Bitter Truth

Lust or Love?

Trigger Warning! Mention of self-harm, depression, self-starvation, self-hatred

It's only mentioned briefly, but I suppose it's better to warn in case someone is sensitive to those subjects

 

"Okay I will start" - V said after they had finished their dinner and everyone sat in the living room. Jungkook gave him a thankful glance.
"So as you heard I.. um used to cut.. not my arms obviously, 'cause it would be impossible to hide the scars then, so instead I cut insides of my tights..." - V confessed - "It might not seem like that, but I've always been bad with handling pressure, but after our debut it just appeared to be too much.. so I started to occasionally do it... it wasn't that bad at first, those were more like small scratches than cuts... but then... ... I don't really feel like going much into details, but umm... I got involved with the wrong people and it ended pretty badly... after that I just completely broke down, I started to cut deeper and a lot more frequently... till it turned into everyday ritual before sleep..."
V took a deep breath before smiling reassuringly and continuing - "The most important part is that I stopped... I won't lie and say that I never thought of doing it again, I did a lot... but I promised Jungkook I wouldn't so no matter hard it got I just couldn't break that promise... I couldn't disappoint Kookie... It was enough to remember Jungkooks face when he discovered what I did, to make me stop even thinking about picking up the blade again..."
"I'm sorry" - Jungkook apologized crying - "I broke our promise, I failed you..."
"It's okay, Kookie... you slipped, but it's okay, because I'm here and I'll help you get up again... it doesn't matter if you broke our promise... so did I, I betrayed you by spilling your secret to everyone... I'm sorry... but I was so scared for you, that I didn't think what I was saying... all that mattered was you..."
"Will someone maybe fill us in on what's going on with Jungkook?" - Namjoon said a bit impatiently.
Jungkook only hugged his friend tighter almost painfully. He didn't want to let go of V and face his other hyungs.
V seemed to understand that and asked - "Do you want, me to tell them?"
"Yes please"
"Okay... how much am I allowed to tell?"
"Everything"
"Are you sure?"
Jungkook nodded.
"Kookie ummm... he's has a history of eating disorder..." - V paused to make sure that Jungkook wasn't having second thoughts, when Jungkook nodded against his chest he continued - "It usually happens when he's sad, lonely or depressed or well if he feels guilty about something... it's kind of like a way to punish himself. When he can't cope with himself he will forbid himself all the things that makes him happy and well... alive... he will distance himself from people close to him, he stops singing, dancing unless it's completely necessary, he doesn't eat... he pretty much makes himself miserable, because he believes that it's what he deserves..."
"And that happens often?" - Hoseok asked disbelief clear in his voice.
"Time to time, but usually I notice because he becomes distant and cold towards me or sometimes when it's not that bad Jungkook himself just comes and tells me that he can't force himself to eat and well then let's just say I force him and it never comes to this... this bad it was only once before..." - V paused a bit giving Jungkook a chance to stop him, but when maknae showed no sign of wanting V to stop talking, he continued - "It was when he discovered that I was cutting... Jungkook already was struggling then, but when he got to know what I was doing it kind of triggered him even more... Shortly - we both were at our lowest point then, we've seen each other at our worst and that's kind of why we're so close now..."
"How is it possible that we live together for years, yet we know about each other?" - Hoseok asked - "Or is it just me?"
"Definitely not just you, I feel like I don't even know you guys anymore" - Namjoon agreed silently.
"I need some fresh air" - Jin suddenly announced surprising everyone, before anyone could protest he was already out of the dorm.
"What the is wrong with him?" - Namjoon exclaimed. He had hoped that they will get the chance to talk more - all of them - and wasn't happy at all that Jin so abruptly left.
"Give him some time, it's a lot to take in one evening so it's only normal that he needs some time alone to think it all over" - Suga advised also standing up, but before leaving he turned to Jungkook and added - "And Jeon, if you still want to sort things out between you and Jin I suggest you start to take care of yourself, because as far as I'm informed hyung is not into skeletons."
Jungkook hesitated only short moment before promising - "I will... and... and I'm sorry that... that it came to this, honestly I have no excuses for everything I've done, but I want you all to know that I will try... try to fix... well... everything."
"Good, you do that" - Namjoon agreed before also leaving.
Slowly everyone left to their rooms until only Jungkook and V were left in the living room.
"Are you okay?" - V asked - "Okay, that's a stupid question, but still..."
"I want to be okay" - Jungkook responded carefully - "but I don't think I'm quite there yet."
"I wouldn't expect you to be... But don't worry we will get there" - V assured.
Jungkook sighed for a moment only looking at his friend before he voiced his thoughts - "Thank you for always being there for me, honestly I don't get how you're still not done with my ."
V chuckled - "You've dealt with enough of my , so I guess it's only fair."
Jungkook was about to protest, but was interrupted by himself yawning.
"Okay, off to the bed now. This has been a very long and tiring day" - V ordered.
"Okay, mum" - Jungkook sassed rolling his eyes.
V only smiled fondly ruffling maknaes hair. Any other time he would have chased Jungkook for talking to him like that, but right then he didn't even mind - seeing Jungkook playful was much more welcome than seeing him sad and depressed after all.

 

 

 

I'm so sorry for not updating so long, but school, work and life was taking up all my time :( Hopefully will manage to update more frequently now. Also this fic is slowly coming to an end, I guess there's about 5 or 6 chapters left, though who knows ;)