Dangerous Line

Lust or Love?

 

Next day when Jungkook went through the living room he felt cold stares... he tried to act like it didn't bother him and continued his way to the kitchen. He opened the fridge and looked over it's content, nothing looked appetizing for him at the moment, so he just settled for a bottle of water and went back.

Jungkook was already at his rooms door when he mustered courage enough to turn back and look at others.
"Is this how it's gonna be now?" - Jungkook asked - "You all just ignoring me?"
"What else we should do? Do you expect us to make a pity party for poor you, like V does?" - Namjoon asked  - "I'm so disappointed in you. How could you do something like that? Do you even have heart?"
"Namjoon, shut up" - Suga interrupted, before leader could throw any more insults at their maknae.
"Namjoon's right though" - Hoseok said throwing Jungkook accusing glare.
Jungkook swallowed his comeback to his hyungs accusations, even though he desperately wanted to defend himself he didn't because he knew that it would only make everything worse, his hyungs were already mad at him and he didn't want to give them any more reasons to be upset with him. So he just threw one more apologetic look at them and disappeared in his room.

Jungkook spent the rest of the day in his room alone - he knew V had gone out and he didn't expect anyone else to come to him.
It continued like that for about a week - if V didn't have anything else to do he spent time with Jungkook and brought him food, but if V had something to do Jungkook just spent his day alone in his room. Jimin hadn't officially moved out, but he only entered the room to change clothes, he didn't even spend nights there nor Jungkook expected him to.
Though it was better than how Hoseok and Namjoon treated him. Namjoon didn't hide his disgust with maknae every time he saw Jungkook and Hoseok just glared at him disapprovingly shaking his head. Jungkook knew it was his own fault, but he couldn't deny that the way he was treated hurt even if he deserved it. Only one treating Jungkook comparatively normally was Suga, they hadn't talked much, but reassuring shoulder squeezes, hair pats and small sympathetic smiles whenever their paths crossed told Jungkook that Suga wasn't mad at him, at least not as much as everyone else.
And Jin... Jungkook had no idea whether Jin was still mad at him or not, because since their talk he hadn't met other. He assumed that Jin was whether avoiding him or leaving his room as rarely as Jungkook did.

 

Jungkook figured that it must be a bit of both, when few days later he ran into Jin when he went to kitchen for a drink. Jin barely acknowledged Jungkooks presence, but didn't seem to be bothered by it either and continued making his meal.
When Jin was about to leave, Jungkook suddenly grabbed his arm, not letting other go - "How long are we gonna continue like this?"
When Jin didn't answer anything, Jungkook sighed sadly, but tried again - "Can we at least talk? I'm not asking you to forgive me or treat me like you used to... I'm not even asking you to be friendly with me... just please, can you at least talk to me?"
"Okay" - Jin unexpectedly agreed - "Though I have nothing to say to you. But you're right, we can't continue like this... fans will start to notice that something is not right if we avoid each other."
"Fans... is that the only reason you would talk to me?" - Jungkook asked.
"I don't know about you, but I care about BTS and I don't want to ruin what we have... even if that means coping with your presence" - Jin answered.
Before Jungkook could say anything Namjoon interrupted him - "With the way he's been ing around, I would assume he doesn't give a about this band."
"With the way you bully our maknae I'd assume you're a ignorant dip not the leader of Bangtan" - unexpectedly V joined standing next to Jungkook.
"You call this bullying?" - Namjoon questioned shocked.
V shrugged - "How else am I supposed to call your constant insults and curses addressed at him? I know Jungkook did a really ty thing, but it's no excuse to constantly abuse him, it's more than enough that he's been beating himself over it. And you're a of a leader if you can just turn your back on us when we make a mistake. You should have at least talked with Jungkook to at least hear what he has to say, before going all high school bully on him and make him feel even tier than he already does."
Everyone starred shocked at their second youngests outburst, they knew that V was overprotective of his best friend, but they had no clue that he would go as far as going against their leader to protect Jungkook.
V didn't give Namjoon a chance to recover from his shock and took Jungkook by the hand leading him away to his room. He was sick of other members avoiding Jungkook like a plague and throwing disgusted glances at him, he saw what that kind of treatment did to Jungkook and he had promised himself to not let Jungkook go back to the way he used to be. Sadly there was only so much he could do if everyone else kept avoiding maknae and refused to give him a chance to make up for his mistakes and prove that he can do better than that. V knew how important for Jungkook was acceptance, especially from people he considered close and that meant something to him.

 

Even when others where out of sight and Jungkook was lying safely in his arms V couldn't calm down. He was mad at other members for mistreating Jungkook, even considering that Jungkook had hurt Jin, he didn't deserve to be treated as harsh as Namjoon and Hoseok treated him. V was completely in his thoughts, boiling with anger until a low chuckle pulled him out of his thoughts.
He looked questioningly at Jungkook, he couldn't see what was suddenly so funny to Jungkook.
Maknae seemed to understand his friends confusion and tried to explain still laughing - "You called Namjoon ignorant dip... a ing dip... what kind of insult is that, Tae? Out of all the things you could have said you chose dip..."
"I think it's a perfectly usable insult" - V opposed pouting cutely.
"Oh really? So what do you think a word 'dip' even mean?" - Jungkook asked, his tone challenging.
V thought for a moment before grinning widely - "Someone who is so full of as if he's been dipped in it?"
Jungkook laughed loudly at Taehyung definition - "You're a ing moron, Tae."
V smiled despite Jungkooks insult, seeing his friend laugh like that was something he had really missed and he didn't mind making a fool out of himself just to see Jungkook happy and relaxed even if only for a short moment.
They spent the rest of the evening in friendly banters and fooling around, V was purposedly trying to distract Jungkook from the reality at least for few hours.
He thought he was being sneaky enough about it, but he realized how wrong he was when Jungkook spoke after they both had collapsed on the bed from exhaustion - "Thank you, Tae. I really needed this."
"What are you talking about?" - V tried to act clueless.
"Tae, I'm not stupid... I know were trying to distract me from everything and I'm really grateful for that" - Jungkook said sincerely.
V sighed giving up on his act - "You're welcome, I guess... I just really couldn't stand to see you so sad and beaten down anymore. Plus if you want to win back Jins heart you have to stop sulking annd be yourself and smile more, believe me no one can resist your cute bunny smile."
"You're probably right, there's no way I'm ever getting back with Jin if I keep sitting in my room... I should at least leave room more, it's just... kind of hard, when everyone hates me so much" - Jungkook admitted sadly.
"You know that all you have to do is say a word and I will kick anyones " - V offered and Jungkook knew that he was only half joking.
"I don't think hyungs will forgive me if you kick their asses, but thank you for the offer anyways" - Jungkook answered snuggling closer to his friend.
V answered by enveloping Jungkook in his arms and gently kissing his forehead, more than anything he wanted Jungkook to know that he was loved and accepted even with all the mistakes he's made. He knew he alone couldn't fill the empty spot in Jungkooks heart that other members, and especially Jins, rejection left, but at least he could assure that Jungkook didn't feel alone and had someone to rely on. And V couldn't deny that one of his intentions were  to observe Jungkook carefully. He trusted his friend, after all they had made a promise, but he was still afraid that Jungkook would slip again and the past would repeat... V would do anything to avoid that, even go against their leader, because he knew Jungkooks darkest secrets so he saw what others didn't, he saw Jungkook approaching a dangerous line... a line that he had once managed to pull his friend back from, he didn't want to know if he would manage the second time, so he was determined to stop Jungkook before he could do any damage to himself.

 

 

 

Ugh... hope this isn't too confusing, anyways soon Jungkooks and Taehyungs past will be revealed :)