Chapter 8

That One Thing That You Don't Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8

 

“Hello Yonghwa-ssi...” Sooyoung, the receptionist of the clinic, greeted him when he opened the door. 

 

Yonghwa bowed his head slightly at Sooyoung. He found three more patients on the waiting area. He knows Seohyun is busy.

 

“Are you going to wait for Dr. Seo?” Sooyoung asked. “Or should I tell her that you’re here?”

 

“No. I’ll be fine. I can wait.” He said, then handed snacks for the receptionist and the assistant dentist. “Can I wait inside her office?” 

 

Sooyoung nodded. She knows Yonghwa always stays at Seohyun’s office and he even sleeps there sometimes when he waits for Seohyun.

 

Time is running and three hours have passed when Seohyun entered the office and finds Yonghwa sitting on the couch, waiting silently. He stood up from the couch immediately when he saw her by the door, and then he handed her a paper bag with hot chocolate and apple fritter that Seohyun loves to eat for snacks.

 

“Hi.” Yonghwa greeted first. “The...the..hot chocolate inside is not probably that hot anymore.” He stuttered.

 

Seohyun just bade him a little smile as she accepts the paper bag. 

 

“Uhm...Seohyun...about the other night--”

 

“It’s okay Yonghwa.” Seohyun answered stiffly. “It’s okay. Let’s forget about it.” She said while she arranges her things on the table and packs them on her bag. She was about to leave the office when Yonghwa followed her.

 

“No.No.” Yonghwa stopped her. “What I said was..was really out of the line.” He tried to explain. “I went overboard and I shouldn’t have said all those things to you. I'm really really sorry."

 

Seohyun was just looking at him and she nodded her head, accepting his apology. She was about to walk away but Yonghwa spoke again.

 

“I’ve heard you talked to Minho and agreed to have a date with him.” 

 

Seohyun nodded.

 

“Look...” Yonghwa continued, “If...if you don’t want to do it, you don’t need to force yourself. If you’re thinking about the bad words I told you, please forget them. If you're doing this because I said so, you don't have to and you don't--"

 

“I’m not doing this for you, Yonghwa.” Seohyun cut him off. Then she looked at him right straight to his eyes, “I’m doing this for myself."

 

Yonghwa stood silent. 

 

Seohyun curved her lips like she’s thinking, “You know what...you’re probably even right, Yong.” Seohyun said. “Maybe this is really a no big deal situation. Maybe I really should date him. Maybe..maybe I was really narrow-minded and Choi Minho could change me." She said, sounding so serious.

 

He just nodded slowly and didn’t say a word, letting Seohyun talk. 

 

She then let out a sigh, “Well, anyway, I have to go. Sooyoung will be the one closing the clinic. Thanks for the snacks.” She said like nothing happened then went to the front desk.

 

“Are you going home already?” Yonghwa followed her outside the office.

 

“No. I’m meeting Choi Minho tonight.” She answered.

 

Yonghwa gulped and just nodded his head again. “O..okay..” He said softly. 

 

Seohyun gave Sooyoung her last instructions before going out of the clinic. Yonghwa followed her again.

 

“How about tomorrow? Your car is scheduled to be fixed, right? I can accompany you to the bridal shop to get your gown for Tiffany's wedding. We can go together because I'm getting my tuxedo too." Yonghwa muttered.

 

“I’ll just go on my own Yonghwa...” She said while walking towards her car and Yonghwa continues to follow her. “I can just take a cab going there tomorrow. Besides, the clinic is out of your way so you can just go directly to the bridal shop."

 

“But I can pick you up and I can--”

 

“It’s okay Yonghwa.” Seohyun turned to him and cut him off. “I can go on my own. That’s why people call us ‘pretend-lovers’ because we're always together." She commented. "So I'll just go on my own. I can manage." She said before she enters her car.

 

Seohyun drives away, leaving Yonghwa standing alone. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Are you sure you there’s nothing on your mind?” Minho asked Seohyun while driving. “I mean, you can suggest where you want to go and I'll take you there."

 

Seohyun just smiled. “I really don’t have any place in mind right now.” She turned to Minho then continued, “Besides, my life only revolves on the clinic, my apartment and my friends' places, so I really don't know many places. So, it's up to you where to go next."

 

They just had their dinner. Minho brought Seohyun in an expensive Japanese restaurant after finding out that Seohyun loves salmon and tuna sashimi. They talked casually. Minho talks most of the time; telling about his business and family.

 

He asks Seohyun about her job and about her experiences in studying dentistry.

 

“Since we’re full after eating, this place could help us unwind.” Minho said as he maneuvers the car to the left. 

 

In no time, they arrived at a high class bar. 

 

Seohyun gulped seeing how class the place is and noticed high-profiled people everywhere. 

 

“Isn’t this place too expensive?” Seohyun whispered to Minho.

 

He chuckled. He finds her cute being amazed at the place. “It’s okay. Don’t worry.” He said. 

 

Minho then, led Seohyun to the VIP lounge. He has his own lounge and the staff in the bar knows him. They greeted him politely and prepares everything for him.

 

“I think we can chill for a while here.” He said, leading Seohyun to sit on the velvet couch. “Do you want any drinks?” 

 

“Uhm..I really don’t drink alcohol. I’m not good at it. I passed out right away.” She said with a chuckle. 

 

Minho smiled at her and focused on her face before he answers. She’s so beautiful, he thought. And that made his cheeks warm, feeling like a teeanager admiring his crush.

 

“Okay..okay.. I’ll just order a juice for you.” He said. 

 

The lounge is glassed-wall and they can see people dancing and having a good time. After a little while, Seohyun noticed a lot of celebrities and politicians that she only sees on TV. Until she reminded herself that she's with a chaebol right now, and his is a high-profiled person.

 

Minho does the talking. Seohyun continues to listen and an awkward silence envelopes them. 

 

Seohyun let out an awkward laugh before talking. “I’m sorry...” She said then she bowed her head.

 

“Why..why are you sorry?”

 

She smiled shyly, “Because I’m not really used to having dates. You’re probably bored with me already because I don’t talk much.” 

 

Minho chuckled and moved closer to her, “No...I’m not bored. Don’t think that way. And..you’re not used to having dates? I thought your friends always set you up with guys?"

 

Seohyun laughed a little, “They do..but those were really just group dates.” She turned Minho, “I’m with my friends most of the time. And actually, with those guys...those were really not dates."

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“It always ends up on the first meeting.” Seohyun smirked. 

 

Minho’s eyebrows creased, “You mean guys don’t call you back? That’s unbelievable. I mean, who, in the world, will not ask you for a second or third date?"

 

Seohyun smiled, “It’s not that they don’t call me back for a second date. There are really just some who turn out a failure. But most of the time, it's me... It's me who do not go for second dates."

 

Minho looked at Seohyun and felt that there’s something inside her that she’s been suppressing. He badly wanted to move her hair and put them at the back of her ear. But he restrained himself because he knows Seohyun would be startled if he does that.

 

Her tone was sad. He noticed it. 

 

“The truth?” Seohyun suddenly spoke and continued. “Actually, the truth about why I don’t go out with men that much is because I'm scared."

 

“Scared of what?” Minho asked softly.

 

Seohyun took a deep breath and looked far away, “Scared to get hurt.” She then looked at Minho, “Because I got hurt once before.” 

 

Minho didn’t answer but just continued to listen to Seohyun intently. 

 

“I was hurt because of this one guy.” Seohyun continued. “He’s the only man I loved.” She then smirked bitterly, “And worst is I loved him for a very very lon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter