Three Days

Why Three Is Better Than Two
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seokjin loves his job. He loves his job. Or at least this is the mantra he has been reciting for the last two hours, in an attempt to change his attitude before he grabs his boss and strangles the man with his very own tie. His boss is the reason Seokjin, known to his co-workers as Jin goes running in the morning. But the way his day has been going it seems he is going to have to go for a run when he gets home tonight as well.

It’s not that Jin dislikes his boss if truth be told outside of work they are close friends. Jungkook is more like a younger brother to the man when they are not behind the four walls of the office. But when they are behind those walls the man goes from cute dongsaeng to an annoying, demanding crabby monster. Ironically this is why their law firm has been rated number one in the country for three years in a row.

As Seokjin begrudgingly accepts the fact that Jungkook is good at what he does and that the end really in this case does justify the means. He decides instead of killing the younger man (which will lead to him losing his job and not getting invited to Jeon family dinners), he will just add and evening run to his daily regimen.

“You mad at me hyung?” Jungkook asks standing at his desk.

“No.” Jin huffs.

“You are I can tell, but you caved cause you know I’m right.” Jungkook is not gloating it is the boy’s very roundabout way of apologizing.

Jin looks up without commenting waiting for the younger man to finish.

“Thanks for having my back even when you’d rather be stabbing it with a sharp objects.” Jungkook gives Jin a lopsided bunny smile.

There it was the unconventional apology.

Jin smiles he knows the kid so well.

“One of these days… I may just give in to the urge.” He replies sarcastically.

Jungkook’s laughs at the retort.

“You coming over tonight? My mom’s making your favorite American-style spaghetti.”

Jin’s parents died in a car accident when he was fifteen. The Jeon’s were close family friends, and they took Jin in after his parent’s untimely death.

“Sure, but I am going to be late because someone pissed me off badly. So, I need to go running after work to gain back my sanity,” Jin answers the man the last portion directly entirely at him.

“What a horrible person. Tell me who it is I’ll talk to them for you.” Jungkook says with a laugh, as he walks away.

Aissh, that kid

The work day continues without many events. He finalizes his time of arrival for dinner with Jungkook before leaving the office.

The walk to his apartment is beautiful he is excited about the run it’s a gorgeous day outsid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter