Three Days, Three Hours, Three Minutes

Why Three Is Better Than Two
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Namjoon is a mess. He knows he shouldn’t be, because he's practiced what to do in the event that Jin goes into labor with Jin and Yoongi -- they’ve had more than a few emergency drills. But this is not a drill and Namjoon’s brain had officially gone on hiatus.

 

As Namjoon stares at his husband through a fog of mind-numbing blankness, Jin whimpers as a new round of contractions hit him, and Namjoon’s brain finally kicks starts.

 

“Are you okay?” The blonde asks frantically as he helps Jin to the living room, sighing visibly in relief when Jin nods. 

 

They walk in silence as the memory of the morning’s events replay in Namjoon’s head.

 

Namjoon is startled from his sleep by Jin’s loud scream. The pouty-lipped man is clutching his stomach, hunched over as tears streamed down his lily white skin. They both notice the wet ring on the sheets as Namjoon helps his spouse stand up so he can cradle Jin through the contractions. 

 

“Oh God Namjoon I-I think my water broke!” Jin’s exclaims as his eyes grow fearful.

 

“Water?” Namjoon’s brain is slow to boot up, “Water! Holy , !”

 

Namjoon will be the first to admit that his initial reaction was not part of the drill. But in his defense, he was pulled from a dead sleep, and his brain needed a few minutes peocess the data. 

 

The trio are sitting in the living room and waiting for Mrs. Kim to pick Yoongi up. The youngster will be staying with Taehyung’s family while Jin gives birth. The child is nervous and doesn’t want to leave Jin. Yoongi is clinging to the older redhead as though the man is his life source. Namjoon feels sorry, but he’s very aware that he won’t be able to take care of Yoongi and be attentive to Jin at the same time. 

 

“Please appa, please,” Yoongi pleads in between sobs. “I want to come too, I don’t want to go to Taehyung’s house.” The youngster holds on tighter to Jin’s arm.

 

“I know baby, I know,” Jin tries to keep his voice calm despite the pain that is rocking his core. “Mrs. Kim will bring you over later, once your baby brother is here. I promise everything will be alright, Yoongi-ah.”

 

Yoongi doesn’t know a lot, but he knows hospitals are scary, and he’s worried that Jin won’t come back.

 

“Are you sure, really sure, that you’re gonna be okay?” Yoongi hiccups the question, his eyes wide and swollen from tears. 

 

Jin smiles and kisses Yoongi on the head, “Yoongi, Namjoon appa will be there, and he won’t let anything happen to me. Isn’t that right, Namjoon?” Jin turns to stare at the blonde who looks equally as frightened as Yoongi.

 

Namjoon clears his throat, “R-right that’s right, I promise to take good care of appa, Yoongi-ah.”

 

The child stares, his eyes still uncertain. Yoongi knows two things about hospitals - 1) his Yoongi appa went to one and never came back, and 2) Jin appa's parents went to one and never came back. Conclusion: people who go to hospitals don’t come back, because hospitals eat people.

 

Yoongi tightens his hold. 

 

“Yoongi appa never came back, and Namjoon appa went with him too. The hospital ate him,” The child says, and it’s barely above a whisper but both Jin and Namjoon hear him clearly.

 

The blonde moves to the child’s side quickly and scoops the nine (almost ten) year old child into his arms.

 

“Yoongi-ah,” Namjoon speaks into the child’s hair, “Appa is sorry for that every day, but this is different sweetie. Jin appa isn’t sick honey, he’s healthy and strong, and I’ll make sure he comes home. I promise.” Namjoon draws the child closer to hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter