His One And Only Best Friend

Lust or Love?

 

"I want to give you a second chance..." - Jin said weakly - "But how can I be with someone who I don't think I'll ever trust again... How can I be with you when I can't even look at you... I'm sorry Jungkook... I'd say it's over, but there wasn't really anything between us... so please just give me the key and let me go."

 

Jin didn't look up at Jungkook as other gave him keys with shaking hands, neither did he looked back at the source of broken sobs as he walked out of Jungkooks room. Part of him wanted to just fall in Jungkooks arms and forget everything that he just heard, but bigger part of him was too disappointed, too hurt by Jungkook for that.

Other members that had gathered in living room were shocked to see Jin come out of Jungkooks room crying and not being able to explain why.
They were even more shocked when V explained them.


V sighed and got up to go to Jungkook when leader stopped him - "You can't be serious V? After what he's done to Jin, you choose to go to him?"
"I'll always stand by Jungkooks side, no matter what he does..." - V announced - "Because unlike the rest of you I know him."
"What's there to know? He's a spoiled that deserves no compassion" - Namjoon exclaimed.
V looked at Namjoon with unreadable expression - "Hyung, you shouldn't say things you will regret later."
He continued his way to Jungkooks room, but before going in V stopped once more looking back at Jin who was now crying in Hoseoks arms - "Hyung, I'm sorry you got hurt... but you have others to be there for you and I know you're strong, you'll be okay, but Kookie... he has no one... I know he's the one at fault here, but he's hurting too... and I am his best friend... at the moment possibly even only one... you might not get why I choose to go to him now, but maybe one day you will understand...". He didn't wait for any answer and continued his way to his best friends room.


V knew what to expect when he entered the room, but his heart still clenched painfully seeing his friend so broken and sad. V didn't hesitate to lay down next to Jungkook and wrap him in his arms.
Sensing Taehyungs presence Jungkook only cried harder - "Tae... I... I... God... Tae...."
"I know Kookie, I know... you're hurt and scared, you feel guilty, you regret... I know... you don't have to say anything, just get it out... cry all you need... I got you..." - V said others hair lovingly.
He didn't try to stop Jungkook from crying because he knew very well that it was better to get it out than to keep everything inside and build it up, instead resorting to tightly hugging his friend and soothingly rubbing his back.

It took a while before Jungkooks cries turned into occasional sobs and hiccups, when after few more minutes Jungkook didn't make any sounds and relaxed and V thought maknae had fallen asleep, Jungkook spoke - "I thought you won't come..."
"Did you?" - V asked knowing very well why Jungkook thought like that.
"Yeah" - Jungkook confirmed silently.
V sighed - "Guess I haven't been the best friend if you still have doubts that I'd come"
"That's not what I meant.. I... I..." - Jungkook hurriedly objected.
"I know Kookie" - V interrupted - "You think you don't deserve to be comforted and that's why you thought I won't come."
Jungkook only nodded and V continued - "And yes it's your own fault that things are like this now with Jin, but how can I not come, when I know you'd come for me?"
V saw that Jungkook was fighting back tears and pulled him closer again - "It's okay Kookie, don't hold back it will only hurt more later. It's okay to cry... I won't leave you..."

While Jungkook let his tears fall once again V remembered their conversation after Jungkooks and Jins date.

~Flashback
"Tae I have a huge problem... what I feared the most has happened, no actually the unimaginable has happened... and I have no ing idea what to do..."
"What happened?" - V worriedly asked.
"I had with Jin"
"But that's good isn't it?" - V was confused.
"After that he confessed that he loves me and wants me to be his boyfriend..."
"Oh ... that's bad"
"Yeah... but that's not the worst part"
"What could be worse?"
"I love him too and I want to be his boyfriend"
"But that is amazing news"
"I have to tell him the truth... that I initiated whatever it was between us only to him and add to my collection"
"Okay... yeah I see how that is bad... actually that is really bad... that's like putting metal in microwave bad"
"You're not helping, Tae"
"Sorry... umm you could not tell him?"
"I can't... he has the right to know... I don't want to build our relationship on lies"
"Wow you really are head over heels in love with him"
"Yeah"
"And you protested when I told you you are"
"At that time I really wasn't... and that's the worst Tae, if I would have loved him from the beginning but not realized it myself or some stupid soap opera like that it wouldn't be as bad, I wouldn't feel as guilty... but thing is I didn't, I only wanted to him... even when we were in the bed I had this little dance of victory in my head because I got him, I got another idiot in my collection... But then I looked at him and I mean actually looked for real... it's hard to explain it, but it's like till then I only saw him as a hyung that takes care of us and then as a hot guy that I want to , but that moment when I looked at him it was like I saw him for the first time... I saw not my hyung, or another hot guy, I saw the most perfect man in the world and I fell for him... the Taehyun how the do you fall in love while ing a guy from who all you wanted was to him?"
"Umm... maybe was just that amazing"
"It really was... and I thought about that too, so I decided to still write about him in that damned notebook... but ummm... well I'm ed" - Jungkook finished and gave V notebook in which he had written about Jin.
"Jungkook you really are ed" - V said after he had read what his friend had written about Jin.

~End Of Flashback

"Tae, what do I do now?" - Jungkooks asked pulling V our of his thoughts.
"Fight... if you really love him, fight for him... I know it will be hard and painful, but I will be here to hold you whenever you need me..." - V assured.
"I don't deserve you" - Jungkook mumbled.
But V heard perfectly and he wasn't happy about Jungkooks trail of thoughts - "Tell me Jungkook, how do you manage that thought when I wouldn't even be here if not for you?"
"Tae..." - Jungkook started, but V didn't let him finish interrupting - "Don't you ever say stupid like that... Okay, you ed up, whatever happens, it doesn't erase all the good you've done. I trust you with my life Kookie and it's because you've proven me more than once that I can trust you, you've saved me so many times... so if you're gonna say that you don't deserve me, then it better be because you think you deserve someone better than me... "
"I'm sorry, Tae..." - Jungkook apologized - "I just hate being this ed up. Why can't I just be normal?"
"It's okay, Kookie, normal is boring anyways" - V said in an attempt to cheer up his friend - "Just promise me one thing... promise that you won't take it out on yourself, that you won't... punish yourself"
"I can't lie to you Tae... I can't promise that I won't... but I promise I will try" - Jungkook answered honestly.
"Guess it's good enough" - V sighed - "Just remember that you have me, you're not alone."

 

 

Another update and a bit of peak into what Jungkook is actually feeling and dealing with :)