Chapter 5

That One Thing That You Don't Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5

 

Yonghwa dressed up appropriately. He even wore his favorite attire and fixed his hair formally. 

 

Krystal almost choked her french toast when she saw her brother going downstairs, and drowning his body with perfume. She looked at the clock and then back to her brother, in awe.

 

It was still 7am, and it’s very rare for Yonghwa to get up and even be dressed up this early. 

 

“Oppa...are you attending a wedding or what?” Krystal asked when Yonghwa sat across her and ate his breakfast. 

 

Yonghwa chuckled, “Do I look good already, Krys?” 

 

“What’s the fuss?” She asked.

 

“I’m meeting a very important person today. A formal person, so I need to dress up too. And this will either make or break my career, you know." Yonghwa explained. 

 

Krystal just nodded her head innocently as if she understands what her brother is telling her. 

 

“I just have a good feeling today.” Yonghwa smiled then he stood up, “Finish your breakfast already. I’ll drop you off your school because I have to be early at CM too."

 

“CM agency? Like CM? Really CM?!” Krystal’s eyes grew bigger. “OMG, Oppa. All my favorite stars are from that company. You haven't taken photos of their artists yet, right? So are you going to be their photographer now?"

 

Yonghwa smirked, “Hopefully, Krys.”

 

“Daebak Oppa!” Krystal exclaimed excitedly for her brother. 

 

After dropping Krystal off from her school, Yonghwa immediately went to CM agency. He’s one hour early. He was nervous but at the same time, he feels he's getting an approval.

 

Before he gets off the car, his phone beeped.

 

“Are you at CM already? I know you can do it.” A text from Seohyun came.

 

“I am... Wish me luck Seohyun-ah...” He replied.

 

A reply instantly came, “Good luck Yong! Fighting!” 

 

He got off the car with a smile. He can already imagine a big smile on Heechul’s face once they get the approval of CM. Plus, Yonghwa is already thinking about the lots of money he could get out of this. He laughed silently at his own foolishness.

 

However, his heart beats fast when he was already in the lobby. He was more than nervous when the secretary went inside Taeyeon's office.

 

“Mr. Jung, you can get inside Miss Kim’s office now.” The secretary said after a minute.

 

Then Yonghwa was recalling what Seohyun told him last night. I can do it. I can do it, he recites it on his mind. He can do it because he's Jung Yonghwa. He can do it because Seohyun told him so. That thought makes him more confident.  

 

“Welcome back Mr. Jung.” Taeyeon greeted.

 

Yonghwa bowed his head. 

 

“You’re early.” Taeyeon continued. “And believe it or not, I also didn’t imagine you going back here immediately. You should know that I was surprised as you were when our CEO told me to call you."

 

“But thank you for the call, Miss Kim.” Yonghwa said.

 

“First, I would like to apologize for everything I said yesterday if I have offended you. Please don’t take it personally.” 

 

“No. I totally understand your point Miss Kim.”

 

Taeyeon just nodded. “I really don’t have any idea about CEO’s sudden invitation to you so let’s just wait for the call, okay?” 

 

For a few minutes, the agony was prolonged as Yonghwa sits on the couch in Taeyeon’s office. At exactly 9 in the morning, the the phone rang.

 

“Hello?” Taeyeon answered. “Yes, Seonsangnim. I understand. I’ll tell him right away.” Then she hang the phone up. “Mr. Jung...” She turned to Yonghwa, "My secretary will accompany you to the CEO's office on the 22nd floor." She said.

 

As they wait for the elevator, Yonghwa was mumbling inside his mind the confusion. He doesn’t know the sudden meeting, he never met CM's CEO, because it has always been Taeyeon who's representing the ageny on TV.

 

Taeyeon’s secretary transferred Yonghwa to the CEO’s secretary who has a glassed office just outside the CEO’s room. 

 

“Mr. Choi...” The secretary said, “Mr. Jung Yonghwa is here.” 

 

The CEO was facing the city view through the glassed wall of his office. He was sipping a cup of coffee, based on what Yonghwa sees, but since the CEO is facing his back, Yonghwa could only notice a tall and firm stand from him. 

 

When the CEO turns around, Yonghwa was surprised that he was so young. He feels he’s the same age as his. 

 

“You can now leave us, Sunny-ssi...” The CEO said to the secretary in a command that will only be heard from big bosses. 

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, Seonsangnim.” Yonghwa bowed in 90 degrees despite the youthful look of the CEO. 

 

“Minho...” The CEO said and then he smiled. “Just call me Minho. You don’t have to be so formal because based on your profile, we're just the same age." He said, with a manly and low voice.

 

Yonghwa could only gulp and feel the tension. Yes they’re at the same age but he’s definitely lower than the wealth of the guy in front of him.

 

“Have a seat.” Minho said. “I’m Choi Minho. I’m the CEO of CM agency. To save time from possible questions, I’ll just tell it straight that I am the son of the owner of this agency." He said. "But, let's not be awkward. My father owns this, not me." He chuckled.

 

Yonghwa felt more intimidated after hearing that. Why would the son’s owner invite him to his office? He has so many staff he can use to communicate with Yonghwa regarding business matters.

 

“I’ve heard that your publishing company wants to be affiliated with us.” Minho muttered straight to the point.

 

“Yes, Sir.” 

 

“I’m accepting it.” 

 

“Ne?” Yonghwa was more than surprised. 

 

Minho chuckled, “Why, you don’t want me to accept it?”

 

“No. No sir. That’s not what I mean. I was just a little bit shocked. I mean...aren’t you supposed to check on us first and study our publishing company before--"

 

“Are you questioning my decision Mr. Jung?”

 

“No sir.” Yonghwa cursed at himself. Why does he even have a big mouth? Why can’t he just shut up and just be thankful that CM is accepting them. "I'm..I'm just really surprised, sir."

 

“You don’t have to hide anything Mr. Jung. I can do what you’re saying and study your company while you’re affiliated with us. We can do that in the near future." Minho said. 

 

Yonghwa nodded his head. “Well, thank you very much for accepting us

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter