Chapter 2

That One Thing That You Don't Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2

 

Hyoyeon closes her restaurant at 7:00 p.m when it’s Friday, to make it exclusive for her friends. She was arranging the table when the two other girls arrived.

 

“Hyo!” Tiffany immediately called out when she opened the door. 

 

"Hey!" Hyoyeon greeted them back then turned to Seohyun, "You look so perfect Seohyunnie.. that's what I'm talking about." She playfully moves her eyebrows.

 

They went in like it was their second home. Jonghyun and Jungshin are already inside, playing video games like teenagers.

 

“Wow you guys are early.” Seohyun commented as the boys greet her and Tiffany with hugs. 

 

The boys were focused again on the games and it was the girls’ duty to arrange the table and prepare the food. Everytime they get together on Fridays, it always feels like going back to the times when they're young. It's just always fun.

 

Everything happened on these Friday gatherings. Introducing boyfriends or girlfriends, celebration of graduation, birthday parties, problem-sharing and all; they all did those things together and they never missed out a Friday, not seeing each other.

 

“Where are the two other boys?” Tiffany asked, getting churros that is already on the table.

 

“Oh, I asked Minhyuk to buy candle display for the tables. I ran out of it.” Hyoyeon explained while taking out the red velvet cake from the fridge. "Yonghwa just texted and said he'll be a little late."

 

“Really? Why?” Seohyun asked. 

 

“I don’t know. Anyway, Seohyun..be ready okay. He’s on his way.” Hyoyeon said happily.

 

“Who? Yonghwa?”

 

“No! The one I told you about. The guy I wanted you to meet.” Hyoyeon exclaimed with giddy smiles.

 

“Oh..wae?” Jungshin butted in, but eyes still focused on the their video game, “Seohyunnie has a date tonight again?” He chuckled.

 

Seohyun slapped Jungshin’s back. Just then, the door chimes sounded and everybody turned their heads to that direction, anticipating who's Seohyun date is because the girls got excited already.

 

“Why? What’s with all your stare?” Asked Minhyuk innocently and placed the candle display on the table. They just all went back to what they're doing when the door opened again.

 

“What’s up everybody?!” Yonghwa greeted happily when he came in. “Smile!” He held up his DSLR camera that he always hangs on his neck and took a picture of his friends all staring at him.

 

But everybody was surprised when there’s a girl who followed Yonghwa. She was petite and has small face. And she was really pretty. The three girls stared in confusion, wondering who that girl is.

 

While the boys just chuckled and shook their heads.

 

“See what I told you? I won’t be alone.” Yonghwa said arrogance, playfully. Then he wrapped his arm around the girl he’s with. 

 

“Who’s that? Where’s the girl he brought last time?” Tiffany whispered with Seohyun and Jonghyun.

 

“They broke up this morning.” Jonghyun answered and smirked; they all just exchanged glances with that, ‘what-else-is-new’ look.

 

Tiffany chuckled, "So what did she do? Is it as bad as the other before who broke Yonghwa's car tire?" She whispered. 

 

"No. It's not much today. She just threw a make-up kit on him." Jonghyun answered with laugh.

 

Yonghwa brought the girl closer to them, “So guys, this is Bora.” The girl slightly bowed and bade a smile to all his friends. “These are my friends..." Yonghwa continued, "This is Hyoyeon, the owner of the restaurant, Tiffany, the fashion designer, the tall guy there is Jungshin, an engineer, Minhyuk is the genius accountant and Jonghyun is an architect." He enumerated while pointing each of his friends.

 

Bora bowed and shook hands with each of them as Yonghwa introduced all of them. 

 

“And this...” Yonghwa continued and approached Seohyun, wrapping his arm around her neck playfully like a headlock, “This is Dr. Seo Joohyun, my best friend. We call her Seohyun." Then he turned to Seohyun and looked at her from head to foot, "Wow, Seohyun-ah.. what's the occasion that you dressed up so well tonight?" He .

 

Seohyun just elbowed him then bowed her head and shook hands with Bora. It was not hard for everyone to befriend Bora since they are used to Yonghwa bringing different girls all the time.

 

“Let’s eat!” Yonghwa clasped his hands after the introduction and some chitchats.

 

“No.no... We’re still waiting for someone.” Hyoyeon said.

 

Yonghwa turned his head left and right, “We’re complete. Who are we waiting for?”

 

Just then, the door chimes created sound again and everybody’s attention was on it.

 

The door was slowly opened, a tall, handsome guy came in. He was wearing a big smile, and his almond brown eyes were like talking sweet things already.

 

“Hi...” He said.

 

Hyoyeon squealed and almost jumped in excitement when Shim Changmin came in. She ran towards him and dragged him among her friends. Tiffany elbowed Seohyun slightly with a teasing smile.

 

The truth is, he was definitely Seohyun’s type of guy. He looks neat, smart and his face looks so kind. 

 

The boys are clearing throats, waiting for Seohyun’s reaction who just stood in awe of the visitor. 

 

“Well.. Changmin, these are my friends. And this is Seo Joohyun. The one I told you about last time.” Hyoyeon introduced. “This is Shim Changmin."

 

Changmin immediately painted a smile on his face after seeing Seohyun. He shakes her hand softly. All Seohyun did was smile shyly like she was a teenager, and tucked strands of her hair at the back of her ear.

 

Yonghwa chuckled at the distant, looking at his best friend crushing on this pretty boy.

 

When everybody found their places on the table, they start to eat what Hyoyeon prepared. It was Bora who did all the talking. She was very talkative that most of them do not want to listen anymore.

 

“I know, right?” Bora speaks continuously. “There was this time when I was really so drunk. I know I’m pretty so I know men will take advantage of me. But you know what, I really don't like guys who are........." She continued endlessly.

 

However, Seohyun and Changmin have their own little world, just the two of them talking while everybody eats and listens to Bora.

 

“Seohyun-ah, pretend a little. Don’t be so obvious. Be a little hard to get.” Yonghwa whispered at her while chuckling; they were beside each other.

 

She was currently listening to Changmin’s story about his job being a chef when Seohyun heard it. And so she stomped Yonghwa’s foot under the table. He always does that; always teasing her with nonsense stuff everytime she talks to boys.

 

“So, Changmin-ssi,” Jungshin spoke when they were having dessert. “You’re a chef, right? And you own that famous Italian restaurant. Are you planning to put up a new branch?"

 

“Oh, definitely.” Changmin answered after taking a cake bite. “After my wedding, I’ll invest and put another branch in Incheon and Jeonju."

 

“Wedding?!” 

 

All their heads turned to him. 

 

“Yes.” Changmin replied happily. “I’m getting married in two months.”

 

The boys gaped and they turned to Seohyun, whose face was obviously disappointed by what she just heard. Yonghwa almost choked the cake because he laughed after hearing about the wedding. Good thing he was able to control it.

 

“I thought he’s single?!” Tiffany whispered to Hyoyeon.

 

Hyoyeon bit her lip in embarrassment, “I thought so too.” She answered softly.

 

Changmin continued to talk about his upcoming wedding and even about his fiancee. “I’m actually glad I met Hyoyeon because I want to have partnerships with her restaurant when I open up a new branch. That's why I was happy when she invited me to meet her friends. It's really fun to be with all of you." He commented innocently.

 

“Oh...so this is just about the restaurant.” Minhyuk whispered to Jonghyun. 

 

“Epic fail.” Yonghwa commented in a whisper to Seohyun and she stomped his foot again. 

 

“Shut up!” Seohyun answered softly and glared at Yonghwa who is still chuckling. 

 

Conversation continues and after a few hours, they all did their own things. The boys played video games, Bora joined them and didn't leave Yonghwa's side. She's still loud and talkative.

 

The girls went to the kitchen to clean up when Changmin went ahead to go home.

 

“Oh, Seohyunnie...” Hyoyeon back hugged her, “I’m really sorry! I didn’t know Changmin is getting married.” 

 

Seohyun was washing the dishes. She chuckled and rested her head on Hyoyeon who is still hugging her, “It’s okay, Hyo. It was 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter