Down the Line

Snapshots of a Girl in Motion

 

 

 

It was the middle of the next week and Seulgi and Wendy were in the full swing of things in Hawaii. They had visited all the famous places they’d read about in the guide book, and now they were climbing up a rather large mountain and through a heavily forested area with a few other people to go zip-lining.

“You okay?” Seulgi asked Wendy as she walked behind her.

“Yeah, I’m good, do you want some water?” Wendy asked.

“Sure,” Seulgi said. Wendy handed her the water and they continued onward.

They got to the first zip-line not long after that, and Wendy and Seulgi let the other couples go first.

Seulgi watched with a solemn face as the others cruised along the line and made it to the other side.

Wendy laughed and cheered with the others when someone made it across until she glanced over at Seulgi who didn’t look as pleased as the rest of them.

“Are you alright, baby?” Wendy asked.

“Yeah,” Seulgi replied, non-convincingly.

“Tell me what’s wrong,” Wendy whispered.

Seulgi looked at Wendy, thought for a moment, and then finally spoke up, “Remember when you told me you were afraid of the ocean?”

“Yeah,” Wendy answered, she waited for the rest of the story.

“Well, I’m like that with heights,” Seulgi said.

“Really?” Wendy asked, worried, “ Why didn’t you tell me before we got here? Do you want to go back down?”

“No, this was my idea, and I’m going through with it, I just wanted you to know why I wasn’t as excited as you. When we finally got up here, I realized that I wasn’t as into it as I thought I was going to be.”

“Do you want me to go first? I want you to know that you’re safe on the line,” Wendy said.

Seulgi nodded and Wendy grabbed her hand, “Okay, I’ll go first. It’s no problem,” Wendy smiled and rubbed Seulgi’s hand lightly.

“Alright,” the guide said, “Wendy, you’re up.”

“Awesome,” Wendy said, as she let go of Seulgi’s hand. Seulgi held onto Wendy’s pinky and begged her to look her way again. Wendy turned and looked at Seulgi’s face. It was marked with lines of worry, and Wendy needed to reassure Seulgi again, “Don’t worry, I’ll be safe, and so will you. I love you so much, you know that, right?”

Seulgi nodded, “Yes, I know.”

Wendy kissed Seulgi’s cheek and walked back to the guide, “Ready.”

The guide hooked her up to the line and she was ready to go. Before she left, she looked at Seulgi, “I’ll be waiting for you on the other side of the line, don’t be afraid, okay?”

Seulgi nodded again and gave Wendy a small smile. In an instant, Wendy had jumped from the platform and was traveling down the zip-line, yelling with delight the whole way. Seulgi couldn’t help but laugh when she saw Wendy land on the other platform across the way. The guide on the other end unhooked Wendy and she stood up to look at Seulgi. Even from this distance, Seulgi could make out the OK sign that Wendy was making with her fingers.

“Alright, you’re the last one up besides me, ready?”

Seulgi gulped but walked over to be hooked onto the line.

“Okay, on the count of three jump off and the line will support you, have fun.”

Seulgi looked at Wendy once more who was waving from the other side.

“1…2…3,” and Seulgi jumped off.

 

-----

 

“That was amazing, I’m glad I did it,” Seulgi said as they ate burgers at a local restaurant.

“I’m glad you did too, the last line was awesome, wasn’t it?” Wendy asked as she bit into a fry.

“Exactly,” Seulgi replied.

“Did it cure your fear?”

“I don’t know about curing it, but the zip-line was safe and a lot of fun, baby steps.”

“So that rock-climbing/B.A.S.E jumping trip I’m planning needs to be canceled, right?” Wendy asked slyly.

Seulgi fake glared at her, “Yeah, that’s out for now, but we’re still going to watch shark week when we get back home, right?”

Wendy chuckled, “Okay, you win.”

 

-----

 

In a turn of events, Wendy found herself next to the ocean again, but this time she was only watching as Seulgi surfed a few waves. She wasn’t a pro, but she wasn’t bad either, and they weren’t in an area that was well known for big waves or being hostile to tourists, so it was the perfect spot to try.

The sand around her feet had turned to mud between Wendy’s toes and disappeared as the water washed it away. She saw Seulgi paddle and then pop up on her board. Wendy admired Seulgi because she was so willing to try everything, even the zip-line that she had been afraid of earlier in the week. Often she could feel the effects of how opposite they were, but in the department of, ‘If at first you don’t succeed,’ they had the same attitude.

After a couple more waves, Seulgi called it a day, and ran—baywatch style—ily from the water. Wendy could only watch as Seulgi the salt water from her lips and flipped her sopping hair so it was out of her face, “Damn, I’m lucky,” Wendy thought to herself. Seulgi probably didn’t even realize that her simple actions were the main things that turned Wendy on.

Looking up, Seulgi saw Wendy and smiled, she ran toward her and collapsed onto the sand, satisfied at having caught a few waves. Wendy laughed and brushed the stray strands away from Seulgi’s eyes that she had missed.

“You were really good,” Wendy said.

“Not really,” Seulgi said, “But I had fun.”

“It looked like it,” Wendy replied.

“So, what do you want to do now? There’s still a lot of day left,” Seulgi asked.

“Well, you’re probably hungry, right?”

“Yeah, very,” Seulgi said.

“Well let’s go get something to eat.”

“And then?”

“And then we’re going back to the hotel and I’m going to ravish you,” Wendy replied.

Seulgi looked shocked.

“That run out of the water you made was ridiculously hot, almost illegal, surfer girl,” Wendy leaned over and kissed Seulgi’s lips.

“So…” Seulgi said when the kiss was over, “Want to get the food to go?”

Wendy stood up from the sand, “That may be the best idea you’ve ever had.”

 

-----

 

With only a few days left, Seulgi planned for a special dinner for the two of them right on the beach. It had certainly surprised Wendy to see billowing curtains, candles, and all things romance on their walk down the beach.

“That’s not for us is it?” Wendy asked.

Seulgi nodded, “That’s why I said we should dress up.”

“When did you plan this?”

“A while ago,” Seulgi said, after we decided to come here too.

“I can’t believe it,” Wendy said, hugging Seulgi tightly, “Thank you, it’s so nice.”

Seulgi hugged Wendy back, “You’re welcome, you deserve moments like this, we both do, even if it’s not our normal style.”

Wendy smiled and let Seulgi lead the way.

 

-----

 

The dinner was wonderful, and they talked and laughed together, and thought back on all they had done for the past few days.  When they finished eating, they reminisced about Florida and all they had done there, and Wendy began to absentmindedly caressed the ring on her finger.

“It looks good on you,” Seulgi said as she noticed Wendy’s actions.

Wendy looked to Seulgi, confused.

“Your ring, it looks good. And you’re so beautiful tonight. Well every other night too.”

“Thank you,” Wendy said, smiling. She felt shy suddenly at this dinner and looked down at her folded hands.

“Don’t look down,” Seulgi said, “I want to see your gorgeous eyes.”

Wendy blushed but looked back up at Seulgi and smiled.

“I don’t mean to make you feel shy, are you?”

“A little, I think it’s the atmosphere though,” Wendy said, “I’m not normally like this. I mean, I know we can be cheesy, but this…it’s really romantic. But I do like it.”

“I’m glad you do. Want to get up and take a walk on the beach?” Seulgi asked.

“Yeah, let’s go.”

They pushed away their chairs, and then, hand in hand they walked down the beach.

 

-----

 

“Have you had a good time?” Seulgi asked as they continued down the beach.

“Are you kidding? Of course I have,” Wendy replied.

Seulgi laughed softly at Wendy’s reaction, “Me too, I’ve had a good time too.”

“Are you starting to worry about leaving again like you were in Florida? We still have a couple of days.”

“Yeah, a bit,” Seulgi said. She stopped them in the middle of the sand, “But I just want to think about you for the time we have left. My business is in good hands.”

Barefoot Wendy stood on her tiptoes and kissed Seulgi lightly, “That’s what I want to do too.”

On the moonlit sand, Seulgi pulled Wendy to her so that their bodies were close. She leaned down and kissed Wendy, not hurriedly or out of control, but softly, gently.

“More,” Wendy said as she tried to get closer.

Seulgi chuckled, “We have all night, and I’m going to need every second of that to show you how much I love you.”

 

===

 

Chapter 18 finished! Thanks for reading this chapter and for the great comments on the previous one. Please look forward to 19, it's very interesting...it will set up the rest of the story ;)

Follow me on twitter @SnapshotsandInk