Mornings

Snapshots of a Girl in Motion

 

 

 

1. Note

 

 

Seulgi left particularly early in the morning for a breakfast meeting with a new client, she hadn’t wanted to leave Wendy alone on her first day, but begrudgingly realized it was her only option. She packed her things in her bag, kissed Wendy gently, and left the apartment hastily in fear she would be late.

Wendy awoke by herself, wrapped in their warm blankets, and with the feeling  of Seulgi’s berry lip gloss on her lips. She smiled and knew Seulgi had most likely leaned in and said goodbye with a kiss before she had rushed out into the busy morning traffic.  Wendy blinked a couple of times to get woken up, and then rolled over towards where Seulgi had been a couple hours before. That side of their bed was cold now, but the indentation of Seulgi’s body was still there in the wrinkled fitted sheet where they had collapsed together last night. Wendy glanced at the pillow and in place of dark, flowing hair, was a note on Seulgi’s pillow. Wendy rolled with the blanket onto her stomach and read the note:

 

Morning baby! Don’t forget that I have that breakfast meeting today, I’m sorry we couldn’t wake up beside each other like I wanted, but we’ll make up for that later. I got up early (I know, I know, without your help) and by the time you read this, I’ll probably be eating something not as good as the breakfasts you fix me. Anyway, I know you’re excited and nervous about coming in today, but no worries, we have a shoot, and I’ll need your help. I already have a plan worked out. I’ll be in the studio when you see me next, just come at 11:00, okay?

I love you, beautiful, see you soon.

-Seul

p.s. wear that pair of jeans that I like, I think you know which ones I’m talking about, and that shirt too ;) just kidding, just wear something nice but comfortable for a photo shoot day.

 

Wendy rolled her eyes at Seulgi’s attempt at humor and flirtation, but went to her closet and found herself looking at that pair of jeans that Seulgi had spoken of in her note. She got showered, dried her hair and put on the skin tight jeans with the white top, and a pair of adidas sneakers. She really just put the jeans on because she wanted to see Seulgi’s reaction to them when she walked into the studio, but they were practical and comfortable enough so she didn’t mind.

She went to the kitchen and ate some yogurt and a banana, and then waited until time to go to the studio.

 

-----

 

At 10:50, which was a late start for her, Wendy carefully locked the apartment door, put her new name tag on, and walked down the hall. She took the elevator down to the studio , she could have taken the stairs, but opted to ride down instead. Now, as Wendy listened to the cable rattle and the elevator car lower her to the floor below, she thought about the wonderful turn her and Seulgi’s relationship had taken over the weekend. She touched her lips, and twinged with ached that she hadn’t seen Seulgi off this morning. She had never felt that way about anyone before.

Last night was just as perfect as the other times. Physically, they matched so well, and had taken their time getting to know one another fully in that way. Learning about Seulgi’s body was probably Wendy’s favorite new activity but the other part of their relationship, their ability to laugh, joke, and have fun with one another was just as vibrant as it had been last week. Even after the powerful moments in bed they’d shared in such a short time, they still found time to smile and talk, but that was because their friendship was their main priority and always would be in their life together. She thought about how they’d become tangled in the sheets after making love last night, and could only laugh because they couldn’t seem to find a way out. She chuckled at the memory and thought about how Seulgi had smiled at their predicament and just held her. Seulgi was still kind and gentle, and very funny, but Wendy could see the intense edges of her now, and she was grateful to be growing so close to her.

 

-----

 

As these thoughts swam in Wendy’s head, she felt the elevator stop, and awoke from her thoughts as the door slid open before her. She could feel the buzz in her veins from nervousness, but proceeded cautiously to the door of the studio. Pushing it open, she was greeted with a carnival-like atmosphere, much like when she had entered this place the first time. This time, Yeri was nowhere near the door, and thankfully and she had her own nametag that said:

 

Son Seungwan

Official Employee of Kang Studios

 

Walking in, she saw Seulgi talking to someone from her crew in the corner, so instead of interrupting she snuck to the lounge and waited for further instructions, and because she wanted Seulgi to come and find her, she sent a text message.

 

To Seulgi: I’m here, went to the lounge, didn’t want to interrupt your convo, thanks for the note and kiss this morning. Wanted to say that before we have to behave for the rest of the work day. Love you.

 

Opening the door to the lounge, Irene and Yeri were busy at a computer, and Joy was sitting on the couch going through a file, but they turned at the noise and looked to see who had walked through the door.

Yeri’s eyes lit up, and Irene smiled, “Hey, Wen, ready to work?”

“Definitely,” Wendy said.

“Seulgi will be in here in a moment, and she’ll tell you what she needs,” Joy said, giving a thumbs up to Wendy.

“I saw her out there, but didn’t want to interrupt her so I sent her a message telling her I’m here.”

“Are you nervous?” Joy asked.

“A little, but I’m okay for now,” Wendy said. Joy nodded knowing exactly how she felt.

“Welcome,” Yeri said, “I’m not at the door this time.”

“I know, and I’m glad,” Wendy replied with a smile, “You didn’t make a great bodyguard for the door, but I have my new badge if you want to check it,”

Yeri laughed, but then the door opened again and everyone watched as Seulgi walked in with a huge grin on her face.

 

-----

 

“So, I hear we got a new employee today,” Seulgi quipped, then winked at Wendy.

“Hello,” Wendy said.

“Let me see your nametag.” Seulgi walked up to Wendy and looked straight at her brand new tag.

“Son, Seungwan, nice name, are you ready to work hard?”

“Yes, ma’am,” Wendy said, playing along.

“Good,” Seulgi said, she got closer, leaned in and whispered into Wendy’s ear, “I see you wore the jeans.”

“Of course, just for you,” Wendy whispered back, “Want to tell me what you need me to do now?”

“Oh…sure,” Seulgi said, backing away.

Irene laughed, Joy rolled her eyes playfully and Yeri was clueless and working on a document.

“I need help with the set today. We have a lot of props and backgrounds for today’s shoot, and I need some ideas for different set-ups. Come look out here see what we have, and then can you do some rough sketch ideas for the layouts?”

“I’m not the best at drawing, but I can do rough sketches for you,” Wendy said.

“That’s fine, it’s really just concept ideas, doesn’t have to be perfectly drawn.”

“Cool, how much time do I have for that?”

Seulgi looked at her watch, “Right now you have forty-five minutes, and I need about fifteen different panels to go from, is that okay?”

“Yeah, once I’ve seen the props it should be quick to draw everything out.”

“Alright, Miss Son, come out here with me, and once you’re done with the drawings and the shoot’s started, you can help me decide where we need to move everything in between shots.”

“Okay,” Wendy said, happily. They walked out together, keeping it strictly professional, that was important to both of them. With something to do now, Wendy’s nerves had dissipated and she focused on the task at hand rather than what she could or couldn’t do.

Seulgi saw the light in Wendy’s eyes when she had given her this challenge. She knew Wendy didn’t normally do things like this, having worked with vocalists for so long, but seeing Wendy with such fervor on this first task, Seulgi and knew that Wendy would be just fine here. And because their friends and the crew had agreed so whole-heartedly for Wendy to join them for the time being, she knew the absolute support of everyone would boost Wendy’s confidence again.

 

-----

 

At lunch, the girls all huddled in the lounge and ate sandwiches that Joy ordered from the sub shop down the street.

“Is everything going well, Wendy?” Irene asked.

Wendy used a napkin to wipe off, then answered, “Yes, everything’s been good so far, I’m just glad to have something to do, and not get in everyone’s way.”

“I told you I had things planned out,” Seulgi said.

“I know, I trust you,” Wendy said, “For a first day, I’m not as nervous as when I walked in, and that’s thanks to everyone for being so kind to me.”

“You’re our friend,” Joy said, “There’s no reason to be nervous around us anyway, if you need help, just ask.”

“Speaking of asking,” Irene said, “Do you guys want to come over to my apartment Friday night? I was thinking of having a sleepover like we had last week, except this time I provide the food.”

“Yeah,” Seulgi said, “That sounds fun.”

“What about you, Yeri?” Irene asked, “Do you want to come over?”

“Yeah, last time we had a lot of fun, so I’ll come for sure.”

“I’m down,” Joy said.

“Wendy, do you think you could bake something for dessert? I have everything else planned out, but I’m not the best at that,” Irene said.

“Sure,” Wendy said, “I’ll be glad to bake something, I can recruit Seulgi to help me out.”

Seulgi could only look at Wendy with surprise. She would probably just end up watching Wendy do all the work, but if Wendy was going to volunteer, she would agree as well, “Sure, I’ll help.”

Noticing Seulgi’s tone, Wendy could only laugh, she knew that Seulgi couldn’t bake either and would probably just end up doing more harm than good, but it would be something fun to do, and another activity to add to their growing couple list.

 

-----

 

That night in bed, after Wendy’s first day, they decided that relaxing was what they needed, nothing else but lying in bed and watching television.

“Was I okay at work?” Wendy asked, when a commercial came on.

“Of course, you were really helpful when it came to fixing the backgrounds and props. I was glad you were with me, it kept me calm. Plus everyone was glad to see you.”

“I’m glad,” Wendy said, “I just want to do well for as long as I’m there.”

“I know, baby, and besides, today is the most hectic it gets around there, the rest of the week will be much quieter,” Seulgi said.

“Okay,” Wendy said, “By the way, what do you want to make on Friday for the sleepover?”

“I don’t know,” Seulgi said, looking down and grabbing Wendy’s hand.

“How about brownies and a pie?” Wendy asked.

“That sounds good,” Seulgi replied, “But you know I’m not a good baker like you are.”

“That’s alright, I know what I’m getting myself into. Friday afternoon we’ll go out after work and buy a boxed brownie mix, that will be easy enough and you can help me with that, and I’ll make the pie.”

Seulgi nodded in agreement, “That’s probably for the best, if we have to use eggs or something, I’ll end up getting shell in the mix and ruining that too. So premade will be the easiest.”

Wendy laughed, “Even the boxed brownie mix will need eggs, baby.”

“Really?” Seulgi asked, shocked.

“Yes, maybe even two.”

Seulgi faked a faint on the bed, and leaned against Wendy, “I’ll need your help with that as well then.”

“No problem, we’re here to help each other.”

 

 

2. Bakers

 

The rest of the week went smoothly as the first had, and Wendy became accustomed to her new schedule. Nights were filled with loving Seulgi, and days were filled with their good work relationship. Her fear of Seulgi begin annoyed with her hadn’t come to fruition because Seulgi was often gone to meetings as she had predicted, and Wendy was left to do her work at the studio—often helping Joy or Irene, or running errands for people—so their reunions in the evenings were much as they had been all along. On Friday afternoon, after only a half day at work, everyone left to go prepare for the sleepover, promising to be at Irene’s by 7:00.

Seulgi and Wendy walked to the grocery store nearby together, and picked out everything they needed to make the brownies and ingredients for Wendy to make a key lime pie.

“Will we need any other ingredients for the brownies?” Seulgi asked.

“No, I think we have everything else back at the apartment. At the register, Wendy paid and they headed back to get started on baking.

 

-----

 

Seulgi put the brownie mix in the bowl, then added the oil that was needed from a measuring cup, “Okay now I’m going to crack the eggs and then we can just mix it, right?”

“Yes,” Wendy said, “Are you good or do you need me to help you?” She was mixing up the filling for her key lime pie.

“No, you showed me what to do, so I’m going to try it by myself,” Seulgi said. She lightly tapped the egg on the counter and felt as it cracked. She used both hands and cracked it the rest of the way and watched as the egg fell into the bowl without any shell.

“I got one,” Seul said.

“Good job,” Wendy laughed, “Now do the other one.”

After repeating the same steps, Seulgi cracked the other egg into the bowl, “Got it.” She smiled proudly at her work.

“Okay now measure the water and pour it in,” Wendy said.

Seulgi followed this step, “Done.”

“Now you just use the electric whisk and mix it all together and we can put it in the glass dish and bake it.”

“Awesome,” Seulgi said.

“Make sure you start on low first, and let it mix for a little bit before you turn the whisk on high,” Wendy said, zesting a bit of lime.

“Okay,” Seulgi said, grabbing the whisk and putting it directly in the bowl. She reached for the power button, but instead of hitting the low button, she accidently hit the high button, and once the whisk started to move, the brownie mix, egg, oil, and water flew around the bowl, and out onto the counter.

“Oh gosh,” Seulgi screamed. The mix was going everywhere. On Seulgi, on Wendy, and all on the kitchen island.

“Turn it off,” Wendy said over the loud whirring of the whisk.

But before she turned it off, Seulgi, not thinking, lifted the whisk out of the bowl, and the excess mix on the end flew everywhere, much more than it had when in the bowl, and it continued to whirl at high speeds because  Seulgi panicked and couldn’t react.

Wendy lunged, grabbed the whisk from Seulgi and turned it off with ease, but now her face and hands were dotted with the chocolate mixture.

“I’m sorry,” Seulgi said, “I pressed the wrong button.”

“I know,” Wendy said.

“I’ll clean up my mess,” Seulgi said, defeated.

“It’s not a big deal, Seul,” Wendy said, “There’s still plenty of brownie mix left in the bowl.”

“You’re not mad that I messed it up?”

“No, you did so well getting everything together, now we just need to pour it in the greased dish and bake it. I’m almost done with the pie mixture, so I’ll help you pour it in, then we’ll clean up, okay?”

Wendy helped Seulgi pour the mixture and put it in the oven, “We’ll check it in fifteen minutes with a toothpick,” Wendy said, moving to finish her pie mixture.

“Alright,” Seulgi said, happier knowing Wendy wasn’t upset. She pulled a cloth from the drawer and went to wet it at the sink, she wiped her face first, looking in the microwave for a makeshift mirror, then went to Wendy to help her, “Look at me, baby.”

Wendy turned to Seulgi and watched as she helped wipe the bits of chocolate that had flown across the room from her face with the warm cloth

“Is that it?” Wendy asked.

“No, you have a little left right here,” Seulgi said, pointing to Wendy’s lip.

“Really?” Wendy asked.

“Yeah, let me help you.” Seulgi moved closer, leaned in and kissed the lip that the chocolate was on, “Sweet.”

Wendy dropped her spoon on the counter and joined in on the fun, kissing Seulgi as well, “You’re right, it is sweet.”

“But I thought I got all the chocolate off of me?” Seulgi asked.

“You did,” Wendy smiled, “It’s just your lips that I’m tasting.”

 

-----

 

After the fifteen minutes went by, Seulgi and Wendy broke apart and went to check the brownies. Wendy used a toothpick and checked to see if they were done.

“About five more minutes,” Wendy said. She turned to her pie, and poured the mixture into a homemade graham cracker crust, “Once the brownies are done, I’ll put this in for about ten minutes, and we’ll be set.”

When the five minutes were up, Seulgi took the toothpick and checked the brownies again, “Done,” she said.

“Okay, let’s put this in, and then we can go take showers and put on our pajamas for the sleepover.”

The pie cooked quickly, and Wendy took it out to cool next to the brownies, “Alright, let’s go get cleaned up.”

Seulgi grabbed her hand and they headed into the bedroom to get ready.

 

===

 

 

3. The Pajamas

 

 

Walking down the hall that led to Irene’s apartment, Seulgi held the desserts in a picnic basket with one hand, and Wendy’s hand with the other.

“We’ll need to…try our best not to show PDA,” Wendy said.

“I know,” Seulgi agreed, “But it’s going to be difficult.

“We’ve somehow controlled ourselves before this week, let’s just try our best,” Wendy said, smiling.

“Okay,” Seulgi said, smiling back at her.

They got to Irene’s door, and rang the doorbell. They could hear faint footsteps padding their way to the door, and then Irene opened it with a smile and a wave.

“Hey,” Seulgi said, holding up the dessert basket, “Sweets are here.”

“Oh,” Irene said, “Nice! What did you make Wen?”

“Brownies and key lime pie, but Seulgi actually made the brownies by herself.”

“Really?” Irene asked, surprised.

“Hey! Don’t doubt me,” Seulgi said, “It’s true, I made them.”

“Okay, sorry,” Irene chuckled, “Come on in.”

“Are those rabbits?” Wendy asked as they walked into Irene’s apartment.

Irene looked around and then looked down at herself, “Oh, on my pajamas? Yeah. And those are bears on yours?” They had worn the couple pajamas that Seulgi bought weeks ago.

“Yeah,” Seulgi said, bashfully.

“Seulgi picked them out,” Wendy said.

“Wendy!” Seulgi complained.

“It’s fine,” Wendy said, “You’re my teddy bear.”

Irene laughed, “Don’t worry, I won’t tell Joy that you picked them out.”

 

-----

 

Inside, Joy and Yeri were sitting on the couch and talking already.

“Good,” Joy said, seeing Wendy and Seulgi walking in behind Irene, “We’re hungry, and the food smells good. It took you guys long enough to get here.”

“It’s just now 7:00, right?” Wendy asked.

“Yes,” Irene said, “But they came over early, and watched me cook.”

“That explains it,” Seulgi said, “Don’t complain because you were early and we were on time, Joy.”

Joy glared, but then changed and smiled at Seulgi.

“What are we having, unnie?” Wendy asked.

“Stir fry with noodles and veggies,” Irene said, “And your brownies and Key Lime Pie.”

“Oh, awesome,” Yeri said, “I love brownies.”

“Good,” Seulgi said, “I made them.”

You made them?” Joy asked, “Don’t eat them, Yeri, for your own safety. Stay away.”

“Why not? Why shouldn’t Yeri partake of my brownies?” Seulgi asked.

“You’re a terrible baker,” Joy said, “The next thing you’re going to tell me is that you picked out those tacky bear pajamas yourself, Seul.”

No one said a word, but Seulgi only looked at Wendy, then down to the ground.

“You actually did pick them out, didn’t you?” Joy asked, giggling.

Seulgi nodded.

“Okay,” Irene said, interrupting the friendly bickering, “It’s time to eat.”

Joy was about to make a joke, but Irene stopped her by putting her hand up.

“I’m just kidding, Seulgi-unnie,” Joy said, “I’m going to eat both desserts.”

“Alright,” Seulgi laughed, “I know I’m not a good baker either, though.”

“We tried them,” Wendy said as they walked to the kitchen, “They’re edible……I mean tasty.”

Everyone looked to Seulgi after Wendy corrected herself, but she just turned to Wendy, grabbed her hand and busted out laughing as they walked to where the food was.

 

 

===

 

 

4. Yeri & The Vampires

 

 

After they finished dinner, they took their desserts to the living room and sat on the couch together. Joy, Irene, Wendy, and Seulgi was the order, and they watched Yeri as she put in the DVD, then rushed back to the couch and crammed in next to Seulgi on the other end.

“What kind of movie is this?” Seulgi asked.

“It’s horror!” Yeri said, chuckling, “With vampires. I love vampires, and scary movies. The scarier the better, to be honest.”

The four of them turned their heads to the end of the couch then she looked at Yeri, then she looked back,

“What?” Yeri asked, taking a bite of pie, “I really do love vampires.”

“If it really is scary, then we better get ready,” Seulgi said, “We had a situation with a horror movie earlier in the summer, and haven’t watched one since.”

“Do I need to pick something else out?” Yeri asked.

“No,” Wendy said, “It’s okay, everyone is here together, how scary can it be?”

 

-----

 

Very scary was the answer to Wendy’s question. Very scary.

Wendy and Irene jumped the most during the movie, and Yeri just sat on the end of the couch laughing , because she’d seen it so many times before.

Seulgi held Wendy’s hand and whispered in her ear that it was alright, and after that she calmed down, but Irene didn’t. During one particularly gruesome scene she covered her eyes and wouldn’t look at the screen. At that point, Joy and Wendy comforted her together, and made sure she was alright.

“Can we stop this?” Irene asked, quietly.

Seulgi got up instantly when she heard Irene’s tiny voice, and turned off the movie.

“I’m sorry, Yeri, I don’t think I can finish watching this,” Irene said

“Oh, unnie,” Yeri said, “I’m really sorry, I didn’t know you were this scared, let’s just watch something else.”

“I’ll go up and get something,” Seulgi said, walking to the door and heading up to pick something out from her collection.

“Why do you like scary movies?” Wendy asked Yeri.

“Well, sometimes I wish I could be a vampire,” she said.

“Really?” Joy asked. Irene just stared at her.

“Yeah, just for a little while,” Yeri said, “You don’t like vampires, unnie?”

“No, I usually steer clear of movies like this,” Irene said.

“Sorry,” Yeri said, “Next time unnie can pick.”

Eventually Seulgi came back and put in a new movie, “This one is a comedy, we need a good laugh.” She settled back in next to Wendy and held her hand.

“Good,” Irene said, “This will be better.”

 

-----

 

The movie was funny, and everyone laughed, but Irene still seemed a bit afraid from the other movie.

“Let’s do something else to cheer unnie up even more,” Yeri said.

Wendy stood up and went to her bag, “Music,” she said, waving her phone.

Wendy and Seulgi picked out music from Wendy’s iPhone for everyone to listen too, and then they started dancing. It was particularly funny because no one had seen Wendy danced this way before, wild and carefree.

They danced around the couch, around the kitchen, and right in front of Irene. One by one everyone got up and danced, and finally Irene did as well. During one particular song, Wendy and Seulgi lip-synced and Irene collapsed on the couch with laughter. Her fear was gone, drowned in happiness as everyone cheered her up.

When everyone got tired, they sat and talked. They stayed up talking for for a long time. Seulgi told Yeri and Wendy some of the tales from when she’d traveled around Korea. Yeri told them about her time at the magazine internship, and then they all—minus Yeri—told Joy all about her behavior at the Karaoke bar, which no one had bothered to do yet.  She thought they were kidding at first but then realized that what they were saying was true.

“Don’t worry,” Seulgi said, “We didn’t take pictures or video of you yelling at the people singing.”

“Thank you,” Joy said.

“But no more making fun of our couple shirts.”

“You got it, Seul.”

The time flew by as they spoke with one another like old friends. That’s what their group was becoming, close and loving.

When 2:00 rolled around, Yeri began to yawn and they decided to call it a night. Sleeping arrangements were agreed upon and they all went to do their nightly routines.

Yeri took the couch, jumping on it gleefully when they allowed her to have it. Joy took the recliner, and laid it back far so it was more like a bed, and Irene took her own bed, not afraid any longer.

Wendy and Seulgi got the floor— and not that they minded. Everyone helped them move the coffee table and because Irene brought out a lot of blankets and pillows, it was a fairly comfortable setup, and they were together so that was a definite plus.

Everyone settled in, and Irene hit the light, heading to her own room, “Night everyone,” she said.

“Goodnight, unnie,” was their collective reply.

 

===

 

 

5.  The Importance of Sleep

 

 

Seulgi and Yeri were still asleep in the living room while Irene, Wendy, and Joy worked on breakfast. Joy cooked bacon, Irene made eggs, and Wendy fixed waffles in Irene’s waffle maker.

“Think this will be enough?” Irene asked.

“Yeah,” Joy said, “At least enough bacon, I made a lot of it.”

“I made two waffles for each person, if Seulgi wants another one, I’ll help her fix it when we get home, she really likes breakfast,” Wendy said.

“Does she really?” Joy asked.

“Yeah,” Wendy answered, “It’s her favorite.”

“I’ve got two kinds of juices, and I’ll start a pot of coffee now,” Irene said.

“Okay,” Joy said, “I’m going into the bear/vampire den to wake them up.”

“Good luck with that,” Wendy said, as she helped Irene set the table.

 

-----

 

Three girls walked into the dining room. One, Joy, was wide awake. The other two were still sleepy and dragged themselves behind her.

Wendy saw Seulgi’s sleepy eyes and walked up to her, “Are you still sleepy, babe?”

“Yes,” Seulgi whispered, “Very. That was a long night.”

“That’s okay, we’ll eat and then head back upstairs and you can get in the bed,” Wendy said.

“Are you going to get in with me?” Seulgi asked, forgetting other people were around.

“TMI, TMI,” Joy shouted.

Seulgi and Yeri jumped at the sudden loud noise emanating from Joy’s mouth.

“Too loud, unnie,” Yeri said, as she sat down at the table.

Wendy laughed, then whispered to Seulgi, “Yeah, I’ll get in too, if it helps you sleep better.”

“It will, I don’t sleep well unless we’re in our bed together,” Seulgi said.

Joy fake gagged, then sat down next to Yeri.

Irene walked in with the juices, “Yeri-ah, I have some blood orange juice for you, look it’s really red!”

Yeri looked, then half-smiled.

“Is she okay?”  Irene asked, “I thought she wanted to be a vampire. It’s really red, like blood.”

“She does,” Wendy said, “But vampires prefer the night, right Yeri?”

“Exactly, unnie, and bears like to hibernate,” She pointed to Seulgi who was drifting off to sleep at the table. Wendy rushed to sit next to her, and tapped her nose, “Time to eat, sleepyhead.”

Seulgi lifted her head up again and stared at the food in front of her.

“Well, anyway, everyone dig in,” Irene said, sitting down at the head of the table, and though they were sleepy, Yeri and Seulgi seemed to enjoy the food more than anyone.

“How’s the food?” Wendy asked, as she watched Seulgi gobble down the waffles.

“So good,” Seulgi winked, “Thanks for making it. And thanks to Joy and Irene too.”

“You’re welcome,” Joy and Irene said in return.

 

-----

 

Back upstairs, after telling everyone goodbye, and thanking Irene, Seulgi quite literally fell into their bed. Wendy had to pull her legs up and onto the mattress, and under the covers, “You really are sleepy, aren’t you?”

“Yes,” Seulgi said, “I didn’t sleep well. Joy snored, and Yeri kept moving on the couch above us.”

“I know, the makeshift bed was fine, and I was glad we were together, but I guess Yeri likes to toss and turn. I just don’t think I’ve seen you this tired before.”

“Oh, you’ve tired me out before,” Seulgi quipped, through hazy eyes.

Wendy looked shocked.

Seulgi opened one eye, “Don’t look so surprised that you’ve tired me out, especially during late nights. But even if I’m tired, sleepy, or otherwise, watching you and feeling you making love to me is the best sight I’ve ever seen. Now come here and hold me.”

Seulgi scooted over, and Wendy slipped under the covers with her, wrapping her arms around Seulgi’s fit waist, “You don’t want to hold me? Like usual?”

“No, Seulgi said, sometimes I want to be held too, and this morning is one of those times.”

“Okay,baby,” Wendy smiled and leaned into Seulgi then kissed her ear, “Sleep well, I’m right here.” And soon Seulgi’s breathing settled and she was peaceful, resting, asleep, and though Wendy was wide awake, there was nothing like being with Seulgi in their bed in the morning.

 

 

=====

 

That’s chapter 11 everyone! I decided to post this here because it’s definitely not rated M. It’s sort of the sweet before the heat of chapter 12, which will cause this story to be in the other section. This chapter isn’t as long as some of the others, but I wanted to get it out quickly and move on to chapter 12, and get on with the story. Thanks for checking this out, and a big thank you to each of my new subscribers, people who have subscribed prior to this, commenters, and to the readers! Tell me what you think about it.

On a side note, I created a twitter account so that I can start following the readers of this story, Red Velvet fans, and anyone else that wants to follow me. I haven’t been supporting this on twitter thus far, because I just have a personal twitter that I use at work, etc. that isn’t related to this story at all, so I wanted to create one in case people had questions, or just wanted to chat.

If you want to follow me my twitter account is @SnapshotsandInk

Follow me there, it's the only place I'll be for this story, and I’ll answer questions and would love to get to know more people from the fandom.

Thanks again for reading this, and be ready for chapter 12…it’s…interesting to say the least.