False Feeling Of Improvement

Lust or Love?

 

Trigger Warning! Mention of self-harm, depression, self-starvation, self-hatred

There's nothing too major, but I suppose it's better to warn in case someone is sensitive to those subjects

 

After Suga had talked to Jungkook and V to Jin, things between the two seemed to improve. They weren't openly avoiding each other anymore and occasionally even talked - which looked slightly more like a interrogation from aside, because Jin was asking questions and Jungkook answered them. But everyone agreed that it was improvement from the previous silent treatment Jin gave younger.
They all could see that Jungkook truly regretted what he did, and even Hoseok and Namjoon had reconciled with maknae. There was only so much sad eyes Hoseok could handle from maknae before he had jumped up and tightly hugged frightened Jungkook who hadn't expected such a sudden display of affection from his hyung.
Conversation with Namjoon had been awkward and confusing, because one moment Namjoon was apologizing about how he had treated Jungkook and other he was threatening him in case he hurts Jin again. But even though it was far from having as good relationship as they used to have, Jungkook took what he could get and was happy that leader wasn't constantly dissing him anymore.
Jimin on the other hand hadn't changed at all and Jungkook realized that there was no need to, because since all the mess had started Jimin hadn't said one bad word to Jungkook. And belatedly Jungkook realized that there might be another reason behind Jimin not sleeping in their room - reason named Min Yoongi.
Overall Jungkook knew he had all the reasons to look more optimistically at the future - Jin was talking with him, others didn't treat him like a piece of anymore, but he still felt like one. Seeing that other members started to forgive him, only made Jungkook hate himself more, he didn't feel like he deserved it. He had been shocked and slightly scared when Suga had come dangerously close to discovering that part of him, his hyung was still suspicious and had been questioning Jungkook a lot lately, but Jungkook always tried to distract him and so far it seemed to work.
But Jungkook knew that he won't manage so for long and if Suga was starting to question him already, it won't take long for V to notice what Jungkook was doing too. It was a constant work to hide his state from his best friend, and Jungkook felt bad for lying to V, but he had no other choice, because if V would notice what was happening he would make it better, he would know how to help Jungkook, but Jungkook didn't want that... no he didn't deserve to be helped...   

 

V once again returned to dorms exhausted, at the moment he was the busiest in BTS because with their growing popularity and his funny nature he fastly became frequently requested quest in various variety shows. Because of that he was hardly ever in dorms and couldn't watch over his best friend as closely as he would have wanted to.
For a while it had seemed that he was needlessly worrying and Jungkook was doing okay. So he let his guard down only to few weeks later discover how wrong he had been, Jungkook was nowhere close to okay and if Suga hadn't pulled him aside and pointed it out V was afraid that he would only notice it when it could have been too late already.
But V pushed guilt aside and full with determination entered their living room where all members were scattered around enjoying Jins prepared dinner... all, but one...
After fastly greeting everyone, he turned to Suga to confirm something - "Did he...?"
When rapper shook his head, V sighed deeply and then yelled loudly so his target would hear him - "Jeon Jungkook, get your in the living room... right now!"
Soon very confused and slightly sleepy Jungkook came out of his room. He looked questioningly at his friend.
"Sit down" - V commanded - "And eat."
"I'm not hungry, though" - Jungkook carefully objected.
"Sit the down and eat" - V shouted, shocking everyone in the room with his sudden anger - "And it's not an offer, but a ing order."
"No" - Jungkook grumbled and attempted to leave the room to go back to his room. But V was faster and stood in front of Jungkook blocking his way. It took one look at his friend for Jungkook to know that V knew what was going on and he clearly wasn't happy.
"Jungkook, I said sit down and eat or I will force you if I have to" - V warned.
But Jungkook stubbornly argued back - "And I said, I'm not hungry."
"Yes you are and you're not leaving this room until your plate is empty" - V said dragging Jungkook back in the room and shocking his hyungs even more.
"Taehyung, I'm not ing hungry" - Jungkook growled angrily - "What's so hard to understand there?"
"Oh, you must be really ing special then, because I asked around and this is at least the third day you haven't eaten anything... for normal people that would mean they're ing starving... but not you apparently" - V said sarcastically.
Jungkook glared at him - "Shut up, Taehyung."
Everyone shivered at Jungkooks angry tone, they had never seen their maknae so angry, but V didn't seem to be affected by it at all - "No I won't just as I won't let your self-hatred lead you into starving yourself again."
They heard gasps in the room, but V didn't care about other members or their reactions, all he cared about was to get his friend back to his senses, unfortunately Jungkook was anything but happy about his methods.
"How could you?" - Jungkook yelled shocked that his best friend had just spilled one of his deepest, darkest secrets to everyone - "I hate you Taehyung, how could you betray me like this... how you'd feel if I told everyone that you... that you..."
"That I what?" - V asked with a challenging tone, he knew that he should not have talked about Jungkooks issues in front of everyone, because it was something that younger was desperately trying to hide from everyone.
But no matter how betrayed Jungkook felt by his best friend he just couldn't say what he wanted, he couldn't betray him back like that. So instead he just fought back his tears and said - "I'm leaving and don't you dare to stop me."
"I don't care if they know" - V announced making Jungkook stop in his track. He turned to face his friend shocked and V continued - "It's you that I care about... we promised each other no more, we swore Jungkook... and I haven't made a single cut since that day even though it's been hard and too many times to count my hand almost slipped, but I couldn't do it because of you... I stopped cutting because of you, but you can't even eat a ing dinner for me... so you Jeon Jungkook, go... go and starve to death..."

 

 

 

 

I didn't reread this as many times as I should have, but it's just too hard... sorry for the sad update, can't promise anything happy in next one too, but maybe after that one ;)