Chapter 11

That One Thing That You Don't Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 11

 

The next two days were jampacked with random text messages, Kakao talks and phone calls. Everybody was surprised by the news. 

 

Yonghwa was at Haeundae beach, unwinding, having fun throwing frisbee as he plays with his grandfather’s dog. That was when his phone beeps.

 

“Seohyun’s getting married.”

 

Messages come one by one which are all about Seohyun and Minho. The last one was Seohyun’s picture with Minho and his parents, posing like they're already a one big happy family.

 

Yonghwa was staring at his phone, reading the messages, looking at the picture. His expression was blank and he doesn’t even know how to react. That fast? That was all he could think of. They met just like five months ago and now they're getting married?

 

Panting, breathing heavily after playing, Yonghwa sat on the sand. The dog walks towards him and sat beside him. He pats the dog’s head as he stares at the vast sea horizon.

 

Yonghwa smirked sadly, “Getting married, huh?” He muttered alone and nodding his head slowly, “You’re finally going to fulfill your parent's dream, Seohyun-ah." He muttered. Then he chuckled, shaking his head. "I'm pathetic. How in the world did I ever think that Seohyun would marry me someday?" He smirked bitterly.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Seohyun’s mind is in a whirlwind. At first, she met Minho’s parents, the next thing she knows, her friends are bombarding her with so many questions after they told her the news.

 

“So, I’ve told my secretary to help you with the preparation.” Minho said on the other line. 

 

“I know...she’s here with me at the bridal shop.” Seohyun answered. 

 

“She has already contacted some hotels by the way for the reception.” Minho said. 

 

Seohyun bites her lip, overwhelmed with everything that’s happening, “Minho, don’t you think it’s too early to prepare?” 

 

Minho chuckled on the other line, “Yes. But you know, my parents want it big. So I think seven months of preparation is not too early anymore."

 

Seohyun doesn’t know what to say anymore so she just resorted to a sigh. “Anyway, when are you coming back?”

 

Minho is in Paris for a shareholder meeting. He’s staying there for a month so he and Seohyun just call each other everyday. 

 

“Seohyun-ah, this is just my fourth day here in Paris.” Minho chuckled, "Do you miss me that much?" He . "I really wanted to be there with you but you know I have to stay here for another week."

 

Seohyun smiled as she sits on the couch, scans the magazine with different bridal gowns, “I miss you too. It feels empty without you." She said.

 

“You know the right words to make my heart melt Seo Joohyun.” Minho replied. 

 

Seohyun chuckled, “Anyway, I know you’re busy. Just call me later, okay? I also have to meet Tiffany and Hyoyeon.” 

 

“Okay. I’ll call you later. I love you. Bye.”

 

“Love you too.” 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“So what’s the problem?” Hyoyeon lied on Seohyun’s bed after getting some bowl of popcorn. 

 

Tiffany closed the magazine she’s reading and turned to Seohyun too to wait for the answer. 

 

”There’s no problem.” Seohyun responded. “But, you know...everything is just so big for me. Like so, overwhelming.” She said. 

 

“You’re marrying a rich guy, Seohyun-ah...of course it’s going to be grand.” Tiffany said. 

 

Seohyun sighed. “I guess I need to breathe. I mean, it was a rollercoaster ride. One day, I was just dreaming of fulfilling what my parents want for me and the next thing I know, I'm engaged already. It's just so...so fast."

 

“You still have seven months to go before the wedding, Seohyun-ah...” Hyoyeon commented. “You can do it.” 

 

Seohyun sighed again and rested her head on the bed header. “How’s the boys, by the way?” 

 

“Surprised.” Tiffany answered shortly, reading back again the fashion magazine. “They were all shocked by the news but they’re all happy for you."

 

With hesitation, Seohyun bites her lip and asked, “Yonghwa? How about him? I haven’t received any reply from him. He missed a lot of our Friday gatherings as well." She said.

 

“Yonghwa is in Busan.” Hyoyeon answered. “Jungshin said he took a leave to go there with Krystal.” 

 

After a moment of silence, the two girls went back to what they’re doing. Tiffany was checking new European designs on the clothes magazine, while Hyoyeon is watching a movie, munching some popcorn like she's in a real movie house.

 

But Seohyun’s mind was somewhere else. She misses Minho. But she also misses Yonghwa. They haven’t talked to each other in a while now. And with big news like her wedding news, she expects Yonghwa to be the first to congratulate her.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

The following morning, she told her staff in the clinic that she won’t work and would  be out for two to three days. Covering herself with a coat, she went to KTX and bought a train ticket going to Busan.

 

It was lunch time when Seohyun arrived at Busan terminal. She’s familiar with the place. While she rides on a cab, she stares at the view outside and remembered their memories in the place.

 

When they were in high school, Yonghwa and Krystal would go to Busan and the rest of the gang would go with them to have a vacation too. They would do anything and nothing at the same time.

 

Those were the times when life was just happy and stress-free. Sometimes, she wished they could go back to those times. But as they grow older, their lives slowly change which is inevitable.

 

Krystal was making kimchi on the porch, in the house that their grandfather owns. 

 

“Seohyun Unnie?” Krystal exclaimed in surprise when she saw Seohyun getting out of the cab in front of their house. She immediately runs to her and hugged her.

 

“Hi.” Seohyun greeted happily.

 

Krystal was still in shock but managed to talk. “Oh, I’m sorry I can’t help you with your bag. My hands are full of kimchi. Come in.” She said. "What are you doing here? I didn't know you're coming."

 

Seohyun chuckled as they walk inside the house, “It wasn’t planned. I just thought of coming when I found out that you and Yonghwa are here."

 

“Ah really?” Krystal smiled. “That’s nice. It’s been a while since all of you visited Harabeoji too.” She said and then turned to the house, "Harabeoji! Harabeoji! Seohyun Unnie is here!" She called out loudly.

 

Harabeoji walked out of the kitchen slowly, holding his cane and adjusting his eye glasses to look closely, “Oh...Seohyun-ah!" He greeted happily.

 

Seohyun instantly walked towards him and embraced him. “Harabeoji! I miss you so much!” 

 

“Me too. I miss you. Are you with your friends?” Harabeoji asked and turned to Seohyun’s back, “Where are the others?” He asked, as he is used to seeing Yonghwa's friends.

 

“It’s only me, Harabeoji. I’m alone. They didn’t come with me.” Seohyun said.

 

“I see.” Harabeoji respoded. “Well, come on. Come on. I’m cooking. Have you eaten your lunch yet?” He asked, pulling Seohyun through her wrist, guiding her to the dining table.

 

Seohyun smiled and realized that Yonghwa’s grandfather still hasn’t changed. He’s still the cheerful and very accommodating man. She's glad he hasn't forgotten her or her friends.

 

He lives alone in Busan because he doesn’t want to go to Seoul. He likes living alone and he’s strong enough to do errands for himself. He preferred to live there instead of living in Seoul since he can't stand being a too urbanized area.

 

Timely, it was lunch and they were having fun eating and chatting. Krystal and Seohyun are laughing at Harabeoji’s jokes. 

 

It was just an hour after that when Yonghwa came home with Harabeoji’s dog, Jjing. He stopped by the door when he saw Seohyun's back, washing the plates and was laughing beside Harabeoji.

 

“Oh, Oppa...you’re here.” Krystal greeted as she wipes the table. “Come on. We left your lunch here. I’m sure you’re hungry.” 

 

Seohyun turned a little when she heard Krystal talking to Yonghwa. Their eyes met and Seohyun just smiled at him. 

 

Yonghwa walks inside slowly, taking off his DSLR camera from his neck and walks towards the dining table. 

 

“You’re here, Seohyun-ah...” Yonghwa said as he looks at the food, picking up his chopsticks. 

 

Seohyun smiled while she washed the dishes, “Yes. They told me you’re here so I decided to come. It’s been a while since I visited Busan, anyway."

 

“Don’t you have work?” 

 

“Sooyoung and Yoona can handle the clinic well. I told them I’d be out for two to three days.” Seohyun answered, drying up the dishes. "Anyway, there are only few appointments in the clinic this week."

 

Yonghwa didn’t ask anything else after that. He just eats and Seohyun also became distracted when Harabeoji appeared again and talks to Seohyun endlessly.

 

“Wow Oppa! Have you taken all these pictures?” Krystal asked in amazement as she scans the photos on Yonghwa’s DSL

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter