Wendy drowsily pointed to some of the things she’d moved into their now shared room, and then to Seulgi-Bear.

“I can’t leave Seulgi-Bear, can I?”

Seulgi smiled her signature smile, “No definitely not.”

 

 

 

 

-----

 

 

 

Chapter 5 finished! Once again, I thank you for the kind compliments for this story. All of the commenters, subscribers, and readers are awesome, and give such great feedback. I’ll be back soon with Chapter 6, so please look forward to it!