Chapter 14

That One Thing That You Don't Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 14

 

Seohyun froze. 

 

She stood on the long sand bar, her hair is following the wind’s direction. She wants to move but she just can’t; she wants to stop her tears but they keep on falling.

 

It has been more than a few minutes already before she turns her head from all sides of the shore, and no one’s there. 

 

Yonghwa left her. 

 

She lost all her energy that her body just fell and her knees touched the sand in an instant. She held her hand up, gripping her chest, feeling her heart that beats fast.


But it hurts. It hurts so much. 

 

“Seohyun-ah!” 

 

When she heard the voice, she came back to her senses and wiped her tears away as fast as she can. She took a deep breath before she turns around and forced herself to smile.

 

“What are you doing there?” Minho asked. 

 

“I..I was just out for a walk...” She tried to answer casually. 

 

Minho just nodded his head as he approached her and extends his arm when he’s near her, “Come on. I’ll walk you back to the your room. I think all of them are sleeping already." He said.

 

Seohyun held Minho’s hand but as they walk back to their respective rooms, Seohyun’s mind is filled with what just happened few minutes ago.

 

***

 

Few minutes ago. 

 

Seohyun looked at Yonghwa’s eyes intently after the kiss. They both pause for a few seconds before Yonghwa broke the silence. 

 

“This...” Yonghwa said. “This is why I can’t be near you anymore, Seohyun. This is why I should avoid you. Because you said we shouldn't love each other, right?" He said while tears falling from his eyes. "But I can't do that when you're near me... I can't unlove you Seohyun-ah... I can't."

 

Yonghwa can see that Seohyun is trembling. He would admit that he’s been wanting to kiss Seohyun since before.

 

But not like this. Not with this kind of situation. 

 

In his dreams, it was a kiss that ends with smiles from both of their faces. But not this. 

 

Seohyun’s tears continue to fall. 

 

Their faces were so near each other before Yonghwa pulls back a little and wipes Seohyun’s tears with his thumb. 

 

“No tears Seohyun.” He said. “You said we should stop loving each other, right? That’s what you want, right?” Yonghwa continued. 

 

Seohyun didn’t respond and just stares at her best friend intently. 

 

Yonghwa continues to wipe the tears that continue flow on Seohyun’s face. 

 

“Since you said we should stop loving each other...” Yonghwa continued, “There should be no tears, Seohyun-ah...” He said firmly. "Because that kiss SHOULD have no meaning to you." He said, piercing her with his eyes, "So don't cry. You should be numb about this. No anger, no tears, nothing...nothing about you and I."

 

Those words just pricked Seohyun’s heart in an instant and the next thing she knows, there was no one holding her shoulders anymore.

 

Yonghwa was walking away from her. And what hurts more? He didn’t look back. Not even once. 

 

That made her felt her tears began to flow again. 

 

***

 

Yonghwa was breathing hard as he walks in a hurry back to his room. 

 

He just kissed Seohyun. He kissed her. 

 

And now he left her alone there.

 

He used to be the first one she’d tell her worries to. He used to be the first person she’ll call when something happened. He used to be the first one who stays by her side whether there is or there is nothing to talk about.

 

If they were like what they used to be before, surely, he would annoy her right at this moment and play with her on the beach. Or she would lie on a hammock and he would surely lie beside her; she would read her favorite novel and he would sleep like a log.

 

Or maybe they would talk endlessly about random stuff. Or maybe not. They would just silently sit together and understand each other without words being spoken.

 

His feet paused in an instant at the thought that he left Seohyun alone there in the dark. He can actually hear her sobs when he was walking away from her. Yonghwa's hands turned to fists as her sobs echo in his head.

 

Yonghwa closed his eyes and took a deep breath. 

 

“Mwolla!” He mumbled to himself and turned around to go back. 

 

He doesn’t care anymore. Why the hell is this happening to us? She’s my best friend. Yonghwa thought.

 

He almost ran just to go back to her. 

 

And when he was on the spot where he can see her from afar, she’s not alone anymore. Minho was there, extending his hand to Seohyun which she immediately locked her hand to.

 

Yonghwa turned around and moved to another corner, hiding himself for they will pass by where he is currently standing. He leaned behind the wall; he can hear Minho as he bids Seohyun a good night.

 

He only moved and showed himself out of the wall when he heard the door closed. 

 

He sighed. Real hard. 

 

And slowly, with heavy feet, he went back to his room. 

 

Yonghwa and Jungshin were roommates but he’s not that surprised to find Minhyuk and Jonghyun staying on his bed; one is watching TV, the other is playing on his phone and the last one is eating some snacks.

 

All three of them turned their heads when Yonghwa came in the room. 

 

“Where have you been?” Jungshin asked, munching a three chips of Pringles at the same time. 

 

Yonghwa didn’t respond. 

 

“Ya! Did something happen? Are you okay?” Minhyuk asked. 

 

Yonghwa slowly walks in front of them, not giving them a single glance. And the three followed him with their eyes as he walks lifelessly.

 

He blinks many times, thinking hard before he turned to the boys one by one and stopped at Jonghyun. 

 

“Jonghyun-ah...do you still remember your Judo lessons?” Yonghwa suddenly asked. 

 

“Huh?” Jonghyun frowned. “Wae?”

 

Yonghwa was looking at him seriously, with eyebrows creased but expressionless face. “Hit me.” 

 

Jonghyun exchanged glances with Minhyuk and Jungshin before he turned again to Yonghwa. “Mworago?” He asked. 

 

“I said hit me. Punch me! Or..Or kick me! Whatever!” 

 

Jonghyun gets more confused now, “Why..why will I do that?” 

 

“Just hit me! Come on! I’m sure you can do that!” 

 

“Yonghwa, what is wrong with you?!” Jungshin butted in. 

 

But Yonghwa was just focused on Jonghyun, waiting for him to stand up from the bed and hit him. He was looking so intense but the three were just plainly clueless on why he's acting that way.

 

Yonghwa suddenly drags Jonghyun and forced him to stand up, “Come on, Jonghyun-ah..hit me! Punch me!” 

 

“Yong...if there’s a problem then--”

 

“I said hit me!” Yonghwa cut him off with an angered tone. 

 

And that made Jonghyun’s reflex hit him really hard. Jonghyun punched Yonghwa at the side of his lips that bled in an instant and almost broke his jaw. Yonghwa groaned in pain after falling on the floor because of that punch.

 

Jonghyun immediately helped him up while Minhyuk runs quickly to get his first aid kit. Jungshin was just standing, staring at Yonghwa and shaking his head in disbelief of his craziness.

 

“Sorry.” Jonghyun said while helping him to get up, “I think I did a pretty hard punch.” 

 

Yonghwa smirked while removing and check

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter