Chapter 6

That One Thing That You Don't Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 6 

 

Seohyun woke up seeing a a dozen of blue roses right in front of her eyes. She struggled to get up. When she sat on her bed, she grabbed the bouquet beside her and turned to the window to see if it was slightly opened, meaning someone came up.

 

After smelling the  flowers and picked the little yellow card on it. It was a reflex to smile after recognizing whose penmanship it was and what was written on the card.

 

“Remember how people call us ‘YongSeo’? And that’s what I’m asking for, right now -- ‘YongSeo’= Forgivess. (Sad face). Sorry about last night."

 

Seohyun never heard from Yonghwa one day after their argument at the restaurant. But the day after that, she received these flowers. It usually takes one day to cool down their heads when they fight and then they reconcile back again.

 

She then grabbed her phone and immediately texted Yonghwa.

 

“I forgive you.” She texted him. “I’m sorry also for how I acted last night.” She sent another message. 

 

Within a minute, her phone rang. 

 

“Are we okay now?” Yonghwa immediately asked first thing when Seohyun answered the phone. 

 

“Yes.” Seohyun said. 

 

Yonghwa grinned. “Thanks. Hope you liked the flowers.”

 

“I did.”

 

“Good. Now get up and get ready to go to work.” 

 

“You too.”

 

Then they hang up. Seohyun immediately placed the dozen blue roses on an empty vase at her counter in the kitchen. Yonghwa knows that's her favorite. It was rare and expensive. She realized that she has never received blue roses from others except Yonghwa and that made her chuckle while arranging the flowers.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Jonghyun met with the boys during their lunch break at their favorite cafe that is just near each other’s offices. 

 

“So, what is this all about?” Minhyuk asked, stirring his latte. 

 

Jonghyun took a deep breath, “Well, Seungyeon’s parents are here in Seoul. And last night after Tiffany’s pre-wedding party, I really got inspired."

 

“Inspired with what?” Jungshin asked, resting his chin on his palm while listening to Jonghyun. 

 

“Inspired to get married.” 

 

The boys chuckled. 

 

“I’m serious, guys.” Jonghyun continued. 

 

Yonghwa patted his shoulder, “Are you sure about it?” 

 

Jonghyun nodded while sipping his Americano, “I am.” He said. “I know I’d marry Seungyeon the first time I saw her. So last night after Tiffany's party, I went to Seungyeon's house to talk to her parents."

 

“So you told them your plans?” Minhyuk asked.

 

“Yes. And they agreed. But Seungyeon doesn’t know yet so I’m planning to surprise her tonight. And I need your help guys. I want to officially propse to Seungyeon tonight." Jonghyun told the boys.

 

They planned out what they need to do later that night. Jonghyun called each of his friend to come because he wants his friends to witness his proposal.

 

Hyoyeon agreed to closed her restaurant earlier even though it’s not a Friday just to accommodate Jonghyun’s special night. She even asked her restaurant's chef to cook all Seungyeon's favorite dishes as requested by Jonghyun.

 

Each of them arrived at the restaurant one by one. All ran from their work and straightly went to witness their friend’s special night. 

 

Jonghyun’s hands are fidgeting and Yonghwa pats his shoulder to calm him down. He knows Jonghyun is nervous about the proposal. Seungyeon, Jonghyun's girlfriend, is totally clueless, while the girls are getting excited and giggling about it.

 

“Where’s Seohyun?” Hyoyeon whispered to Tiffany.

 

Seohyun is the only one missing among the group. They’ve been waiting for her for an hour already. 

 

Jungshin gave Seohyun a call as instructed by his friends. 

 

“She’s not answering.” Jungshin said. “Wait, I’ll call her clinic. She might still be there.”

 

After a while, Jungshin walked back to his friends, “Seohyun’s receptionist said that Seohyun is still handling a patient. She said she'll be late and she'll follow in a while."

 

“How about we start eating? The food won’t be good if we wait a little longer.” Hyoyeon suggested.

 

They started their dinner. The conversation went by happily. Each of them was very careful not to slip their tongues and disclose to Seungyeon about the proposal.

 

In a little while, they all finished their dinner and left some for Seohyun who texted that she’ll be a little more late because of a problem with a patient but she's coming already.

 

Jonghyun then stood and clears his throat. “Okay... Uhm, since I can’t hold it any longer, I want everybody’s attention.” 

 

Everyone’s eyes were on Jonghyun. But Seungyeon was the one very confused because her boyfriend never really wants the spotlight. 

 

“I met a very special girl two years ago.” Jonghyun started. 

 

The girls were giddily smiling, the boys were just grinning, curling their hands out of embarrassment and cheesiness. 

 

“The first time I laid my eyes on her, I knew that she’s the girl I’d want to spend my life with.” Jonghyun continued and Seungyeon started to get more confused as she looks at her boyfriend, then turn to his friends.

 

It was a cue for Jungshin to turn off the lights, as instructed by Jonghyun according to their plan. 

 

Suddenly, a guitar was being played. It was Yonghwa playing the guitar and Minhyuk was following the guitar’s rhythm with a cajon box drum, and in an instant, Jonghyun's voice filled the entire place as he starts singing their theme song.

 

Seungyeon covered her mouth, realizing the song and Jonghyun’s voice and then, while Jonghyun sings, Jungshin plays the projector with a slideshow of pictures of Seungyeon and Jonghyun for the past two years.

 

Seohyun arrived at the restaurant and found it very dim when she opened the door. She slowly closed it and walked towards her friends, listening to Jonghyun's voice. She realized that the proposal is already happening right now.

 

As she walks closely to the table, enough not to disturb the moment, she smiles seeing the screen with pictures of Jonghyun and Seungyeon.

 

When the song ended, Yonghwa and Minhyuk continued to play the love song and the big question popped out of the screen. 

 

Jonghyun walked towards Seungyeon whose eyes are already red as tears fall from it. He was then accompanied by Jungshin who is holding a slice of black forest cake that Seungyeon loves.

 

“Gong Seungyeon, will you marry me?” Jonghyun said exactly as what was written on the screen and gave the cake with a candle and a little box to her.

 

Wiping her tears, Seungyeon nodded, “Yes. Yes! I will marry 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter