Chapter 9

That One Thing That You Don't Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 9

 

“That Choi Minho is really funny.” Heechul commented as he sits across Yonghwa’s table. 

 

Yonghwa was just silently editing the photos while his boss mumbles random stuff. 

 

“I talked to him and he was so happy telling me about his dates with your friend, Seohyun.” Heechul continued and then he chuckled, "Choi Minho is hopeless romantic. I can't believe he's a CEO."

 

Yonghwa forced a smile and didn’t respond. 

 

“But really, your friend hits jackpot.” Heechul commented. “What else would she ask for, right? The owner of CM company likes her so much. He's rich, handsome and so madly in love with her."

 

Yonghwa stares at his boss and in his mind, he already threw the monitor at him and stapled his mouth to shut up. 

 

“Yonghwa...” Heechul taps Yonghwa’s shoulder hard, “Good thing..it was really a good thing that you’re friends with Seohyun-ssi. If it weren't for you, we wouldn't get the deal. Plus, it's a bonus that you helped CM's CEO with his love life." He said while chuckling before he left the office.

 

Yonghwa watches his boss walked out of his office. If looks would kill, then his boss was dead already. But he’s right. This is all because of him. They met because of him. He should be happy for them.

 

He spent the entire day in his office, editing and printing pictures. Even pictures that are not needed for work. 

 

And then that night, he can’t help but to stop by Seohyun’s apartment. He stares outside from his car, noticing that all lights are off. 

 

He decided to park the car and climbed up the ladder going to Seohyun’s room. 

 

She was asleep already. 

 

Yonghwa walks near her carefully and sat on the floor silently, leveling his head on Seohyun’s sleeping face. He stares at her for a long time. Anyone who would see him would find him creepy right now but he can't help it.

 

He carefully moves strands of hair out of Seohyun’s face. As he moves closer, he badly wanted to kiss her. His reflex goes nearer and nearer to Seohyun's face but he stopped.

 

“She’s your best friend. She’s your best friend. Stop it it Yonghwa.” He told himself silently.

 

His eyes turned to the rack and saw again the yellow umbrella. He smiled sadly remembering how he nagged at her to throw it.

 

When he sees the umbrella, he’s reminded of the pain from that rainy day during twelfth grade, hearing right from the mouth of his best friend will never love him. He chuckled bitterly, looking at the umbrella.

 

After a few more minutes, he decided to leave silently the room. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“You’re lovely. You’re really really lovely.” Hyoyeon told Tiffany.

 

Then Seohyun hugged the both of them while they all face the mirror a few minutes before Tiffany’s wedding. 

 

“True. I”m sure Nichkhun’s gonna love you even more.” Seohyun teased her. 

 

Tiffany was already teary-eyed staring at her two friends from the mirror’s reflection. They'v just been through a lot and she's happy that her friends are still by her side, especially on this most important day of her life.

 

“I love you both.” Tiffany said. 

 

“Don’t cry. You’ll ruin your make-up.” Hyoyeon said and grabs a tissue immediately to wipe the side tears on Tiffany’s eyes. 

 

After crying a little, the three of them chuckled.

 

“Are the boys there already?” Tiffany asked. 

 

“We don’t know.” Seohyun answered. “We haven’t gone out yet. I’m sure they’re at the men’s dressing room with Nichkhun.” 

 

When the wedding organizer cued them that the wedding is about to start, they kissed Tiffany and went out to go to their positions.

 

It was a garden wedding. The place is decorated with pastel colors, from light pink, to sky blue, to mint green, to pale yellow. They were all chosen by Tiffany. So her friends have no choice but to wear them.

 

Hyoyeon and Seohyun are the maids of honor and they will walk the aisle before Tiffany enters. Hyoyeon’s boyfriend, Junho, is Nichkhun's best man.

 

The boys, Yonghwa, Jonghyun, Minhyuk and Jungshin wait on the front seats as the wedding music starts. The music was slow, enough for all of them to appreciate how cute the flower girls and the ring bearer are.

 

After a while, the bride’s maids walked one by one. And just in time during the chorus of the song, Hyoyeon walked. 

 

But the woman who’s walking behind Hyoyeon is all Yonghwa can see. 

 

Seohyun was wearing a sky blue, off-shoulder gown. It was princess cut and the flow of the silk fabric gives her the goddess feeling; well, for Yonghwa at least. He can't take away his eyes off of her as she smiles walking down the aisle, with slightly wavy hair and glowing eyes.

 

As he looks at her walking the aisle, he’s reminded of the eight-year-old Seohyun who once saved his life and ran with him away from the bullies. Then their memories all throughout these years keep on playing on his mind.

 

He didn’t notice that he takes more pictures of her than the bride as he clicks his camera continuously while Seohyun was walking down the aisle.

 

The ceremony began and ended. Everybody felt how happy the newly wedded couple are.

 

“Yonghwa, where are you going?” Jungshin stopped him while falling in line on the buffet to eat. 

 

“I’ll just talk to Seohyun.” He said, walking in a hurry as he passed by the crowd to invite Seohyun to eat. 

 

But then he stopped walking towards her when he saw that Minho has arrived and was on the table with Seohyun and with some of the other guests.

 

“Come on. Let’s eat.” Jonghyun elbowed Yonghwa with a plate full of food on his right hand and a glass of juice on his left. 

 

Yonghwa nodded and gave him a weak smile. 

 

Everybody was chatting happily on the table. They were telling Nichkhun about Tiffany’s funny moments during elementary and high school years. All of them are laughing except Yonghwa, who sits silently, and plays with the bread knife, obviously out of focus.

 

“Hey...didn’t you like the food?” Minhyuk elbowed him when he noticed that Yonghwa barely ate the food on his plate. 

 

Yonghwa smirked, “No, I’m just full.” He said a lame excuse. 

 

“Yonghwa-yah...” Nichkhun suddenly called out, “It seems like you’re not with your girlfriend.” He pointed out. 

 

Everybody was with their boyfriend and girlfriends. 

 

Yonghwa just chuckled, “I don’t have a girlfriend.” He answered. 

 

“It’s rare for you not to have one. And even if you don’t have, you can be with anyone you want to accompany you in this kinds of of occasion." Juniel, Jungshin's girlfriend commented, while eating salad.

 

Yonghwa just laughed a little and didn’t respond anymore. He knows his friends would bring all their partners. He just never thought of inviting anyone tonight with him for the wedding.

 

“Anyway guys...we’ll just go to the next table. Enjoy the food and get some more, okay?” Tiffany changed the topic and walked with Nichkhun to entertain other guests.

 

Before leaving, Yonghwa approached Tiffany. 

 

He then handed an SD card on her. “You want me to print them all immediately or you’ll still choose which pictures to print?” He asked.

 

Yonghwa volunteered to be the official photographer for Tiffany’s wedding the day she announced to all of them that she’s getting married. Yonghwa fulfilled that promise.

 

Instead of answering, Tiffany accepted the SD card and hugged Yonghwa tightly. “You really know me, Yonghwa-ya." She commented.



Yonghwa chuckled, “I know. I know you want to check them first before I print and put them on the photo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter