Okay, whatever you want, baby.

Snapshots of a Girl in Motion

 

 

 

 

Seulgi found herself driving all over Seoul and the surrounding areas with Wendy for the next couple of weeks. There was still work to be done at the studio, but Seulgi took long weekends off in order to fulfill part of her promise to Wendy. They went to a water park, several museums, and ate at a long list of restaurants Wendy had been asking to visit. This wasn’t to say that Seulgi was satisfied, it wasn’t the adventure she had promised, at least not yet.

Adventure to her meant traveling to foreign lands, and seeing the world together, but that was part of the plan she would need to enact when she finally returned home from her long journey. She looked forward to her own travels, and she intended to do her absolute best on the job, but it would certainly be a bit bittersweet without Wendy by her side.

For now though, Wendy was constantly smiling and happy. It meant a lot to Seulgi to see her girlfriend this way, especially as they got closer to the time of her departure. Leaving Wendy for three month was going to be one of the most difficult things she had ever done, but she insisted on leaving Wendy with fond memories until she could return. Being together in the moment was important and for now, that thought was enough for the both of them.

Now, in this moment, they were in the car again and Seulgi and Wendy were about to check another item off their “Adventure List.” They had planned to go hiking and spend the day together, and now the road was clear of traffic and they were essentially by themselves as Seulgi navigated the winding, nature-filled roads to the spot she had spoken with Wendy about.

“We’re really getting close now, you don’t need to stop do you? We should be there in about twenty or so minutes,” Seulgi said as she concentrated on the road.

“No, I’m fine,” Wendy countered, “Though I’m looking forward to getting there.”

“Sorry,” Seulgi whispered, “Maybe I should have picked a spot closer to where we live.

“Nonsense, traveling with you is awesome and besides that, I like road trips,” Wendy said, as the sunlight danced across her face, “And now that I’m road-tripping with you, you might say I love them.”

“Road trips?”

“Yeah, I’m beginning to love them.”

Good,” Seulgi chuckled, “I like taking them with you.”

Wendy nodded and leaned back into her seat.

“Are you sure you’re okay with hiking though?” Seulgi asked, “It might take us a while to actually get to the top of the trail.”

“It’s fine, Seulgi, you’re with me, aren’t you? You’re all I need…besides water and maybe a snack.”

“Yeah,” Seulgi whispered, “I’m here.”

“Then I’ll be fine,” Wendy replied. She leaned back again and closed her eyes.

“…and I also anticpated your request.”

“What?”

“I packed tons of snacks and plenty of water, and our suits too,” Seulgi said.

Wendy opened one eye and looked over at Seulgi, “Bathing suits?”

“Yes,” Seulgi answered shyly.      .

“Is there a body of water where we’ll be able to use our suits?” Wendy asked.

“Yeah, there’s a stream that runs into a lake that we can swim in, plus it’s hot and we may need to cool off when we climb down the trail.”

“Mmhmm, sure you’re not just wanting to see me change into a bathing suit?”

Seulgi glanced over to Wendy, “Well…yeah, but it might be nice to take a dip once the hike is over.”

“I’m thinking there was no need to pack suits though,” Wendy said mischievously.

Seulgi’s eyes widened, but she only turned slightly,“W-what do you m-mean?”

“I’m thinking no clothes may be fun if we’re getting in the water,” Wendy said, she leaned back again and closed her eyes.

“You mean…a skinny dip?” Seulgi asked in English.

Wendy chuckled, “That’s exactly what I mean.”

Seulgi gulped and turned her eyes back to the road, “Okay, whatever you want, baby.”        

 

-----

 

When they finally pulled into the parking lot across the street from the hiking trail, the sun was high in the sky and Seulgi was itching to get out of the car. Their conversation about swimming had been playing through Seulgi’s mind over and over again, and now she looked forward to getting some fresh air and heading out onto the hiking trail.

“Are you ready, baby?” Seulgi asked before she opened her door.

“Yes,” Wendy agreed, “This will be fun.”

They both got out of the car and Seulgi put the backpack on that she had packed before they left the apartment, “If you want to stop and rest at any point, just let me know.”

“Same here. I may want to rest before you do, but if you feel like stopping, let me know as well.”

“Okay,” Seulgi smiled. They stopped in front of the car, checked the bag once more, and headed to the trail entrance hand in hand.

 

-----

 

The hike was more difficult than Seulgi remembered from the last time she had come, but they were both making it fine and had passed the lake that they would return to later for their swim. The afternoon sun was hot, but not quite blazing, so that made a difference, but the trail itself was quite steep and Seulgi held tight to Wendy’s hand anytime there was a questionable area on the path.

“This is tiring, but fun,” Wendy said.

Seulgi nodded, “It reminds me a little of our hike in Hawaii when we went zip-lining, but I don’t remember this trail being as tough as it is. Then again, I haven’t hiked in a long time so maybe that’s it.”

“Probably, but we’re doing okay, aren’t we?”

“Yeah,” Seulgi said, smiling, “We’re making good time, are you hot?”

“Of course,” Wendy laughed.

Seulgi returned the laughter, “You know what I mean!”

“It’s a bit hot, but I’m okay. I’m  definitely looking forward to that swimming you were talking about,” Wendy said as she held onto Seulgi’s hand on one of the last hills before they got to the top, “I’ll bet the water will feel really good, and cool us off.”

“Mmm,” Seulgi agreed, “I’m looking forward to it as well, it’s hot out, but I think we’ll be okay. I’m glad I packed a lot of water though.”

“Me too,” Wendy said, “When we get to the top let’s eat lunch and stay a while, then we can come back down and hop in the water.”

“Good idea,” Seulgi said, and they both continued up the trail.

 

-----

 

Finally after one last trudge, they made it to the top of the trail where there was a fantastic view of the surrounding area. They sat on a blanket that Seulgi had prepared and divvied up the sandwiches and chips that Seulgi had packed in her bag before they’d left home. Wendy was thankful that Seulgi had planned ahead and prepared so many items for the hike.

“I like being outside with you,” Seulgi said, interrupting Wendy’s thoughts, “And I’m glad we’ve been spending so much time together.”

“Me too,” Wendy said as she took a bite of sandwich. It was pretty tasty for someone not adept at cooking skills—not that sandwiches really needed those skills, “Your sandwiches are good.”

“Surprised?” Seulgi asked.

“Maybe a little bit,” Wendy replied.

Seulgi grabbed a chip but before she bit into it, she spoke, “Thanks for the compliment.”

“You’re welcome.”

A few minutes passed and Seulgi spoke again, “I’ve got other plans in mind too besides this hike…but they’ll have to wait until later.”

“I know,” Wendy said, “We’ll be alright, I don’t want you to worry so much about leaving me behind. We’ve worked that out haven’t we?”

“Yes, I think so, I just want you to know that I recognize all the sacrifices you’ve made to be with me,” Seulgi pondered.

“And I recognize the ones you’ve made for me,” Wendy said.

Seulgi smiled and took Wendy’s hand, “Anyway, look forward to all that I have planned when I get back.”

“I will, have you decided which locations you’re going to need to travel to?”

“Yes,” Seulgi said as she took a sip of water, and then she began to explain,“I’ll fly out of Seoul and head to…….”

And they talked for a long time and enjoyed the sunshine and nature that surrounded them.

 

-----

 

 As they made their descent from the top of the trail, and came upon the lake again, Seulgi got nervous and saw a mischievous glint in Wendy’s eye as she thought about jumping into the cool, clear water.

“So you’re not going to use one of the suits I packed?” Seulgi asked with a gulp.

“Do you not want to see me today?”

“No, it’s not that, I’m just nervous about getting in without clothes on and then people seeing us,” Seulgi tried to explain.

Wendy chuckled, “…Okay, hand me the suit.”

“Really?”

“Yes, we’ll put on the suits, but next time prepare to leave them at home.”

“…I will….remember that for next time,” Seulgi said as she fished into her bag, and pulled out two one-piece bathing suits, “Where should we change?”

“Right here,” Wendy said, and she began to take off her clothes. Seulgi glanced around and looked to the nearby trees, “The forest is not a good idea for doing a quick-change, Seul. Just hurry now, and when we decide to get out, we’ll put our clothes over the suits in case anyone shows up.”

“Alright,” Seulgi said, bashfully. She quickly removed her clothes as Wendy was doing and they both proceeded to put the suits on.

 

-----

 

Finally in the water, Seulgi and Wendy were playing, cuddling and having fun. The water, though cool at first had taken some getting used to, but now they were close together and in past their shoulders. They were in the corner of the lake where the shade was abundant and the sun wasn’t a bother. Wendy was practically wrapped around Seulgi’s waist, and Seulgi certainly wasn’t complaining. “Thanks for bringing me here,” Wendy said, “And for taking me so many places these past couple of weeks.”

Seulgi nodded, “I know this isn’t the truth, but I feel like I owe you a lot of time, time that I’m going to miss. It’s important to me that we spend these moments together. So being with each other like this is very valuable to be.”

“Well, you’re right, you don’t owe me anything, but I’m glad we’re getting so much free time to spend with one another before you leave as well.”

“Thanks for understanding,” Seulgi said, she hugged Wendy tighter and felt arms rubbing her back. Wendy leaned in close and placed her head on Seulgi’s shoulder, “Is this alright?”

“Of course,” Seulgi answered.

“Good,” Wendy said. She used her lips to play with Seulgi’s sensitive ear and heard a moan in response.

Seulgi shivered, not from the water, but from the Wendy’s touch, “That feels really good,” she said.

“I was hoping it would,” Wendy replied. She took the earlobe in and gently teased it with her tongue and teeth.

“My ears are…” Seulgi tried to speak but became distracted.

“They’re sensitive…I know,” Wendy breathed.

“Mmhmm.”

Wendy leaned back form Seulgi’s ear and saw that her eyes were shut tight, “Is it too much?”

“No,” Seulgi said, quickly opening her eyes, “It’s definitely not too much.”

Wendy chuckled and then a naughty smile spread across her face, she moved away and spoke,“There is one thing you owe me.”

“Huh?” Seulgi asked.

“You said you owe me, and that’s actually true,” Wendy answered.

“What do I owe you?” Seulgi asked, confused.

“A kiss.”

Wendy leaned back  into Seulgi and took her lips, “You’re ears are sweet, but your lips are better.” She molded herself into Seulgi’s body again and felt warmth spreading through it like a wave.

“You’re really good at this,” Seulgi said in between the tilting of their heads to get better access.

“You’re good too,” Wendy said. Seulgi took Wendy’s bottom lip between her teeth and pulled it gently. Wendy moaned and dove back into Seulgi, “…And I need you.”

“I can feel that,” Seulgi whispered, her hand wandering around below the tense surface of the water.

After a long while, they decided to take a breather, and broke away from each other, although they remained close. They simply looked at one another; no words were needed until Seulgi broke the silence.

“I love you,” Seulgi said, “And this has been a great day.”

“Agreed, but it may have been better without the suits,” Wendy joked.

Seulgi smiled and leaned in to kiss Wendy again, “We can always lose them…if that’s what you want.”

 

-----

 

On the way home they held hands as Seulgi drove. They hadn’t lost their suits, but they had come fairly close. Some hikers had walked past them as they made out, and the pair were embarrassed—even Wendy—but they laughed about it when the other hikers waved to them and they finally climbed out of the lake.

They put their clothes on over the suits—as Wendy suggested—and trekked back to Seulgi’s vehicle. The pair rode in mostly silence as they made their way back home until Wendy began to whisper-sing a song that Seulgi had never heard before.

“Something you’re working on, baby?” Seulgi asked.

Wendy nodded, “Yeah, nothing special, just a little melody that I’ve been working on.”

“I’d love to hear it when you’re finished,” Seulgi said, adjusting her grip of Wendy’s hand as she held firmly to the steering wheel. She never took her eyes from the road.

“I hope it’s….finished in time,” Wendy said softly.

Seulgi pondered this statement for a moment, “Me too.”

“I had fun,” Wendy said, changing the topic quickly.

“Same here, someday we’ll bring everybody and we’ll make another day of it,” Seulgi replied.

“Sounds like a good idea.”

“We’ll have to keep our suits on then too, so that may change up your idea to never bring suits again,” Seulgi said.

“You’re right,” Wendy answered, “But I’m not worried, we’re going to lose these as soon as we step through our apartment door.” She leaned over and kissed Seulgi’s cheek. Seulgi glanced over and saw another cheeky grin on Wendy’s face.

Seulgi gulped and turned her eyes back to the road, “Okay, whatever you want, baby.”   

 

-----

 

Currently working on chapter 24 as well, so I'll try to get it posted as soon as I can. Thanks for the comments and thanks to my new subscribers. I really appreciate the support.

Until I get 24 posted, follow me @snapshotsandink on twitter.