Chapter 4

That One Thing That You Don't Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4

 

Yonghwa felt a warm lips kissing his face. So he struggled to open his eyes to wake up. He realized he’s not in his own room and remembered that after a few drinks at the stag party, he left the boys at Nichkhun's house and went out with a random girl they hired at the party.

 

He doesn’t even know the girl’s name and that happens to him oftentimes. Being a top photographer, his connections in the entertainment industry is really big; models, celebrities and a lot of commoners know him. Parties here and there, girls threw themselves at him willingly.

 

So a stag party is really a bonus. Plus, he has all the reasons because he was with the boys and it was Nichkhun’s party.

 

He realized he probably drank too much last night that his head is like slicing into pieces when he woke up. He moved to avoid the girl from kissing him; Yonghwa got up and put on his clothes.

 

“What time is it?” He asked the girl.

 

The girl covered herself with a blanket and looked at the clock, “It’s 10:30 in the morning. Are you going now? We still have time, right? Come on. Go back here." She said, tapping the bed.

 

Yonghwa just chuckled, “I need to go now.” He said while buttoning his polo shirt, “Thanks for last night.”

 

He drove directly to Seohyun’s clinic, opening it without hesitation then greeted Sooyoung, the receptionist and Yoona, the assistant dentist, who are busy talking to the patients in line.

 

“Where’s Seohyun?” He asked. 

 

The receptionist, Sooyoung, pointed the way, “She’s with a patient.” 

 

He nodded and went straight ahead of the room. He peeked and saw Seohyun giving instructions to the patient. It was about a root canal which he is totally clueless of.

 

Yonghwa then opened the door widely when he noticed it was done. Then waved his hand silently at his best friend while leaning on the door.

 

“Where did you sleep last night?” Seohyun immediately asked while taking off her mask and her gloves. 

 

Yonghwa didn’t respond and just gave her a sheepish smile.

 

“Krystal called and asked where you were.” Seohyun continued. “That only means that you didn’t sleep in your house after the party." She sighed. "Tiffany called me up and told me that Nichkhun and the boys were also wondering where you were because you suddenly disappeared at the part, Jung Yonghwa."

 

“Well, I told you, I just want do favors to girls who badly want me, what’s wrong with that?” Yonghwa justified and Seohyun slapped him hard this time.

 

“You’re gross Jung Yonghwa. Plus, how many times will I remind you not to leave your sister alone in your house especially at night time? It's dangerous." She said. "Bring her to me if you want to go out at nigt. I told you that before."

 

“But I was just--”

 

Seohyun glared at him. And it was a signal to stop justifying. 

 

“Fine. I'm sorry.” Yonghwa held up his hands in surrender. “I’m hungry.” He then said. “And I need meds for headache and a charger for my phone. My battery's empty since last night."

 

“Okay. Let’s go to the nearest cafe and then--”

 

“No.” 

 

“What ‘no?”

 

“I want bibimbap and chapchae.” Yonghwa childishly said.

 

“Fine. Let’s look for a restaurant to--”

 

“No. Your cook. I want the ones you’re cooking.” He insisted.

 

They ended up going to Seohyun’s apartment. Since it’s almost lunch time and as requested, Seohyun prepared foods Yonghwa is craving for. She also made tea for him which he does when he's drinking too much.

 

“Why don’t you start preparing the table while I finish this?” Seohyun said loudly to Yonghwa who is lying comfortably on her couch and switching TV channels every second.

 

But without a word, he followed and placed plates on the table after charging his phone. 

 

“Wow, Seohyun-ah... If you weren’t a dentist, you really could be a chef, you know. This looks delicious.” Yonghwa commented.

 

Seohyun just chuckled as she pours water on Yonghwa’s glass, wipes his chopsticks with tissue while listening to Yonghwa’s ranting. 

 

Sometimes, their friends would tease them that they live their lives in a roleplay: acting as husband and wife. But it was just a role, a character in a drama and in reality is that they're not. They're used to this teasing. Sometimes, the just don't realize that the only thing they need to do is to change their label from best friends to lovers.

 

But they’re best friends. And that’s it. Seohyun accepted that and Yonghwa cherished it more than anything else.

 

While having their usual conversation, Yonghwa’s phone beeps continuously. A lot of text messages were received one by one. His phone battery was empty since he was at the stag party.

 

He got up from the seat and checks his phone that is charging.

 

“Crap!” He muttered as he reads the message. 

 

“Why? What happened?” Seohyun puts her chopsticks down and asked her best friend, full of concern.

 

“Argh!” Yonghwa mumbled in madness. “I need to go Seohyun-ah..” He said then gets his coat immediately. 

 

”Wait, what happened?” Seohyun gaped in confusion but Yonghwa was already went out of the apartment.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Yonghwa’s boss in the Publishing company folded his arms when he went in the office. 

 

“Where the hell have you been?” Heechul, the Publications head, asked in anger his top photographer. 


Yonghwa sighed and bowed his head in embarrassment. “I’m sorry, Hyung.” 

 

“Have you forgotten that you have a shoot early morning today? They are top celebrities Yonghwa-ya. They waited for you half day! How can you ditch all of us? Plus, your phone can't be reached!" Heechul continues to rage in anger. "What's worst is that they were the ones who requested that you will be their photographer. And where were you?! You were nowhere!"

 

Biting his lip, Yonghwa didn’t answer back. He totally forgot his schedule and went drinking and sleeping with a girl last night. He forgot about the special shoot that morning.

 

“I’m really sorry Heechul Hyung.” 

 

Yonghwa works in an independent photo publishing. Everyone likes him, that’s why despite his stubbornness at times, the publications usually let his troubles slide.

 

“As much as I want to fire you right now, I won’t because you’re my best photographer.” Heechul said. “But please Yonghwa, don't be so overconfident that you don't take our orders anymore. You need to learn a lesson."

 

Meeting eyes with his head boss, he’s ready for some punishment. This is not the first time he took his job lightly, but today is really crucial because top celebrities are involved.

 

Heechul let out an upset sigh and looked at Yonghwa, “I’ll give you one more chance.” 

 

Yonghwa’s face cheered up after hearing that chance. He thought he’ll be suspended or worst, he’ll be fired. Because he knows ditching big celebrities could ruin his career.

 

“I want you to get CM agency to make us their official photo publishing in all their endorsements.” Heechul said.

 

With mouth wide-opened, Yonghwa just stared at his boss after hearing that. 

 

“But Hyung, CM is the biggest agency. It’s not easy to--”

 

“I know. That’s why I want them. They’re at the top in terms of stocks. Their artists have the most endorsements. Therefore, we should want to be affiliated with them and hire us as their official photo publishers in all their advertisements." Heechul explained like it's a no-brainer.

 

Yonghwa sighed and wanted to defend, “Hyung, that’s impossible. I mean, I can’t--”

 

“One week Yonghwa.” Heechul cut him off. “I’m giving you one week or I’ll not think twice sending you out of this company. We let you slide so many times. Now, it's about time you do something worthwhile for this company. In the meantime, don't show me your face until you get the approval from CM."

 

Yonghwa walked out of the office with heavy footsteps. He wants to throw anything he sees but he knows he was wrong. 

 

He checks his phone and saw Seohyun’s messages asking him what happened. But she was not answering her phone anymore when he called. She's probably back to her clinic.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Yonghwa, what brings you here? And where did you go last night during Nichkhun ’s st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter